I think the Wii is quite possibly one of the worst systems ever made

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

treyeumph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 treyeumph
Member since 2005 • 1738 Posts

Here is why.  Keep in mind I own all systems.  fanboy accusations have no need here.

First off, in a generation of cutting edge technology, the Wii supports some really outdated technology.  When you take out the wiimote out the equation, the rest is a very poor piece of machinery.  Games looking barely PS2 status (this is the year 2007 right?), cant play DVDs, no online, no demos, no HD, no surround sound etc.  Seriously, from a hardware standpoint the Wii is a failure, kinda like an elementary school drop out. 

Then there is the Wiimote, you know, the Wii main selling point which is supposed to make game controls easier and more fun, but actually does the opposite.  So many games have released now that got bashed in reviews because of poor control.  There are some decent controlling ones out there, if you count the minigames of course.  Using the Wiimote does not make games more fun, just more of a pain to control.

The multi plat games 9/10 score worse on the Wii.  But...but...teh ports!!!  PS3 gets ports, bads ones at that, and they still score better than Wii ones.  Other than zelda, there are no good games on the Wii, and with the exception of a few first party games, the future doesnt look bright for its games.

I think the Wii is quite possibly one of the worst systems ever made because frankly, its so far on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to being competitive with the other systems.  I cant remember a system in the past with this much hype and no substance.  The Wii is just so damn cheap, people need to wake up and see the Wii for what it is, garbage. 

Anyone feel the same way?

Iyethar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Iyethar
Member since 2006 • 4660 Posts
Nope.  Can't say that I do.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
It's better than the Xbox.............
Munkwunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Munkwunk
Member since 2002 • 825 Posts

its so far on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to being competitive with the other systems.

I'm just going to point out that Nintendo has said all along that they're not aiming to compete directly with the X360 or the PS3.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
I guarantee you don't own all systems... I mean while I'd love to see photos of your Colecovision, Atari 2600, and Sega Master System, you'd still be missing ultra-collector items like one of the two working Sega Neptunes, the CD version of the Neo Geo, and a lot of the small userbase consoles.

The worst console ever created? Atari 5200? Sega 32x? CD-I?

The Wii is bad, but nowhere near being the worst console ever.
NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts
"I own all systems" + lack of anecdotes = lol
BrooklynBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BrooklynBomber
Member since 2007 • 1507 Posts

I guarantee you don't own all systems... I mean while I'd love to see photos of your Colecovision, Atari 2600, and Sega Master System, you'd still be missing ultra-collector items like one of the two working Sega Neptunes, the CD version of the Neo Geo, and a lot of the small userbase consoles.

The worst console ever created? Atari 5200? Sega 32x? CD-I?

The Wii is bad, but nowhere near being the worst console ever.
subrosian

The worst console i have ever owned was the 3do and the jaguar is a very close 2nd because I never brought all the genesis stuff. I loved the neo-geo cd but the loading times :evil: ah the memories (goes to look in closet for samurai showdown and kof)  

joeblak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 joeblak
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts
The classic "I own all systems" copout to pretend that a gamer is unbiased...............
1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts
I'm a PC guy, and I may not totally agree with him, but seriously, the comebacks in this thread are just rediculous. They guy's made some valid points, and you've just shoved it back in his face. If you want to prove him wrong, prove him wrong, don't write rediculous posts like "You Fail."
gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gromit007
Member since 2006 • 3024 Posts

Here is why.  Keep in mind I own all systems.  fanboy accusations have no need here.

First off, in a generation of cutting edge technology, the Wii supports some really outdated technology.  When you take out the wiimote out the equation, the rest is a very poor piece of machinery.  Games looking barely PS2 status (this is the year 2007 right?), cant play DVDs, no online, no demos, no HD, no surround sound etc.  Seriously, from a hardware standpoint the Wii is a failure, kinda like an elementary school drop out. 

Then there is the Wiimote, you know, the Wii main selling point which is supposed to make game controls easier and more fun, but actually does the opposite.  So many games have released now that got bashed in reviews because of poor control.  There are some decent controlling ones out there, if you count the minigames of course.  Using the Wiimote does not make games more fun, just more of a pain to control.

The multi plat games 9/10 score worse on the Wii.  But...but...teh ports!!!  PS3 gets ports, bads ones at that, and they still score better than Wii ones.  Other than zelda, there are no good games on the Wii, and with the exception of a few first party games, the future doesnt look bright for its games.

I think the Wii is quite possibly one of the worst systems ever made because frankly, its so far on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to being competitive with the other systems.  I cant remember a system in the past with this much hype and no substance.  The Wii is just so damn cheap, people need to wake up and see the Wii for what it is, garbage. 

treyeumph

Why do graphics matter if its a fun game

Wiimote:It's a new way to play, takes getting used to (for the devs also).

What if Sony and MS are both wrong. What if their vision of games have become 'too much'? There is a point of over-stimulation where more=less.

I would go on, but similar threads have failed many times

BrooklynBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BrooklynBomber

I'm a PC guy, and I may not totally agree with him, but seriously, the comebacks in this thread are just rediculous. They guy's made some valid points, and you've just shoved it back in his face. If you want to prove him wrong, prove him wrong, don't write rediculous posts like "You Fail." 1carus

When logic fails then you insult the TC is a common practice in SW's it seems. I have a wii and it sucks right now there I said it. I only have brought zelda ond spm that's all if I did not have a 360/ps3 then I would be out of luck on console. 

NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts

I'm a PC guy, and I may not totally agree with him, but seriously, the comebacks in this thread are just rediculous. They guy's made some valid points, and you've just shoved it back in his face. If you want to prove him wrong, prove him wrong, don't write rediculous posts like "You Fail." 1carus

When he's spouting someone else's opinion and doesn't even provide any of his own experiences other than "I own all 3 systems! I'm unbiased!" which is questionable given his basis of argument it's very hard to look past that.

abe200x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 abe200x
Member since 2003 • 2029 Posts
Just got done playing wii sports and you lost.
GrlGmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 GrlGmr
Member since 2003 • 4179 Posts

The reason why people are doing the "loser" and "you fail" posts is that there's not a single original point in the entire original post. Let's see, we've got the "weak hardware" argument, the "it can't play DVDs" argument (and really, how many devices do you need to play DVDs?) the "no online" argument, the "no HD/surround sound" argument, the "Wiimote sucks" argument, and a huge dollop of "I think the Wii is the worst console ever made". People are tired of seeing this crap, because it's all been mentioned 10000X before. Just about every single thing he posted as fact is opinion, and how are you supposed to prove an opinion wrong?

Also, if you think the Wii is the worst console ever made, then you obviously weren't around prevoius to last gen.

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts

The reason why people are doing the "loser" and "you fail" posts is that there's not a single original point in the entire original post. Let's see, we've got the "weak hardware" argument, the "it can't play DVDs" argument (and really, how many devices do you need to play DVDs?) the "no online" argument, the "no HD/surround sound" argument, the "Wiimote sucks" argument, and a huge dollop of "I think the Wii is the worst console ever made". People are tired of seeing this crap, because it's all been mentioned 10000X before. Just about every single thing he posted as fact is opinion, and how are you supposed to prove an opinion wrong?

Also, if you think the Wii is the worst console ever made, then you obviously weren't around prevoius to last gen.

GrlGmr
He's probably a little kid who only owned last gen's consoles. If there is anyone who thinks the Wii is actually worst than the Atari Jaguar, NGage, Virtual Boy, etc., then they're only being fanboys. Here's a link to the ten worst consoles according to GT: Top 10 Worst Consoles So once again, TC fails.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts

Just because TC owns all consoles, that doesn't mean he/she isn't a fanboy/girl.

The Wii is a fine console, claiming it's even one of the worst consoles ever made is a baseless and uneducated statement.

kav82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kav82
Member since 2006 • 139 Posts

Don't feel the same way at all, for me it's the best console ever made! VC and a new Nintendo console... can't go wrong! It's not Nintendo's fault that some devs just port over crap... but I didn't buy it for those games, I bought it for minigames and Nintendo IP's as they're my favourite games... Metroid Zelda and Mario, for me, are the best around!

BTW I own all systems too, I'm not a fanboy! I just love gaming, all gaming!

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
I don't think the console is garbage. Anyone can keep on hating, doesn't bother me - the massive sales for the console are bound to reel in some good games in the future.
treyeumph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 treyeumph

Please reread my title, ONE of the worst systems, not THE worst system.  English comprehension worked for me!  At least Jaguar was ahead of its time from a hardware standpoint.  32X or sega CD were not systems, they were add ons.  Wii is up there with Virtua boy imo

Oh and Wii tennis, is one of the worst games I ever played.  I mean, you dont even control the movement for cryin out loud.

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts

Please reread my title, ONE of the worst systems, not THE worst system. English comprehension worked for me! At least Jaguar was ahead of its time from a hardware standpoint. 32X or sega CD were not systems, they were add ons. Wii is up there with Virtua boy imo

Oh and Wii tennis, is one of the worst games I ever played. I mean, you dont even control the movement for cryin out loud.

treyeumph
You still failed. GT is more reliable than your opinion.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Boba_Fett_3710

Please reread my title, ONE of the worst systems, not THE worst system. English comprehension worked for me! At least Jaguar was ahead of its time from a hardware standpoint. 32X or sega CD were not systems, they were add ons. Wii is up there with Virtua boy imo

Oh and Wii tennis, is one of the worst games I ever played. I mean, you dont even control the movement for cryin out loud.

treyeumph

Still, saying it is one of the worst is a very bold claim. Wii is not up there with Virtual Boy, the Wii had more game at launch and sold more in one month than the VB did in it's whole lifetime.

When you say "one of the worst", Jaguar, NGage, Sega add ons, and countless others come to mind.

treyeumph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 treyeumph
[QUOTE="treyeumph"]

Boba_Fett_3710

Still, saying it is one of the worst is a very bold claim. Wii is not up there with Virtual Boy, the Wii had more game at launch and sold more in one month than the VB did in it's whole lifetime.

When you say "one of the worst", Jaguar, NGage, Sega add ons, and countless others come to mind.

keep in mind its simply my opinion.  Sales dont equal a good console and being that its the year 2007, the Wii does not meet expectations.

Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#25 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts

[QUOTE="1carus"]I'm a PC guy, and I may not totally agree with him, but seriously, the comebacks in this thread are just rediculous. They guy's made some valid points, and you've just shoved it back in his face. If you want to prove him wrong, prove him wrong, don't write rediculous posts like "You Fail." BrooklynBomber

When logic fails then you insult the TC is a common practice in SW's it seems. I have a wii and it sucks right now there I said it. I only have brought zelda ond spm that's all if I did not have a 360/ps3 then I would be out of luck on console. 

My thoughts exactly. Thankfully I have the Xbox360 right now, otherwise I wouldn't be playing anything that great, the Wii is a joke, outside of the Virtual Console, imo, and I can even see where people would have problems with the VC.

treyeumph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 treyeumph

imagine if zelda had the graphical muscle of Gears of War, wouldnt it have been more exciting?  Or red steel had 40 player lag free playing like resistance?  Or if Wii games supported HDTVs? What about free downlaodable demos like 360/ps3?  Custom soundtracks in all games, gamerscore, achievements, marketplace, xbox live, 1000's onscreen, huge worlds and draw distances, insane physics (ala motorstorm)now thats what Im talking about. 

Try playing excittruck and then motorstorm, then you'll realize where im coming from.

Wii could have been better. 

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Boba_Fett_3710
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="treyeumph"]

treyeumph

keep in mind its simply my opinion. Sales dont equal a good console and being that its the year 2007, the Wii does not meet expectations.

It's too early to say whether or not the Wii is one of the worst. The only way I could imagine that is if the Wii ends up giving people cancer or something.

I respect you opinion, I just strongly disagree.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="treyeumph"]

Boba_Fett_3710

Virtual Boy caused permanent eye damage in children under seven, and in some people it causes severe nausea. I remember throwing up in the aisle of Toys R Us as a kid after playing their demo unit. Virtual Boy was a horrendous system, your friends couldn't watch you play, multiplayer was out of the question without multiple systems, it was relatively expensive, black & red graphics weren't impressing anyone, and it had barely any games.

You're putting that up there with systems like the CD-I, Jaguar, 3DO, Atari 5200, et cetera? Atari 5200 used one connector for both the power and to connect to your TV, had a space large enough to store a beer that was simply a compartment, the cartridges had no end labels, and the controller was designed to look like a dysfunctional calculator.

The Wii has a Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, and Wii Sports - three more worthwhile games than the Virtual Boy.

BrooklynBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BrooklynBomber
[QUOTE="BrooklynBomber"]

[QUOTE="1carus"]I'm a PC guy, and I may not totally agree with him, but seriously, the comebacks in this thread are just rediculous. They guy's made some valid points, and you've just shoved it back in his face. If you want to prove him wrong, prove him wrong, don't write rediculous posts like "You Fail." Gamer46

My thoughts exactly. Thankfully I have the Xbox360 right now, otherwise I wouldn't be playing anything that great, the Wii is a joke, outside of the Virtual Console, imo, and I can even see where people would have problems with the VC.

I am not a huge fan of VC due to the prices lives games are better imo and cheaper. I really doubt Vc will have a game like SF2 online for only $10 like live. 

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

Please reread my title, ONE of the worst systems, not THE worst system.  English comprehension worked for me!  At least Jaguar was ahead of its time from a hardware standpoint.  32X or sega CD were not systems, they were add ons.  Wii is up there with Virtua boy imo

Oh and Wii tennis, is one of the worst games I ever played.  I mean, you dont even control the movement for cryin out loud.

treyeumph
you cant be seriously comparing the wii to virtua-boy's monochromatic vision blurring headache inducing crappiness because. i promise its not that bad and you would know that if you had ever played it. (virtua boy)
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gamer46
The Wii is middle of the road at best. It's got only two great games right now, Zelda, and Super Paper Mario, and outside of SMG, MP 3, and SSBB, not much else to look forward to, unless you're a fan of cooking sims, animal raising sims, and Mario Party.
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gamer46
[QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="BrooklynBomber"]

[QUOTE="1carus"]I'm a PC guy, and I may not totally agree with him, but seriously, the comebacks in this thread are just rediculous. They guy's made some valid points, and you've just shoved it back in his face. If you want to prove him wrong, prove him wrong, don't write rediculous posts like "You Fail." BrooklynBomber

I am not a huge fan of VC due to the prices lives games are better imo and cheaper. I really doubt Vc will have a game like SF2 online for only $10 like live. 

I wouldn't agrue that, especially given that Nintendo's online plan is a total joke.

treyeumph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 treyeumph
[QUOTE="treyeumph"][QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="treyeumph"]

Boba_Fett_3710

keep in mind its simply my opinion. Sales dont equal a good console and being that its the year 2007, the Wii does not meet expectations.

It's too early to say whether or not the Wii is one of the worst. The only way I could imagine that is if the Wii ends up giving people cancer or something.

I respect you opinion, I just strongly disagree.

Wow, someone mature actually exists around here.  Lets agree to disagree then. 

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 laughingman42
[QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="BrooklynBomber"]

OOT is one of the best games ever and its only $10
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

treyeumph

ok let me give try to give u a valid arguement, unlike some of the rest here who completely disregarded a well though out post.
1- the hardware is actually an improvement in terms of power over gamecube and to a good degree the xbox 1. Yes certain games look behind PS2 but those games are ports of PS2 games, rushed, and were done on the modified GC dev kits.
2- The wii will have online gaming its just not out right now, but the online feature is there so thats not a concern anymore. As for the HD that was never in Nintendo's plan because HD is a small market right now. and really they arent shafting them as they can still enjoy the full of experience of the wii. Unlike Sony whos shafted all non HD owners with the Bluray player built in.
3- The wiimote is relatively new to gaming consoles. It will obviousaly need some more work, time, and effort. The jury is still out on the remote and how it will pan out. If you read the Metroid Prime 3 previews you will see how the precision in that games seems flawless. I expect to see many big things with the wiimote to come out. Wether the wii reaches that potential is still questionable.
4- With the graphics being so far behind 360 and PS3, expect to see most games score less on the wii because of graphics. Unless the gameplay is drastically better. example of that would be Madden 07 as it was better on the wii because the way of playing was actually a bit more fun and added somthing new.
5- I dont think the wii is absolute garbage, it has some promising games in the future, and it has worthy games out right now like Zelda TP and Superpaper Mario. The wii is also gaining some 3rd party support more often. It is more than likely destined for some more creative projects by some of the best minds. Im really excited about what Kojima and Suda are cooking up. WHile i love the 360, the games are really giant eye candy. Nothing has really been that breathtaking in terms of gameplay on any of the new consoles. Gears is fun and yes the cover system was amazing, but thats it, and if those systems were so far superior to the wii, i dont see why they couldnt get that experience more often in the same amount of time.

treyeumph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 treyeumph
[QUOTE="treyeumph"]

laughingman42

you cant be seriously comparing the wii to virtua-boy's monochromatic vision blurring headache inducing crappiness because. i promise its not that bad and you would know that if you had ever played it. (virtua boy)

ok maybe comparing it to VB was a little extreme, keep in mind though that the Wii has broken numerous TVs nationwide. 

I'm just saying, when you take a look at what technology exists out there and what games are on the horizon, the Wii is severly underwhelming, in both hardware and software.  Nintendo is holding back, and making 50 profit on each system sold whereas Sony is losing 231 per console and micorsoft around 100.  You get more than your monies worth with 360/PS3, with Wii, consumers are being milked.  Gamecubes go for 99 bucks, Wii for 250??  Nintendo could have easily put it with more tech for the same price and just ate the profit, but the greed has got to them. 

Games are scoring pretty bad for the most part on the Wii, its obvious why.  Again, my stepson has a Wii and I have tried to like it.  Once I got past the nature of motion sensing, the flaws really began standing out.  He always asks to play my 360 instead of the Wii.  Its a shame.

Filonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Filonus
Member since 2003 • 1307 Posts

It's better than the Xbox.............X360PS3AMD05

was that a joke?

the xbox had shenmue 2, jet set radio future and still one of the greatest games ever HALO,

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 greg_splicer
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

treyeumph

Totally, and i feel really bad that i bought one now, have not touched it since finishing zelda, and there are no games at all i want, not even one, maybe that Fire Emblem one, that looks passable

Hope Nintendo closes its hardware division doors, and go software only, imagine a new zelda on 360, the world look look ASTONISHING, the fairy tale would come to life like never before, for me Wii is not a disapointment for what it is, but for what it should have been, it ha doomed 2 -3 zelda games to GARBAGE graphics, so to get a good looking zelda now e will have to wait another 10 years !!!!

SHAME ON NINTENDO for destroying zelda series, one of my favourite

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="treyeumph"]

greg_splicer

Totally, and i feel really bad that i bought one now, have not touched it since finishing zelda, and there are no games at all i want, not even one, maybe that Fire Emblem one, that looks passable

Hope Nintendo closes its hardware division doors, and go software only, imagine a new zelda on 360, the world look look ASTONISHING, the fairy tale would come to life like never before, for me Wii is not a disapointment for what it is, but for what it should have been, it ha doomed 2 -3 zelda games to GARBAGE graphics, so to get a good looking zelda now e will have to wait another 10 years !!!!

well thats a matter of opinion there. TP was no ocarina but it was a good game. Zelda to me is one of those games where it wasnt about over the top realistic graphics but artstyle. Im sorry i would hate Zelda if it looked like a gears or Final Fantasy. Maybe a little more like Kameo but not to much. Zelda TP was a really good game. i think ur overreacting on how they Destroyed Zelda. I mean yeah they sold out Mario and took him away from us hardcore gamers when the milked him into every sports game imaginable. but Zelda is still great.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Boba_Fett_3710

well thats a matter of opinion there. TP was no ocarina but it was a good game. Zelda to me is one of those games where it wasnt about over the top realistic graphics but art**** Im sorry i would hate Zelda if it looked like a gears or Final Fantasy. Maybe a little more like Kameo but not to much. Zelda TP was a really good game. i think ur overreacting on how they Destroyed Zelda. I mean yeah they sold out Mario and took him away from us hardcore gamers when the milked him into every sports game imaginable. but Zelda is still great.

If you ask me, OoT was good but nowhere near as good as MM in terms of moving the series forward. OoT was basically aLttP in 3D.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts

Here is why. Keep in mind I own all systems. fanboy accusations have no need here.

First off, in a generation of cutting edge technology, the Wii supports some really outdated technology. When you take out the wiimote out the equation, the rest is a very poor piece of machinery. Games looking barely PS2 status (this is the year 2007 right?), cant play DVDs, no online, no demos, no HD, no surround sound etc. Seriously, from a hardware standpoint the Wii is a failure, kinda like an elementary school drop out.

Then there is the Wiimote, you know, the Wii main selling point which is supposed to make game controls easier and more fun, but actually does the opposite. So many games have released now that got bashed in reviews because of poor control. There are some decent controlling ones out there, if you count the minigames of course. Using the Wiimote does not make games more fun, just more of a pain to control.

The multi plat games 9/10 score worse on the Wii. But...but...teh ports!!! PS3 gets ports, bads ones at that, and they still score better than Wii ones. Other than zelda, there are no good games on the Wii, and with the exception of a few first party games, the future doesnt look bright for its games.

I think the Wii is quite possibly one of the worst systems ever made because frankly, its so far on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to being competitive with the other systems. I cant remember a system in the past with this much hype and no substance. The Wii is just so damn cheap, people need to wake up and see the Wii for what it is, garbage.

treyeumph
i 100% agree with you.......but my little brother just  loves the dam thing....i hate it.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jg4xchamp

well thats a matter of opinion there. TP was no ocarina but it was a good game. Zelda to me is one of those games where it wasnt about over the top realistic graphics but art**** Im sorry i would hate Zelda if it looked like a gears or Final Fantasy. Maybe a little more like Kameo but not to much. Zelda TP was a really good game. i think ur overreacting on how they Destroyed Zelda. I mean yeah they sold out Mario and took him away from us hardcore gamers when the milked him into every sports game imaginable. but Zelda is still great.

If you ask me, OoT was good but nowhere near as good as MM in terms of moving the series forward. OoT was basically aLttP in 3D.

Boba_Fett_3710
once again opinion. i though Majoras Mask was a slight step in the wrong direction. And OOT did move it forward, it transitioned Zelda from 2d to 3d quite smoothley. Reality is there is no such thing as a bad zelda game. theres just Zelda games that are great just not amazing.
BrooklynBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BrooklynBomber
[QUOTE="BrooklynBomber"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="BrooklynBomber"]

[QUOTE="1carus"]I'm a PC guy, and I may not totally agree with him, but seriously, the comebacks in this thread are just rediculous. They guy's made some valid points, and you've just shoved it back in his face. If you want to prove him wrong, prove him wrong, don't write rediculous posts like "You Fail." laughingman42

OOT??

What's the name if it's good I will get it. 

treyeumph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 treyeumph
[QUOTE="treyeumph"]

jg4xchamp

ok let me give try to give u a valid arguement, unlike some of the rest here who completely disregarded a well though out post.
1- the hardware is actually an improvement in terms of power over gamecube and to a good degree the xbox 1. Yes certain games look behind PS2 but those games are ports of PS2 games, rushed, and were done on the modified GC dev kits.
2- The wii will have online gaming its just not out right now, but the online feature is there so thats not a concern anymore. As for the HD that was never in Nintendo's plan because HD is a small market right now. and really they arent shafting them as they can still enjoy the full of experience of the wii. Unlike Sony whos shafted all non HD owners with the Bluray player built in.
3- The wiimote is relatively new to gaming consoles. It will obviousaly need some more work, time, and effort. The jury is still out on the remote and how it will pan out. If you read the Metroid Prime 3 previews you will see how the precision in that games seems flawless. I expect to see many big things with the wiimote to come out. Wether the wii reaches that potential is still questionable.
4- With the graphics being so far behind 360 and PS3, expect to see most games score less on the wii because of graphics. Unless the gameplay is drastically better. example of that would be Madden 07 as it was better on the wii because the way of playing was actually a bit more fun and added somthing new.
5- I dont think the wii is absolute garbage, it has some promising games in the future, and it has worthy games out right now like Zelda TP and Superpaper Mario. The wii is also gaining some 3rd party support more often. It is more than likely destined for some more creative projects by some of the best minds. Im really excited about what Kojima and Suda are cooking up. WHile i love the 360, the games are really giant eye candy. Nothing has really been that breathtaking in terms of gameplay on any of the new consoles. Gears is fun and yes the cover system was amazing, but thats it, and if those systems were so far superior to the wii, i dont see why they couldnt get that experience more often in the same amount of time.

Thank you for taking the time and not posting some random sarcastic remark. Ill answer each part by the numbers you marked them with

1. The proof is in the pudding.  At this point, most Wii games, even the ones built from the ground up, look no better than PS2 games.  Some look worse.  Have you seen spiderman on Wii? It was built from the ground up and looks worse than spiderman 2 on xbox.  When I see Wii games that look better than Riddick, conker, halo2, DOA ultimate, NG black, then I may believe its superior than xbox. At this point, there is no proof.

2 Online will happen in 2008, but obviously its not their priority.  I doubt many games will support it and I forsee it being very broken.  It would be a concern of mine.  Free Wii demos would have been nice, why hasnt Nintendo done this?  HDTV is on a very brisk rise, standard TVs are going to be a thing of the past in the near future, heck, in 2008, all cable programming becomes fully HD, and Nintendo does not support this?  Did they not think beyond 1 year?  I do agree Sony is forcing BR down people throat, a choice like Microsoft would have been nice.

3. With the wiimote, some games will work and some will not.  Most of them have had issues, personally I dont think devs are really to blame, its just the nature of motion sensing.  It will never be as steady and accurate as a controller.  See tiger woods for an example.  Also, the Wiimote in my opinion makes some of the most simple commands a chore to do, and some feel forced and unnatural.

4. Madden scored .2 better and while it played differently, after 10 hours of madden, regardless of controls, it still felt like madden.  9/10 games scored less on Wii, I wouldnt exaclty be too proud of madden.  Graphics on Wii dont have the same expectations, so revierers give it more wiggle room (Godfather on Wii scored higher in graphics than 360, not becuase it looks better but becuase it looks better than most Wii games). Also, per Nintendo, graphics dont matter, and the Wii is all about gameplay, so shouldnt it score better in this aspect?

5 i disagree about your 360 comment, beyond Gears I could name many, many games that are excellent.  Dead Rising, PGR3, Kameo, Viva Pinata, Lost planet, crackdown, Saints Row, GRAW 1 and 2, Fight NIght, DOA4, Splinter Cell DA (9.0 on 360 and 5.5 on Wii), and there are many more.  Forget the past though, Halo3, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Lost Oddessee, Forza2, Too human, Mass Effect, Shadowrun, Alan Wake, Army of Two, Assassins Creed, Dirt, GTA4, Burnout5, Splinter Cell 5, and many more, promise to be amazing experiences.

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 greg_splicer
[QUOTE="greg_splicer"][QUOTE="treyeumph"]

jg4xchamp

well thats a matter of opinion there. TP was no ocarina but it was a good game. Zelda to me is one of those games where it wasnt about over the top realistic graphics but artstyle. Im sorry i would hate Zelda if it looked like a gears or Final Fantasy. Maybe a little more like Kameo but not to much. Zelda TP was a really good game. i think ur overreacting on how they Destroyed Zelda. I mean yeah they sold out Mario and took him away from us hardcore gamers when the milked him into every sports game imaginable. but Zelda is still great.

I agree about the art style, but when i see Zelda TP on my LCD that barely can make any detail, and everything is blurry as hell itself, i can't help but thinking what the next zelda would look like with its unique art AND stunning like Blue Dragon, Fable 2, or Kameo graphics or even a Zelda with Oblivion graphics and openness

Sorry, but i would rather 1000 times have that STUNNING world, than this gimmick way of controlling the game

With Zelda TP is the first time i lost ALL interest in zelda series, any of them, gameplay was old, graphics terrible, i hate to admit it, since i LOVED zelda games, even WW, but this is the case today

Zelda is gone forever, now my most wanted game is Fable 2 by far, has the fairytale art of zelda, te graphics of Crysis (in smaller levels though), and is a unique RPG with huge innovation promised (we will see on that one)

kav82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kav82
Member since 2006 • 139 Posts

That "gimmick" way of controlling the game is better than the standard controls though! The sword swinging is pretty much the same so I don't count that, but the aiming in TP is just beyond that of the Cube version!

Plus fishing (lure fishing) is so good it could be a game by itself alone!

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 greg_splicer
Zelda is gone forever, now my most wanted game is Fable 2 by far, has the fairytale art of zelda, te graphics of Crysis (in smaller levels though), and is a unique RPG with huge innovation promised (we will see on that one)
SiBaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SiBaba
Member since 2002 • 5925 Posts
I have to agree and so far I have found the wii to be a dissapointment. I was one of those that bought into the whole wii hype and after the inital curiostiy over the wii-mote it has been in a corner of my room collecting dust, I have only bought 2 games for it so far and don't see much on the horizen that intrests me. How I wish I got the X360 instead :(
greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 greg_splicer
This is what Zelda should look like
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 laughingman42
[QUOTE="laughingman42"][QUOTE="BrooklynBomber"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="BrooklynBomber"]

OOT??

What's the name if it's good I will get it. 

ocarina of time