I think the Wii is quite possibly one of the worst systems ever made

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts

To not think it's the best is one thing...but the worst? you also state the Wii mote doesn't make it any more fun?

haha good one! If that was true then the Wii would be a failer. I have a Wii and if the Wii-mote didn't make

games more fun then would i support it? NO ONE would buy the Wii if the controls didn't make a difference.

Oh one last thing, if the Wii is as powerful as an Xbox (and a little more) then why isn't it a huuuge ugly

console like the Xbox was? Obviously better technology is inside 

BrooklynBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 BrooklynBomber
Member since 2007 • 1507 Posts
[QUOTE="BrooklynBomber"][QUOTE="laughingman42"][QUOTE="BrooklynBomber"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="BrooklynBomber"]

[QUOTE="1carus"]I'm a PC guy, and I may not totally agree with him, but seriously, the comebacks in this thread are just rediculous. They guy's made some valid points, and you've just shoved it back in his face. If you want to prove him wrong, prove him wrong, don't write rediculous posts like "You Fail." laughingman42

When logic fails then you insult the TC is a common practice in SW's it seems. I have a wii and it sucks right now there I said it. I only have brought zelda ond spm that's all if I did not have a 360/ps3 then I would be out of luck on console.

My thoughts exactly. Thankfully I have the Xbox360 right now, otherwise I wouldn't be playing anything that great, the Wii is a joke, outside of the Virtual Console, imo, and I can even see where people would have problems with the VC.

I am not a huge fan of VC due to the prices lives games are better imo and cheaper. I really doubt Vc will have a game like SF2 online for only $10 like live.

OOT is one of the best games ever and its only $10

OOT??

What's the name if it's good I will get it.

ocarina of time

I have that already but thanks anyway. 

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
Will Wii Sports be still popular and fun if it didnt have motion controls?
kingsy_the_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 kingsy_the_one
Member since 2003 • 4354 Posts
Got a few paragraphs through.. Same old crap, different user...
LoeJance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 LoeJance
Member since 2006 • 1595 Posts

Here is why.  Keep in mind I own all systems.  fanboy accusations have no need here.

First off, in a generation of cutting edge technology, the Wii supports some really outdated technology.  When you take out the wiimote out the equation, the rest is a very poor piece of machinery.  Games looking barely PS2 status (this is the year 2007 right?), cant play DVDs, no online, no demos, no HD, no surround sound etc.  Seriously, from a hardware standpoint the Wii is a failure, kinda like an elementary school drop out. 

Then there is the Wiimote, you know, the Wii main selling point which is supposed to make game controls easier and more fun, but actually does the opposite.  So many games have released now that got bashed in reviews because of poor control.  There are some decent controlling ones out there, if you count the minigames of course.  Using the Wiimote does not make games more fun, just more of a pain to control.

The multi plat games 9/10 score worse on the Wii.  But...but...teh ports!!!  PS3 gets ports, bads ones at that, and they still score better than Wii ones.  Other than zelda, there are no good games on the Wii, and with the exception of a few first party games, the future doesnt look bright for its games.

I think the Wii is quite possibly one of the worst systems ever made because frankly, its so far on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to being competitive with the other systems.  I cant remember a system in the past with this much hype and no substance.  The Wii is just so damn cheap, people need to wake up and see the Wii for what it is, garbage. 

Anyone feel the same way?

treyeumph
 The only facts in your post are bolded, There is online, just not on games yet ones coming out soon I think
 its pokemon though
fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 fierro316
Member since 2003 • 1727 Posts
It's definetly Nintendo's worst (VB was portable, sorta). And I think it's already hurting the industry.
Plug1Plug2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Plug1Plug2
Member since 2005 • 1387 Posts

If by "worst" you meant "best", you're right.

Sour grapes? Wii is the fastest selling console in history. The greatness of the Wii is just being realized. By this time next year, it will be home to some of the greatest games of all time.

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
Well, I totally disagree, I think your post was uncool....Major Uncool. To say it's even close to the CDi, 3DO, and other crap-a-consoles, is major uncool.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#59 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

yes i feel the same way and you are right..

nintendo done things on the cheap this time round and relesed a GC with a new remote....

Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#60 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
To announce the Wii as the worst system ever made when it has been out for a few months? Epic Fail. :|
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts

I'm a PC guy, and I may not totally agree with him, but seriously, the comebacks in this thread are just rediculous. They guy's made some valid points, and you've just shoved it back in his face. If you want to prove him wrong, prove him wrong, don't write rediculous posts like "You Fail." 1carus

lol this post lacks logic

thread phails

Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts

The reason why people are doing the "loser" and "you fail" posts is that there's not a single original point in the entire original post. Let's see, we've got the "weak hardware" argument, the "it can't play DVDs" argument (and really, how many devices do you need to play DVDs?) the "no online" argument, the "no HD/surround sound" argument, the "Wiimote sucks" argument, and a huge dollop of "I think the Wii is the worst console ever made". People are tired of seeing this crap, because it's all been mentioned 10000X before. Just about every single thing he posted as fact is opinion, and how are you supposed to prove an opinion wrong?

Also, if you think the Wii is the worst console ever made, then you obviously weren't around prevoius to last gen.

GrlGmr

If you think all of those points are meaningless, debate it. Just about everything he said was true. The Wii doesn't have good graphics, it doesn't support HD, it doesn't support surround sound, it doesn't have online, it does get the worst multiplatform games, and the Wiimote is presenting a lot of control problems. You can't disprove any of that, yet somehow he's failing to make a point?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
The Wii isn't one of the worst, but it also isn;t as good as it's supporters claim either. Since November, I have only bought Zelda. The game library is very weak. IMO. I only bought it for Nintendo games anyway and I'm beginning to have second thoughts about some of those games. They just don't do it for me anymore.
beerm_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 beerm_basic
Member since 2002 • 2488 Posts

Here is why.  Keep in mind I own all systems.  fanboy accusations have no need here.

First off, in a generation of cutting edge technology, the Wii supports some really outdated technology.  When you take out the wiimote out the equation, the rest is a very poor piece of machinery.  Games looking barely PS2 status (this is the year 2007 right?), cant play DVDs, no online, no demos, no HD, no surround sound etc.  Seriously, from a hardware standpoint the Wii is a failure, kinda like an elementary school drop out. 

Then there is the Wiimote, you know, the Wii main selling point which is supposed to make game controls easier and more fun, but actually does the opposite.  So many games have released now that got bashed in reviews because of poor control.  There are some decent controlling ones out there, if you count the minigames of course.  Using the Wiimote does not make games more fun, just more of a pain to control.

The multi plat games 9/10 score worse on the Wii.  But...but...teh ports!!!  PS3 gets ports, bads ones at that, and they still score better than Wii ones.  Other than zelda, there are no good games on the Wii, and with the exception of a few first party games, the future doesnt look bright for its games.

I think the Wii is quite possibly one of the worst systems ever made because frankly, its so far on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to being competitive with the other systems.  I cant remember a system in the past with this much hype and no substance.  The Wii is just so damn cheap, people need to wake up and see the Wii for what it is, garbage. 

treyeumph

stopped reading there...why the hell get the console if you knew what the graphics etc were like and you knew you were not gunna like it

solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
did you own the 3d0 or juguar
specialed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 specialed
Member since 2003 • 3669 Posts

treyeumph

Very sad reasoning and thats why i stopped there... You cant take the remote out of the picture, b/c then you would be promoting your view without giving the wii one fo the things that MAKES it new technology...Then b/c it doesnt play a dvd movie makes it less of a good machine is just dumb, b/c we all know homes have multiple dvd players already, so the the need to have the wii play movies is pointless(a nice perk to have, but still pointless). It does have online but not used yet, but will this year. No demos...Give it time, it might...If not, I dont give a rip. Dont care either way. Surround sound..Umm It does have Pro-Logic II, which is surround sound...Not Dolby Digital, but still surround sound. And N might make games with digital, might not. Again, doesnt bother me or countless others, I am sure.

Your arguement is not really thought out. Oh, and I have a ps2 and wii, so I am not a fanboy.

komdosina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 komdosina
Member since 2003 • 4972 Posts
Another Wii has weak graphic threadzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
resuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 resuto
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts
[QUOTE="BrooklynBomber"]

[QUOTE="1carus"]I'm a PC guy, and I may not totally agree with him, but seriously, the comebacks in this thread are just rediculous. They guy's made some valid points, and you've just shoved it back in his face. If you want to prove him wrong, prove him wrong, don't write rediculous posts like "You Fail." Gamer46

When logic fails then you insult the TC is a common practice in SW's it seems. I have a wii and it sucks right now there I said it. I only have brought zelda ond spm that's all if I did not have a 360/ps3 then I would be out of luck on console.

My thoughts exactly. Thankfully I have the Xbox360 right now, otherwise I wouldn't be playing anything that great, the Wii is a joke, outside of the Virtual Console, imo, and I can even see where people would have problems with the VC.

I agree with the man also...but considering i just got my wii.. i find it to early to say. i like it so far..but i like my 360 or ps3 more 

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="treyeumph"]

treyeumph

ok let me give try to give u a valid arguement, unlike some of the rest here who completely disregarded a well though out post.
1- the hardware is actually an improvement in terms of power over gamecube and to a good degree the xbox 1. Yes certain games look behind PS2 but those games are ports of PS2 games, rushed, and were done on the modified GC dev kits.
2- The wii will have online gaming its just not out right now, but the online feature is there so thats not a concern anymore. As for the HD that was never in Nintendo's plan because HD is a small market right now. and really they arent shafting them as they can still enjoy the full of experience of the wii. Unlike Sony whos shafted all non HD owners with the Bluray player built in.
3- The wiimote is relatively new to gaming consoles. It will obviousaly need some more work, time, and effort. The jury is still out on the remote and how it will pan out. If you read the Metroid Prime 3 previews you will see how the precision in that games seems flawless. I expect to see many big things with the wiimote to come out. Wether the wii reaches that potential is still questionable.
4- With the graphics being so far behind 360 and PS3, expect to see most games score less on the wii because of graphics. Unless the gameplay is drastically better. example of that would be Madden 07 as it was better on the wii because the way of playing was actually a bit more fun and added somthing new.
5- I dont think the wii is absolute garbage, it has some promising games in the future, and it has worthy games out right now like Zelda TP and Superpaper Mario. The wii is also gaining some 3rd party support more often. It is more than likely destined for some more creative projects by some of the best minds. Im really excited about what Kojima and Suda are cooking up. WHile i love the 360, the games are really giant eye candy. Nothing has really been that breathtaking in terms of gameplay on any of the new consoles. Gears is fun and yes the cover system was amazing, but thats it, and if those systems were so far superior to the wii, i dont see why they couldnt get that experience more often in the same amount of time.

Thank you for taking the time and not posting some random sarcastic remark. Ill answer each part by the numbers you marked them with

1. The proof is in the pudding.  At this point, most Wii games, even the ones built from the ground up, look no better than PS2 games.  Some look worse.  Have you seen spiderman on Wii? It was built from the ground up and looks worse than spiderman 2 on xbox.  When I see Wii games that look better than Riddick, conker, halo2, DOA ultimate, NG black, then I may believe its superior than xbox. At this point, there is no proof.

2 Online will happen in 2008, but obviously its not their priority.  I doubt many games will support it and I forsee it being very broken.  It would be a concern of mine.  Free Wii demos would have been nice, why hasnt Nintendo done this?  HDTV is on a very brisk rise, standard TVs are going to be a thing of the past in the near future, heck, in 2008, all cable programming becomes fully HD, and Nintendo does not support this?  Did they not think beyond 1 year?  I do agree Sony is forcing BR down people throat, a choice like Microsoft would have been nice.

3. With the wiimote, some games will work and some will not.  Most of them have had issues, personally I dont think devs are really to blame, its just the nature of motion sensing.  It will never be as steady and accurate as a controller.  See tiger woods for an example.  Also, the Wiimote in my opinion makes some of the most simple commands a chore to do, and some feel forced and unnatural.

4. Madden scored .2 better and while it played differently, after 10 hours of madden, regardless of controls, it still felt like madden.  9/10 games scored less on Wii, I wouldnt exaclty be too proud of madden.  Graphics on Wii dont have the same expectations, so revierers give it more wiggle room (Godfather on Wii scored higher in graphics than 360, not becuase it looks better but becuase it looks better than most Wii games). Also, per Nintendo, graphics dont matter, and the Wii is all about gameplay, so shouldnt it score better in this aspect?

5 i disagree about your 360 comment, beyond Gears I could name many, many games that are excellent.  Dead Rising, PGR3, Kameo, Viva Pinata, Lost planet, crackdown, Saints Row, GRAW 1 and 2, Fight NIght, DOA4, Splinter Cell DA (9.0 on 360 and 5.5 on Wii), and there are many more.  Forget the past though, Halo3, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Lost Oddessee, Forza2, Too human, Mass Effect, Shadowrun, Alan Wake, Army of Two, Assassins Creed, Dirt, GTA4, Burnout5, Splinter Cell 5, and many more, promise to be amazing experiences.

Thank you so much for typing all that needed to be said - I have tried to make the sheeple see but you hit this one out of the ballpark and I believe it's still in the air lol. Great posting and well thought out and factual read.;)
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

Nope.  Disagree.

TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts
 I think this is possibly one of the worst threads ever made!
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
The classic "I own all systems" copout to pretend that a gamer is unbiased...............joeblak
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Japanese_Monk
Member since 2006 • 1412 Posts

The classic "I own all systems" copout to pretend that a gamer is unbiased...............joeblak

lol. I own all systems too but even I admit that im not totally unbiased towards or against certain companies. 

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#74 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
I guess you havent been gaming very long if you think the wii is "the worst system ever made".
chrisdojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75 chrisdojo
Member since 2005 • 5065 Posts
i'm seeing some fakeboi in between those text lines...
TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts

I feel quiet the opposite.  The graphics are only bad because people are trying to rush games through development.  Controls and ports are the same issue, people are pushing games through very quickly to capitolize on the Wii's success.  Use your brain, the same thing happens WITH EVERY CONSOLE IN THE FIRST GENERATION, there are a few good games (Wii Sports,Zelda,Excite Truck, SSX Blur, Paper Mario, Warioware, Madden, etc.) and many other games that are crap.  Unlike PS3 ports, Devs have to learn an entirely new and complex control sceme, that's why most of them suck.

No HD was known going in, so it's not an issue.

Online will come, and in some ways is already here (Wii has the best internet browser in console history, Weather, and News) and don't forget the VC which features the Best downloadable games for any of the new consoles.

Surround sound comes in the form of Pro logic 2, I know it sucks, but it's there for what it is.

No bright future? EVERY good developer has had nothing but good things to say about Wii, and there are some 3rd party games coming out, and expect a ton more to surface in the next month or two. 

So worst console ever... no. IMO it's looking to  

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#77 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

How original. At least this boy covered all the topic:

1. Weak hardware
  2. Can't play DVDs (why he would want a 480p DVD player when he wants HD graphics is beyond me)
  3. No online
  4. No HD (yet he still wants a 480p DVD player from the Wii)
  5. Wiimote is a gimmick

Congrats!

t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts

I think I've seen this topic before.  What about you guys?

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts

for the first time in the history of the console wars the console with the worst games is going to win, bravo nintendo, you filled your pockets by brainwashing people into buy your  garbage of a system 

Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Japanese_Monk
Member since 2006 • 1412 Posts
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="treyeumph"]

Here is why. Keep in mind I own all systems. fanboy accusations have no need here.

First off, in a generation of cutting edge technology, the Wii supports some really outdated technology. When you take out the wiimote out the equation, the rest is a very poor piece of machinery. Games looking barely PS2 status (this is the year 2007 right?), cant play DVDs, no online, no demos, no HD, no surround sound etc. Seriously, from a hardware standpoint the Wii is a failure, kinda like an elementary school drop out.

Then there is the Wiimote, you know, the Wii main selling point which is supposed to make game controls easier and more fun, but actually does the opposite. So many games have released now that got bashed in reviews because of poor control. There are some decent controlling ones out there, if you count the minigames of course. Using the Wiimote does not make games more fun, just more of a pain to control.

The multi plat games 9/10 score worse on the Wii. But...but...teh ports!!! PS3 gets ports, bads ones at that, and they still score better than Wii ones. Other than zelda, there are no good games on the Wii, and with the exception of a few first party games, the future doesnt look bright for its games.

I think the Wii is quite possibly one of the worst systems ever made because frankly, its so far on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to being competitive with the other systems. I cant remember a system in the past with this much hype and no substance. The Wii is just so damn cheap, people need to wake up and see the Wii for what it is, garbage.

treyeumph

ok let me give try to give u a valid arguement, unlike some of the rest here who completely disregarded a well though out post.
1- the hardware is actually an improvement in terms of power over gamecube and to a good degree the xbox 1. Yes certain games look behind PS2 but those games are ports of PS2 games, rushed, and were done on the modified GC dev kits.
2- The wii will have online gaming its just not out right now, but the online feature is there so thats not a concern anymore. As for the HD that was never in Nintendo's plan because HD is a small market right now. and really they arent shafting them as they can still enjoy the full of experience of the wii. Unlike Sony whos shafted all non HD owners with the Bluray player built in.
3- The wiimote is relatively new to gaming consoles. It will obviousaly need some more work, time, and effort. The jury is still out on the remote and how it will pan out. If you read the Metroid Prime 3 previews you will see how the precision in that games seems flawless. I expect to see many big things with the wiimote to come out. Wether the wii reaches that potential is still questionable.
4- With the graphics being so far behind 360 and PS3, expect to see most games score less on the wii because of graphics. Unless the gameplay is drastically better. example of that would be Madden 07 as it was better on the wii because the way of playing was actually a bit more fun and added somthing new.
5- I dont think the wii is absolute garbage, it has some promising games in the future, and it has worthy games out right now like Zelda TP and Superpaper Mario. The wii is also gaining some 3rd party support more often. It is more than likely destined for some more creative projects by some of the best minds. Im really excited about what Kojima and Suda are cooking up. WHile i love the 360, the games are really giant eye candy. Nothing has really been that breathtaking in terms of gameplay on any of the new consoles. Gears is fun and yes the cover system was amazing, but thats it, and if those systems were so far superior to the wii, i dont see why they couldnt get that experience more often in the same amount of time.

Thank you for taking the time and not posting some random sarcastic remark. Ill answer each part by the numbers you marked them with

1. The proof is in the pudding. At this point, most Wii games, even the ones built from the ground up, look no better than PS2 games. Some look worse. Have you seen spiderman on Wii? It was built from the ground up and looks worse than spiderman 2 on xbox. When I see Wii games that look better than Riddick, conker, halo2, DOA ultimate, NG black, then I may believe its superior than xbox. At this point, there is no proof.

2 Online will happen in 2008, but obviously its not their priority. I doubt many games will support it and I forsee it being very broken. It would be a concern of mine. Free Wii demos would have been nice, why hasnt Nintendo done this? HDTV is on a very brisk rise, standard TVs are going to be a thing of the past in the near future, heck, in 2008, all cable programming becomes fully HD, and Nintendo does not support this? Did they not think beyond 1 year? I do agree Sony is forcing BR down people throat, a choice like Microsoft would have been nice.

3. With the wiimote, some games will work and some will not. Most of them have had issues, personally I dont think devs are really to blame, its just the nature of motion sensing. It will never be as steady and accurate as a controller. See tiger woods for an example. Also, the Wiimote in my opinion makes some of the most simple commands a chore to do, and some feel forced and unnatural.

4. Madden scored .2 better and while it played differently, after 10 hours of madden, regardless of controls, it still felt like madden. 9/10 games scored less on Wii, I wouldnt exaclty be too proud of madden. Graphics on Wii dont have the same expectations, so revierers give it more wiggle room (Godfather on Wii scored higher in graphics than 360, not becuase it looks better but becuase it looks better than most Wii games). Also, per Nintendo, graphics dont matter, and the Wii is all about gameplay, so shouldnt it score better in this aspect?

5 i disagree about your 360 comment, beyond Gears I could name many, many games that are excellent. Dead Rising, PGR3, Kameo, Viva Pinata, Lost planet, crackdown, Saints Row, GRAW 1 and 2, Fight NIght, DOA4, Splinter Cell DA (9.0 on 360 and 5.5 on Wii), and there are many more. Forget the past though, Halo3, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Lost Oddessee, Forza2, Too human, Mass Effect, Shadowrun, Alan Wake, Army of Two, Assassins Creed, Dirt, GTA4, Burnout5, Splinter Cell 5, and many more, promise to be amazing experiences.

I feel I can respond to these given that Im a last gen sheep and a 360 gamer.

1. Maybe. Your half right. Should we really consider one system to be superior in terms of hardware just because some developers havent taken to the same amount of time and resources on the Wii as they have other systems? Thats hardly fair. You do realize that dreamcast once was considered graphically superior to ps2 right? Same reason actually.....I like how you mention that Spider-man wii was built from the ground up...but you know what? That harldy matter in this situation. SPWii was a rushed, slimsy product. MP3 corruption, pokemon and SMG are both built from the ground up for the Wii. But you "fanboy" wil continue to ignore thse great looking games and instead "try" to guage the systems capabilities on the worst. Thats called being a fanboy and yes you are biased simply based on that. 

2.  Online in 08' where did you get that? Nintendo already confirmed a few of their titles this year (2007 buddy) that include online. Battalion Wars II - Super Smash Bros - Mario Strikers are all going to be online. And have you seen the videos for strikers? It has almost every function that XBL games have. heres a link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RITpEjanIoA

ANd about being broken? What? The only "broken" thing about Nintendos online is the whole friend code mess. But thats easily overlooked seeing as how they give you free online, a free web browser, free news channel and a free weather channel. Which is amazing btw. Ive used it b4. Look you probably only own a wii due to a sibling in the house because your "facts" on the Wii are terribly skewed. an HD wii? who cares. I have a 360 w/ an s-video SDTV and my brother at college has a 360 w/ an HDTV. I can tell you im not missing much. Gears is Gears. An HDTV wont make the game play any better. 

3. If you have a wii than you played bowling tennis baseball and can see that its much funner than with a regular controller. Im not saying everything will be like this or should but the Wiimote has its place in gaming and only a fool would deny this.

4. errmmm....ok?  Most 3rd party devs on the Wii are trying to make a quick buck. They saw what Ubisoft did and how those crap ports game them a huge profit, now they're trying to mirror that success.

5.  Ok like I said Im a 360 gamer and have played most of the games you've listed. Dead rising? Kinda shallow. Same hack n slash save the idiotic humans blah blah blah.... Fight  Night is pretty sweet. Kameo not so much. Splinter cell has amazing multiplayer....But  the future? YEah the games look pretty sweet and Im anticipating those games the same as i am with SSBB, SMG Final Fantasy and the other games in store.  

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

by brainwashing people into buy your  garbage of a system Gears360

I don't understand why it's so garbage :x.

Just because it isn't as powerful as the others and doesn't do HD?

Why does that matter so?

Kojak8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Kojak8888
Member since 2003 • 264 Posts
The Wii is the MS Paint of Photo Editing software :).
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
IT'S BEEN OUT FOR FREAKING 6 MONTHS ONLY.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#84 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I think the Wii is certainly better than any of these 10 consoles .  I could understand if it was your least favorite this generation, but it's certainly not (in my opinion) one of the worst ever made... not by a long shot.  The Jaguar was much worse. 
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#85 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

Please reread my title, ONE of the worst systems, not THE worst system. English comprehension worked for me! At least Jaguar was ahead of its time from a hardware standpoint. 32X or sega CD were not systems, they were add ons. Wii is up there with Virtua boy imo

Oh and Wii tennis, is one of the worst games I ever played. I mean, you dont even control the movement for cryin out loud.

treyeumph
has the wii ever caused seizures or given major headaches?