I think Im joining the master race. Theres more things to do than Nintendo Switch.

• 119 results
outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4232 Posts

Playing a lot of of point and click games. And a few old fashioned action games. I can’t run the modern PC games, but it doesn’t matter to me. Nintendo Switch is good, but not as good as old laptop games. There’s many third party games to choose from. GoG, Steam, and epic games offer so much goodness.

Note: I was and still crazy about Nintendo ds games. But pc has so many games, I’ve neglected the ds.

What about yourself. Do you prefer PC over console or handheld games. Because I’m certainly headed that way. In fact, I’m there already.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17661 Posts

Of course. PC, is in many ways, an objectively superior way to game. I only play on consoles if I have no other option (exclusives). Well, that’s not entirely true, sometimes my desire for it “just to work” overrides my desire to use my rig and I’ll get a game on consoles, as it still holds the advantage of convenience.

Troubleshooting is just the nature of the beast with PC gaming, but I see that open endedness as a large strength as much as it is a hassle. Sometimes I just can’t be bothered with that hassle though.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 941 Posts

Yeah, I've been leaning towards PC more and more. I used to be a Sony exclusives fan, still am, but Sony and PS as a brand have been more and more disappointing to me ever since Jim Ryan stepped in. PS as a brand has lost its spark and since its games will eventualy come to PC going forward I see no reason to keep supporting consoles. Physical releases were the only reason for me to keep supporting consoles over PC but even those have been destroyed with the constant day 1 patches and cut content. Hell, MW2 doesnt even come with the game in the disc and thats criminal!

Weirdly enough, I've been buying more and more Nintendo switch games cause Nintendo is still the only one who actually gives a sh*t about physical format still

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

I'll play a game where it plays best, and that's mostly on my PC. It's why I keep a Switch and PS5 and have no reason for an XSX due to cross-platform.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56131 Posts

I always prefer PC gaming and to this very day, I'm still enjoying what PC has to offer and do for me. I just got a PS5 but that system is primary for playing exclusives only & the same goes for my Switch. I also own an XSS but that's just for playing older games and nothing more.

I like to have the best, highest framerates/better performance on PC and gaming in better graphics is just a bonus to me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38903 Posts

Please don't do that. We need to preserve our sheep population. You don't want to become @Litchie 2.0.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45137 Posts

Prefer console, much cheaper and more convenient.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44214 Posts

I got into some PC gaming back in 1999 and played some great stuff like WarCraft II, StarCraft, Red Alert 2 and 3, Diablo II, Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2, and others. Really enjoyed them and still have the physical copies. Never did keep up with PC gaming though. I’ve always been heavily into the console gaming though. Just prefer it and find it more convenient for myself.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By judaspete  Online
Member since 2005 • 7279 Posts

I got back into pc gaming after a 10 year hiatus, and it's great. Still some headaches, but nothing like it was back in the day. Things usually work, and when they don't, there are a lot of places to go for advice.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3059 Posts

@vatususreturns said:

Yeah, I've been leaning towards PC more and more. I used to be a Sony exclusives fan, still am, but Sony and PS as a brand have been more and more disappointing to me ever since Jim Ryan stepped in.

I completely agree. They just don't have that 'excitement' behind them anymore. I'm curious how much Jim has to do with that, but there is definitely something wrong. Well, at least with how I perceive them. They might be rolling in dough... I have no clue. But even if they are, it's probably from some soulless min/maxing mind manipulating BS, and not from selling amazement.

Oh, and PC is great. Expensive, and a pain in the ass half the time. But when it works... it works! I just prefer the consistency of most consoles. No fuss... minimal muss.. just does the job.... I'm tripping balls 😀

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#12 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17812 Posts

Switch is shit. Even if you like portable gaming, PC has Steam Deck, which is better, but still shit. LOL

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen

i want an rx6750xt for $400cad. shit deals during black friday.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16542 Posts

PC is trash my man. Just wait till you have an issue, you will be spending hours trying to diagnose it like your some heart surgeon, going into the regedit and changing random hex values and praying that solves your issues. Let's not forget the hackers and the viruses. You will be begging to come back to consoles soon enough, pc gaming is a literal shithole.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blaznwiipspman1

@BassMan lmao, keep up your butt hurt shtick.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@girlusocrazy: aside from all the bugs, viruses and hackers, ngredia and their $4k gpus, here is the standard pc gamer. Sad.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17429 Posts

PC Gamer, always will be.

Sold my PS5 about a month ago, still have a Series S for BC games

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Sounds like a Steam Deck might be right for you.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

PC is trash my man. Just wait till you have an issue, you will be spending hours trying to diagnose it like your some heart surgeon, going into the regedit and changing random hex values and praying that solves your issues. Let's not forget the hackers and the viruses. You will be begging to come back to consoles soon enough, pc gaming is a literal shithole.

What?

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By palasta
Member since 2017 • 1397 Posts

Have fun with all the indie-garbage, early access trash, the droves of shovelware one have to wade through when browsing the steam shop even with set filters, every second game won't work properly one way or the other. Except for a console blockbuster once in a while not much is happening. Yes, to the closeted console gamer and the shallow cheapskate it certainly has some appeal.

Edit: FYI, i am playing mainly on PC since the early 2000s and had the 'pleasure' to experience Steams first steps...

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blaznwiipspman1

@lundy86_4: you know it's true

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Have fun OP. Now you too can read nonsense posts from bitter console players while enjoying the superior gaming platform. All part of the package.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BassMan

@hardwenzen: I sold my 3080 for $750. You missed out bud.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:

Your 3080 smells farts, and i wouldn't want to pair a 3080 with a 9600k, it doesn't make sense nor do i need it for 1440p. For the price of $400, the 6750xt it perfect.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

I play point n click shit all the time. Then turn around and jump into Cyberpunk VR. Then back to point n click. Then P5R. Etc. Etc.

PC is the best.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BassMan
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

Your 3080 smells farts, and i wouldn't want to pair a 3080 with a 9600k, it doesn't make sense nor do i need it for 1440p. For the price of $400, the 6750xt it perfect.

Big farts. I used the fans on the 3080 for ventilation and not cooling the GPU. LOL

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12575 Posts

You can get a decent 1080p gaming laptop now for the same price as a console. I went that route last year, and subbed to gamepass. Got tired of gamepass and the whole windows/PC experience really quick. Bought a Switch and now a PS5 and I'm way happier.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7206 Posts

PC gaming sucks, you spend 5k to play a game that looks like Witcher 3. By time another good looking game comes out, 7 years went by and you have to spend another 5k cause your shit is outdated. O, but indie games! Good luck filtering though all that trash just to find a couple gems. And those few gems you did find, well those are releasing on consoles anyway.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23926 Posts

PC is the best platform.

However, I find that my Switch and PC go well together. The portability of the switch is really useful when my PC has downtime, such as when I am running code.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BassMan
@mesome713 said:

PC gaming sucks, you spend 5k to play a game that looks like Witcher 3. By time another good looking game comes out, 7 years went by and you have to spend another 5k cause your shit is outdated. O, but indie games! Good luck filtering though all that trash just to find a couple gems. And those few gems you did find, well those are releasing on consoles anyway.

If you actually had a valid point instead or verbal diarrhea, people could at least try to take you seriously.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:

PC is the best platform.

However, I find that my Switch and PC go well together. The portability of the switch is really useful when my PC has downtime, such as when I am running code.

The only reason your switch "goes well together" is because you're a vintage sheep that refuses to play Nintendo games the way they're supposed to - emulated. Your switch has no purpose anymore. It cannot run video games.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7206 Posts

@BassMan: All we have to do is ask what you’ve been playing mate. Which is nothing but old games. You get Witcher 3 to run in 4K 120fps yet? Waiting for GoW Ragnarok to come to PC in a few years so you can finally justify that $1500 graphics card?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46328 Posts

PC has cheaper games, doesn't require you to pay for online.

You're able to use any kind of monitor like ultrawide ones, and you're able to use any kind of input you desire:

Any controller, KB/M, Dualsense, ... you name it.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@outworld222: Congratulations.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Maroxad

@hardwenzen Are you trying to justify copyright infringement? I am not a criminal. So I will pass.

And no, just yesterday, I was playing on my Switch while testing out a few different algorithms. For a piece of software I am writing for my company, which I was doing in my free time.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BassMan
@mesome713 said:

@BassMan: All we have to do is ask what you’ve been playing mate. Which is nothing but old games. You get Witcher 3 to run in 4K 120fps yet? Waiting for GoW Ragnarok to come to PC in a few years so you can finally justify that $1500 graphics card?

I just finished Dying Light 2 maxed out with ray tracing. It is a demanding game. Speaking of The Witcher 3... the current gen update with ray tracing is dropping soon. Also, CP2077 looks stunning on PC with RT and they are improving RT on PC with the overdrive update too. Every game looks and runs better on PC. That is the way it is. All those great third party games, MS games day one, Sony games after timed exclusivity, superior versions of Nintendo games through emulators, and then the PC only games on top. PC has it all and does it best.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

I can't remember the last time I had an issue with my PC (that I built myself) that required me to spend 'hours' trying to fix. I don't think I've ever needed to change a value in regedit like ever, and I've been building my own since around 2002. So that's some serious bollox you're talking there.

Viruses and hacker's? Other than malware bytes, I don't even have a third party Anti-virus on my machine. Microsoft's Windows Defender is all any careful PC user needs.

Even upgrading it has been a cinch. I recently changed from an RTX2080 to a 3070. Downloaded the driver from NVIDIA Used DDU to remove the old driver. Turned off the machine, removed the old card and put the one in its place. This took about 5 mins. Then installed the Driver for the new card. All done in less than 10 minutes and no errors or issues

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BassMan

@Bond007uk said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

I can't remember the last time I had an issue with my PC (that I built myself) that required me to spend 'hours' trying to fix. I don't think I've ever needed to change a value in regedit like ever, and I've been building my own since around 2002. So that's some serious bollox you're talking there.

Viruses and hacker's? Other than malware bytes, I don't even have a third party Anti-virus on my machine. Microsoft's Windows Defender is all any careful PC user needs.

Even upgrading it has been a cinch. I recently changed from an RTX2080 to a 3070. Downloaded the driver from NVIDIA Used DDU to remove the old driver. Turned off the machine, removed the old card and put the one in its place. This took about 5 mins. Then installed the Driver for the new card. All done in less than 10 minutes and no errors or issues

Stop, you are making too much sense. This logic is lost on him. This goes against his agenda and his brain can not process it.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts
@mesome713 said:

User's here like Bassman who is an enthusiast and likes to buy the latest and greatest PC hardware are the exception and not the rule. Nothing wrong with being an enthusiast of course, if you've got all that hard earned disposable income to spend on a hobby you love then that's fine with me. But most PC gamers don't buy or need to buy a 5K gaming rig to enjoy PC games.

On my side of the pond, a very decent gaming PC can be purchased for around the £1000 region and superb machine for around £1500. No need to spend that amount of money.

So what if a game I like is on console anyway. If I've got the hardware I can surpass the console version in graphics and frame rate.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34621 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Please don't do that. We need to preserve our sheep population. You don't want to become @Litchie 2.0.

What, getting the best of everything? I think it sounds pretty cool.

Kinda prefer it over playing one movie game per 6 months on PS5 with awful controllers.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:

@hardwenzen Are you trying to justify copyright infringement? I am not a criminal. So I will pass.

And no, just yesterday, I was playing on my Switch while testing out a few different algorithms. For a piece of software I am writing for my company, which I was doing in my free time.

Its a gray area, we both know that. The Switch is a waste of space. Emulation is the only way to play Nintendo titles.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hardwenzen
@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:

What, getting the best of everything? I think it sounds pretty cool.

Kinda prefer it over playing one movie game per 6 months on PS5 with awful controllers.

Awful controller what?!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Maroxad

@hardwenzen No, it is illegal and a crime.

Just like Unreal Engine is not good for SEVERAL genres,
or Elon Musk is clueless about engineering or business management (looking at his handling of twitter),
or The Switch getting more exclusives this year alone than the PS5 has in its lifetime,
What you are currently advocating for in this thread is illegal in pretty much the entire western world.

And unlike you, I am a law abiding citizen. I will play games the way they are intended.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34621 Posts

@hardwenzen: lol, so the other part of my post was correct. And yeah, you heard me bruh. Sony's controllers are awful. Haven't held a PS5 one, but it looks wack.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Lmao. When was the last time y’all had a computer virus? I think mine was 2012… And it was from trying to watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force videos on some shady ass site. Nothing to do with games

The shit y’all come up with to bash PC is wild…

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:

or Elon Musk is clueless about engineering or business management (looking at his handling of twitter),

or The Switch getting more exclusives this year alone than the PS5 has in its lifetime,

What you are currently advocating for in this thread is illegal in pretty much the entire western world.

And unlike you, I am a law abiding citizen. I will play games the way they are intended.

Its not a crime, especially when its with Nintendo, a company that deletes their games forever and when they do allow you to play them, its the ugliest and worse running titles the gaming industry has to offer. You're simply a sheep and you need to own a Nintendo system to feel sane. Time to admit it, maroxad.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By hardwenzen
@Litchie said:

@hardwenzen: lol, so the other part of my post was correct. And yeah, you heard me bruh. Sony's controllers are awful. Haven't held a PS5 one, but it looks wack.

And here lies the problem. Switch's pro controller feels like a fisher price toy compared to it.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7705 Posts

@Litchie said:

It's the best one they've made esp if you have slightly bigger hands, just feels all around more meaty, honestly the only issue I have with them is the inevitable stick drift, the battery life doesnt really bother me as I just swap to another one when one runs out of juice

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

Its not a crime, especially when its with Nintendo, a company that deletes their games forever and when they do allow you to play them, its the ugliest and worse running titles the gaming industry has to offer. You're simply a sheep and you need to own a Nintendo system to feel sane. Time to admit it, maroxad.

No, I am a hermit, and a law abiding citizen.

But just because the PC is my primary platform, doesnt detract for the fact that having a switch for its exclusives is super handy, especially when your PC is unavailable due to it beiung busy with something, and no amount of mental gymnastics from your end can change that.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56131 Posts

I always enjoy reading the anti-PC haters here and you can tell they are super jealous they can't buy the latest meanest PC components on the market but the matter is, building PC doesn't have to be that expensive if you do proper research and just go to PCParkPicker and you'll see buttloads of PC gamers advising the best bang for the bucks around.

If you really don't like gaming on PC, that's totally cool and PC isn't for everyone. Consoles & PC have their place, but when you start talking shit, that's when it becomes a problem.