I'm confused, is the console war more about sales or games?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Good exclusives lead to good sales...

Good sales lead to good multiplats...

Good multiplats lead to even better sales.

That's how it went before... but this time it's a bit different as the multiplats are already better on one system (performance). But still there are no good games yet only tech demos yet people are flocking to buy the consoles in massive numbers. It's a bit like the original Wii at the moment, I don't get why massive amounts of people want it yet, maybe it's partly about people wanting what they can't have (supply issues)?

The other issue now is Microsoft have let a lot of their long time exclusive studios go, I don't really understand why they did that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

There is not much to compare the consoles with at this point, except sales, because there is not much of a library of video games for the Xbox One or the PlayStation 4 and there are hardly any exclusives for the two systems. If a person is only a fan of a specific console, of course they will only feel sales matter if they can use it as a defense for what they are a fan of specifically and that it does not matter when they cannot use it as a defense for something they are not a fan of; it is about being able to defend what you are a fan of, so if they cannot use it as a defense for what they are a fan of, they feel it does not matter.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Whatever fits your agenda.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@glitter said:

There is not much to compare the consoles with at this point, except sales, because there is not much of a library of video games for the Xbox One or the PlayStation 4 and there are hardly any exclusives for the two systems. If a person is only a fan of a specific console, of course they will only feel sales matter if they can use it as a defense for what they are a fan of specifically and that it does not matter when they cannot use it as a defense for something they are not a fan of; it is about being able to defend what you are a fan of, so if they cannot use it as a defense for what they are a fan of, they feel it does not matter.

Again I will point out the hypocritical things I read on this forum. Everyone here was comparing the WiiU library to the PS3's, saying the WiiU "had no games" now you're saying it's unfair to compare the WiiU's library to the PS4's?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:

@glitter said:

Again I will point out the hypocritical things I read on this forum. Everyone here was comparing the WiiU library to the PS3's, saying the WiiU "had no games" now you're saying it's unfair to compare the WiiU's library to the PS4's?

Great point. Lots of truth that will be ignored.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Can't be just one or just the other one. Both must be taken into consideration.

I guess selling is more important in the begining of a console's life cycle, because it may attract better 3rd party support to systems that have few games. But games should be the prevalent category in the end.

Maybe sales could be something to distinguish consoles with similar games library, quality-wise.

So, PS3 failed both at sales and games in the beginning, and in the end lost in sales, but had the best library (imo). It won in the most important factor, but lost in the other one. For me, he won, because I think that putting both factors in a balance, games weighs more.

Right now, the WiiU is winning over the PS4 in both aspects. Selling faster does not equal winning in the sales aspect... you have to consider the absolute quantity sold.

But I'd guess there's no doubt that the PS4 will sell more... and it's pretty naive to think that it's library won't be good. We must wait and see. There's no calling a winner in the first years of such a long marathon.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

according to fanboys is whatever suits their stupid needs in SW at the time be it sales,games,graphics,online services etc etc etc.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

Wrong on both counts. It's about which console mommy bought person x. They must defend it to the death.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Both; until 7th gen the winner in sales was always the winner in games. I expect 8th gen will be back to normal.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

I love how a lot of people are speaking as if cows are the only group that keep flip-flopping.

If it were only cows that were flip-flopping, there would be nowhere near the amount of arguments going on.

For instance:

- Sheep now claiming games are most important now WiiU is getting beaten in sales

- all the cow things that have been mentioned are all true, as well as them suddenly caring about multi platform games more and exclusives less since PS4 released.

- cows not counting XBL indie games last gen, suddenly love them on here

- lems, who have been receiving no decent exclusives for a while suddenly claim exclusives matter this gen; who had been on about multi platform games all of last gen

- lems spent the entire last gen laughing at cows and sheep about having the superior multi platform games, now say the differences are marginal at best and don't make a difference anyway

- lems loved indies last gen, suddenly they hate them now PS4 is getting all of the indie games.

It's system wars. You must be new here if you think the flip flopping only happens with a single faction.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

I don't think you're confused, you're just trying to prove a point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#62 deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

@drummerdave9099:

@drummerdave9099 said:

@glitter said:

I was not directing the response toward the Wii U, I simply felt that if people wanted to use something to defend consoles, sales would be the only thing I felt because none of the consoles have enough of a library to do a proper comparison. If a person does not respect the Wii U and is a fan of the PlayStation 4 specifically or even the PlayStation 3, of course they will be hypocritical and feel sales only matter for what they are in favor of such as finding it okay comparing the PlayStation 3 to the Wii U's library of video games, but not finding it okay with the Wii U being compared to the PlayStation 4's library of video games; I do not agree with this, but I do not see it ever changing, so I do not get why people complain about it.

I personally do not see why someone would compare the Wii U's library to the PlayStation 3's current library or even the PlayStation 3's early library of video games, especially since I do not feel the PlayStation 3 was of any value in terms of a library, until 2008; I felt the PlayStation 3's library in the beginning was terrible. The Wii U probably has more video games I would have wanted than the PlayStation 3 had in the beginning at this point and I still would not purchase a Wii U because I feel it will not last long and Nintendo consoles in general I feel do not last long enough.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

Its whatever a faction has more ammo of in a situation

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I've always stated I dont care about sales.I want enough sales to warrant a new console, other than that it doesn't matter. Wii had best sales last gen, but it was the worst console for me.