I love how you guys only talk about the 360 and PS3 when the Wii is DOMINATING

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 jedigemini
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

Who cares how well it is doing? I and I'm sure many others on this board to not give a rats ass about the Wii or what kiddy trash game you're hyping for it. I mean nobody except hardcore sheep have ever really cared about Nintendo stuff so just take it to the Wii board. There is actually a battle between PS3 and 360 to discuss. The Wii is essintially in a different category quit acting like it "won".Lazy_Boy88
Who are you trying to kid?

This is systemwars, and the Wii is dominating.

Tastes in games are subjective. Sales are not ;)

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 emawk
Member since 2004 • 1820 Posts
[QUOTE="dragonlife29"]

If your last statement is true, did you have a GC? I recall the GC's games winning multiple awards in '05 (or was it '04?).

Anyway, to say you don't care is a lie; I think it's stubborness. The Wii could afffect what you love to do--gaming. Are you still saying that if for some reason next gen consoles all have something "innovative," you honestly wouldn't care, knowing it was Nintendo that possibly caused this new shift?

Bah...admittedly, it sounded better in my mind what I wanted to get accross, but it got lost as I typed it out. Oh, well...

purplemidgets

Yes, I owned a GC. I owned all three last generation.

But there comes a point when your willingness to pay overrides your interest in the lineup. As far as I'm concerned, the quality of the 1st party Wii games doesn't even come close to the GC's. And as for the big three coming in the next few months; Metroid is the only title I would play. Hardly enough to warrant a 250 dollar purchase.

Onto your next paragraph. I don't care what kind of innovation is inside the console, or outside. The Wii's motion sensing isn't a selling point. If the games suck, it doesn't matter how your control it. What I think of what the Wii could do to gaming is irrelevant as well. If there's quality software that I want to play, I would buy it. But that software has to be pretty freaking amazing. I'm just not seeing anything like that in the future.

If next generation we get a new lineup of gimmicks for the new consoles, it wouldn't matter to me as long as the games are good. I could care less if Nintendo did it or Sony or MS.

I may dislike Nintendo now, and I may dislike the Wii as a gaming platform, but those aren't the primary reasons for me not buying it. As I;'ve said, it's all about the games. The Wii lacks games, and it's future isn't very bright either.

Well said.

dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 dragonlife29
Member since 2005 • 14543 Posts
[QUOTE="purplemidgets"][QUOTE="dragonlife29"]

If your last statement is true, did you have a GC? I recall the GC's games winning multiple awards in '05 (or was it '04?).

Anyway, to say you don't care is a lie; I think it's stubborness. The Wii could afffect what you love to do--gaming. Are you still saying that if for some reason next gen consoles all have something "innovative," you honestly wouldn't care, knowing it was Nintendo that possibly caused this new shift?

Bah...admittedly, it sounded better in my mind what I wanted to get accross, but it got lost as I typed it out. Oh, well...

emawk

Yes, I owned a GC. I owned all three last generation.

But there comes a point when your willingness to pay overrides your interest in the lineup. As far as I'm concerned, the quality of the 1st party Wii games doesn't even come close to the GC's. And as for the big three coming in the next few months; Metroid is the only title I would play. Hardly enough to warrant a 250 dollar purchase.

Onto your next paragraph. I don't care what kind of innovation is inside the console, or outside. The Wii's motion sensing isn't a selling point. If the games suck, it doesn't matter how your control it. What I think of what the Wii could do to gaming is irrelevant as well. If there's quality software that I want to play, I would buy it. But that software has to be pretty freaking amazing. I'm just not seeing anything like that in the future.

If next generation we get a new lineup of gimmicks for the new consoles, it wouldn't matter to me as long as the games are good. I could care less if Nintendo did it or Sony or MS.

I may dislike Nintendo now, and I may dislike the Wii as a gaming platform, but those aren't the primary reasons for me not buying it. As I;'ve said, it's all about the games. The Wii lacks games, and it's future isn't very bright either.

Well said.

Yes, I agree.
DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts
This is system wars not sales wars. :P
loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 loudharley
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts
I have a wii and a 360 and enjoy them both.I just really wish that nintendo would finally get up and support some serious online play.Online play is probably my main reason for liking the 360 more than the other consoles.Xboxlive is the bomb and id love to have that experience with a bunch of the nintendos titles.Metroid,mario kart and smash bros would be the bomb over an xbox live type service with voice communication and rankings.Hopefully we will see a nintendo live or something come out.
nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 nolson
Member since 2003 • 1141 Posts
Let me know when the wii has some games that are worth talking about other than zelda...yeaaah so not till November.
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#57 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts

[QUOTE="Lazy_Boy88"]Who cares how well it is doing? I and I'm sure many others on this board to not give a rats ass about the Wii or what kiddy trash game you're hyping for it. I mean nobody except hardcore sheep have ever really cared about Nintendo stuff so just take it to the Wii board. There is actually a battle between PS3 and 360 to discuss. The Wii is essintially in a different category quit acting like it "won".jedigemini

Who are you trying to kid?

This is systemwars, and the Wii is dominating.

Tastes in games are subjective. Sales are not ;)

You wanna talk about the wii, fine. Who are they in competition with again? Fischer Price? Tonka? I forget.

The wii isn't "winning" anything. As others have said, its in a catagory of its own. You talk about sales all you want, the fact is, Sales mean nothing when it comes to the wii. The wii is so different from the 360 and PS3 that it hardly counts as a console. Truth be told, the wii alwasy reminded me of those cheap gimmicky games you'd see on TV. "OMG! I SWING THIS TOY PLASTIC BAT AND IT HITS THE BALL IN GAME!"

I'm not saying nintendo has a bad idea, but the fact that the entire console depends on its "innovative" controller to be successful is shameful. Whats worse is that people are eating it up. But thats fine. Enjoy your wiifit and wiisports, and mario 29 1/2 "lets save the princess! .. again!". Meanwhile I'll enjoy the lionshare of third party titles, and technologically advanced games.

I think if Nintendo would have went REAL next gen, they could have gone a long way. If they would have included an HD media drive, and the computing power equal or greater than the PS3/360, thus allowing for awesome third party next gen titles and such, for an affordable price, I would have scooped one up. but the fact that they went with a last gen approach, and said "sure its virtually an upgraded gamecube, but hey.. Look at this controller, eh?!" makes me wonder why people are buying into it. But they are.

However, that is sales talk, and if all we here at system wars talked about was sales, sure the wii would be hailed a champion. But it would also be a ferociously lame, and boring board, filled with people from Habbo, Gaia, and Furtopia, talking about their mii's.

*shivers*
dzaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 dzaric
Member since 2003 • 1068 Posts

A major shift in the market is taking place in the Wii's favor and many of you are too stuborn to even acknowledge it.

Systemwars am becoming a very funny place.

jedigemini

Yeah its true, in regards to sales the Wii is dominating. However, im not a 60 year old grandmother playing wii fit because I want to reduce my cholesterol. I dunno, u could be a 60 year old grandmother, or you could be a 14 year old kid. So please, go right ahead and play your Wii fit, and mario after another mario game, and wario and any other childish games, but while ur playing that im gonna fine with real games like:

GTAIV, Halo3, Heaventley Sword, KZ2, GEoW and anything else I can play and not feel like a kid making a short stereotypically racist caricature of a Italian guy jump around in go carts in a universe taht is filled with cute childish mushroom men.

Now if you dont mind, im gonna go use a chainsaw gun to shred to a locust and have the blood splatter on the screen (man, that never gets boring)

hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
I think the cows and lemmings are still in denial.
D3monchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 D3monchicken
Member since 2005 • 1270 Posts

thats because SERIOUS gamers dont like the wiimr_w25

Winner is you!

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
Wii is dominating in sales for ALL the WRONG reasons..
Gaara79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Gaara79
Member since 2005 • 4476 Posts

The Wii is a very sucessfull mini game machine that also plays game cube games and allows you to DL old games.

But the 360 and PS3 are the consoles that will take AI and lively detailed enviorments to a new level for console gamers.

The Wii will not do that. Sure waggle is nice. But the Wii's limited power is not just holing it back in terms of graphics.

360 and PS3 games will surpass Wii games in ways that waggle can not fix without the same amount of system power.

I like my Wii, but I know it's weaknesses and acknowledge them.

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

I don't talk about the Wii because there's nothing worth talking about other than sales for me.

TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts
[QUOTE="jedigemini"]

A major shift in the market is taking place in the Wii's favor and many of you are too stuborn to even acknowledge it.

dzaric

Yeah its true, in regards to sales the Wii is dominating. However, im not a 60 year old grandmother playing wii fit because I want to reduce my cholesterol. I dunno, u could be a 60 year old grandmother, or you could be a 14 year old kid. So please, go right ahead and play your Wii fit, and mario after another mario game, and wario and any other childish games, but while ur playing that im gonna fine with real games like:

GTAIV, Halo3, Heaventley Sword, KZ2, GEoW and anything else I can play and not feel like a kid making a short stereotypically racist caricature of a Italian guy jump around in go carts in a universe taht is filled with cute childish mushroom men.

Now if you dont mind, im gonna go use a chainsaw gun to shred to a locust and have the blood splatter on the screen (man, that never gets boring)

The people backlashing at this thread are hilarious. You don't play Mario games because they make you feel childish, but somehow playing GeOW/GTA makes you feel like a man? ROFL, if you have no idea exactly how mature that sounds, you all have bigger issues to discuss than who is going to win the console war.

squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Don't worry, I doubt we could forget the Wii with you here. Really, this is system wars and the Wii is talked about here. We're seeing an incredible amount of sales for the Wii, this is undeniable. However, it will take winning the war to achieve a shift.Ibacai

Totally agree, the war aint over until the fat lady sings. I mean yes I do give nintendo alot of credit for its very fast pace in sales, but I just cant see them continuing as years pass by. I think it is doing very well because of price, but we will find out 5 to 6 years from now who has won this war.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
Stop making these threads, TC. You are annoying even the most die hard sheep here. Every few minutes there's another "The Wii is selling great" thread from you. There are good games coming out for the Wii this year, talk about them. Sales are only interesting once a month, when the sales for that month are released, a half hour after they are, people are bored of them until the next month's are released.
Ryeferd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ryeferd
Member since 2006 • 5198 Posts
I'm not going to try to speak for everyone, but the main reason I don't mention the wii very often can be summed up with an old saying: If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Stonin
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts
The only thing the Wii dominates is my Grans arthritis.
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#69 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts

Nobody talks about the Wii because its only talking point is its sales figures, as you will be well aware of from the fifty billion "the Wii is DOMINATING in sales!" threads you make every day. Other than that, there's really nothing to talk about. At least with the PS3 and 360 we can talk about games, price, hardware reliability, online play etc etc.

Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#70 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts

I think if you compare game line-ups for all consoles, then it's very clear that the Wii is selling because casuals have bought in to whole Wii-Mote thing, and that the console is alot cheaper then it's competition, because I don't think the Wii's games library present or future, holds up to either the 360 or PS3...

Look at sales for the PS3 since it's price drop, now imagine if both the 360 and PS3 had a price drop to that of the Wii, I imagine they'd both sell out everywhere too...

Take nothing away from Nintendo their product is selling great, but I imagine sales will slow down once the other 2 have a proper price-cut, and they become more affordable to the masses...

mistykal5

I'll agree. While the future line up for the Wii is looking good, with a little price drop, the PS3 and 360 will outshine it. I like the Wii, but let's be honest here.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts

jedigemini
Alot of people believe it is a fad that will pass, so they don't feel it is worth talking about.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
i would have love to see the wii instead of the game last gen. I mean there exactly alike when it comes to hardware.ff7isnumbaone
You should really try keeping up with the rest of us. No they aren't the same. While the Wii has crappy specs compared to the other two consoles, it is more powerful than the GC.
chadwardennn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 chadwardennn
Member since 2007 • 883 Posts

Everyone knows the Wii is winning in sales sheep, we all know that, but no one really even cares that much since Wii has terrible games compared with the PS3/360 lineup.Kekira

True, the hype also got me. I got the Wii too, and its collecting dust.
Played Zelda, SMP and RE4... thats it. yawn.

marioblah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 marioblah
Member since 2004 • 793 Posts

Nohting to tlak aobut on the Wii.

Another Metroid..woooo

Another Mario... woooo

Another rehash...wooo

Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

[QUOTE="mr_w25"]thats because SERIOUS gamers dont like the wiidragonlife29
SERIOUS gamers like all the systems. Get over it.

Ummm, NO.

So I guess everyone is suppose to like n-gage etc.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

[QUOTE="dragonlife29"][QUOTE="mr_w25"]thats because SERIOUS gamers dont like the wiimr_w25
SERIOUS gamers like all the systems. Get over it.

im serious gamer i have almost every major counsol, ive been playing since i was 4 and i HATE the wii

Lol, you think you speak for all serious gamers? You'd be surprised.

Avatar image for supermechakirby
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 supermechakirby
Member since 2003 • 10677 Posts

Because as of now, there isn't really that much interesting stuff coming. We're just waiting for the big titles... Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Zack and Wiki, Brawl, RE:UC, etc.

It's just not all that interesting right NOW (sheep talking here). Nintendo's E3 conference was disappointing for hardcroe crowd. Hopefully E4All, TGS, leipzig, will bring better news. Sadness is supposed to be Leipzig last time I heard. (Then again - it was suppose to be at E3 not all that long ago)

Homesrfan

HAHAHAHAHAHA if zack and wiki is your BIG title, lol you must not have much...

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Hehe, those morons, sitting there, talking about games.

What's the point of games if you have SALESNUMBERS?

Mil-m5

Ok, that made me laugh.:lol:

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
[QUOTE="Homesrfan"]

Because as of now, there isn't really that much interesting stuff coming. We're just waiting for the big titles... Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Zack and Wiki, Brawl, RE:UC, etc.

It's just not all that interesting right NOW (sheep talking here). Nintendo's E3 conference was disappointing for hardcroe crowd. Hopefully E4All, TGS, leipzig, will bring better news. Sadness is supposed to be Leipzig last time I heard. (Then again - it was suppose to be at E3 not all that long ago)

supermechakirby

I'm guessing you're one of the very few that missed it when IGN clearly stated that Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbados' Treasure is a must-buy game, a game that everyone must play. They never told anyone to do that since Eternal Darkness, and that game was epic. If you don't see why Zack & Wiki isn't a big title, I laugh at you.

acviper123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#80 acviper123
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts
I respect Nintendo, and the Wii. It has a real chance to win the console war, but its a long war, and far from over.
kcm_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 kcm_117
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts
so far i honestly dont care about the wii, the only reason i think i would ever buy one is just for super smash bros brawl, if it had online play.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
[QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="Homesrfan"]

Eponique

I'm guessing you're one of the very few that missed it when IGN clearly stated that Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbados' Treasure is a must-buy game, a game that everyone must play. They never told anyone to do that since Eternal Darkness, and that game was epic. If you don't see why Zack & Wiki isn't a big title, I laugh at you.

Im looking forward to the game, thats for sure
legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts
yeah they dominate the market of little girl and gramma hahahahahahahahaha.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
I'll talk about the Wii when it deserves to be talked about. Not because my grandmother wants one.
archpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 archpro
Member since 2007 • 981 Posts

jedigemini

Wii is dominating in sales, its games are hardly appealing to most gamespot users in System Wars, apparantly :).