I love how you guys only talk about the 360 and PS3 when the Wii is DOMINATING

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jedigemini
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

A major shift in the market is taking place in the Wii's favor and many of you are too stuborn to even acknowledge it.

Systemwars am becoming a very funny place.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Don't worry, I doubt we could forget the Wii with you here. Really, this is system wars and the Wii is talked about here. We're seeing an incredible amount of sales for the Wii, this is undeniable. However, it will take winning the war to achieve a shift.
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
Well, you said it yourself. The Wii is dominating, (sales-wise anyway), so the real "contest" is between the PS3 & 360. Another mystery solved!
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

A major shift in the market is taking place in the Wii's favor and many of you are too stuborn to even acknowledge it.

jedigemini

whats a wii?

Oh u mean that console that competing with the ps2? lol

Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts

Because as of now, there isn't really that much interesting stuff coming. We're just waiting for the big titles... Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Zack and Wiki, Brawl, RE:UC, etc.

It's just not all that interesting right NOW (sheep talking here). Nintendo's E3 conference was disappointing for hardcroe crowd. Hopefully E4All, TGS, leipzig, will bring better news. Sadness is supposed to be Leipzig last time I heard. (Then again - it was suppose to be at E3 not all that long ago)

Kekira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kekira
Member since 2007 • 2128 Posts
Everyone knows the Wii is winning in sales sheep, we all know that, but no one really even cares that much since Wii has terrible games compared with the PS3/360 lineup.
jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jedigemini
[QUOTE="jedigemini"]

ff7isnumbaone

whats a wii?

Funny you say that because PS3 and 360 could never even hope to compete with the PS2.
mr_w25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mr_w25
Member since 2005 • 781 Posts
thats because SERIOUS gamers dont like the wii
Sir_Graham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sir_Graham
Member since 2002 • 3983 Posts

The majority of people on this site are gaming enthusiasts and their views/tastes are not always in-line with the broader gaming community.

Mil-m5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mil-m5
Member since 2005 • 3354 Posts

Hehe, those morons, sitting there, talking about games.

What's the point of games if you have SALESNUMBERS?

whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts
Wake me up when the wii gets a good game, excluding SPM and TLOZ:TP
Kekira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kekira
[QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"][QUOTE="jedigemini"]

jedigemini

whats a wii?

Funny you say that because PS3 and 360 could never even hope to compete with the PS2.

But of course, I mean they're in a another league of superior harware and specs(and before you call me a graphics w**** that includes AI and pphysics).

dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dragonlife29
Member since 2005 • 14543 Posts
thats because SERIOUS gamers dont like the wiimr_w25
SERIOUS gamers like all the systems. Get over it.
mistykal5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mistykal5
Member since 2006 • 703 Posts

I think if you compare game line-ups for all consoles, then it's very clear that the Wii is selling because casuals have bought in to whole Wii-Mote thing, and that the console is alot cheaper then it's competition, because I don't think the Wii's games library present or future, holds up to either the 360 or PS3...

Look at sales for the PS3 since it's price drop, now imagine if both the 360 and PS3 had a price drop to that of the Wii, I imagine they'd both sell out everywhere too...

Take nothing away from Nintendo their product is selling great, but I imagine sales will slow down once the other 2 have a proper price-cut, and they become more affordable to the masses...

mr_w25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mr_w25
[QUOTE="mr_w25"]thats because SERIOUS gamers dont like the wiidragonlife29

im serious gamer i have almost every major counsol, ive been playing since i was 4 and i HATE the wii
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
i would have love to see the wii instead of the game last gen. I mean there exactly alike when it comes to hardware.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
when wii gets some third party titles worth talking about then there will be more threads for it. :wink:
dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dragonlife29
[QUOTE="dragonlife29"][QUOTE="mr_w25"]thats because SERIOUS gamers dont like the wiimr_w25

im serious gamer i have almost every major counsol, ive been playing since i was 4 and i HATE the wii

So you agree you speak for yourself, correct? You aren't everyone's taste personified.
mr_w25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mr_w25

[QUOTE="mr_w25"][QUOTE="dragonlife29"][QUOTE="mr_w25"]thats because SERIOUS gamers dont like the wiidragonlife29

So you agree you speak for yourself, correct? You aren't everyone's taste personified.

ok ok fine. you got me but i still think its a gimmick and an excuse for a console

-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts
Why would anyone talk about the Wii when Nintendo doesnt want to talk to the hardcore?
youngtongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 youngtongue
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts
What are we goign to be talking about with the wii? How much the graphics for cooking mama own farcry's? Why cant we talk about the 360 and ps3? So wat if the wii is dominating how many times do we have to talk about metroid prime, smash brothers, etc.? Why do u hate the other consoles? If u wanted to talk about just the wii wouldn't u go to the wii forum?
7fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 7fold
Member since 2003 • 282 Posts
Theres no denying Wii's domination in the console wars. I think a lot of people compare the PS3 and the 360 because the two consoles are more alike in terms of system performance, graphics, etc..... than the Wii. The Wii is a great console but just quiet abit different than the ps3 360.. In terms of sales im sure the Wii will win, it is the cheapest, and everyone loves mario. I will buy a Wii once I can find one :),,, but I would personally rather pay $200 extra for the Wii if had the graphics and hardware of the other 2 consoles, but thats just me.
dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dragonlife29

[QUOTE="dragonlife29"][QUOTE="mr_w25"][QUOTE="dragonlife29"][QUOTE="mr_w25"]thats because SERIOUS gamers dont like the wiimr_w25

ok ok fine. you got me but i still think its a gimmick and an excuse for a console

Yeah, well, fortunately, I respect your opinion.
purplemidgets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 purplemidgets
Member since 2002 • 3103 Posts

jedigemini

Not stubborn, just don't care. The majority of the games could come to the Wii and I wouldn't even think of buying it.

I go where the quality is first, not the quanitity.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jedigemini

What are we goign to be talking about with the wii? How much the graphics for cooking mama own farcry's? Why cant we talk about the 360 and ps3? So wat if the wii is dominating how many times do we have to talk about metroid prime, smash brothers, etc.? Why do u hate the other consoles? If u wanted to talk about just the wii wouldn't u go to the wii forum?youngtongue
3rd parties go where the $ is, and when the Wii's userbase exceeds the 360 and PS3 combined they'll go to the Wii.... esp considering its cheap development costs.

Are you going to talk about the Wii then?

mr_w25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mr_w25

Theres no denying Wii's domination in the console wars. I think a lot of people compare the PS3 and the 360 because the two consoles are more alike in terms of system performance, graphics, etc..... than the Wii. The Wii is a great console but just quiet abit different than the ps3 360.. In terms of sales im sure the Wii will win, it is the cheapest, and everyone loves mario. I will buy a Wii once I can find one :),,, but I would personally rather pay $200 extra for the Wii if had the graphics and hardware of the other 2 consoles, but thats just me.7fold

i would think about....but what i hate is the controller. i think it is stupid and bad for gaming

princemarth23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 princemarth23
Member since 2005 • 9229 Posts

thats because SERIOUS gamers dont like the wiimr_w25

I'm what would be considered a "serious" gamer..and I think Wii is great. I'm very happy that I own one.\

0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
I can't speak for everyone else, but I see the wii as nintendo's moneymaker. It's not next gen, its not much more "innovative" than the two next gen consoles (all things considered), and it is far too expencive for what it is. (why by a wii when you can get the same performance, and a better selection, for less than half the price from a PS2?).

I like how all the Sheep are feeling left out because Sony and Microsoft are having a moment. (what with all the recent bad news for MS). Sheep are like "SHOW ME ATTENTION!! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW"

No one (by that I mean I don't) cares anymore. It's been stated before, and I believe this is partially true: Nintendo brought video gaming back from the graveyard with the NES, and now they are burying it again with the wii.

I would sooner buy a 360 than a wii. and that is saying A LOT coming from me.
mr_w25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mr_w25
[QUOTE="mr_w25"]

[QUOTE="dragonlife29"][QUOTE="mr_w25"][QUOTE="dragonlife29"][QUOTE="mr_w25"]thats because SERIOUS gamers dont like the wiidragonlife29

Yeah, well, fortunately, I respect your opinion.

and i respect yours:D. i can see why someone would want a wii...its easy to use, can be fun good for parties. but its just not for me

mr_w25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mr_w25

[QUOTE="mr_w25"]thats because SERIOUS gamers dont like the wiiprincemarth23

I'm what would be considered a "serious" gamer..and I think Wii is great. I'm very happy that I own one.\

ok im cool with that

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Because as of now, there isn't really that much interesting stuff coming. We're just waiting for the big titles... Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Zack and Wiki, Brawl, RE:UC, etc.

It's just not all that interesting right NOW (sheep talking here). Nintendo's E3 conference was disappointing for hardcroe crowd. Hopefully E4All, TGS, leipzig, will bring better news. Sadness is supposed to be Leipzig last time I heard. (Then again - it was suppose to be at E3 not all that long ago)

Homesrfan
yup, and thats when ill get one, if the have fixed their production problems.
Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts
Hahahaha threads like these make me laugh! It sure is funny!
M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1767461

:lol: That's all I have to say

Oh and still :lol: @ Jedigemini

dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dragonlife29
[QUOTE="jedigemini"]

purplemidgets

Not stubborn, just don't care. The majority of the games could come to the Wii and I wouldn't even think of buying it.

I go where the quality is first, not the quanitity.

If your last statement is true, did you have a GC? I recall the GC's games winning multiple awards in '05 (or was it '04?).

Anyway, to say you don't care is a lie; I think it's stubborness. The Wii could afffect what you love to do--gaming. Are you still saying that if for some reason next gen consoles all have something "innovative," you honestly wouldn't care, knowing it was Nintendo that possibly caused this new shift?

Bah...admittedly, it sounded better in my mind what I wanted to get accross, but it got lost as I typed it out. Oh, well...

mr_w25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mr_w25

M8ingSeezun

haha i watched that earlier and its very funny...and also sadly true:|

dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dragonlife29

M8ingSeezun

Haha...I love that video! :lol:

To me, humor's humor, even if it's against my favorite company :lol:

dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dragonlife29

Hahahaha threads like these make me laugh! It sure is funny!NobuoMusicMaker
Lucky Star owns!

However, I don't like the fact that we both like it, but see the actions and companies portrayed oh so differently.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="mr_w25"]thats because SERIOUS gamers dont like the wiidragonlife29

I wasn't aware one of the requirements of being a "serious gamer" was sharing your view that all systems are great... in fact, one of the signs of being a serious gamer would be having a passion and vision for the industry, and being strongly opposed to things that are anathema to your vision. That's partially why there's such a strong hardcore backlash against Nintendo right now
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
There's not much to talk about that hasn't already been said. In other words, thur ain't nuthin crackalackin' wit da Wii.
Kekira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kekira

[QUOTE="youngtongue"]What are we goign to be talking about with the wii? How much the graphics for cooking mama own farcry's? Why cant we talk about the 360 and ps3? So wat if the wii is dominating how many times do we have to talk about metroid prime, smash brothers, etc.? Why do u hate the other consoles? If u wanted to talk about just the wii wouldn't u go to the wii forum?jedigemini

3rd parties go where the $ is, and when the Wii's userbase exceeds the 360 and PS3 combined they'll go to the Wii.... esp considering its cheap development costs.

Are you going to talk about the Wii then?

But that does not mean quality games, especially not games of the same quality that the PS3 and 360 are getting.

purplemidgets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 purplemidgets
Member since 2002 • 3103 Posts

If your last statement is true, did you have a GC? I recall the GC's games winning multiple awards in '05 (or was it '04?).

Anyway, to say you don't care is a lie; I think it's stubborness. The Wii could afffect what you love to do--gaming. Are you still saying that if for some reason next gen consoles all have something "innovative," you honestly wouldn't care, knowing it was Nintendo that possibly caused this new shift?

Bah...admittedly, it sounded better in my mind what I wanted to get accross, but it got lost as I typed it out. Oh, well...

dragonlife29

Yes, I owned a GC. I owned all three last generation.

But there comes a point when your willingness to pay overrides your interest in the lineup. As far as I'm concerned, the quality of the 1st party Wii games doesn't even come close to the GC's. And as for the big three coming in the next few months; Metroid is the only title I would play. Hardly enough to warrant a 250 dollar purchase.

Onto your next paragraph. I don't care what kind of innovation is inside the console, or outside. The Wii's motion sensing isn't a selling point. If the games suck, it doesn't matter how your control it. What I think of what the Wii could do to gaming is irrelevant as well. If there's quality software that I want to play, I would buy it. But that software has to be pretty freaking amazing. I'm just not seeing anything like that in the future.

If next generation we get a new lineup of gimmicks for the new consoles, it wouldn't matter to me as long as the games are good. I could care less if Nintendo did it or Sony or MS.

I may dislike Nintendo now, and I may dislike the Wii as a gaming platform, but those aren't the primary reasons for me not buying it. As I;'ve said, it's all about the games. The Wii lacks games, and it's future isn't very bright either.

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts
I have many friends with the Wii..the only good part that they liked about it so far?

Waiting in line for 12 hours (in 40 F weather) to get one...

Wii is selling faster than freaking toilet paper, but none of their game (at the moment) have replay value OTHER THAN Wii Sports... That game was free with it too.
dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dragonlife29

[QUOTE="dragonlife29"][QUOTE="mr_w25"]thats because SERIOUS gamers dont like the wiisubrosian

I wasn't aware one of the requirements of being a "serious gamer" was sharing your view that all systems are great... in fact, one of the signs of being a serious gamer would be having a passion and vision for the industry, and being strongly opposed to things that are anathema to your vision. That's partially why there's such a strong hardcore backlash against Nintendo right now

When it's one's own opinions, no one's truly aware.

For example, that's not exactly what I see a true gamer as, and it doesn't really matter; you could see things as you take them even if others don't see it the same way.

I think a gamer is someone who's passionate about games themselves (I emphasize "passionate"). Your view to me is like a by-product of sorts, if you get what I mean. Once you're passionate about games, you'll want to learn more about the industry and such on your own, and even want a job in the field--I know that's how I felt when I was younger, but that's irrelevant.

Seriously, Nintendo's just an ambivalent company to some.

jasospai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jasospai
Member since 2004 • 273 Posts

Homesrfan

Thats their big titles?????That is why we dont talk about the wii.I'd rather play PS2.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

jedigemini

only in sales... sales =/= quality... bad nintendo games FTL!!!

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts
[QUOTE="jedigemini"]

ff7isnumbaone

whats a wii?

Please...please...tell me you we're joking. I mean, I know your joking. But I MUST know if you know.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

[QUOTE="dragonlife29"][QUOTE="mr_w25"]thats because SERIOUS gamers dont like the wiimr_w25

samer here. wii is the first nintendo console i wont be buying

dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dragonlife29
[QUOTE="Homesrfan"]

jasospai

Thats their big titles?????That is why we dont talk about the wii.I'd rather play PS2.

Come on, this is the same crap over and over. Same story with every other console.

The same "big" titles keep being repeated for their respective consoles; we keep seeing "AMAZING!" pics of games we already know look great, and have been reminded of them constantly to the point it's ridiculous.

Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Who cares how well it is doing? I and I'm sure many others on this board to not give a rats ass about the Wii or what kiddy trash game you're hyping for it. I mean nobody except hardcore sheep have ever really cared about Nintendo stuff so just take it to the Wii board. There is actually a battle between PS3 and 360 to discuss. The Wii is essintially in a different category quit acting like it "won".
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
Isnt it obvious, theres nothing intresting about the wii to talk about :( it's just a secondary console.