I love how sheep believe that an input device is the only thing that equals...

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#51 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
The wiimote is not just a different controller. The sixaxis, the 360's controller, and the snes's controller are all different controllers. The wiimote is completely and utterly new. Even the sixaxis is just the end of a series of advancements in controllers ever since colleco, atari and beyond. The wiimote is NOT born from that tradition. Having said that, yes, a new way of playing games doesn't make a crappy game good and misuse of the controller can make games worse. But, a well made wii game has the oppurtunity be compeletely fresh and unique, and the gameplay can become significantly deeper than gameplay with conventional controllers. When the wii final gets a truly great game (tp is a gamecube port) I'm sure I'll be proven right.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

I agree with the most part.

Many wii fans here are acting like the wiimote will make games automatically better. It's just different. Through it could be better or could be worse.

I desagree with one part. The Wii can still produce good graphics, good Ai etc... even through its lack of power. Lastgan consoles did so.

Libralesso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Libralesso
Member since 2006 • 576 Posts

[QUOTE="hyruledweller"]Wiimote has a unique gaming experience, thus wii sports, thus wii sales. the end.Uptown

Thus Wii Sports is crappy after 3 weeks

not really true i still play Wii sports cuz its fun

samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#54 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts

[QUOTE="samusarmada"] would you rather play mario 64 with a D-pad or an analogue stick.Runningflame570

Care to tell me how the Wii-mote is supposed to work for fighting games for instance? What about SHMUPs which are essentially a dead genre, but some are still released..its not accurate enough in either case. Pretty much you would have to buy the Classic Controllers for those games, look at Mortal Kombat for Wii...does anybody honestly think using simple gestures for special moves will be much fun compared to using a real controller?

Also..you know you just owned all the owners of Super Mario 64 DS, right?

you hold the wii-mote on its side. D-pad for movement, a and b for attack and you can reach the B trigger on the back.
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts

let me know how that gameplay works out for you in rockstar table tennis using an atari paddle

voxware00
as long as all of the required actions of the game can be mapped to the atari paddle, the gameplay is the same see GTA San Andreas, that game uses 12 buttons, 1 pad and 2 analog sticks, wiimote dont have so much buttons, so you would have to assign things to motion controls, make an x in the air to enter the car, is less optimal but the game actions remain the same now translate the same motion schemes to TRUE CRIME, the game has instantly better gameplay cause now it has the wiimote? or its still a piece of trash?
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts

[QUOTE="hyruledweller"]Wiimote has a unique gaming experience, thus wii sports, thus wii sales. the end.Uptown

Still sells great
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#57 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

I was completely addicted for about two months.

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Gears360
also, about Mortal Kombat for the wii, if you see the video of Ed Boon making the demonstration, look at where he has mapped the normal attacks (just beforhe maked the fatality, when he hits the killing blow) they are mapped to the d-pad!!!!! worst placement ever
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
El Sigh, another thread like this..
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#60 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts
And I'd like to add that nobody assumes every Wii game is good. Did you see anyone hyping Happy Feet? We hype games that we actually think will be good. That's kinda the point of hyping, you know.
Jubedube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Jubedube
Member since 2006 • 86 Posts
A Nintendo console is a fad? I find that very hard to believe. Especially since where I live guitar hero 2 is the fad. I personally know a preppy kid that actually sold his 360 for a ps2 and a copy of guitar hero 2. I'm dead serious.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64041 Posts
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]ok i agree that yes it takes more than controls to make great gameplay. but it isnt like the wii isnt capable of more than last gen consoles, its stronger than all 3. right now though it got alot of ports. and yes although the wii is capable of more it will never do what 360 and PS3 do. but the games on the wii are good. from a score standpoint games like warioware and zelda are better than the entire ps3 lineup. ofcourse elder scrolls will change that(but thats a year old multiplat game). the wii also provides the better version of madden and trauma center, rayman, and wii sports. also the future lineup for the system looks great. with super mario galaxy, smash bros brawl, metroid prime 3, fire emblem, superpapermario, no more heroes, disaster, project hammer, resident evil, sadness, battallion wars 2, etc. is it 360 worthy yet no. but its better than PS3 IMONicktehImperial
Thats actually a really good point, I wish Fred Durst were alive to see this! RIP dude, RIP.

wait he died when. damn ive missed alot. i need to get back into my entertainment world tv man. so howd he died. i used to like limp bizkit(i forgot how to spell it lol) songs. i bet hes getting some serious nookie up there.

LOL he didn't die! LOL I tricked you LOL he's still alive he just fell off the face of the earth! Right now he's directing a movie.

lol, funny. yeah he has fallen of the face of the earth.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts

That is someone who obviously hasn't played it for 3 weeks :roll:
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#64 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

*Points to sales charts*

I honestly mostly agree with you... because a lot of the developers are putting too much into the Wiimote and not enough into making the game top notch.  I'm already getting sick of minigames and the gimmicky things developers are putting into games.  Don't get me wrong, I love the console and its potential, but developers just don't know how to work with the hardware they have.... or at least not to the extent that Nintendo does.  I do think that the wiimote adds something more to the gameplay though, which is an advantage for Wii over the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Ezgam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Ezgam3r
Member since 2006 • 2308 Posts
[QUOTE="Runningflame570"]

[QUOTE="samusarmada"] would you rather play mario 64 with a D-pad or an analogue stick.samusarmada

Care to tell me how the Wii-mote is supposed to work for fighting games for instance? What about SHMUPs which are essentially a dead genre, but some are still released..its not accurate enough in either case. Pretty much you would have to buy the Classic Controllers for those games, look at Mortal Kombat for Wii...does anybody honestly think using simple gestures for special moves will be much fun compared to using a real controller?

you hold the wii-mote on its side. D-pad for movement, a and b for attack and you can reach the B trigger on the back.

What about fighting games that use 6 buttons (SF, MvC, CvS, GG, VF, Tekken, KoF, etc.)? 3 buttons ain't gunna cut it.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
Well, the counter-argument is that if there was no input device, then all you're doing is watching a movie. How is that gameplay?
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
As long as I'm satisfied, all lame attempts at bashing the Wii don't bother me :D. I hope the 360 gets a price drop soon though, so I can go Wii60.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 coreygames
[QUOTE="samusarmada"][QUOTE="Runningflame570"]

[QUOTE="samusarmada"] would you rather play mario 64 with a D-pad or an analogue stick.Ezgam3r

What about fighting games that use 6 buttons (SF, MvC, CvS, GG, VF, Tekken, KoF, etc.)? 3 buttons ain't gunna cut it.

They're Nintendo, they'll think of something.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ArisShadows
[QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="samusarmada"][QUOTE="Runningflame570"]

[QUOTE="samusarmada"] would you rather play mario 64 with a D-pad or an analogue stick.coreygames

They're Nintendo, they'll think of something.

DBZ:BT2 was great, I totally disagree with their review on that game.
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
The Wii-mote isn't inherently better, but it is new and different and opens new gameplay possibilities that may not be possible on the other consoles, just like the other consoles can push graphics that aren't possible on the Wii.
Avatar image for The_end_of_doom
The_end_of_doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 The_end_of_doom
Member since 2006 • 527 Posts
Does Street Fighter gameplay improves if you play with an arcade joystick instead of a pad? NO , its the same gameplay , just the input method changed, same with wiimote what do you prefer, playing NFS Most Wanted with a joypad, or playing Ridge Racer 1 with an accurate realistic Steering Wheel with pedals??? the wiimote has done NOTHING for gameplay, nintendo has sold the illusion that it has and sheep swallow it big timeGears360
Because of course wii sports or wario ware would work without the wii-mote :roll:
Avatar image for The_end_of_doom
The_end_of_doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 The_end_of_doom
Member since 2006 • 527 Posts
[QUOTE="samusarmada"][QUOTE="Runningflame570"]

[QUOTE="samusarmada"] would you rather play mario 64 with a D-pad or an analogue stick.Ezgam3r

I suppose thats why we have the nuchuck, right?
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 coreygames
[QUOTE="Gears360"]Does Street Fighter gameplay improves if you play with an arcade joystick instead of a pad? NO , its the same gameplay , just the input method changed, same with wiimote what do you prefer, playing NFS Most Wanted with a joypad, or playing Ridge Racer 1 with an accurate realistic Steering Wheel with pedals??? the wiimote has done NOTHING for gameplay, nintendo has sold the illusion that it has and sheep swallow it big timeThe_end_of_doom
Because of course wii sports or wario ware would work without the wii-mote :roll:

Ding Ding Ding Nintendo/sheep - 1 Gears360 - 0
Ezgam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ezgam3r
[QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="samusarmada"][QUOTE="Runningflame570"]

[QUOTE="samusarmada"] would you rather play mario 64 with a D-pad or an analogue stick.The_end_of_doom

And how is that gunna work? You can't hold the Wiimote so that you can use the buttons and use the Nunchuck at the same time.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 coreygames
[QUOTE="The_end_of_doom"][QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="samusarmada"][QUOTE="Runningflame570"]

And how is that gunna work? You can't hold the Wiimote so that you can use the buttons and use the Nunchuck at the same time.

DBZ:BT2
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Gears360
what in wii sports cant be done with a normal pad? do you think that wii tennis with wiimote has better gameplay than Virtua Tennis 3 with a pad??? get a clue dude.... PD: havent played warioware
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 coreygames
[QUOTE="Gears360"]what in wii sports cant be done with a normal pad? do you think that wii tennis with wiimote has better gameplay than Virtua Tennis 3 with a pad??? get a clue dude.... PD: havent played warioware

P.S., yes. I believe that I wouldn't have as much fun if I picked up any game that attempted to do a better job at emulating sports while maintaining its own individual mechanics for the game. Wii sports is in a league of its own, especially considering you get one heck of a character creation! BTW, play Smooth Moves... really really reallly fun.
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Gears360
but i give you something sheeps, if i see a game which has good gameplay and great use of 1:1 movement of the wiimote, then i'll admit that the wiimote has finally made a real contribution to gaming that wasnt possible before for example a boxing game using two wiimotes with 1:1 movement, where you could fake punches and actually block in a realistic way or something like that,. taht would be innovative never seen before gameplay due to wiimotes, thats what we thought we would get with the wiimote, instead we get gimmicks motion for replace button presses, like sword slashin in Zelda Jagged Princess
Ezgam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Ezgam3r
[QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="The_end_of_doom"][QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="samusarmada"][QUOTE="Runningflame570"]

[QUOTE="samusarmada"] would you rather play mario 64 with a D-pad or an analogue stick.coreygames

Fun game but is it a traditional fighter? If you had MvC2 for example on the wii, would you make the control scheme work?
AntiType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 AntiType
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts
Gameplay-wise... anything 260/ps3 can do... the Wii can do... the same cant be said the other way around.
AntiType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 AntiType
[QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="The_end_of_doom"][QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="samusarmada"][QUOTE="Runningflame570"]

Fun game but is it a traditional fighter? If you had MvC2 for example on the wii, would you make the control scheme work?

Classic Controller. 

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ArisShadows
[QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="The_end_of_doom"][QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="samusarmada"][QUOTE="Runningflame570"]

[QUOTE="samusarmada"] would you rather play mario 64 with a D-pad or an analogue stick.AntiType

Classic Controller. 

I thought BT2 improved alot compared to the previous one on PS2.
AntiType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 AntiType
[QUOTE="AntiType"][QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="The_end_of_doom"][QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="samusarmada"][QUOTE="Runningflame570"]

[QUOTE="samusarmada"] would you rather play mario 64 with a D-pad or an analogue stick.ArisShadows

Classic Controller.

I thought BT2 improved alot compared to the previous one on PS2.

Ive never tried it... but no mater if some genre does not somehow work with the remote/nunchuk. ther is ALWAYS the Classic Controller deveolopers can fall back on... so when it comes to control... there is really no arguement against the Wii. 

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Gears360
Gameplay-wise... anything 260/ps3 can do... the Wii can do... the same cant be said the other way around.AntiType
can the wii show on screen the amount of enemies Dead Rising has?
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Gears360

Ive never tried it... but no mater if some genre does not somehow work with the remote nunchuk. ther is ALWAYS the Classic Controller deveolopers can fall back on... so when it comes to control... there is really no arguement against the Wii.AntiType

classic controller is not standard on wii, its an accesory people has to buy, developers cant make a game assuming that everyone has a classic controller, what everybody has is a wiimote

AntiType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 AntiType
reduce the polygons/detail the apropriate amount then it is sure to run ^__^
CLeRKSfan4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#87 CLeRKSfan4life
Member since 2004 • 2606 Posts

I disagree a little where you say a crappy game with motion sensing is still a crappy game. All of the Wii games I've got (Wii Sports, Wii Play, Red Steel, Tony Hawk's, GT Pro Series) would all be absolute crap if it weren't for the motion sensing controls.

Sure, All of those games I mentioned (except for Wii Sports) got pretty mediocre reviews but imagine what they would've got with regular controls, Wii Play and GT Pro Series especially.

AntiType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 AntiType

[QUOTE="AntiType"]

Ive never tried it... but no mater if some genre does not somehow work with the remote nunchuk. ther is ALWAYS the Classic Controller deveolopers can fall back on... so when it comes to control... there is really no arguement against the Wii.Gears360

classic controller is not standard on wii, its an accesory people has to buy, developers cant make a game assuming that everyone has a classic controller, what everybody has is a wiimote

Yuh, but there is never a reason not to include support for the CC. Every dev will probably try to make fighting games with the remote and it may or maynot work out... but then they can just include an option for CC and its prefect. I beleive Mortal Kombat is already confirmed to be doing this very thing. 

Ezgam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Ezgam3r
[QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="The_end_of_doom"][QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="samusarmada"][QUOTE="Runningflame570"]

[QUOTE="samusarmada"] would you rather play mario 64 with a D-pad or an analogue stick.AntiType

Classic Controller.

The classic controller isn't standard, the wiimote is. And we all know what happen to non-standard controllers. They're never used.
Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#90 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
[QUOTE="Uptown"]

gameplay.

"Wii is all about gameplay and fun!" ....Just because you flick your wrist doesnt mean the game is automatically going to be good people. It still needs to be solid from its in-game instructions. Sure it brings something fresh to the table...but a crappy game will still be a crappy game. If this were the logic, every Wii game would score a 9.0+ because the gameplay is so frigging remarkable thanks to the Wiimote. Unfortunately thats not the case.

AI, Physics, Controls, Graphics, Sound all have a piece of the gameplay pie. The Wiimote cant compensate for all this on its own most of the time. As proven by its lack of quality titles. Everyone says the PS3 has no games but it has more 8.0+ titles than the Wii....and lets not even go near the 360 because we know that thing is a quality game magnet....and it doesnt have wrist flicking. *Waits for sheep to bring up sales*

Unforgiven2870

What if you had to many beers and start playing the wii? it maybe fun then.

You know that being drunk make everything fun , even playing Big rigs .

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Gears360

reduce the polygons/detail the apropriate amount then it is sure to run ^__^AntiType

reduce the polygons/detail the apropriate amount then it is sure to run ^__^AntiType

another example
PS3 and X360 could run World of Warcraft, for wii it would be unplayable

why? cause WOW relies on lots of small graphics and text on screen for its gameplay, and you need HD graphics in order to be able to read it,

good luck trying to play this on a SDTV using wii, again another stupid nintendo mistake make some games impossible on their systems

actually on wii it would look similar to this very same screenshot 

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ArisShadows

[QUOTE="AntiType"]reduce the polygons/detail the apropriate amount then it is sure to run ^__^Gears360

another example

why? cause WOW relies on lots of small graphics and text on screen for its gameplay, and you need HD graphics in order to be able to read it,

good luck trying to play this on a SDTV using wii, again another stupid nintendo mistake make some games impossible on their systems

You trying to say WOW on console.. That makes little sense. Not everyone has a HD tv, even on a 360 or so..
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 General_X

[QUOTE="AntiType"]reduce the polygons/detail the apropriate amount then it is sure to run ^__^Gears360

another example

But then to play it on 360/PS3 you would also be forced to own an HD-TV if it were a direct port.
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Gears360

yes but the point is that on 360/PS3 it would be possible (it could have an sticker which say: This game requires 720p resolution) 

Wii has left you completely out of this game forever

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 General_X

yes but the point is that on 360/PS3 it would be possible (it could have an sticker which say: This game requires 720p resolution)

Wii has left you completely out of this game forever

Gears360
Along with about 70% of 360/PS3 owners
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#96 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Well, the counter-argument is that if there was no input device, then all you're doing is watching a movie. How is that gameplay?Zhengi
the metal gear solid series comes to mind when I read that post.
linkhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#97 linkhero1
Member since 2004 • 16489 Posts
Um.... You hyped the Wii because of this.
darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts

Thus I got the Wii at launch and still find 4 player Wii Tennis to be more fun than any 360 game besides Gears?
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Gears360
i thought of another "pseudo example" cows say that teh cell is "REQUIRED" for the octocam of MGS4 (which is part of its gameplay) , lemmings says that the 360 GPU is equally powerful so it could do it without problems well, the wii cpu is far inferior so the wii again leave you out of a gameplay element cause it would be impossible this whole octocam thing is theoretical of course :P
darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts
[QUOTE="Gears360"]

[QUOTE="AntiType"]reduce the polygons/detail the apropriate amount then it is sure to run ^__^General_X

another example

But then to play it on 360/PS3 you would also be forced to own an HD-TV if it were a direct port.

And it'd be nearly unplayable with a standard controller