I found recent Star Citizen gameplay/trailer more interesting than Mass Effect: A and NMS ever was

• 94 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@MBirdy88: inFAMOUS, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, Spider-Man, Death Standing. They seem to be producing plenty of open world games. Fail.

All games that were easily possible on last gen devices, none of them push any boundaries beyond visual fidelity.

Bloodborne is a stretch, its open in the sense of "go anywhere" but its majority corridors with about 10 enemies at max at any given time.

Infamous was an absolutely s*it sandbox game typical nothing to do repetitive nonsense. can't speak for the rest.

But the list is hardly applause worthy.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

@MBirdy88: inFAMOUS, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, Spider-Man, Death Standing. They seem to be producing plenty of open world games. Fail.

All games that were easily possible on last gen devices, none of them push any boundaries beyond visual fidelity.

Bloodborne is a stretch, its open in the sense of "go anywhere" but its majority corridors with about 10 enemies at max at any given time.

Infamous was an absolutely s*it sandbox game typical nothing to do repetitive nonsense. can't speak for the rest.

Some of them don't even have any substantial game play just mostly similar footage we seen for a very long time or literally no gameplay shown

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

I serious doubt Horizon Zero Dawn could have been done on last gen. If so then The Witcher 3, Overwatch and any other game out now could have been on last gen. Stupid criteria you added because I busted your weak as argument about PS4 only producing corridor games. Step down clown.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@StrongBlackVine said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

I serious doubt Horizon Zero Dawn could have been done on last gen. If so then The Witcher 3, Overwatch and any other game out now could have been on last gen. Stupid criteria you added because I busted your weak as argument about PS4 only producing corridor games. Step down clown.

Hey, in my defence, I thought it was a reply to my pushing boundaries remark, hence the disconnect.

What can't be done about Zero Dawn exactly? oh nothing your just attracted to shiny things like a moth to a flame.

The witcher 3 is a terrible example, that could be done by lowering graphics EASILY... its a damn heavily modified isometric engine pretty much reworked, with not-thebest- draw distances even on PC.... the ammount of interactive/active elements on the screen at any given time is nothing special either.

Witcher 3 is no more complex in that regard than early elder scrolls games. You are simply out of your depth here. PS4 is PS3.5 as people have been saying from day 1. the First Party games play it so safe that nothing truly exciting happens unless you want Movie Games over and over. Bloodborne is just a Souls spin off bought by them and is about the best of the lot as a GAME.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

@StrongBlackVine: Not sure what wrong with ppl being excited about a space sim that tries to do more. We had enough casual games already

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By GodspellWH

@StrongBlackVine said:

@zeeshanhaider: The Last Guardian just scored an 84 with lots of perfect scores. Looks like it paid off in the end. Can't wait to get my CE tomorrow. WTF do you know about God Of War except that you won't get to play it. It hasn't been in any development Hell.

HAHA playstation Lifestyle gave it a 10 along with a few irrelevant reviewers and sites who shouldn't even be reviewing video games. We suppose to believe the Telegraph and Washington Post are something to even take seriously. BTW its at a 83 so Planet Coaster > TLG according to metacritc review and user score.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@zeeshanhaider: The Last Guardian just scored an 84 with lots of perfect scores. Looks like it paid off in the end. Can't wait to get my CE tomorrow. WTF do you know about God Of War except that you won't get to play it. It hasn't been in any development Hell.

The Last Guardian is still a shitty turd that controls and performs like shit. It's a broken game with performance drops less than 10 FPS and graphics that looks like a late PS2 turd with no gameplay. No matter how many perfect scores it gets because of SJW bullshit, it will remain a turd that was in development for more than a decade while being a corridor simulator.

Dad of Bore is being in active development longer than Star Citizen while being a QTE fest corridor simulator and all they have to show for it is a 'not captured on 900pStation scripted walking section'. LMAO. You Sony d**k riders are in no position to point fingers to game as ambitious as Star Citizen.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#61 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

@Sushiglutton: lol not exactly smart when you're showing off procedural planet generation to be pinned down like that, of course it sucks, it was designed to suck for the purpose of the demo. They'll show off some decent AI at some point I imagine. Hell maybe the person in control was not a person but AI o.O

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#62 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

@malibutomi said:

@CroidX: Funniest thing is that people so used to only see games after they passed beta, and like 6-9 months before release, that they have completely unrealistic expectations.

CIG: started from zero, had to build the studios, teams, work pipelines, rewrite the complete engine, developing new tech,

All this and they are building an AAA single player game plus an MMO which is vastly more complex than the no-physics, instanced hacknslash MMOs.

They are getting the flak after 4years with all these obstacles, when usually a single player game takes 3-4 years for established studios, backed by publisher money, many times building on the games predecessor, not using any risky new tech, while same with MMOs takes 5-7 years, again, basically no physics and planets, and stuff, and built by established studios.

^ See this guy's, this is someone who at least has some idea of how the video game industry works. It's unbelievable how many people so obsessed with gaming have no idea other than a shallow basic idea that there's a thing called a Dev who makes games and then the publisher who keeps all the money it makes. Pathetic.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#63  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

So what happens if Crytek goes under during development? I was reading the other day that they have a bunch of disgruntled employees that havent been paid in months.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@oflow said:

So what happens if Crytek goes under during development? I was reading the other day that they have a bunch of disgruntled employees that havent been paid in months.

If Crytek goes under CIG should inherent the cryengine imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

I will be honest, whenever I see CIG, I think I am watching pc gaming's largest train wreck ever.. The amount of hype and anticipation behind it, mixed in with the questionable stories coming out about it, makes me have severe doubts about it.. I hope for the donors sake that they come through, after all CIG earlier this year changed the contract where you can't get refunds anymore...

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@blueeyedcasva said:

@StrongBlackVine: Not sure what wrong with ppl being excited about a space sim that tries to do more. We had enough casual games already

Does this game even qualify as a space sim anymore? The amount of things the developers have promised and claimed to go for, go far beyond the scope of any actual space sim out there...

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 lawlessx

@sSubZerOo said:

I will be honest, whenever I see CIG, I think I am watching pc gaming's largest train wreck ever.. The amount of hype and anticipation behind it, mixed in with the questionable stories coming out about it, makes me have severe doubts about it.. I hope for the donors sake that they come through, after all CIG earlier this year changed the contract where you can't get refunds anymore...

The game is destined to disappoint alot of ppl that have very unrealistic expectations for the game. That goes for any big budget title that is hyped by many people over a long period of time. Personally for me CIG could release a fraction of the game they wanted to make and it would still be an ambitious title that will make other developers look like they're playing it too safe.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

Questionable stories about how there almost out of money and the company is racist lol They wouldn't have been able to dish out a playable procedural generated planet more advance than what we seen in the industry if somehow they were in complete disarray. They must be doing something right if more people keep joining them at the last four years.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TheFadeForever

@lawlessx said:
@oflow said:

The Star Engine is completely different than the Cry Engine at this point. They will just get more ex employees working on the game at their german studio.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@JohnF111 said:

@Sushiglutton: lol not exactly smart when you're showing off procedural planet generation to be pinned down like that, of course it sucks, it was designed to suck for the purpose of the demo. They'll show off some decent AI at some point I imagine. Hell maybe the person in control was not a person but AI o.O

They have stated the AI system wasn't ready and had something to do with the physics causing issues with the AI. It caused them not to ultimately show SQ42 at citizencon because those issues.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lawlessx

@TheFadeForever said:
@lawlessx said:
@oflow said:

The Star Engine is completely different than the Cry Engine at this point. They will just get more ex employees working on the game at their german studio.

yeah i know that,but they should be the ones that get the rights to the engine if crytek do shutdown. even though they renamed their version the Star engine it is at its core still the cryengine.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 CroidX

@lawlessx said:
@TheFadeForever said:
@lawlessx said:
@oflow said:

yeah i know that,but they should be the ones that get the rights to the engine if crytek do shutdown. even though they renamed their version the Star engine it is at its core still the cryengine.

CIG would have to buy portion of the company for that even be possible I believe assuming they have enough money to entire company at this point which would be pretty funny

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@CroidX said:
@JohnF111 said:

They have stated the AI system wasn't ready and had something to do with the physics causing issues with the AI. It caused them not to ultimately show SQ42 at citizencon because those issues.

While that's true I also think that the late addition of the planet tech has had a knock effect on Squadron 42. Chris said as much during citizencon, when he stated that all the tech being developed for Star citizen should be used in Squadron as well.

What better way to demo Squadron 42 than a mission that starts with a space battle and ends with an FPS section on a planet, all seamlessly of course.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#74 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

When its release a finish game for me to buy then I'll check it out. :P

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By GodspellWH

My friends who would have thought that a studio that started out with less than 10 people with nothing but hope and dreams were able to develop the technology where you can enter large planets seamlessly? Did anyone believe that they were capable of doing it two year or three years ago? Sad when people aren't given them the credit they deserved when trying to develop both a SP and MP game. Ignorance has clouded there minds when they ignore they had to build everything from the ground up.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By GodspellWH

@superbuuman said:

When its release a finish game for me to buy then I'll check it out. :P

They have often have days where you can play the alpha MP for free

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

The best looking, most boring game ever made.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@smashed_pinata said:

The best looking, most boring game ever made.

They were showing off the procedural planets which was point of the last gameplay, I mean not everything has to be just shooting things all the time

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#79  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@lawlessx said:
@TheFadeForever said:
@lawlessx said:
@oflow said:

To my knowledge they have the rights to the "engine". They literally bought the source code and Chris has talked about redistributing either the entire build of the engine, or technologies they've developed, when they are done with their game. Chris is very much thinking of paying it forward to the entire industry once his dream game is completed.

The fact that Crytek let them buy the source code like they did was an indication of how poorly Crytek has been doing lately. That was back in 2012. doesn't look like things have gotten better for them.

Hell the only reason why Star Citizen even works today is because they picked up a handful of Crytek programmers who solved some massive tech blockers they were having which nearly sunk the whole thing.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

Having worked a bit on Engine programming in my free time.

I must say that what CIG are doing is nothing but phenomenal. Hell, even doing something rudimentary as I did is hard work, but to push forward the bounderies like CIG does. Now... that deserves nothing but praise. And the procederual planet generation looked actually fairly well made too.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Wasdie said:
@lawlessx said:
@TheFadeForever said:
@lawlessx said:
@oflow said:

To my knowledge they have the rights to the "engine". They literally bought the source code and Chris has talked about redistributing either the entire build of the engine, or technologies they've developed, when they are done with their game. Chris is very much thinking of paying it forward to the entire industry once his dream game is completed.

The fact that Crytek let them buy the source code like they did was an indication of how poorly Crytek has been doing lately. That was back in 2012. doesn't look like things have gotten better for them.

Hell the only reason why Star Citizen even works today is because they picked up a handful of Crytek programmers who solved some massive tech blockers they were having which nearly sunk the whole thing.

As far as I know an engine license comes with all source code, at least that's what happens when any developer pays upfront for the engine. It was same for UE3/UE4/CE3. The studios are free to modify the engine as they wish however they cannot redistribute it as far as I remember. Anyways, all of that doesn't matter since Amazon did bought the rights to Cryengine 3 and made it available to other devs under the name Lumberyard. Cryengine is safe regardless of the fate of Crytek.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#82  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22797 Posts

@godspellwh: why are you obsessed with animations? I'm concerned that mea should have quality things to do in the open galaxy.. I worry about games respecting my time, not animations.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#83 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

When will the next event be livestreamed? They usually do that in december,

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 GarGx1

@godspellwh said:

My friends who would have thought that a studio that started out with less than 10 people with nothing but hope and dreams were able to develop the technology where you can enter large planets seamlessly? Did anyone believe that they were capable of doing it two year or three years ago? Sad when people aren't given them the credit they deserved when trying to develop both a SP and MP game. Ignorance has clouded there minds when they ignore they had to build everything from the ground up.

As a Golden Ticket holder and original backer I have to answer yes to this. Although planetary landing is an unexpected bonus it was always on the list as a potential future update.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 GarGx1

@Cloud_imperium said:

This Friday (16/12/16) mate same day as 2.6 is launched to the PU (maybe).

They've been very, very quiet on Squadron 42 so I'm not expecting anything to be shown but who knows, maybe it's just that Chris has finally learned to stop making statements that people see as promises.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@GarGx1 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

They've been very, very quiet on Squadron 42 so I'm not expecting anything to be shown but who knows, maybe it's just that Chris has finally learned to stop making statements that people see as promises.

There better be a suprise of some sort, even if it isn't SQ42 ... at least show development progress and more of 3.0... nobody wants to watch a live stream about 2.6 which is literally around the corner.. and already covered in depth. Pupil to Planet was a suprise last year so finger's crossed.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 GarGx1

@MBirdy88 said:
@GarGx1 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

There better be a suprise of some sort, even if it isn't SQ42 ... at least show development progress and more of 3.0... nobody wants to watch a live stream about 2.6 which is literally around the corner.. and already covered in depth. Pupil to Planet was a suprise last year so finger's crossed.

Agreed, I'll be very disappointed if all they do is bleat on about 2.6

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@GarGx1 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

There going to have to show improvement every time they show more gameplay. The next 12 months is crucial for them expectation aside we should accept no less from them atm of time we already dealt with a few years of them just showing of gameplay mechanics piece by piece.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By CroidX

The gameplay is not real according to @ghosts4ever yet over 90% of the mechanics seen is already in the alpha PTU. And SQ42 yet they are making the character models and even showed some glimpse of it on the road to citizencon documentary and explain why they they couldn't show it.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I'm looking forward to the next livestream.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 TheFadeForever

@quadknight said:

Hopefully SQ42 I would hate it if was just them showing off 2.6 again

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#92  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17838 Posts

That flickering though! Must have been running in SLI or something. LOL

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@TheFadeForever said:
@quadknight said:

Me too. I'm praying it's SQ42 but I'd be okay with more 3.0 stuff. I just want anything but 2.6, I feel like I've seen enough of it.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 TheFadeForever

I still want to see how well 2.6 is but I been seeing them post a lot animation they are polishing hopefully it leads to something big

@quadknight said:
@TheFadeForever said:
@quadknight said:

Me too. I'm praying it's SQ42 but I'd be okay with more 3.0 stuff. I just want anything but 2.6, I feel like I've seen enough of it.

@BassMan said:

That flickering though! Must have been running in SLI or something. LOL

It wasn't a SLI build from what I heard

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

Mass Effect Andromeda has the advantage that it will actually be released.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

@padaporra said:

Mass Effect Andromeda has the advantage that it will actually be released.

Different scope game but SC did show more gameplay than ME for this year and who knows SQ42 could release the first half of next year

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By GodspellWH

@TheEroica said:

@godspellwh: why are you obsessed with animations? I'm concerned that mea should have quality things to do in the open galaxy.. I worry about games respecting my time, not animations.

If your game is coming out right around the corner it should look more polish my friend. They have 11 months top if it involves delaying it further to polish everything.