I found recent Star Citizen gameplay/trailer more interesting than Mass Effect: A and NMS ever was

• 94 results
GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

Don't give me that BS about waiting time when you saw an entire procedural planet with terrain and vegetation and atmosphere planetary entry and weather like its being dumped out every year which was the entire point of the last major gameplay we saw. We all know everyone was hyping NMS stuff far longer until it was all lies. Note there working on a SP and MP (Not tacked on). We all know MEA is going be the same old hyped Bioware game where they casualized the game where your a unstoppable Biotic soldier who either a homosexual or heterosexual. Recent Animation are also better than ME who are still stuck last gen where AI are taking biotic charges like it was literally nothing and its only a few months away.

Edit: My friends it seems like hypocrisy has hit a all time high when a ps2 game in development for 10 years and another with emo boy bands that has no proper driving mechanics is somehow worth the wait after years of development hell and going dark with no signs of any progress.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58979 Posts

Eh. We will see if this, which apparently craps gold, will be the end of all ends.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

We all know Chris Robert bought a island and paid some guys to dish out fake content so it looks like they made progress. I wonder what studio he paid to make the planet maybe it is actually Bioware who did it .

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GodspellWH

@uninspiredcup said:

Eh. We will see if this, which apparently craps gold, will be the end of all ends.

My friend the year has not even ended and still got a few surprises in store

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

Glad to see the facial animation and models are coming together. Would love to see something by the end of this year during the stream. Last year we say them show off some incredible ship destructibility now we see procedural planets with almost every previous mechanics we seen working side by side, definitely most impressive year so far.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Send them a donation then. $1000 might get you a closet on a ship.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GodspellWH

@StrongBlackVine said:

Send them a donation then. $1000 might get you a closet on a ship.

No need to over 138 million and growing set to surpass Destiny suppose budget. Not bad for a studio that started out with nothing.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StrongBlackVine

@godspellwh: Yeah must be nice to work on a project with absolutely no personal risk and little to show for it after years.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GodspellWH

@StrongBlackVine said:

@godspellwh: Yeah must be nice to work on a project with absolutely no personal risk and little to show for it after years.

Loading Video...

Very little indeed that any company can produce a planet this good with seamless entry

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StrongBlackVine

@godspellwh: Procedural? Gross.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69492 Posts

There is a higher chance of Mass Effect releasing than this game releasing. So......

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GodspellWH

@StrongBlackVine said:

Its a mix of handcraft and procedural its not fully generated like NMS. Even that game never had sandstorms tearing apart ship wreakage or good weather effects

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GodspellWH

@Pedro said:

There is a higher chance of Mass Effect releasing than this game releasing. So......

Bioware will be delivering quality animations since 2007 and rushed ending and diversity at its finest.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Eh, I'm more excited about Mass Effect to be honest, at least I know it will release this decade.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

If it ever releases, sure

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Came here and expected the same response as usual and not surprise lol You have to be pretty out of touch to think there hasn't been any sort of progress when all we had were small snippets of mechanic and tech demo in the past showing off one thing at a time now we have full blown planets where we can land and explore.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GodspellWH

@quadknight said:

Eh, I'm more excited about Mass Effect to be honest, at least I know it will release this decade.

I fine it weird that ppl are overlooking the rather awkward animation and AI in ME including very casualized combat. With 800 ppl they couldn't get any to improve the animation after all these years an its releasing soon.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

the only good part about the first video is the skin of the sniper rifle. the rest looked indie level.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GodspellWH

@silversix_ said:

the only good part about the first video is the skin of the sniper rifle. the rest looked indie level.

Yes planet atmosphere entry and sandstorms tearing a ship apart and procedural generation of an entire planet with its own weather effect is indie level my friend. Let's talk about those enemies AI from ME A who barely budge from a direct biotic charge or that conversation they had. Andromeda is release in a few months after all.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

To be fair though you'd have to try really hard to be less interesting than NMS.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

@TheFadeForever said:

Came here and expected the same response as usual and not surprise lol You have to be pretty out of touch to think there hasn't been any sort of progress when all we had were small snippets of mechanic and tech demo in the past showing off one thing at a time now we have full blown planets where we can land and explore.

Exactly this year was refreshing when in the past few years it was nothing but trailer and small tech demo. A least they showed us exactly what we can expect in a bigger picture instead of the same old small stuff we seen in the past years that was no more than "what we are going to add in the game".

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
@Pedro said:

yeah , there's also a chance that it's another over-hyped game with cheesy characters like DAI

@StrongBlackVine said:

little to show !!? they're updating around the verse show on daily basis , I don't know what the fukc you're talking about

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Looks boring and the characters look stiff.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GodspellWH

@vfighter said:

Looks boring and the characters look stiff.

Opinions not everyone enjoys planet exploration which was the entire point of the video but didn't stop NMS from getting massive hype.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Mass effect rip off, no thnx

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GodspellWH

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Sir explain when previous Mass effect didn't have large worlds to explore unless riding a rover actually counted as one

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

ROFL , you know first Mass Effect itself was a KOTOR rip-off with a combat that they copied from GOW , and guess what for the new game they're going to copy destiny :

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mass-effect-andromeda-director-talks-destiny-inspi/1100-6445983/

good luck with that

============================================================================

btw have you ever heard of Wing Commander

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@godspellwh said:
@quadknight said:

I fine it weird that ppl are overlooking the rather awkward animation and AI in ME including very casualized combat. With 800 ppl they couldn't get any to improve the animation after all these years an its releasing soon.

SC also has janky animations in the alpha. I'm more excited about the fact I'll be getting to play ME soon. I don't know if SC will even be out in the next 2 or 3 years, it keeps getting delayed.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@godspellwh said:

a planet this good

How is it better than other planets?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

2.6 still on target for 16th December then it's onto 3.0 where we'll see the planet tech first hand. It's also when the game will start to show where it's going.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@nethernova said:
@godspellwh said:

a planet this good

Not sure what other games there are to compare it to. Elite Dangerous, maybe.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

You're confusing it with TLG and Dad of Bore.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I'd like to hear someone defend the abysmal AI in that firefight lol. SC is a great and impressive tech demo, but a very mediocre game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

Will the mighty sony hand craft their planets that are life-size?

oh wait... they have a hard time making anything that is larger than a corridor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Sushiglutton said:

I'd like to hear someone defend the abysmal AI in that firefight lol. SC is a great and impressive tech demo, but a very mediocre game.

well yea... because it's not finished yet, that A.I is literally place holder.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GodspellWH

@Sushiglutton: they had address that before and are working to improve it. You think there not working to make it better

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
@MBirdy88 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

After five years have they finished any gameplay segment at all that you can watch and is supposed to look good? Cause I haven't seen it.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

4 years of production and the paltry amount of actual gameplay we've seen looks broken and unpolished.

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

After five years have they finished any gameplay segment at all that you can watch and is supposed to look good? Cause I haven't seen it.

Funded at the end of 2012 so 4 years of full development atm for SP and MP from a small studio to a big one. Rewriting an engine and developing new technology. Plenty of release game don't have good AI. They showed many progress so far you never seen this level of procedural generation with those visuals.

They wanted to show off the planets and give us a good look at what we can expect in the upcoming future. This year is the first time we seen actual gameplay with everything working together.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Sushiglutton said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Depends on your definition of good? Obviously its pretty rough around the edges still there is no "polished layer".

I don't know what people expect of this product, but its first and foremost a SIM, not an action game or a space opera like Mass Effect where set piece after set piece keeps it going. it will have pleanty of mundane moments I imagine.

But in regards to unifying all these elements into one package, no other game comes close. 3.0 will be the first proper playable piece (despite probably still having many bugs/performance issues) of what is TRYING to be achieved.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43  Edited By PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

When you are developing innovation and building your own company and development studios from scratch, it's going to take longer than churning out the regular console garbage like Mafia 3 (2011-2016) - 5 years as ONE example.

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Depends on your definition of good? Obviously its pretty rough around the edges still there is no "polished layer".

I don't know what people expect of this product, but its first and foremost a SIM, not an action game or a space opera like Mass Effect where set piece after set piece keeps it going. it will have pleanty of mundane moments I imagine.

But in regards to unifying all these elements into one package, no other game comes close. 3.0 will be the first proper playable piece (despite probably still having many bugs/performance issues) of what is TRYING to be achieved.

people are acting as if they see games doing what SC is doing and nitpicking things that developers have stated there still working on. Even release games have some rough edges that shouldn't been done before launch. @Sushiglutton logic is that its not a good game at all because things like AI isn't good when its still in development. Anybody can nitpick how bad AI are for many games.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GodspellWH

@abtoxin said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

people are acting as if they see games doing what SC is doing and nitpicking things that developers have stated there still working on. Even release games have some rough edges that shouldn't been done before launch. @Sushiglutton logic is that its not a good game at all because things like AI isn't good when its still in development. Anybody can nitpick how bad AI are for many games.

FPS Mechanics

Spaceship mechanics

Zero Gravity

Procedural Generation

Seamless TPS/FPS

etc...

The list goes on my friend ME A isn't doing any of that and ppl are complaining about its development time. WHy haven't there been games that do all of this??

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

I find it funny no one gives CIG the benefit of the doubt they had to build almost everything from the ground up even Cry Engine needed a lot of tuning. While other games have things swept under the rug despite being in development much longer.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GodspellWH

@CroidX said:

I find it funny no one gives CIG the benefit of the doubt they had to build almost everything from the ground up even Cry Engine needed a lot of tuning. While other games have things swept under the rug despite being in development much longer.

Sir you are correct they transition from a small company to a big one. It was simply but one man's dream until he finally was able to pull something off.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GodspellWH

@nethernova said:
@godspellwh said:

a planet this good

Well there aren't many games with an entire planet this detailed with raging sandstorms and a giant sandworm.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 StrongBlackVine

@MBirdy88: inFAMOUS, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, Spider-Man, Death Standing. They seem to be producing plenty of open world games. Fail.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StrongBlackVine

@zeeshanhaider: The Last Guardian just scored an 84 with lots of perfect scores. Looks like it paid off in the end. Can't wait to get my CE tomorrow. WTF do you know about God Of War except that you won't get to play it. It hasn't been in any development Hell.