I don't get all of the hype for the PS4

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Heclogit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Heclogit
Member since 2005 • 377 Posts

So basically it is 50% faster then the Xbox One because of Graphics "drivers". And were suppose to worship Sony for talking about games more at E3 despite having less exclusives and a weaker launch line up of "games". But Microsoft didn't talk about the games so therefor Sony cares about us even though there is like 4 exclusives which one is a kids game. It is just more of the same Sony exclusives will be better but Xbox will have more games to play across a broader spectrum. It makes both systems worth owning. 

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
I don't get the hype for PS4 and X1
Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

lem

Heclogit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Heclogit

lem

Sweenix
I have both pre ordered but seriously. Xbox has a better launch line up of GAMES.
Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts
Xbox will have more games to play across a broader spectrum.Heclogit
I lol'd
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Sony will better exclusives and more games across a broader spectrum. Xbox will continue to live off MP shooters and sports games...and sports/TV/app now I guess

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="Heclogit"] Xbox will have more games to play across a broader spectrum.Mr-Kutaragi
I lol'd

Only the most delusional lemming would believe that.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="Sweenix"]

lem

Heclogit

I have both pre ordered but seriously. Xbox has a better launch line up of GAMES.

Who gives a shit about a bunch mediocre launch games? Killzone, Forza and MAYBE Dead Rising 3 are the only exclusives that will sale well.

Heclogit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heclogit

Sony will better exclusives and more games across a broader spectrum. Xbox will continue to live off MP shooters and sports games...and sports/TV/app now I guess

StrongBlackVine
So Xbox 360 has over a 1,000 games which are presumably all shooters and sports games? Can't we just admit that sometimes a game like Titan Fall would be better on a console because having a better community would make the game more fun to play? Xbox 360 by far had the most diverse roster of games last gen. And for the first half of last gen dominated the PS3. Until most Xbox users stopped giving a shit and went to PC. Because it was too outdated. While the PS3 players trooped on.
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14496 Posts

More games across a broader spectrum?

To each his own.  If you wanted that, get a f*cking PC because that's where the spectrum is at.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

Heclogit

Until most Xbox users stopped giving a shit and went to PC. Because it was too outdated. While the PS3 players trooped on.

LOL most Xbox gamers cannot afford a decent gaming so GTFO with that.

Heclogit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Heclogit

More games across a broader spectrum?

To each his own.  If you wanted that, get a f*cking PC because that's where the spectrum is at.

Basinboy
I have a PC but sometimes the console experience is better at least early in a new generation. The simplicity and ability to play games with a bunch of different people. The sheer number of users outweighs that of PC gaming.
GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I've only bought a console once (360) on launch day, and I most certainly didnt buy it for the launch lineup. It being new, and the tech side is what I find intriguing in a new console. I mean who really buys a console for the launch lineup :? At least the last few ones we had. The line up for these two seems a lot better than what we got with the 360, and PS3, but still they are not that great. I think its the fact that they are new, and coming out at a resenable price, at least the PS4 is. But I'll be honest with you, there is nothing that exiting about these two new consoles. But this gen has lasted enough I think, and a lot of gamers are probably ready to move on to new consoles. 

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

[QUOTE="Heclogit"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

StrongBlackVine

Until most Xbox users stopped giving a shit and went to PC. Because it was too outdated. While the PS3 players trooped on.

LOL most Xbox gamers cannot afford a decent gaming so GTFO with that.

Proof? :lol:
Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mr-Kutaragi
Xbox 360 by far had the most diverse roster of games last gen.Heclogit
If counting Arcade game as diverse ok... lol. Xbox is dudebro gamer, MS did not even want Heavy Rain because mature theme and dudebro gamer want chainsaw machinegun and green power ranger with hologram girlfriend.
ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts
The XBOX ONE on is the only "TRUE" Next Gen console when you consider the whole package. Don't believe any of the propaganda about the PS4 being 50% more powerful. That is all a bunch of BS theoretical performance crap that isn't real world. Oh and just because some devs that Sony paid off to say that the PS4 was so much more powerful doesn't make it so. I'd be more inclined to listen to a non bias third party like John Carmack when he said that the two systems were more or less the same thing.
GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

[QUOTE="Heclogit"] Xbox 360 by far had the most diverse roster of games last gen.Mr-Kutaragi
If counting Arcade game as diverse ok... lol. Xbox is dudebro gamer, MS did not even want Heavy Rain because mature theme and dudebro gamer want chainsaw machinegun and green power ranger with hologram girlfriend.

Arcade games are Indie games and you love those.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts
The XBOX ONE on is the only "TRUE" Next Gen console when you consider the whole package. Don't believe any of the propaganda about the PS4 being 50% more powerful. That is all a bunch of BS theoretical performance crap that isn't real world. Oh and just because some devs that Sony paid off to say that the PS4 was so much more powerful doesn't make it so. I'd be more inclined to listen to a non bias third party like John Carmack when he said that the two systems were more or less the same thing.ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Calls the PS4 stuff bs theoretical crap, yet support the cloud, lol.
Heclogit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heclogit

I guess I'm saying that Titan Fall on Xbox One will be the system to play it on. It was always that way until the last 4 years of xbox 360's life. Xbox 360/ PC exclusives were best on Xbox 360 because the community was so much better. That is one of the main reasons I also ordered a PS4 because certainly unwarranted it has a ton of hype. So atleast for awhile will be a great place for multi player gaming.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GravityX

The XBOX ONE on is the only "TRUE" Next Gen console when you consider the whole package. Don't believe any of the propaganda about the PS4 being 50% more powerful. That is all a bunch of BS theoretical performance crap that isn't real world. Oh and just because some devs that Sony paid off to say that the PS4 was so much more powerful doesn't make it so. I'd be more inclined to listen to a non bias third party like John Carmack when he said that the two systems were more or less the same thing.ShoTTyMcNaDeS

True. But you have to give Sony credit. The know how to herd the masses. Give them some tflops number and that's the end of the story.

Or is it?

500>638

http://youtu.be/5Qam_UvSKuM

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lx_theo

I guess I'm saying that Titan Fall on Xbox One will be the system to play it on. It was always that way until the last 4 years of xbox 360's life. Xbox 360/ PC exclusives were best on Xbox 360 because the community was so much better. That is one of the main reasons I also ordered a PS4 because certainly unwarranted it has a ton of hype. So atleast for awhile will be a great place for multi player gaming.

Heclogit
Calling 360 community better than PC. That's stupid on an objective level. Now, on a fanboy level... Hermits. Attack.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StrongBlackVine

Just so you know PSEye has voice commands as well so if Sony fans want that they have can it...it just isn't forced on us. Since I guess you think Kinect is something special.

John Carmack doesn't know shit and admitted that he wa knew nothing about the specs of either system....try again.

Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kaz_Son
Member since 2013 • 1389 Posts
Xbox will have more games to play across a broader spectrum. Heclogit
 No.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="Heclogit"]

lx_theo

Calling 360 community better than PC. That's stupid on an objective level. Now, on a fanboy level... Hermits. Attack.

Xbox is the definition of gimped PC. At least Nintendo and Sony put lots of quality first party games that make the systems worth owning(well not Nintendo lately).

Microsoft biggest "exclusive" is game that will be on PC immediately and PS4 after the timed agreement runs out. Halo is literally all they have now that Gears is in the gutter.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

What's not to get? New systems are always exciting for gamers and the industry. And with the PS4 we get one of the final pieces to getting this net generation complete and underway. If you aren't interested in it that is completely fine. But gamers make up millions of people. 

Ero, there's hype. Pretty simple.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mr-Kutaragi

[QUOTE="Mr-Kutaragi"][QUOTE="Heclogit"] Xbox 360 by far had the most diverse roster of games last gen.GravityX

Arcade games are Indie games and you love those.

If they are innovate and special game like Journey. Cow get AAA retail title like TLoU. Last 360 AAA average was 2 year ago.
Heclogit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Heclogit
[QUOTE="Heclogit"]

lx_theo

The sheer number of people on 360 playing any given game outweighs the PC's community. A large portion of PC games are completely dead. This is obviously true and it is the main reason PC gamers are called Hermits in the first place.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
[QUOTE="Heclogit"] Xbox will have more games to play across a broader spectrum. Kaz_Son
 No.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
??? This time around it isn't the Sony console that's being overhyped. (Relatively speaking)
GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GravityX

[QUOTE="ShoTTyMcNaDeS"]The XBOX ONE on is the only "TRUE" Next Gen console when you consider the whole package. Don't believe any of the propaganda about the PS4 being 50% more powerful. That is all a bunch of BS theoretical performance crap that isn't real world. Oh and just because some devs that Sony paid off to say that the PS4 was so much more powerful doesn't make it so. I'd be more inclined to listen to a non bias third party like John Carmack when he said that the two systems were more or less the same thing.StrongBlackVine

Just so you know PSEye has voice commands as well so if Sony fans want that they have can it...it just isn't forced on us. Since I guess you think Kinect is something special.

John Carmack doesn't know shit and admitted that he wa knew nothing about the specs of either system....try again.

I would be suprised if it's as good as Kinect. But Kinect 2.0 is pretty advanced for what it does. And over it's life time is supposed to learn. However not sure if that's the case now without being connected to the internet and the 300,000 servers.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lx_theo
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="Heclogit"]

Heclogit

The sheer number of people on 360 playing any given game outweighs the PC's community. A large portion of PC games are completely dead. This is obviously true and it is the main reason PC gamers are called Hermits in the first place.

More "facts" eh? You keep on keeping on, lem. Being able to make up slanted "facts" with no evidence here on the fly is a valuable skill in system wars for a fanboy, lol.
Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mr-Kutaragi

[QUOTE="ShoTTyMcNaDeS"]The XBOX ONE on is the only "TRUE" Next Gen console when you consider the whole package. Don't believe any of the propaganda about the PS4 being 50% more powerful. That is all a bunch of BS theoretical performance crap that isn't real world. Oh and just because some devs that Sony paid off to say that the PS4 was so much more powerful doesn't make it so. I'd be more inclined to listen to a non bias third party like John Carmack when he said that the two systems were more or less the same thing.GravityX

True. But you have to give Sony credit. The know how to herd the masses. Give them some tflops number and that's the end of the story.

Or is it?

500>638

Those are different type of car. Xbone and PS4 is very similar architecture, except xbone is gimp with flat tire and drunk driver.
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts
lol i see no hype for xbox one . Its a console which is the successor to the 360 . a console that has no support for it anymore in terms of top notch exclusives. im buying the ps4 not because of its launch games only, but knowing they're going to most likely support it in the long run with quality exclusives as well offer a great value in play station plus with its quality games that it offers.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="ShoTTyMcNaDeS"]The XBOX ONE on is the only "TRUE" Next Gen console when you consider the whole package. Don't believe any of the propaganda about the PS4 being 50% more powerful. That is all a bunch of BS theoretical performance crap that isn't real world. Oh and just because some devs that Sony paid off to say that the PS4 was so much more powerful doesn't make it so. I'd be more inclined to listen to a non bias third party like John Carmack when he said that the two systems were more or less the same thing.GravityX

I would be suprised if it's as good as Kinect. But Kinect 2.0 is pretty advanced for what it does. And over it's life time is supposed to learn. However not sure if that's the case now without being connected to the internet and the 300,000 servers.

Oh I know it isn't a good as Kinect 2.0 because that isn't the focus, but it can be used to navigate throughout the operating system. It won't work with your cable box and camera is only 720p, but I'll trade that for the advantages in actual gaming hardware.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mr-Kutaragi

[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="Heclogit"]

Heclogit

We got trolled guys.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1726696704/hA5B77937/

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GravityX

[QUOTE="GravityX"]

[QUOTE="ShoTTyMcNaDeS"]The XBOX ONE on is the only "TRUE" Next Gen console when you consider the whole package. Don't believe any of the propaganda about the PS4 being 50% more powerful. That is all a bunch of BS theoretical performance crap that isn't real world. Oh and just because some devs that Sony paid off to say that the PS4 was so much more powerful doesn't make it so. I'd be more inclined to listen to a non bias third party like John Carmack when he said that the two systems were more or less the same thing.Mr-Kutaragi

Or is it?

500>638

Those are different type of car. Xbone and PS4 is very similar architecture, except xbone is gimp with flat tire and drunk driver.

Maybe, however some tech sites have called the Xbox One SoC "different" and "odd". Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying secret sauce or anything like that. But I'm not sold yet on this 50% more powerful difference.

Heclogit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Heclogit
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="Heclogit"][QUOTE="lx_theo"] Calling 360 community better than PC. That's stupid on an objective level. Now, on a fanboy level... Hermits. Attack.

More "facts" eh? You keep on keeping on, lem. Being able to make up slanted "facts" with no evidence here on the fly is a valuable skill in system wars for a fanboy, lol.

It is the facts. Every time there was a PC/ Xbox 360 release it sold significantly better on Xbox 360.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 StrongBlackVine

lol i see no hype for xbox one . Its a console which is the successor to the 360 . a console that has no support for it anymore in terms of top notch exclusives. im buying the ps4 not because of its launch games only, but knowing they're going to most likely support it in the long run with quality exclusives as well offer a great value in play station plus with its quality games that it offers.Ribnarak

Exactly after the moves Microsoft pulled the last few years with 360 why would any expect quality games from the throughout this gen? You will treated to Halo/Gears and timed DLC.  Microsoft won't be buying 3rd party exclusives all generation. Once their install base gets high enough they won't care. Sony built a lot of goodwill for the PS4 because of the way they have supported the PS3 late in its life cycle.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GravityX

lol i see no hype for xbox one . Its a console which is the successor to the 360 . a console that has no support for it anymore in terms of top notch exclusives. im buying the ps4 not because of its launch games only, but knowing they're going to most likely support it in the long run with quality exclusives as well offer a great value in play station plus with its quality games that it offers.Ribnarak

Maybe, or it may just take longer to make quality games on the PS3 so those games came later in its life cycle.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
PlayStation®4: The Best Place to Play The PlayStation®4 system provides dynamic, connected gaming, powerful graphics and speed, intelligent personalization, deeply integrated social capabilities, and innovative second-screen features. Combining unparalleled content, immersive gaming experiences, all of your favorite digital entertainment apps, and PlayStation® exclusives, the PS4 system focuses on the gamers. Then you couple that with Sony's proven track record of world class, GOTY winning exclusives..oh my
Heclogit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heclogit

[QUOTE="Ribnarak"]lol i see no hype for xbox one . Its a console which is the successor to the 360 . a console that has no support for it anymore in terms of top notch exclusives. im buying the ps4 not because of its launch games only, but knowing they're going to most likely support it in the long run with quality exclusives as well offer a great value in play station plus with its quality games that it offers.GravityX

Maybe, or it may just take longer to make quality games on the PS3 so those games came later in its life cycle.

Lets all blindly trust Sony. They are preaching all they care about is games. I mean why would they MAKE THAT UP? That would be unheard of for a giant company to appeal to it's audience despite falling short in games. If anything PS4 is the dudebro system. I mean Kill Zone? That is the biggest dude bro game of all time. Idiotic shooter at it's best.
cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

The performance difference between the two consoles is being overplayed. First off, 40-50% more powerful (PS4) isn't as significant as it seems. It leads to about 10-13 more frames per second difference at identical settings/resolution. Now that might sound like a lot and it really does make a difference in the feel of a game, but the problem is, devs on consoles need to lock their framerates down to either 30 or 60. It's not enough of a difference to make it so a 30fps game on the XB1 will be a 60fps game on the PS4. What devs will most likely do is give the PS4 version a slight edge--some tessellation here and there or some better quality shadows can eat those 10fps up in a second. Multiplats will look near identical; PS4 fanboys just want you to think the difference between the XB1 and PS4 will be akin to the difference between PC and current gen. The tech is just not that radically different. 

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lx_theo
[QUOTE="Heclogit"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="Heclogit"] The sheer number of people on 360 playing any given game outweighs the PC's community. A large portion of PC games are completely dead. This is obviously true and it is the main reason PC gamers are called Hermits in the first place.

It is the facts. Every time there was a PC/ Xbox 360 release it sold significantly better on Xbox 360.

What a flimsy answer, lol. Please show us all this definitive proof of every game released on both platforms and their sales. Ah, what am I saying, you're just a fanboy claiming sales as proof of having a better community yet have provided no evidence or a shred of logic. Come back with some proof for your claims (as in sales both physical and digital for games released on both systems at the same time showing your claims are true), and maybe I'll waste more of my time making fun of you.
Heclogit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Heclogit

I'm just mainly confused because the PS4 is the more Dudebro system at launch. KillZone, Call of Duty, NBA 2k, Madden, DriveClub and some crappy PC ports. That is about as Dudebro as you can get. But Sony cares about games because they said so. While Xbox they don't give a shit even though they have a better variety of games at launch.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

So basically it is 50% faster then the Xbox One because of Graphics "drivers". And were suppose to worship Sony for talking about games more at E3 despite having less exclusives and a weaker launch line up of "games". But Microsoft didn't talk about the games so therefor Sony cares about us even though there is like 4 exclusives which one is a kids game. It is just more of the same Sony exclusives will be better but Xbox will have more games to play across a broader spectrum. It makes both systems worth owning. 

Heclogit
my bets guess is small penis syndrome. the PS3 was always kinda looked at as the "worse" console of the 2 this gen. So the hardcore Sony fans are trying to turn it around now on their own backs lol. personally both the PS3 and 360 were about equal. and the same with this gen. only difference the the X1 cost a little more but you get better online service and the kinect and some extra features. both will be good systems. but the numbers thrown out there about the power of the PS4 are laughable
Heclogit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Heclogit

[QUOTE="Heclogit"][QUOTE="lx_theo"] More "facts" eh? You keep on keeping on, lem. Being able to make up slanted "facts" with no evidence here on the fly is a valuable skill in system wars for a fanboy, lol.lx_theo

What a flimsy answer, lol. Please show us all this definitive proof of every game released on both platforms and their sales. Ah, what am I saying, you're just a fanboy claiming sales as proof of having a better community yet have provided no evidence or a shred of logic. Come back with some proof for your claims (as in sales both physical and digital for games released on both systems at the same time showing your claims are true), and maybe I'll waste more of my time making fun of you.

Modern Warfare 2 sold 14 million copies on Xbox 360. Please name 5 PC games that have 14 million people playing it world wide.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

I'm just mainly confused because the PS4 is the more Dudebro system at launch. KillZone, Call of Duty, NBA 2k, Madden, DriveClub and some crappy PC ports. That is about as Dudebro as you can get. But Sony cares about games because they said so. While Xbox they don't give a shit even though they have a better variety of games at launch.

Heclogit

And therein lies your answer. 

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
launch games are usually shite - if your buying a console because of launch games your an idiot.
LA-Nighthawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LA-Nighthawk
Member since 2013 • 335 Posts
Sony is the people's champion.
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points