How much of a waste is the PS Vita?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#51 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@speedfreak48t5p:lolwut. Mobile rarely gets mentioned here. The Vita is a pretty common topic on SW lol Dem haters keep on hating. Dem rustled jimmies!

LOL Vita, got no games. Cows have their jimmies rustled. lol

speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 speedfreak48t5p

@Desmonic said:

@speedfreak48t5p: Sure, sure. "No games". You keep on saying that brah, maybe it'll unrustle your jimmies :D

Multiplat indies I can play on xbox 360 or PC don't count brah.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@Bigboi500: I as well wanted to get one but no games available. To be honest it's not a very powerful system so that's probably why people decided to pass. I'm leaning more towards the new gaming tablet that was recently released although the tablet isn't that powerful either. Personally I want a beast of a machine in the palm of my hand and these portable devices are old tech.

speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 speedfreak48t5p

@Desmonic said:

@speedfreak48t5p: Mobility >>> Needing time to use a home console/PC.

Sorry brah.

Having $200 in my pocket >>> Not having $200 in my pocket,

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

Ohh kay since this thread is turning into a list wars thread I'll add my two cents on the 3DS and Vita libraries and their great titles so far.

Vita:

LBPV

Gravity Rush

Tearaway

P4G

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Soul Sacrifice

Toukiden: The Age of Demons

3DS:

TLoZ: A Link Between Worlds

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Bravely Default

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Pokemon Y

Mario Gold: World Tour

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Tales of the Abyss

Mario Kart 7

Super Mario 3D Land

Rune Factory 4

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

you are right. Sony should stick with home consoles and Nintendo should stick with portables is what I gathered from your posts

speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 speedfreak48t5p

@Desmonic said:

@speedfreak48t5p: Yeah, because a X360 or a PC are free right? lol

But I already have a PC and a 360. I don't have a Vita.

speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By speedfreak48t5p

@Desmonic said:

@speedfreak48t5p: Sounds like a you problem brah.

Yeah, what do I do with that $200 I saved from not buying a Vita. So many options. lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Dunno, I quite like my Vita, so I hardly find it a Waste, although I wish it was better supported.

At its worst, it is a platform with very few specific games made for it natively. But it does have a fairly big library of PsP games and PS1-2 games.

Since my tastes have changed alot since the PS2 days I find it a fairly nice Little system. And it likely has the best controls of any handheld Ive ever owned.

Ultimately? Yeah I wish it was better supported, but I don't find it a Waste. It just have potential that it will never achieve.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Well i love it. what other handheld lets me play child of light, rogue legacy and soon to be shovel knight on the go?

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

I agree that it is a wasted oppurtiniy . I think it is the best handheld hardware ever but it is pretty much empty. I mean if you made a list on good games that uses its potential it would be top 5 games on vita.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Vita is an amazing system!!

Handheld need a tighter market with quality over quantity, and vita delivers just this!!

The system itself is beautiful, connects seamlessly with the PS4 and is still sold out to this day!!

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

I would say that depends on your taste in games. Its suits me just fine. I play it much more than my forgotten 3DS that blinks that lonely blue light at me when I happen to glance at it. I honestly don't care that most games are ports that are graphically inferior to my console. I like the fact that I can take console like experiences with me on the go. Haters be damned. Also, the agreement that it has no games is such a fallacy. On my Vita right now I have Dragons Crown, Terraria, Muramasa, FFX and X-2, Danganrompa, Hot Shots (still play the crap out of this game), Lone Survivor, and Injustice. All can be played on the road and offer close to identical experiences to consoles. Hell, I play my Vita more than any system that I own... So IMHO no waste at all.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Its a waste of $200 plus tax+ the expensive memory cards.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#68 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Bigboi500: I'm sad to say I agree. I bought mine at launch, and enjoyed uncharted, gravity rush, kz mercenary, hell even that resistance game!! I play a lot of my old favorites from psp and ps1 on it. But wtf? How about real AAA support. Not ports and Indies.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@Bigboi500: I'm sad to say I agree. I bought mine at launch, and enjoyed uncharted, gravity rush, kz mercenary, hell even that resistance game!! I play a lot of my old favorites from psp and ps1 on it. But wtf? How about real AAA support. Not ports and Indies.

Sony need more exclusive developers for the long haul. The indy market is just that, compliant with international trade of course :).

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#70 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@alcapello: bottom line? Their abandoning of vita isn't "for gamers". Proof that they like any other company doesn't care about us

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

To be honest I just think it is a in a market at a time when handhelds do many many things. To get people to purchase said handheld where its mainstay is gaming is very difficult. Its an already flooded market of mobile devices whether its a tablet, phone, or ultrabook, gaming handhelds just really don't have a chance. Smart phones with the huge market of $1 games and free to play that take up no space coupled with the capability to make a phone call, text message, and have the abundance of other apps, places a huge counter weight one whatever the vita or 3DS attempts to bring to the table. Its the market more than the device itself. Its just bad timing, and really its probably the end for vita and the 3ds itself. They will either have to become a smart phone or just say goodbye. There is no real place for them at this time.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#72 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

VITA means Death

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

The Vita is for people who like Japanese games (which is pretty much what every "traditional" handheld has been anyway.) and Indie games on the go. Sony put their currently relevant biggest franchises on the Vita already and that's that. They didn't even do that well because people don't want scaled down Playstation IP's. Nintendo conditioned their fanbase from the beginning to play their IP's on both console and handheld, Sony didn't. Only IP's you'll be seeing on the Vita are what Sony Japan does like Freedom Wars and Oreshika.

The dedicated handheld market is dying day by day anyway (Nintendo has one more handheld cycle left maximum) as more people switch to mobile so, it's really not worth it for Sony to invest millions on big games like Killzone Mercenary anymore.

If you don't like it don't buy a Vita or sell your system because it's not changing.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

i would buy one ifi t were around 100 bucks the specs suck and the memory is expensive