How many of you would be fine with nintendo focusing solely on handhelds?

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
me, considering they are utter sh!t with their console business... Godtendo is only good for handhelds Godny is only good for consoles.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
Would I be fine with it, yeah, but I don't think it will happen, and I like Nintendo consoles, and I'm sure the wii u will pick up by the end if this year.
omarissac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 omarissac
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts

Nintendo's been irrevelant for 90% of 25+ year old gamers for a while now. The Wii was a flash in a pan, and it looks like the Wii-U is going to crash and burn hard. Even my little cousins that are under 10 have sworn off Nintendo for MS/Sony.

Ninty needs to take there queue from Sega and bow out, becoming a third party developer for the big dogs MS and Sony. I personally would love to play a Mario/Zelda on my PS4.

Boddicker

lol i agree with this, nintendo is done after the wii, the damage has been done, you can't release a console with lastgen graphics, no online and no third party support and expect gamers to come back, its over for them, wii only sold cause of motion controls not because of nintendo games.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Honestly I do't think their handheld market is as safe as it used to be either.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

[QUOTE="KillaCattle"]Nintendo needs to get back to what made them great in the first place. Stop releasing gimmicky consoles and create worthwhile games that can appeal to both the hardcore and the casuals. Casual gamers are too fickle to base your entire business on, Microsoft will soon learn this if they try to push kinect with the Nextbox. Right now tablets and smartphones has engrossed most of casual gamers and I'm not sure if having a standalone gaming device as the center product will help them in the future years to come.Madmangamer364

I agree with the first sentence and first sentence only. What is ironic is that many say that Nintendo needs to go back to its roots, while not realizing exactly what Nintendo's roots are. The "hardcore/casual" stigmas have become so ingrained into the industry's dictionary, it has lost sight of the common denominators that have made all of Nintendo's most successful system what they are. The NES, GameBoy, DS, and Wii, while years apart, were all cut from the same philosophical cloth, and that's Nintendo expanding the market through innovative gaming concepts designed to ease newcomers into the fold, while still being pratical enough for more experienced players. And as the industry continues to focus on only becoming more complex and catered to a very specific audience, this is where Nintendo will always have a place in the console and handheld market, as they can be that very reasonable and viable alternative, doing what it has historically done best. However, Nintendo has to actually stick with that gameplan, which it hasn't done the past few years.

People see Nintendo's golden days as the SNES, when that was actually when Nintendo started to take a step backwards. Games become more 'advanced,' while Nintendo's market began to shrink and competitors began to outmanuver Nintendo in areas where the company could never excel. The Wii U follows that downward approach, but not because of "gimmicks" or "casual gamers." If anything, the Wii U isn't innovative or accessible enough as we speak, and Nintendo simply can't hope to beat Sony and Microsoft at their own high-priced games. That's why third party support for the Wii U is already in such a pitiful state. Not to mention that what existing Nintendo consumers demand from gaming experiences and what the rest of the industry offer doesn't mesh together very well. Still, it's not so much the matter of people moving on to smartphones and tablets as much as it is that Nintendo has made some bad moves over the past few years handling its systems that just haven't interested anyone enough outside the diehard Nintendo fan.

So yeah, Nintendo consoles still have a place... but not with a Wii U-like approach in mind.

I'm glad there's someone else out there that gets why the wiiu is a bad move for nintendo. The wii was so successful because of this blue-ocean strategy, but nintendo for some unkown reason just jumped right back into red waters. And that's fine if they had made a machine as powerful as the PS4, but they didn't. There's nothing wrong with a machine like the wiiu in this day and age, but it's got to be cheap, accessable, have a super firendly AI, and really should have either focused on a new wiimote, or something else that changes the way people think about games. The gamepad just doesn't cut it. 

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#106 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
No because the handheld versions of their games suck when compared to the console version of their games. Outside of Advance Wars and Pokemon I would argue the consoles have usually had the best versions of Nintendos main franchises between Metroid-Zelda-Mario- Smash Bros- to even stuff like Fire Emblem(Path of Radiance is dope and there is no reason a console Fire Emblem wouldn't be legit), Starfox, Fzero, Sin and Punishment, etc. Nintendo just needs to get their sh1t together. Plus eww handhelds.
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

I would be happier if they made there next games for the next PS and Xbox. 

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#108 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I would be happier if they made there next games for the next PS and Xbox. 

AM-Gamer
Definitely would love Nintendo as a third party pub/dev. They'd be so boss.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#109 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

I would hate it. 

Honestly I'd prefer the absolute opposite and have them drop the handhelds and focus on the consoles. Because lets face it every game on the handhelds could have been done better on the consoles...The WiiU is basically a big 3DS at this point.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
No, i want them to stay its better for competition but for me to consider a Nintendo console they gotta drop their sh*tty gameplay>graphics and bring both for once cuz i haven't see this happening since GC.
Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

No I wouldn't be fine :( .. I would be sick actually .. Let there be more competition, so having WiiU/720/PS4 is a good thing for the industry :)

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Only if it's a supremely powerful handheld and can do the reverse of the Wii U and stream the image to your TV.  

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#113 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts
Never. Absolutely, positively, undoubtably, undeniably, inarguably, definitively, 100%, NO. No, no, no, no, no. I don't care if Nintendo makes games only for its handhelds, but the moment they remove the ability to play them on my big screen TV with my stereo setup (by not allowing a TV hookup) will be the day I stop playing their games. I'd like to say they wouldn't be so stupid as to do this, but given their recent choices I can't rule out the possibility. If they do, I'm truly done with them.
FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts
im not into handheld gaming, so No.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#115 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

The way Nintendo is handling the 3DS (and of course the game Fire Emblem Awakening) I'd say Nintendo's Mobile future is the brightest.

They should up it up in their Console department.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

I think their next system should be a handheld that would also connect to the TV screen and they should focus completely on it.

But it's too early to speak about.

They have to push the WiiU first.

It's possbile we will see something like that already with the WiiU, if the tech advanced enough that they can stuff the hardware in the controller.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Not ideal for me.

I want my AAA 3D Zelda on consoles and my gamey, overview handheld Zelda. 

Then there's the question of local multiplayer gaming. Nintendo Land is my favorite game of last year and there is nothing like it on the market.

Ultimately I would survive since franchises like Mario Kart, Smash, Animal Crossing etc. work on both formats. Also it would be the end of drought periods and it not have to depend on the few 3rd parties that are left as much. But there are too many drawbacks.