Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@AK_the_Twilight: good post.

i wonder why kingdom's of amalur wasn't an impetus for change.

Avatar image for AK_the_Twilight
AK_the_Twilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 152

#52 AK_the_Twilight
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

@CrownKingArthur: I wish Kingdoms of Amular succeeded. What an underrated game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Longer than this thread is discontinued.... :p

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

Console multiplats drive this industry. Your comment was stupid so I understand why you put lol in front of it...but it was still stupid.

I was talking about quality. And as it happens, multiplats are almost always superior and best played on PC. So what I was saying could basically be translated to... "why play multiplats on consoles when a superior alternative exists?". You might argue that PCs are too expensive but if someone bought a shiny new XOne or PS4, said person could afford a PC as well, they aren't that expensive.

@charizard1605 said:

Nobody buys a Vita, the system is still great.

Sales=/=how good a system is.

Hell yeah, as a matter of fact, as someone who practically only plays on a PC nowadays. The Wii U and Vita are the only systems right now that interest me right now.

Of course, I am sure you already knew this ;) (still contemplating on which one to buy this summer).

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

I say that in 2016 the next Nintendo console will come out.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

Nope. More exclusives yes, more games no.

As a matter of fact, based on the sheer technicality of the Wii U having launched a year before PS4 and Xbox One, the Wii U does have more games (and more exclusives as well) than the PS4 and Xbox One.

Yeah, my bad. Phrased that poorly. When you include all the last gen ports, it does have more games total. I tend not to count those mentally, like i didn't count HD collections on PS3, or early PS2 ports to 360. But they still do exist.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@AK_the_Twilight said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Maroxad said:

Considering the fact that there are upcoming games for it that are still TBA, I doubt it will be discontinued anytime soon.

@locopatho said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@ps4hasnogames:

LOL Wii U should be discontinued? it has more in the way of games to offer right now than X-1 and PS4.

Actually, the Wii U has both more exclusives and games atm that scored 75 or above on Metacritic (can't be bothered to check on GS atm).

Not to mention, lolconsolemultiplats.

Console multiplats drive this industry. Your comment was stupid so I understand why you put lol in front of it...but it was still stupid.

Hey, guess what? The industry is approaching a crash because of the sky-high budgets of multi-plats.

After the game they spent dozens of hours per week working on breaks a million copies sold in a week, developers are still likely to be laid off. We lost so many great studios because of that. The lack of job security is scaring away new talent from entering the game development field over another technical field like basic computer programming or software management. The huge AAA budgets killed off B games, and with no new talent, we're getting multi-platform games every year with little to no change or innovation. Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and Battlefield prove it.

Indies are the ones who are thriving. They have less to lose, so they can afford to experiment and make cool new ideas. That's why Nintendo and Sony are accommodating them: the indies are gaining popularity and exposure while the AAA games are killing themselves off.

So, no, multiplats do not drive this industry. They're killing it.

I like indies, but the day they become the focus of gaming industry is the day I quit gaming for good(or just play games on my phone occasionally).

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 StrongBlackVine

@Maroxad said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

I was talking about quality. And as it happens, multiplats are almost always superior and best played on PC. So what I was saying could basically be translated to... "why play multiplats on consoles when a superior alternative exists?". You might argue that PCs are too expensive but if someone bought a shiny new XOne or PS4, said person could afford a PC as well, they aren't that expensive.

Four of my most anticipated multi-platform games of this generation will not even be available on PC(MGSV, FFXV, KH3 and Destiny). That is just one reason for many to choose a console over a PC. There are more factors than just which platform has best versions of multiplats or mods.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Not for a long time. If Nintendo's smart, they are using the time the Wii U is giving them to undergo some major internal changes to make sure they don't stumble out of the gate on all fronts given their next attempt.

IF Nintendo's smart, that is. That's what I'm afraid of. History has shown otherwise.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Lulu_Lulu

@StrongBlackVine

Don't Kid yourself..... theres absolutely nothing that the PC cannot do that consoles can.....

Thats why Sony focuses on Exclusives..... Its not one of the many reasons to own a console..... ITS THE ONLY REASON ! and it pales in comparson to the out of this world sh!t that PC can do because its an Open Platform not limited by Sony and Microsoft's Bullsh!t.

And for those of Us who are not Fanboys... We don't like forking over $400 to buy the exact same type of hardware just for the privilage of playing Exclusives.......

Even Manticores know that..... but they're rich... so forget'em.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 locopatho

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@StrongBlackVine

Thats why Sony focuses on Exclusives..... Its not one of the many reasons to own a console..... ITS THE ONLY REASON !

Lie.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@ps4hasnogames:

The better question to ask if when the PS4 will get some games that can't be played on my Ipad??? Better yet, when the will the PS4 get some games?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Lulu_Lulu

@locopatho

Ignorance is Bliss.... You don't know the hell us normal gamers have to deal with.... The stupid shit developers say (that even they don't believe) for why they think going exclusive is better........ "Well the PS4 is much more powerfull so we can......." BULLSHIT ! If they wanted Power the PC has been there for years now and they imply that the XBox One and Nintendo are weaker than a Bag of Rocks in Comparison, as if it were actually impossible to just to tweak the game ever so slightly that it can be played on all platforms..... "Bb..bu...but teh DownGrade" ........ *Sigh*..... Seriously I envy you fanboys...... I wish I could think (or to be more accurate. Be Thoughtless) like you. :(

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 locopatho

@Lulu_Lulu said:

*bitch rant*

Or ya know, you could try playing local multiplayer split screen on PC? You know, that thing consoles can do but PC almost never does? Consoles have advantages over PC, it's a fact, whining about it won't change that. That's why I have consoles set up next to my PC :3

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Lulu_Lulu

@locopatho

"that thing consoles CAN do but PC almost never DOES?"

Emphasis on the word "CAN" !

You see why I envy your ignorance..... Its Sounds like so much fun !

FYI theres a mod for the PC version of President Evil 5 that unlocks the Split Screen code so two people can co-op in the Same Room..... EXACTLY like the console version.......

Not to mention the 100s of PC Games that come with Splits Screen from the get go.......

Also Nintendo are the only guys who still care about Splits Screen.... Sony and Microsoft have been trying to phaze it out since the begining of the 7th Gen.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By locopatho

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@locopatho

"that thing consoles CAN do but PC almost never DOES?"

Emphasis on the word "CAN" !

You see why I envy your ignorance..... Its Sounds like so much fun !

FYI theres a mod for the PC version of President Evil 5 that unlocks the Split Screen code so two people can co-op in the Same Room..... EXACTLY like the console version.......

Not to mention the 100s of PC Games that come with Splits Screen from the get go.......

Also Nintendo are the only guys who still care about Splits Screen.... Sony and Microsoft have been trying to phaze it out since the begining of the 7th Gen.

You can live in theoretical pretend land if you want, where you and your 1 to 3 friends look at your single player PC game, happy in the knowledge that they COULD have made it split screen... but didn't.

I don't live in that land.

There are **** all split screen games on PC, so STOP LYING.

Yeah MS hated split screen in the 7th gen so much, that's why Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, Banjo Nuts and Bolts, Project Gotham 3 and 4, Forza 2,3,4,+Horizon, Halo 3, ODST, Reach,+4, Gears 1,2,3+Judgement, Fable 2,3, (aka just about every fucking game they released) ALL ALLOWED LOCAL MULTIPLAYER.

STOP. LYING.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Lulu_Lulu

@locopatho

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_Local_Multiplayer_Games

Seriously.... I Envy you ! I bet you're your enjoying yourself right now ! I'm way to self consious to be that ignorant. Also that list is Pretty light (Exclusives)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Lulu_Lulu

Also if you want to educate yourself then- Aaaahhhhh who am I kidding.... We both know you don't care. But if you did checkout

www.co-optimus.com/games.php

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

@locopatho: it still has more games lol. It released a year earlier. All xbone and ps4 released with were upscaled last gen games also

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#70 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@bbkkristian: Yeah, about a million + other people are also enjoying Mario Kart.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#71  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Unable to say, considering the recent resurgence of sales based around the release of Mario Kart 8 (as I predicted).

Wow, you predicted a franchise with 100 million sales would push some hardware units? You should sign up for Gaf and become an insider.

You'd be surprised how many people in late 2013 were telling me I was completely wrong and it was impossible for it to happen.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 locopatho

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@locopatho

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_Local_Multiplayer_Games

Seriously.... I Envy you ! I bet you're your enjoying yourself right now ! I'm way to self consious to be that ignorant. Also that list is Pretty light (Exclusives)

Translation: "DERP DERP DERP I'M RIGHT LOL".

Dumbfuck.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Lulu_Lulu

@locopatho

LOL.... Microsoft reached into your skull and gave the Logical/Rational side of your brain a Massive Wedgy ! :p

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Lulu_Lulu

@locopatho

LOL.... Microsoft reached into your skull and gave the Logical/Rational side of your brain a Massive Wedgy ! :p

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

They can't possibly hold out any longer than 2016 ...

ocidax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ocidax
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

Right now. Nintendo dominating Japan, Sony US and Europe. Microsoft....Nada. (And looks like the Wii U is going to sell more than the Xbox One this Month worldwide) Thats Wii U=0% for the next 4 years, and 25% for the Xbox One. My opinion.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#77 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

PS4 has no game :(

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#78 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@ocidax said:

Right now. Nintendo dominating Japan, Sony US and Europe. Microsoft....Nada. (And looks like the Wii U is going to sell more than the Xbox One this Month worldwide) Thats Wii U=0% for the next 4 years, and 25% for the Xbox One. My opinion.

lol the xbox basically already caught up or surpassed wii u sales. wii u is dead.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#79  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Just once I'd like a console with both Nintendo First Party and Big Blockbuster 3rd party titles.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#80  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@ocidax said:

lol the xbox basically already caught up or surpassed wii u sales. wii u is dead.

The last time we got an update related tohe xbox one's ltd it was around 4.5 million sold and 5 million shipped.The WiiU is probably at 6.3-6.4 million right now.

ocidax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ocidax
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: You are so wrong. Past Week Sales World Wide. 200k PS4>>180K WiiU>> 60k X1. And LTD 8 Millions PS4 >> 6.4 Millions Wii U>>4.5 X1. Check your facts,

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#82 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

It will be at least until they actually have a console to release. They may make dumb ideological decisions but the hardware itself is usually solid and the most stable of the three companys, so I would assume they will not rush the new console whether good or bad.

And contrary to what the TC said if they just pull the plug now they will lose a lot of sales in the future. I know this is the first Ninty console I have bought soley for myself since the SNES so if they pull the plug now I will never buy anything from them again.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 PS4hasNOgames

@ocidax said:

@ps4hasnogames: You are so wrong. Past Week Sales World Wide. 200k PS4>>180K WiiU>> 60k X1. And LTD 8 Millions PS4 >> 6.4 Millions Wii U>>4.5 X1. Check your facts,

don't go by weekly sales, fact is, dreamcast sold twice as much as wii u during the same point in its lifetime. 1 game a year isn't going to do anything for wii u especially how most 3rd parties have abandoned the wii u because they can't make games work on their weak hardware.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#85  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Wii died in 5 years even with 100+ million sales and millions of profits for Nintendo while it was on life support its last 2.

Wii U ... well ... 2 more years and its out if nothing maj0r happens this year.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Maroxad

@StrongBlackVine said:

That is just one reason for many to choose a console over a PC. There are more factors than just which platform has best versions of multiplats or mods.

Too bad we were talking about console versions of multiplats here. Which are inferior to PC multiplats, which offer far more choice, better graphics, (usually) better online and sometimes even allow mod support. As for those games you listed, outside of MGSV none of those look any good, especially not Destiny from that gameplay footage.

And yes, there are more factors, such as exclusives, it is a shame the PS4 exclusives are laughably bad and the XOne exclusives arent looking that hot either, as a matter of fact, a PC port of one of the XOne's games got recently confirmed.

This does not even get into the fact that you don't have to pay to play online unless you are talking about MMORPGs. So yes lolconsolemultiplats.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

You Wii-U haters seem to forget alot of big plus's the Wii-U has over X-1 and PS4, such as............

No danger of forced DRM

Complete backwards compatibility with all Wii games

No fees what so ever for online play

No mandatory game installs

All these, and more games to play on the Wii-U is more than reason enough to keep me playing on the Wii-U over the others for a long time to come.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@Maroxad said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

That is just one reason for many to choose a console over a PC. There are more factors than just which platform has best versions of multiplats or mods.

Too bad we were talking about console versions of multiplats here. Which are inferior to PC multiplats, which offer far more choice, better graphics, (usually) better online and sometimes even allow mod support. As for those games you listed, outside of MGSV none of those look any good, especially not Destiny from that gameplay footage.

And yes, there are more factors, such as exclusives, it is a shame the PS4 exclusives are laughably bad and the XOne exclusives arent looking that hot either, as a matter of fact, a PC port of one of the XOne's games got recently confirmed.

This does not even get into the fact that you don't have to pay to play online unless you are talking about MMORPGs. So yes lolconsolemultiplats.

So you are judging PS4 by the exclusives in the first year? I see you have a Mario avatar. I guess Wii U wasn't owning the first year? Also I'm content with having second best version of every game as well as the best exclusives(in my opinion). Your hermit brothers are already crying and port begging for Project Beast. Wii U is trash and I would never buy a console for a handful of excuses. Also that is your minority opinion that Destiny, FFXV and KH3 don't look good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Such a shame as its exclusives destroy the next gen crap so far....

I still think nintendo should bite the bullet and go third party.

Give me Smash bros on PSN please... with ps4 graphics... or hell eevn better, PC!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Maroxad

@MBirdy88 I certainly wouldnt mind a moddable Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros. Gief PC version.

@StrongBlackVine said:

So you are judging PS4 by the exclusives in the first year? I see you have a Mario avatar. I guess Wii U wasn't owning the first year? Also I'm content with having second best version of every game as well as the best exclusives(in my opinion). Your hermit brothers are already crying and port begging for Project Beast. Wii U is trash and I would never buy a console for a handful of excuses. Also that is your minority opinion that Destiny, FFXV and KH3 don't look good.

What you fail to realize is that the PS4 isnt competing with the Wii U of one year ago. It is competing with the Wii U as it is now. And while I am sure there has been some crying by a minority of hermits, most don't care.

And minority in destiny? The entire internet was in an uproar after seeing more footage of Destiny. The game became pretty much a laughing stock. As for FFXV and KH3, when was the last good KH game? And Square has shown incredible incompetance for quite a while now, what makes you think FFXV and KH3 will be good when their newer games have been constantly met with hordes of criticism from the gaming community.

You are entitled to your own opinions. But so far, the PS4 exclusives so far have all been all flash no substance, and outside of Project Beast, there is not a single PS4 game that interests me. The damage control from The Order makes it look even less desirable than it already looked before. But we shall see what happens for the PS4 after E3, but so far it is not looking good, with only one noteworthy exclusive release this year. The Wii U trumps the PS4 in exclusives and the PC trumps the PS4, Wii U and XOne combined, hell Star Citizen alone looks more compelling than the entire PS4 library, and this does not get into other games like Elite, Original Sin and Legacy of the Void.

As for the mario avatar, it is an inside joke. I don't have a Wii U yet, but I am considering getting either a Wii U or a Vita. Since Unlike the PS4, those actually have games I want to play.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@Maroxad said:

@MBirdy88 I certainly wouldnt mind a moddable Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros. Gief PC version.

@StrongBlackVine said:

What you fail to realize is that the PS4 isnt competing with the Wii U of one year ago. It is competing with the Wii U as it is now. And while I am sure there has been some crying by a minority of hermits, most don't care.

And minority in destiny? The entire internet was in an uproar after seeing more footage of Destiny. The game became pretty much a laughing stock. As for FFXV and KH3, when was the last good KH game? And Square has shown incredible incompetance for quite a while now, what makes you think FFXV and KH3 will be good when their newer games have been constantly met with hordes of criticism from the gaming community.

You are entitled to your own opinions. But so far, the PS4 exclusives so far have all been all flash no substance, and outside of Project Beast, there is not a single PS4 game that interests me. The damage control from The Order makes it look even less desirable than it already looked before. But we shall see what happens for the PS4 after E3, but so far it is not looking good, with only one noteworthy exclusive release this year. The Wii U trumps the PS4 in exclusives and the PC trumps the PS4, Wii U and XOne combined, hell Star Citizen alone looks more compelling than the entire PS4 library, and this does not get into other games like Elite, Original Sin and Legacy of the Void.

As for the mario avatar, it is an inside joke. I don't have a Wii U yet, but I am considering getting either a Wii U or a Vita. Since Unlike the PS4, those actually have games I want to play.

People bought PS4s because they know the games are coming. I know launches are always light on exclusive content and I'm more than will the Fall slate of games. If Wii U has so many great games then why is it selling like shit?

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 StrongBlackVine

@Maroxad said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

People bought PS4s because they know the games are coming. If Wii U has so many great games then why is it selling like shit?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Maroxad

@StrongBlackVine said:

People bought PS4s because they know the games are coming. If Wii U has so many great games then why is it selling like shit?

Marketing, hype, negative stigma from its launch, public confusion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#94 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Nintendo plans on supporting it another 2 to 3 years at least. They've said as much, and that's actually the right decision for them considering not supporting it would seriously damage their reputation. Unlike Sega, Nintendo actually has a source of income on their portables and first party games that help it out immensely during trying times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Maroxad said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

People bought PS4s because they know the games are coming. I know launches are always light on exclusive content and I'm more than will the Fall slate of games. If Wii U has so many great games then why is it selling like shit?

Greatness awaits, please understand, please wait 2 years and pay £350 now. please subscribe to PSN+ to play your multiplayer and get indie games. (though dragons crown on vita... awesome... oh wait, not PS4 yet again).

Wii U isn't failing because of its games... its failing for varied other reasons. meanwhile waitstation and xwait sell in hordes and all you can play is high graphic cod and battlefield and a few other lesser titles. hell, the PS4 is already the "bro gamer" machine of this next generation.... every chav under the sun is playing fifa, cod or watch dogs on it.

but yea, keep saying PC gamers are begging.... that little dellusional world of yours makes me laugh. you peasants fight by all means, but don't pretend to have any real leg up over PC. a handful of graphic whoring "AAA" PS titles doesn't cut the cake for those that actually like deep competitive/complex games.... something your bro gamer ps4 crowd don't get.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#96 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Another 1.5 years.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#97  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Not until the next Nintendo console comes out.

Avatar image for AK_the_Twilight
AK_the_Twilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 152

#98 AK_the_Twilight
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@AK_the_Twilight said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Maroxad said:

Considering the fact that there are upcoming games for it that are still TBA, I doubt it will be discontinued anytime soon.

@locopatho said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@ps4hasnogames:

LOL Wii U should be discontinued? it has more in the way of games to offer right now than X-1 and PS4.

Actually, the Wii U has both more exclusives and games atm that scored 75 or above on Metacritic (can't be bothered to check on GS atm).

Not to mention, lolconsolemultiplats.

Hey, guess what? The industry is approaching a crash because of the sky-high budgets of multi-plats.

After the game they spent dozens of hours per week working on breaks a million copies sold in a week, developers are still likely to be laid off. We lost so many great studios because of that. The lack of job security is scaring away new talent from entering the game development field over another technical field like basic computer programming or software management. The huge AAA budgets killed off B games, and with no new talent, we're getting multi-platform games every year with little to no change or innovation. Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and Battlefield prove it.

Indies are the ones who are thriving. They have less to lose, so they can afford to experiment and make cool new ideas. That's why Nintendo and Sony are accommodating them: the indies are gaining popularity and exposure while the AAA games are killing themselves off.

So, no, multiplats do not drive this industry. They're killing it.

I like indies, but the day they become the focus of gaming industry is the day I quit gaming for good(or just play games on my phone occasionally).

Okay, cool, but you'd have to be insane to ignore the detrimental annual, unevolved releases, the rehashed sequels to military shooters, the saturation of microtransactions to win back money lost on huge budgets, and dearth of innovation in AAA titles. I'm not saying the indies are propping up the entire market, but they aren't causing anywhere near the absurdly high level of damage that multi-platform AAA releases are.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#99  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Maroxad said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

They went for the wrong target audience originally from what I heard. The WiiU is the result of some of the things they were planning since 2008. They were trying to target the teen/young adult market and they got third party publishers to support them to an extent.That is why some PS3/360 games were also released on the WiiU during it's launch period. The WiiU was targeted towards the PS3/360 market.They failed to pay attention to market that bought the DS and Wii and to an extent the market that would buy a next gen console like the PS4 or xbox one. Nintendo's failure to grab the casuals is the biggest reason to why the WiiU is failing.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 PS4hasNOgames

@super600 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Maroxad said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

They went for the wrong target audience originally from what I heard. The WiiU is the result of some of the things they were planning since 2008. They were trying to target the teen/young adult market and they got third party publishers to support them to an extent.That is why some PS3/360 games were also released on the WiiU during it's launch period. The WiiU was targeted towards the PS3/360 market.They failed to pay attention to market that bought the DS and Wii and to an extent the market that would buy a next gen console like the PS4 or xbox one. Nintendo's failure to grab the casuals is the biggest reason to why the WiiU is failing.

they should have just called it the wii 2, they would have sold 20 million off that name alone.