How did Halo 3 achive the same score as Super Mario Galaxy?

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dark-Pain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dark-Pain
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts
Is this a joke. In no way is Halo as innovative, fun, and exicting as Super Mario Galaxy. I mean look at the user scores Halo 3 (8.9) and SMG(9.3). Halo 3 single player is nothing to SMG and if you don't have live the online is usless. COD4 is better anyway.
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

because the review was unbiased had alot of fun and gave it points for some many great features, tune ups and awesomness.

ps user scores? lol do know how many ppl mark a game for being bad because its exclusive like a game halo, i believe halo is the number 1 hated game by fanboys.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts

dude

fps vs a platformer.

fanboys need to just stfu already. scores are scores.

you cant compare mgs4 to smg when it comes to scores. there different games

if you want to argue a score comparision it should be on multiplats

iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts

THEY ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GENRES! Gamespot reviewed them according to that, and why you woulkd even compare them is just silly.

lvgaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lvgaming
Member since 2006 • 739 Posts

Hype and large fan base, people are scared to upset the majority party. I am still trying to figure out how GTA4 received a 10?

Bentham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bentham
Member since 2008 • 1154 Posts
You're comparing apples to oranges. Reviews don't work like that.
Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts

The question should be how did SMG achieve that score.

I thought SMG was crap, tbh. Just like every other 3d mario. Bring back 2d mario games already Nintendo.

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

How did mario galaxy get 9.5? its short, pathetic story, rehashed characters, all it had was graphics and "Oh looks I R MOONWALKING".

Nostalgia wins again.

iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts

I thought SMG was crap, tbh. Just like every other 3d mario. Bring back 2nd mario games already Nintendo.

Tykain

Paper Mario?

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#10 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I don't know it is probably because it has online play.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I thought SMG was crap, tbh. Just like every other 3d mario. Bring back 2nd mario games already Nintendo.

Tykain

SMG and Crap in the same sentence!?

What?

Just kidding. Your opinion, though, I must say, I disagree.

Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
[QUOTE="Tykain"]

Haziqonfire

SMG and Crap in the same sentence!?

What?

Just kidding. Your opinion, though, I must say, I disagree.

I'm exagerating, of course. It got great reviews everywhere and many people love the game, so it can't be that bad. But personaly i stoped enjoying mario games ever since it went 3d and SMG was no exception. But i loved mario on the NES and SNES.

Avatar image for the_dark-knight
the_dark-knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_dark-knight
Member since 2007 • 455 Posts

Hype...

BELIEVE

mephisto_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mephisto_11
Member since 2008 • 1880 Posts
user scores mean nothing when website are overrun by fanboys. this site is full of cows
JakeTD21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 JakeTD21
Member since 2007 • 1631 Posts

Hype...

BELIEVE

the_dark-knight

Haha same is Obama's

Avatar image for the_dark-knight
the_dark-knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_dark-knight
Member since 2007 • 455 Posts

user scores mean nothing when website are overrun by fanboys. this site is full of cowsmephisto_11

The majority of System Wars users are 360 fanboys...but the number is becoming more, and more equal.

hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
'not innovative'..: Forge, Theatre, Screenshot taking & sharing, Film recording & sharing, I guess those aren't innovative for a console shooter right?
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

Because it has more content than any console in existance, all of which is produced to a very high quality. :| Also... you cant just ignore the entire online portion of the game "because i dont have live". That makes no sense at all. All of that content is still there; it shouldnt be ignored because you choose not to play online.

It's like saying SMG is useless if you only play online.

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts

Is this a joke. In no way is Halo as innovative, fun, and exicting as Super Mario Galaxy. I mean look at the user scores Halo 3 (8.9) and SMG(9.3). Halo 3 single player is nothing to SMG and if you don't have live the online is usless. COD4 is better anyway. Dark-Pain

Nope, not a joke at all. Your opinion=nothing:)

Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts

The user score comment made me laugh. How many fakeboy cows have given Halo 3 a zero? Exactly. The Halo series takes more flak than any other game, so I wouldn't use an anonymous scoring system on a game site that attracts fanboys to judge its quality.

Also, Halo 3's lasting appeal >>>>>>>>>>>>> SMG's: Forge, lots of maps, lots of gametypes, different playlists every weekend, etc.

proud722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 proud722
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

Is this a joke. In no way is Halo as innovative, fun, and exicting as Super Mario Galaxy. I mean look at the user scores Halo 3 (8.9) and SMG(9.3). Halo 3 single player is nothing to SMG and if you don't have live the online is usless. COD4 is better anyway. Dark-Pain

Will start with smg doesn't have multiplayer. But really heres why. Does that prove halo 3 should have got a the same score? Not necessarily but it does prove why smg is not as great a platformer as its made out to be.

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

[QUOTE="mephisto_11"]user scores mean nothing when website are overrun by fanboys. this site is full of cowsthe_dark-knight

The majority of System Wars users are 360 fanboys...but the number is becoming more, and more equal.

lol no, have u seen polls thro the last months all ps3 related thing wins, wins, wins if there were more lemmings u'd think the 360 would win those polls.
-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 -Wheels-
Member since 2005 • 3137 Posts
Different people, different genres, different games. Get over it.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

lol, opinion.

PapaJohn24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 PapaJohn24
Member since 2005 • 871 Posts
SMG fun? Right... That lasted about an hour. Waggling your hand around and making jumps that are restricted by the camera got boring very quickly. Halo 3 was a complete package. Addictive multiplayer, map editor, theatre mode, screenshots, as well as a rock-solid campaign that ended the storyline nicely.
DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DuDisNow
Member since 2007 • 2741 Posts
I say, next time think about playing both games.
Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Metsvideogame
Member since 2008 • 1145 Posts

I guess SMG graphics for 3 year olds kinda hurt it.

smartcriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 smartcriminal
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts
I am a PS3 user and even i can see why Halo 3 deserved its score. I stopped enjoying mario after the SNEs. to me the Wii has the most crap games this generation, sure sport is fun for a few hours but after that what is there, i hate the mario and usual nintendo charecters
EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

Since your into comparing apples to oranges. How does a game like Mario score as well as Halo? There is no REAL multiplayer online or off. No free levels to download to keep things fresh. No theatre mode where you can save your battles then show to all your friends how well or poorly you did. Worst of all there is no level editor. SMG is just another M64 with a new paint job, nothing original in it.

By the way In my house we use splitscreen multiplayer online AND offline all the time. So stating that multiplayer is useless without live is a false statement just like everything else you said.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
smg is just as much as a rehash as halo is
proud722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 proud722

smg is just as much as a rehash as halo isVendettaRed07

:o:shock::cry::cry::D

sorry hearing the truths just got me all emotional :P

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#33 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Say what you want, but do you honestly think there are even half as many people still playing Super Mario Galaxy who got it at launch?

Halo is a very polished shooter that provides you with an infinite amount of things to do.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#34 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

[QUOTE="mephisto_11"]user scores mean nothing when website are overrun by fanboys. this site is full of cowsthe_dark-knight

Yeah, but Halo gets alot of hate naturally. Youll have some topic completly unrelated to halo here, and someone will find an excuse to get a crack at Halo.

You'll even get user reviews that rate 5 and below which is really only number meant for games that are broken and near unplayable which is just stupid.

-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts
Because game critics seem to have been drawn into the recent trend that multiplayer can pick up the slack for a mediocre single player experience the same as game developers.
user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts

Halo has 33,000 user scores.. SMG has 11,000

Halo gets bashed by people who have never played it everyday.. do you really think user scores are a good way of judging anything?

proud722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 proud722
[QUOTE="the_dark-knight"]

[QUOTE="mephisto_11"]user scores mean nothing when website are overrun by fanboys. this site is full of cowsvashkey

Yeah, but Halo gets alot of hate naturally. Youll have some topic completly unrelated to halo here, and someone will find an excuse to get a crack at Halo.

You'll even get user reviews that rate 5 and below which is really only number meant for games that are broken and near unplayable which is just stupid.

Its unfortunate but I think the hate for the fans transfers onto the game. You have to admit when halo 3 was coming some people acted like they were releasing god, over hype and over rating a series really in the end doesn't do it alot of good.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

Halo gets bashed by people who have never played it everyday.. do you really think user scores are a good way of judging anything?

user_nat

Also, 10% of users who have rated Halo 3 have rated it "abysmal", or given it a zero.

RacoonusDoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39 RacoonusDoodus
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts
GS scores are not meant to be compared. Trust me.
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
[QUOTE="user_nat"]

Ninja-Hippo

Also, 10% of users who have rated Halo 3 have rated it "abysmal", or given it a zero.

i assume those are haters? Shameful.
SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

The majority of 360 owners have XBL, that's the whole point of owning one. CoD4 is V short without live. I don't particulaly like Halo MP, but I love co-op and still play it with my son. We just started the trilogy again.

Once you've got all the stars on SMG (which isn't that hard), what else is there to do?

Avatar image for LinKuei_warrior
LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 LinKuei_warrior
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
the marketing for that thing speaks for itself
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

Who are you to try and say that Halo 3 isn't fun and exciting? I agree SMG is fun and exciting, but Halo 3 is one of those games where you will always find alot of people to play with. I mean look at Halo 2; the MP still isn't dead...Saying COD4 is better is all opinion and yours isn't that important as anyone else's here. Halo 3 not innovative? Where else will you find a console FPS that has so much features to use? Forge, Taking screens from your online sessions, and making your own videos in the game?

I know the hate will never stop for Halo 3, but man...Halo 3 has a massive Hate resistance barrier up and you certainly will not be able to penetrate it just yet my friend.

flapjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 flapjean
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts

I think the real question is how did SMG get a high score? Its fun for maybe a day unless you're 12 Halo is just fun.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#45 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Because game critics seem to have been drawn into the recent trend that multiplayer can pick up the slack for a mediocre single player experience the same as game developers.-The-G-Man-

For the record, I think Halo 3's single player experience was far more than mediocre. No, it wasn't revolutionary, no it wasn't innovative and as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't need to be.

And what's wrong with the multiplayer "picking up the slack"? Is it not a very large aspect of the game? Is it not something that many people are expecting to be good? Bungie should put large amounts of their resources into making it as good as it can be and I believe they achieved that. It may have been outshined by Call of Duty 4 but it still features a great deal of content and customizabilty for practically any type of gamer (Grifball and Rocket Race are my two favorite multiplayer modes over Slayer or any of its variants, just saying)

So yeah, in my opinion Halo 3 deserved its score. It was a very high quality game and I don't feel multiplayer should be glossed over or excluded in this or any discussion concerning its quality.

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#46 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts
Honestly, I could never get into Super Mario Galaxy. Had a lot of fun with Halo though.
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
You know...I liked halo 3 more than SMG :S, but you can't compare a platformer to a fps.
barneyalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 barneyalfonso
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts
how long is smg anyway at an average? I saw this place at a mall that lets you play wii per hour and it has SMG, i could go there and finish it in one day, if that's possible of course... is it?
ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
2 very different games but I do agree that Halo 3 should have gotten a lower score. Very dissapointing IMO.
flapjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 flapjean
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts

how long is smg anyway at an average? I saw this place at a mall that lets you play wii per hour and it has SMG, i could go there and finish it in one day, if that's possible of course... is it?barneyalfonso

Start to finnish if you never played 12h I'd give it a 8 its a good kids game but nothing more.