How did Halo 3 achive the same score as Super Mario Galaxy?

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

dude

fps vs a platformer.

fanboys need to just stfu already. scores are scores.

you cant compare mgs4 to smg when it comes to scores. there different games

if you want to argue a score comparision it should be on multiplats

xbox360isgr8t

QFMFT.

unfortunately, this is the way it must be here.

2 totally different games.

I tell you this much: I haven't touched Galaxy since i finished it in a week. Still messing around with Halo 3 to this day.

Which game did I get my monies worth out of?

TheEndBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#104 TheEndBoss
Member since 2007 • 856 Posts
Uh....because Super Mario Galaxy is a great game and so is Halo?
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
[QUOTE="xbox360isgr8t"]

dude

fps vs a platformer.

Dreams-Visions

QFMFT.

I tell you this much: I haven't touched Galaxy since i finished it in a week. Still messing around with Halo 3 to this day.

I agree with your post but what does the M in QFMT stand for :?
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="xbox360isgr8t"]

dude

fps vs a platformer.

angelkimne

QFMFT.

I agree with your post but what does the M in QFMT stand for :?

Quoted for m***** f***ing truth

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#107 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Well COD4 had an exellent thrillride linear singleplayer, that was very well crafted (althought it had some hiccups here and there). Its multiplayer was also exellent. Honestly I think Halo 3s score should have been closer to COD4s.. Its multiplayer is strong - i honestly think its better for the console platform, however its singleplayer is knowhere as good, and its extra features really dont propell it to make up for the singleplayer department. A game doesent need a multiplayer component, or a singleplayer component and loads of features ect. to be a very compelling and exellent game.skrat_01

sorry for the late response skrat.

I completely agree with that last part you wrote. A game doesn't need multiplayer and all that extra stuff in order to be good. but both COD4 and Halo3 have SP and MP, and on top of that, halo3 has the extra stuff like forge and theather too.

you may think it isn't all that compared to other games that have done this before, but it does the job just fine and people make some awesome maps and footage. Just look at all those youtube movies of crazy kills and whatnot. That wouldnt be possible without the features that game has.

I'm just saying, overhyped or not(I think both games are scoreswise), I think halo3's score is fine where it is compared to COD's.

youngtongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 youngtongue
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts

Look I went through the entire Halo 3 campaign with my friend it wasn't good. Halo 3 was and still is a disappointment.

Played SMG I liked it but I was expecting better. Disappointed.

MGS 4 sucked. Terrible. I tried liking the game I really did. Just not my game I can't see how people like it. I really don't.

GTA 4. No just no. I really thought it would be better. Not bad but I still like san andreas better.

Overall this generation has been a disappointment for me these games just don't have the quality that they used to have. However one that did impress me was COD 4 unfornately that's only one game.

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#109 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

if it makes you feel better, just remember that SMG got GOTY over Halo 3 .. take that as 'proof' that it was a better game if you want to

though really, just don't bother too much with reviewers .. your own opinion is much more important, why care what others think?

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

if it makes you feel better, just remember that SMG got GOTY over Halo 3 .. take that as 'proof' that it was a better game if you want to

though really, just don't bother too much with reviewers .. your own opinion is much more important, why care what others think?

akif22

Gears of War for the 360 won GOTY over Zelda TP... I guess that makes it a better game... Hell didn't PDZ and Kameo score better than TP..

Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Donkey_Puncher
Member since 2005 • 5083 Posts

Four player co-op, and an exspansive Multiplayer portion that is great.

Come to think of it, how in the hell did SMG get a 9.5? Does anyone still play that game?

BK-Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#112 BK-Sleeper
Member since 2006 • 2686 Posts
C'mon... Halo gets an instant 9.0 because of the name. The last .5 is actual gameplay, graphics, and everything else. (Though the last .5 was well worth it)
mr_mozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 mr_mozilla
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
I'm not gonna pretend I've played either. But I'm just guessing that as a sequel and the end of a great series Halo3 deserves its score even while as an indivicual game it might not had gotten it.
Miss_Wacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Miss_Wacy
Member since 2007 • 1911 Posts

Is this a joke. In no way is Halo as innovative, fun, and exicting as Super Mario Galaxy. I mean look at the user scores Halo 3 (8.9) and SMG(9.3). Halo 3 single player is nothing to SMG and if you don't have live the online is usless. COD4 is better anyway. Dark-Pain

agreed COD 4 is 100 times better then halo 3 imo, SMG is alot better then halo 3 aswell

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts

Is this a joke. In no way is Halo as innovative, fun, and exicting as Super Mario Galaxy. I mean look at the user scores Halo 3 (8.9) and SMG(9.3). Halo 3 single player is nothing to SMG and if you don't have live the online is usless. COD4 is better anyway. Dark-Pain

Halo 3 is an amazing game, who cares if its not a game aimed at jazzy indi freaks who appretiate level design and innovation and other such fruity gimmicks. Its just a generic shooter that sets the bar at the highest of standards. Great fun.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

[QUOTE="Dark-Pain"]Is this a joke. In no way is Halo as innovative, fun, and exicting as Super Mario Galaxy. I mean look at the user scores Halo 3 (8.9) and SMG(9.3). Halo 3 single player is nothing to SMG and if you don't have live the online is usless. COD4 is better anyway. Miss_Wacy

agreed COD 4 is 100 times better then halo 3 imo, SMG is alot better then halo 3 aswell

C'mon.You never even passed Basic Training in Halo 3.

Not exactly giving it a chance.

tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 tarzanell
Member since 2006 • 1503 Posts
Both are great....as stated before, different genres are hard to compare.