Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@xantufrog said:

LOL - I just took the time to watch this. He ends with "if you're a typical console gamer who likes shallow bad games buy this; if you are someone who likes deeper games - if you're a Skyrimer - don't buy it"

What.

The.

F*ck.

He trashes TW3, trashes console gamers and "their" type of game, and then goes on to assert that SKYRIM is a DEEP game. Give me a goddam break. Skyrim has some redeeming qualities, but it is LITERALLY the shallowest of its OWN series of games. It is the poster boy for the wooden interactions and repetitive and generic NPC models and shallow interactions that he makes fun of. There is no element of thoughtful environment traversal, and the combat couldn't be more straightforward and simple. I'm not saying Horizon is BETTER (haven't played it), but Skyrim... look, I realize a lot of people love that game, and I put about 100 hours into it myself. But he picked a pretty bent stick to use as a tentpole for his arguments.

shakes head and wanders off

He actually trashes The Witcher 3 and prefers Skyrim? Holy ****, this dude doesn't know jack ****. :D

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@thepclovingguy said:
@silversix_ said:

@thepclovingguy: Even my ps4 is more powerful than your pc that can handle nothing else but CS:GO and LoL.

In your dream maybe, but in reality your ps4 is a pile of junk compared to my pc.

Your pc is from Walmart so my ps4 wins.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#153 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17454 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@silversix_ said:

@thepclovingguy: Even my ps4 is more powerful than your pc that can handle nothing else but CS:GO and LoL.

In your dream maybe, but in reality your ps4 is a pile of junk compared to my pc.

What are his specs?

I see you guys posting this and im dying to know lol

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 silversix_

@navyguy21 said:
@silversix_ said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@silversix_ said:

What are his specs?

He has an Alienware pre-built that is better at frying eggs than playing games.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

After 11h+ this weekend, yeah very much worth a buy. The combat with large groups of robots or one/two big robost are basically boss fights. They require you to use all of your arsenal (which implies thinking about your approach, at the very least) and using the environment. The combat ends up feeling fun, dynamic and it keeps you on your toes (even the smaller bots can eat you alive if you're not careful).

The world is damn gorgeous, which makes you want to explore it even without any particular goal in mind. Just reaching the top of a hill to get a nice view of the map is rewarding.

The side-missions are varied enough that they don't become chores, even the "map towers" are few, unique and basically 100% optional. Feels great to conquer them though.

It's a damn fun game all in all!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#157  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25034 Posts

@sts106mat said:
@Epak_ said:
@xantufrog said:

LOL - I just took the time to watch this. He ends with "if you're a typical console gamer who likes shallow bad games buy this; if you are someone who likes deeper games - if you're a Skyrimer - don't buy it"

What.

The.

F*ck.

He trashes TW3, trashes console gamers and "their" type of game, and then goes on to assert that SKYRIM is a DEEP game. Give me a goddam break. Skyrim has some redeeming qualities, but it is LITERALLY the shallowest of its OWN series of games. It is the poster boy for the wooden interactions and repetitive and generic NPC models and shallow interactions that he makes fun of. There is no element of thoughtful environment traversal, and the combat couldn't be more straightforward and simple. I'm not saying Horizon is BETTER (haven't played it), but Skyrim... look, I realize a lot of people love that game, and I put about 100 hours into it myself. But he picked a pretty bent stick to use as a tentpole for his arguments.

shakes head and wanders off

He actually trashes The Witcher 3 and prefers Skyrim? Holy ****, this dude doesn't know jack ****. :D

I haven't watched the video, but from what you folks are saying, Its pretty obvious that he likes skyrim, because when playing, he feels immersed, like he exists in that world. I haven't once felt immersed at all yet in horizon.

Horizon has been called an RPG, but there is F*** all RPG from what i have played so far. its as much an RPG as GTAV is.

I have been saying this before the release of this game as being called RPG. and many people bash me for calling it action adventure game. Now im right.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator

@sts106mat said:
@Epak_ said:

I haven't watched the video, but from what you folks are saying, Its pretty obvious that he likes skyrim, because when playing, he feels immersed, like he exists in that world. I haven't once felt immersed at all yet in horizon.

Horizon has been called an RPG, but there is F*** all RPG from what i have played so far. its as much an RPG as GTAV is.

It has some RPG elements (simple level up system that mostly serves as buffer for abilities, side-quests and main-quests + the openness to do them at the same time or at random, stuff to collect, some story-dialogue choices here and there), but yes it's more of an action game set on open world than anything else. Arguably from a functional viewpoint I can see some people calling it an RPG, but it's definitely better described as an action game with RPG elements.

The combat however shits on Skyrim from a mighty mountain. You actually have to try and it naturally forces you to use your entire arsenal. I'd also say the exploration is better, feels a lot more natural and rewarding in and by of itself (though Bethesda does a better job of using the set/world to "tell a story").

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#161  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34740 Posts

Yeah, that Horizon was overhyped and not as good as the first reviews say it is doesn't come as a shock to me at all.

The graphics alone made it get 9's and 10's I believe, because gaming journalists pretty much suck balls at their jobs and get as blind by hype as the idiots on this forum.

Now, Zelda on the other hand, is not only a looker, there's an amazing game behind the graphics and scale, so I understand the scores that game got. Something people will notice not being the case with Horizon when they've put down their hype goggles. It's a shame it gets such high reviews before people understand what kind of game it really is.

I'm one of the few gamers left who don't hype games because of graphics, and it bothers me greatly. If you enjoy the game, more power to you, but I fucking hate FarCry (Ubisoft's, that is) as I find it a snoozefest, and Horizon looks scary similar to that crap.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator

@Litchie: BS. Its a fantastic game. The gameplay is awesome, especially the combat.

As usual gamers love talking shit about games they've never played. Try it and you'll understand that it being Open World is as close as it gets to Far Cry.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#163 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

@ivangrozny: You know you can turn off the map markers and HUD right?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#164  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34740 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@Litchie: BS. Its a fantastic game. The gameplay is awesome, especially the combat.

As usual gamers love talking shit about games they've never played. Try it and you'll understand that it being Open World is as close as it gets to Far Cry.

Just what I've heard. You say the combat is awesome, others say it sucks. Like "the bow is terrible, fighting feels slow and clunky". Who knows. All I know is that it looks like a typical game I'd get bored with quickly. I might be wrong, and that would be great, but from watching several gameplay videos it doesn't look like it's for me and gets praise mainly for it's graphics.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@Litchie said:
@Desmonic said:

Just what I've heard. You say the combat is awesome, others say it sucks. Like "the bow is terrible, fighting feels slow and clunky". Who knows. All I know is that it looks like a typical game I'd get bored with quickly. I might be wrong, and that would be great, but from watching several gameplay videos it doesn't look like it's for me and gets praise mainly for it's graphics.

Some gamers know of nothing else but dumbed down games. I would not blame them when they think there is nothing to see here!

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By loe12k

He praised the graphics and said its one of the nicest looking worlds he ever saw on console even PC. But you can't ignore the combat is shit when he gave examples. It took 4 to 5 arrow hits to kill a human with no armor? He also showed how linear the gameplay is when he was climbing walls and jumping.. He showed how you could be standing near or next to the animals in the grass and they would not see you. The AI was bad, the combat is bad.. He even showed how bad the customization is.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Desmonic  Moderator

@Litchie said:
@Desmonic said:

Who knows? I know. I'm playing it and I've played Far Cry games before. Hence why I can tell you the open world is where similarities end. And for every "bad" opinion I can find two or three extremely positive ones.

And there is a big difference in saying "I'd get bored with it" and "The graphics alone made it get 9's and 10's I believe, because gaming journalists pretty much suck balls at their jobs and get as blind by hype as the idiots on this forum." which is entirely BS, especially coming from someone who has played exactly 0 minutes of the game.

But of course, you are one of the few gamers "who knows better" right? lol You know so much that you're passing on a legit great game just because you're riding your high horse. Have fun with that.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

@loe12k said:

He praised the graphics and said its one of the nicest looking worlds he ever saw on console even PC. But you can't ignore the combat is shit when he gave examples. It took 4 to 5 arrows hit to kill a human with no armor? He also showed how linear the gameplay is when he was climbing walls and jumping.. He showed how you could be standing near or next to the animals in the grass and they would not see you. The AI was bad, the combat is bad.. He even showed how bad the customization is.

The real 6/10 right here. :P

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#169 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@loe12k said:

He praised the graphics and said its one of the nicest looking worlds he ever saw on console even PC. But you can't ignore the combat is shit when he gave examples. It took 4 to 5 arrow hits to kill a human with no armor? He also showed how linear the gameplay is when he was climbing walls and jumping.. He showed how you could be standing near or next to the animals in the grass and they would not see you. The AI was bad, the combat is bad.. He even showed how bad the customization is.

What is your personal opinion of the game?

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By loe12k

@flyincloud1116 said:
@loe12k said:

Well i watched someone play the game for an hour on Youtube and the story was interesting i can see why people like it.

I not a reviewer and i never played the game to have an honest opinion. But i can see why the guy dislikes the game based off the examples he showed.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#172 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@loe12k said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@loe12k said:

Well i watched someone play the game for an hour on Youtube and the story was interesting i can see why people like it.

I not a reviewer and i never played the game to have an honest opinion. But i can see why the guy dislikes the game based off the examples he showed.

So you never played the game. Thanks for the honesty.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

@navyguy21 said:
@silversix_ said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@silversix_ said:

What are his specs?

He doesn't even know my spec, but if you wanna trust this troll. Sure, go ahead.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 thepclovingguy

@silversix_ said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@silversix_ said:

Worst trolling attempt ever, anyway your ps4 still suck in comparison to my beastly pc.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 silversix_

@thepclovingguy: Stop trolling my PS4 you suck.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#176  Edited By skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

@loe12k said:

Use the precision arrows on unarmored humans. 1 hit guaranteed.

When you are climbing you generally only want to go in one direction, either up or down. I don't see how that is a problem.

If you are standing you are going to be detected. If you are crouched, in tall grass, and either moving slowly or not moving at all you are hidden and undetectable.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@loe12k: dude you praise the hilarious flop that is the Xbox one. Don't you dare talk about "dumbed down games" and forming your opinion based on watching YouTube.

How sad can you be? I know you're angry because your mom won't let you buy a PS4, but please, don't clutter up the forums with useless posts about things you have no idea about, such as quality games and owning a worthwhile system.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#178 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

I mean, on reddit this is on the front page "I love it when a plan comes together"

People are impressed by this? It's a friggin trial setup exactly for that purpose... its lame beyond belief.

What makes it worse, is that it kills them ALL ... they just keep running into it.

But no, we know why this is getting praised, not because of the action, but because of the graphics as usual.

I wish I could be entertained by that... maybe life would be alot simpler.

This is essentially part of the "tutorial" so yeah, it is setup exactly for that purpose.

Those are Grazers, they are an analog to herd animals like deer. They are flighty and easily panicked. That is their nature. They are harder to cultivate because they stampede.

OldmanChudley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By OldmanChudley
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

Definately worth a purchase!!!! I divorced from Xbox due to the oneS being....well.....awful and just clunky to use, coupled with the system resetting whenever it felt like it. Best move I have made since i can't remember when. Have spent 6hrs on the game so far and I have found it to be a nice mix of of action and engrossing story. The combat is great, and you can aim easily enough to headshot humans with your standard bow. Great gameplay, fluid movement and solid easy to grasp control mechanics....overall a very enjoyable experience so far and I can't wait to get back into it to continue with the story.

It's one of the best looking games on a console, the mix of action and story is great. I prefer my experience with this than I did with Witcher3, but Horizon zero dawn is like an rpg lite, so alot of the elements that may put people off of RPG's are diluted, but for me it does not take away from the experience. I guess I am not a RPG kind o chap, as I enjoyed chilling back and watching the wife play Oblivion, but to play it myself, it didn't keep my active interest.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#180 Zero_epyon  Online
Member since 2004 • 20182 Posts

@pdogg93 said:

@loe12k: dude you praise the hilarious flop that is the Xbox one. Don't you dare talk about "dumbed down games" and forming your opinion based on watching YouTube.

How sad can you be? I know you're angry because your mom won't let you buy a PS4, but please, don't clutter up the forums with useless posts about things you have no idea about, such as quality games and owning a worthwhile system.

Ever heard of Tigersuperman?

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 thepclovingguy

@silversix_ said:

@thepclovingguy: Stop trolling my PS4 you suck.

I know that your ps4 sucks, no need to tell me that.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

GG is only getting better and better. It's a great time to game on PlayStation.

Feel bad for lems. All those 6/10 games have really turned them into hateful trolls.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#183 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@crashnburn281 said:

The game is getting glowing reviews everywhere.

Basically cherry picking one review that thinks the game stinks to push your lem agenda. Nice try.

I know it's frustrating to have nothing but mediocre games on Xflop.

Hmmm, ever heard of "pot calling the kettle black"... that's all you cows do all day. Finding one piece of negative Xbox news and creating 50 topics on it within a week.

Anyway, I've said it from the beginning that this game looks nice, but nothing new or special from what I've seen. And it'll be forgotten once Zelda comes out... But hey, I'm glad people are enjoying it.

REKT!

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Lems have recently bashed horizon and Zelda cuz they dont have shit to play. LOOOOSERS