Homeworld: Remastered. Release Date+Trailer+Gameplay!

• 64 results
Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#51 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Wasdie:

I don't know whether they broad Relic guys on board to design audio or what but one thing I notice in every game made by Relic are, top notch sound effects. After seeing this I'm also excited for Homeworld shipbreakers now. First it was going to be free 2 play but Gearbox is now funding them to make a full fledged Homeworld prequel.

Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#52 deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Only PC?

The nature of the games' genre kinda makes it difficult to translate to consoles. So yes. But it should work on any kind of computer you have.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@Wasdie said:

If you run it at 1080p with forced AA through Nvidia control panel the game looks surprisingly good for a 1999 game.

That said...

Loading Video...

My god.

The Gardens of Kadesh. **** it, I'm re-installing the original and playing through it again. Damn you.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#54 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

This is a remaster I can get behind. Not just because the Homeworld games are tough finds now, but also because original is an excellent game that more people should play.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#55 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Wow they really went to town on that. I wasnt expecting it to look this good.

Hmmmmm.

howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts
@Wasdie said:

Already preordered the CE on Amazon several months back. I'm pumped.

Yeah, I preordered mine last May as soon as I heard it was available. Cannot wait to play again, my first RTS and probably my favorite game of all time.

Also can't wait to see the amazing Star Wars, Star Trek, BSG, ect.. mods that are certain to come out.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
Loading Video...

Nearly 40 minutes of Q&A goodness over footage of Homeworld 2 Remastered!

One thing I caught while skimming through is that apparently the chick that did the mothership's voice in Homeworld 1 was scheduled to come back for Homeworld 2, but she was 9 months pregnant when they had recording time so they had to scramble to get a new voice actor for Homeworld 2. They brought her back to redo all of her lines in Homeworld 1, voice over Homeworld 2 and some additional lines they are adding.

They also got Fleet Command guy back to re-record all of his voices.

This is a dream remaster come true.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

Couple other things (pulled from Reddit):

It seems that for Homeworld Remastered, they updated the HW2 engine, and ported the HW1 campaign to the updated HW2 engine. This means that HW1 ships will have HW2 mechanics like destroyable ship components. It also means that HW1 and HW2 are integrated for multiplayer, meaning you can choose between the HW1 races AND the HW2 races to fight each other. Taiidan vs Vaygr? Go for it.

They want mod support with Steam Workshop integration.

Depth of Field effect is most definitely an optional setting.

There will be an official art book available as well with high quality scans of the original concept art.

So yeah, you can have Vaygr vs. Kushan or Tiidan vs. Hiigarans.

I'm in heaven.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Cloud_imperium

@Wasdie:

Yeah, just watched 37 minutes of extended gameplay on IGN channel. Very interesting to hear how they brought original people back for the Remaster. Very emotional. And it also makes me confident for Shipbreakers. Randy wasn't lying when they said they are huge Homeworld fans.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

Full mod support. They actually hired previous Homeworld 2 modders in to help them build this game. This game is rebuilt by core fans of the series.

This is un-freaking-real. No remaster has ever been this robust in the history of video games.

Oh also beams fired from ships cast light down the entire beam and onto anything they cross. So god damn cool.

Yes I'm still bumping this thread because I need more people to get excited for this.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@Cloud_imperium: It sounds like they are building this franchise for the long run. This isn't a quick cash grab or anything. Full mod support, encouraging mod development, and talking about the future of this series.

This remaster is just the beginning. Next is Shipbreakers. I can't believe how Gearbox is pulling this off. This is beyond anybody's expectations.

They are doing the beta for the multiplayer on launch because they merged Homeworld 1 and Homeworld 2 units together to form one large multiplayer experience. Since this is such a radical balance change they've decided to label the multiplayer as a beta at launch and work over the first few weeks and months to patch the multiplayer to as close to perfection as they can.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58951 Posts

Concept art is always a welcome.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Cloud_imperium

@Wasdie:

Yes, seems like they have a passion for this series. Hopefully Shipbreakers will be a success and someday we'll see Homeworld 3 as well, made by all of these people who worked on remaster as well as Relic. People should play Homeworld remaster and show them their support. Wish there was someone who could do the same for Thief trilogy.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Well, people should at least be glad it's coming out, some people are harping about remakes, whatever, this game hasn't really been an accessible title given its dated print on an old OS, and hasn't been reworked for digital retail to run on a modern OS. I don't see the problem with remaking it. Not like Relic had a chance after moving on to make WH40K games for THQ.