(HELP) Should i buy a Xbox 360 or Xbox One?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Yesterday my Xbox 360 PRO went RROD and out of warranty. I've loads of my favourite Xbox 360 games and gamesaves on 360.

Should i buy a Slim Xbox 360 ( I heard it dosen't get RROD) or XBox One ( Last i heard its becoming backwards compatible ). I want to play and keep my favourite Gears, Halo's from 360 gen. What would you do in my position?

Help me out here warriors.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Buy a new XBox One. Buy a used 360. They still want $250 for a new 360, might as well get a new XBox One. Especially with the BF deals.

You can probably get a used slim 360 for $100-$150 if you look around. Cowboom usually sells them for around that price.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44071 Posts

Xbox One fur chur.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#4 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Xbox One,without hesitation.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 indzman

Slim Xbox 360 gets RROD?

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

@indzman said:

Slim Xbox 360 gets RROD?

No, they fixed the cooling with the newer models. You should be good with it. Just don't pay $250 for it. You might as well get an XBox One if you are going to spend that kind of money.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

What 360 games do you have that you'd like to keep? X1 won't have full BC, and it's likely some of your games will never be playable on the console. If it's just Gears and Halo then you should be alright.

With Black Friday coming up, your console picked the right time to die.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

Just get Xbox One, soon it will play most the big 360 games, plus you get the new ones. And at the price they have for Black Friday etc, i dont think you can really beat it.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 indzman

@kwns said:
@indzman said:

Yesterday my Xbox 360 PRO went RROD and out of warranty. I've loads of my favourite Xbox 360 games and gamesaves on 360.

Should i buy a Slim Xbox 360 ( I heard it dosen't get RROD) or XBox One ( Last i heard its becoming backwards compatible ). I want to play and keep my favourite Gears, Halo's from 360 gen. What would you do in my position?

How old was your 36O? Those RROD problems got ironed out around half way through the 360 lifecycle.

xbox one buy it. The xbox one has BC now most of not all of the good 360 games will end up on xbox one eventually.

Number of games i bought digitally for 360 are now downloaded on my xbox one. I not at home to play them yet. Gears 3 i will be trying out later.

2007 PRO model. It got RROD few times but M/S reploaced my console as it was still under 3 year warranty. Now its been 8 years already :(

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 indzman

@kwns said:
@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

What 360 games do you have that you'd like to keep? X1 won't have full BC, and it's likely some of your games will never be playable on the console. If it's just Gears and Halo then you should be alright.

Stop filling the thread with false information there is 130 360 BC games playable on xbox one right now. Every month more are added.

Please tell me, can i play these games on ONE?

Gears of war 1,2,3

Halo 3,4,ODST,Reach, CE Anniversary

Dead rising

Crackdown 1 and 2

Saints Row

Perfect Dark Zero

The darkness

PGR 4

Burnout Revenge HD

Star Wars The Force unleashed

Bioshock

Mass Effect 1 and 2

Soldier of Fortune payback

Assassins Creed

Devil May Cry 4

Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Red Dead Redemption

Alan wake

Fable II and III

Batman Arkham asylum

Splinter Cell double agent and conviction

Serious Sam GOLD HD

Rainbow six Vegas II

Prince of Persia II

Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands

Vanquish

Dead Space

NFS Most wanted

Batman Arkham City

GRAW

Shadows of the damned

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge

Killer is Dead

Metal Gear rising Revengeance

FF XIII-2

Lightning returns

Dantes inferno

Brothers in Arms Hell Highway

Thanking you in advance :)

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

They are pretty much the same just flip a coin.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 indzman

@kwns said:
@indzman said:
@kwns said:
@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

Stop filling the thread with false information there is 130 360 BC games playable on xbox one right now. Every month more are added.

Please tell me, can i play these games on ONE?

Gears of war 1,2,3

Halo 3,4,ODST,Reach, CE Anniversary

Dead rising

Crackdown 1 and 2

Saints Row

Perfect Dark Zero

The darkness

PGR 4

Burnout Revenge HD

Star Wars The Force unleashed

Bioshock

Mass Effect 1 and 2

Soldier of Fortune payback

Assassins Creed

Devil May Cry 4

Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Red Dead Redemption

Alan wake

Fable II and III

Batman Arkham asylum

Splinter Cell double agent and conviction

Serious Sam GOLD HD

Rainbow six Vegas II

Prince of Persia II

Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands

Vanquish

Dead Space

NFS Most wanted

Batman Arkham City

GRAW

Shadows of the damned

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge

Killer is Dead

Metal Gear rising Revengeance

FF XIII-2

Lightning returns

Dantes inferno

Brothers in Arms Hell Highway

Thanking you in advance :)

MS released about 20 360 games in the preview program. Another 104 games released when BC launched officially a day ago. More coming out this December. A good few of the games on your list have come out not all. I can't remember every game listed but you can find this online. Have to remember this is a rolllout that will continue every month.

Thanks will keep a eye out on ONE b/c list by DEC :)

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

FYI TC, I didn't lie to you. The Xbox One will not be getting full BC, and there is a chance some of those games you listed will not be BC.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get an X1 (because I think you should). Just want you to have realistic expectations.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#17 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Xbox One. Sooner or later your favorite 360 games will end up on Xbox One because of BC. Meanwhile you'll be able to play current games too.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 indzman

@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

FYI TC, I didn't lie to you. The Xbox One will not be getting full BC, and there is a chance some of those games you listed will not be BC.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get an X1 (because I think you should). Just want you to have realistic expectations.

FYI, i didn't accuse you of lying :P You advised me well :)

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

If you have many 360 games buy a new 360, all 360 games will not work on Xbox One BC

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Since you mentioned Halo and Gears:

BC hasn't added the main Halo games yet, not even Reach. BUT you can of course get the MCC and Halo 5 on Xbone.

You can get Gears 1 Ultimate Edition (remastered) on Black Friday for $20, and that will come with BC downloads for all the 360 Gears games!

Not all BC are perfect though, the framerate for Banjo N&B is all over the place, to the point where it's unplayable. I just played Fallout 3 for an hour though and that seemed just fine though. I'm not sure how the Gears are performing.

Then again, look at the Xbone games, and upcoming games. If they don't interest you, maybe it'd just be best to get another 360.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@indzman: When my 360 RROD'd I got it fixed locally for under $50, took 3 days. I'd check around and see, probably the cheapest option.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Gears are all playable right now, Halo ? never mind your Halo games, get the MCC it has them all with the exception of Reach ( it will come BC later in the future ) and you can play them all on-line ( there´s no more on-line mode for original Xbox Halo 2 but there is on-line for Halo 2 in the MCC ). a lot of X360 games won´t make it through the BC program others will, if I were you right now I would get me a X1 and later a slim or E X360, you will end up finding them for cheap and all you need it to purchase the console, your HDD, your controllers and your power brick will continue to work with a new console. Also remember, X360 is BC with most original Xbox games.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 indzman

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@indzman: When my 360 RROD'd I got it fixed locally for under $50, took 3 days. I'd check around and see, probably the cheapest option.

Cool, i'll check it out :)

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

Get an XONE, for just a few hundred bucks more you can play Halo 5 and all other worthy next gen games like The Witcher, MGS etc

Can confirm all 4 gears games will be on xone backwards compatibility but not halo. They have Mcc collection which includes everything except for halo reach.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:

Get an XONE, for just a few hundred bucks more you can play Halo 5 and all other worthy next gen games like The Witcher, MGS etc

Can confirm all 4 gears games will be on xone backwards compatibility but not halo. They have Mcc collection which includes everything except for halo reach.

Confirmed all Gears games ARE in X1, ready to download and play right now, I already did that.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Xbox One without question, backward compatibility, you can play all the Gears games on the One and every Halo game with the exception of Reach via the Master Chief Collection, all with multiplayer.

Most of the 360 games you listed will likely make their way to BC plus you get to play all the new games for Xbox One. There's no sense in putting out more money on a last generation system that you've already used to death and is becoming irrelevant.

The 360 has no future, the Xbox One does.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

@indzman said:

I'd say go for Xbox One... you'll still be able to play all the Halos & Gears (either with MCC or backwards compatibility).

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Tough choice, but i say a 360.

The BC doesn't have some of the games you listed, so if you get the itch to play RDR, you will have to wait for it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44568 Posts

depends how much stuff you have on Xbox 360 and how much you can part with and how much you can't

anyhow, regardless, you should maybe consider getting a next gen system already

surely playing catch up with the next gen goodness will help you forget about much of the 7th gen, plus BC will likely help you forget much of that too

hell, even I thought I could never part with my PS2 collection but Sony did a good job on PS3 building up that list of PS2 classics, they were slow but they finally have a respectable library, and if they add PS2 BC to PS4 they can further expand upon that, hopefully, now I don't mind if my BC PS3 dies because most the stuff I like is already offered as modestly priced PS2 classics, I imagine it'll be the same on Xbox One regarding Xbox 360 games

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I'd say get a used 360 then buy a One later if you want to. The BC list on Xbox One is fucking pathetic so far. The last thing you want is to be hanging around waiting for your games to make the BC list. Realistically, if you're making the jump to Xbox One you're losing a lot of your games. I played all I wanted to play of 360 games before buying an Xbox One but you have a backlog so see that through first. When you buy an Xbox One the games will all be cheaper by then anyway.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

You could get the 360 now and later on when there are more games for the One get it. Not all 360 games will be BC.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

There's a lot of good advice in this thread. As stated before, MCC has most of the older Halo games remastered or running in higher resolution. The exception is Halo Reach, but Reach has been confirmed, by Microsoft, for backwards compatibility. Unless you were planning to play Reach right this second, it should be no problem.

All the Gears games are already BC.

The bigger issue is your 360 library as a whole. If you are okay with waiting for your back library to become BC, get an Xbox One. If you need immediate access to your back library outside of the 104 or so BC games, get a 360. I was disappointed by the initial BC list but then I realized that it's unlikely I will need immediate access to my old games. I hope that Microsoft makes a good effort to at least get most if not all of the 80+ metacritic games over.

Beat128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Beat128
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts

Id say buy a used 360 not worth spending alot on it due to how new games are lacking content that xbox one version has. Its really time to get a xbox one really

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Get a rebuilt 360 from a reputable retailer.

Not only will you save like $300, but you'll be able to play the games you know you like.

If the Xbox One were 100% backwards compatible, this wouldn't even be a question.