Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#251 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

Btw to anyone that has their game freeze and crash, you can't use the arc thrower or even have anyone in your team use it. That thing is bugged and crashes everyone

I noticed people like tesla towers all of a sudden. I usually don't want to go within a mile of those things.... Zzzzzap!

In most cases its kind of a waste of a stratagem. Instantly destroyed from chargers and titans.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#252 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46299 Posts

Turrets, towers and mines are such a waste of a good strategem.

I have seen some good uses for that mortar turret, but even then it's very situation dependant. Like waiting for you transport in the end.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 hardwenzen

@R4gn4r0k said:

I have seen some good uses for that mortar turret, but even then it's very situation dependant. Like waiting for you transport in the end.

The anti tank cannon when placed on the other side of the map can be useful as well since it snipes mobs across the map, and kills armored targets quickly. Both mortars aren't bad either, but only for certain missions

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 hardwenzen

And holy shiz going from a 9600k@4.8ghz and 16bg of ddr4 ram to a 7800x3d and 32gb of cl30 ddr5 ram made a massive difference when playing in coop. With the same graphical settings, instead of averaging in mid 50's during heavy action, and ropping to low 40's in certain occasions, i am now sitting ay 80-90fps in heavy actions and the lowest i saw was 78fps. Talk about an upgrade.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

The anti tank cannon when placed on the other side of the map can be useful as well since it snipes mobs across the map, and kills armored targets quickly. Both mortars aren't bad either, but only for certain missions

I have massive success with the morter turret and the anti tank cannon placed strategically. Morter can be placed outside the battle and rack up 25 kills within seconds.... Anti tank auto cannon placed up on a perch or on the outskirts can wipe out big enemies too.... Bad placement of these two stratagems is a waste though.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46299 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I have massive success with the morter turret and the anti tank cannon placed strategically. Morter can be placed outside the battle and rack up 25 kills within seconds.... Anti tank auto cannon placed up on a perch or on the outskirts can wipe out big enemies too.... Bad placement of these two stratagems is a waste though.

1. Don't these emplacements go away after a certain time has passed?

2. When you mean outside the battle or on a perch somewhere, you mean you place them well ahead of any battle?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 TheEroica  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k said:
@TheEroica said:

1. Don't these emplacements go away after a certain time has passed?

2. When you mean outside the battle or on a perch somewhere, you mean you place them well ahead of any battle?

Sometimes I'll place them ahead... If we're coming up on a base that clearly has enemy activity I'll strategically place turrets in places and then move the battle away from those spots.... If you can get an auto cannon turret up on a rock and allow it to have true 360 vision you can bang up some enemies... With the turret, you just want to make sure it's protected behind rocks or even right at the computer your waiting to upload... It only shoots up, so to be effective you have to keep it away from enemies or protected by helldivers. Also... If bugs are on top of you that means morter shells are too... So know what's falling and move the waves away from your turrets.

I have two upgrades on turrets so they last longer and have more defense.... That said, a charger will blow right through the. If you toss it in the middle of the fight.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 hardwenzen

New cannon is op af.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#259 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1397 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

New cannon is op af.

Bug player...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 hardwenzen

@palasta said:
@hardwenzen said:

New cannon is op af.

Bug player...

Bug player? More like 1000% bug player.

Ever since the arc thrower is bugged, i don't touch skynet at all.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 palasta

@hardwenzen said:
@palasta said:
@hardwenzen said:

New cannon is op af.

Bug player...

Yea. After i tried the q-cannon when it was a free strategem (Automatons Impossible), i realized it's a good weapon against enemies that don't shoot streams of red laser beams and launch volleys of one-hit rockets.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 TheEroica  Moderator

@palasta said:
@hardwenzen said:
@palasta said:
@hardwenzen said:

New cannon is op af.

Bug player...

Yea. After i tried the q-cannon when it was a free strategem (Automatons Impossible), i realized it's a good weapon against enemies that don't shoot streams of red laser beams and launch volleys of one-hit rockets.

I love fighting the bots! Feels good to mow them down.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 palasta

@TheEroica said:
@palasta said:
@hardwenzen said:
@palasta said:
@hardwenzen said:

New cannon is op af.

Bug player...

And yet, we lost Ubanea.

Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 hardwenzen

@palasta said:
@TheEroica said:
@palasta said:
@hardwenzen said:
@palasta said:

Bug player...

And yet, we lost Ubanea.

Loading Video...

These meme vids are great. One of the best things about the game itself.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 hardwenzen

This dev should stop trolling the mg class of weapons. The newest one they've added is laughably bad, and the other two are worthless for any kind of higher difficulty level. All of them should get a massive buff in damage, and they should be perfectly usable against armor. And not being able to aim the newer mg is such a dumb design.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 palasta

The q-cannon is good for shooting auto dropships out of the sky... actually. Even i can do it easy.

@hardwenzen said:

This dev should stop trolling the mg class of weapons. The newest one they've added is laughably bad, and the other two are worthless for any kind of higher difficulty level. All of them should get a massive buff in damage, and they should be perfectly usable against armor. And not being able to aim the newer mg is such a dumb design.

I like using the MG in higher difficulties. Also killing charger with 110mm rocketpods, cracking armor on their back...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 hardwenzen

@palasta said:

The q-cannon is good for shooting auto dropships out of the sky... actually. Even i can do it easy.

@hardwenzen said:

I like using the MG in higher difficulties. Also killing charger with 110mm rocketpods, cracking armor on their back...

Why would you use that over something useful, tho?

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 palasta

@hardwenzen said:
@palasta said:

@hardwenzen said:

Good for crowd control? Bugs ain't that hard. I don't fight them as often. I'd say level 7+8 are no problem with MG loadout. Laser, RailCannon, Rocketpods for heavies.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 hardwenzen

@palasta said:
@hardwenzen said:
@palasta said:

@hardwenzen said:

Good for crowd control? Bugs ain't that hard. I don't fight them as often. I'd say level 7+8 are no problem with MG loadout. Laser, RailCannon, Rocketpods for heavies.

Much better to take the eagle cluster bomb stratagem for crowd control. Massive radius, and being able to use 5 before cooldown is pretty useful. Plus, if you're using an mg, how can you use another weapon for heavies when you can only have one equipped? I've tried to use the stalvart mg not long ago, and it felt like i was using just my primary weapon.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 hardwenzen
Loading Video...

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#271 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7204 Posts

@hardwenzen: Hell hey, Switch lookin graphics for the win.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 hardwenzen
Loading Video...

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#273 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7204 Posts

Im level 5 now, been trying to find more time to play. I spend like 30mins per mission.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 TheEroica  Moderator

@mesome713 said:

Im level 5 now, been trying to find more time to play. I spend like 30mins per mission.

That's common. I'm TheEroica on steam if you want to game. I'm level 26.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 palasta

@hardwenzen said:
@palasta said:
@hardwenzen said:
@palasta said:

@hardwenzen said:

Much better to take the eagle cluster bomb stratagem for crowd control. Massive radius, and being able to use 5 before cooldown is pretty useful. Plus, if you're using an mg, how can you use another weapon for heavies when you can only have one equipped? I've tried to use the stalvart mg not long ago, and it felt like i was using just my primary weapon.

Ok. I use orbitals and eagle rocketpods. Like said, suicide diff bugs is easy with an average team... i.e. not TKing noobs.

@mesome713 said:

Am level 57 now and finally got 1000 super credits to buy the latest warbond.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 palasta
Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By hardwenzen

I gotta say this, ever since they nerfed the amount of armored targets, i enjoy the game less. Played a bit yesterday before DD2, and the max difficult run was so relax that it felt like playing a phone game. The whole point of me playing nothing but on level 9 is because i want ridiculous clusterfuck on my screen, and i am not not getting it anymore. All my most memorable helldives were pre armored targets nerf. And now that there's the infinite energy rocket and enemies spawning far, i feel like they're nerfing the difficulty or something. If this keep going, i'd like them to add rank 10 difficulty with pre nerfed armored targets spawns, or something.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 hardwenzen

wow they have completely destroyed the arc thrower. its an unusable clunkfest now.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 palasta

@hardwenzen said:

I gotta say this, ever since they nerfed the amount of armored targets, i enjoy the game less. Played a bit yesterday before DD2, and the max difficult run was so relax that it felt like playing a phone game. The whole point of me playing nothing but on level 9 is because i want ridiculous clusterfuck on my screen, and i am not not getting it anymore. All my most memorable helldives were pre armored targets nerf. And now that there's the infinite energy rocket and enemies spawning far, i feel like they're nerfing the difficulty or something. If this keep going, i'd like them to add rank 10 difficulty with pre nerfed armored targets spawns, or something.

A very whiny community...

"It's too hard, it's too soft, it sways wrongly..."

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 hardwenzen

@palasta said:
@hardwenzen said:

A very whiny community...

"It's too hard, it's too soft, it sways wrongly..."

You say that as if it's unique to this game. When people care they whine. It's when the whining stops that the game dies cuz nobody cares anymore