Has the Nightmare of PS4 begun?

• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by sirk1264 (5533 posts) -

Some of you guys make it sound like that watch dogs and drive club were the only games coming out at launch for the ps4. There are many gamers who could give a damn about either. I prefer getting killzone, knack, and I'll get cod a little later. Not to mention that drive club hasn't been confirmed to be delayed.

#102 Edited by blackace (20379 posts) -

@XBOunity: Don't know yet. Gotta wait and see how things roll after it launches. We'll have a good idea well before Infamous SS is released. If there are issues with the system or the online gaming network, etc... we'll know about it within a few weeks. The delay of games doesn't help. This made sense when it was the PS3 because it was such a b**** to develop for, but the PS4 is much easier, yet it seems Sony didn't get devkits out early enough for some developers.

#103 Edited by always_explicit (2742 posts) -

Haha the PS4 looked dull and uninspired WITH a full launch line-up, its looking worse now.

#104 Posted by TheEroica (13340 posts) -

@heretrix: gta cast tonight bro... You in? You've been waiting for this one.

#105 Posted by PinkiePirate (2086 posts) -

What is this thread.

Why

#106 Posted by blackace (20379 posts) -

@Samus3D said:

If the PS4 doesn't make a profit, they're "4 sure" out.

Sony said they are losing about $60 on every PS4 they sell. That's better then the $180+ they were losing on every PS3 sold at launch.

http://www.geek.com/games/sony-will-sell-every-ps4-at-a-loss-but-easily-recoup-it-in-games-ps-plus-sales-1571335/

They won't start making a profit until later next year. The PS+ subscription increase will help to cancel out the loss.

#107 Posted by TheEroica (13340 posts) -

@PinkiePirate: I blame Taylor Swift and her out of tune singing :P

#108 Edited by heretrix (37324 posts) -

@heretrix: gta cast tonight bro... You in? You've been waiting for this one.

Absolutely. I should get off work and home in time. Put me down.

#109 Posted by Kane04 (2069 posts) -

@XBOunity said:

Well it was all fun and games for Sony up to this point. Now the chinks in the armor are beginning to show, the red line of death, the horrendous 16 minute UI demo that looked childish compared to XBO, the broken promises again resurfacing as Driveclub PSN F2P exclusive looks to be delayed into 2014 leaving Sony with a completely ham and egger lineup compared to its direct competition Microsoft. Has it begun? Or is it just a bump in the road? Please discuss and I will surely pick the best answer...

User name... XBOunity, check.
Date joined... 2013-06-30, check.

MS reputation control or just a fanboy?

What does the Xbone has to offer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
A name Sony already used 13 years ago? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcsH2WSUO7M
A camera thats a glorified EyeToy? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICAfblp0I2A

The same thin game library as this generation? How long has it been since a proper exclusive has come out on the Xbox 360? How many there are to start with?
You need to make a better case, because this 8th gen MS isn't handing over any ammo for its fanboys to fight the system wars.

#110 Edited by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

AMAZON.COM 2013 BEST-SELLERS [VIDEO GAMES] [PS4, XB1 only]: as of 10/17/2013 for YEAR 2013:

1. AC4 - PS4 (multi)

2. KZ:SF - PS4 (exclusive)

3. CoD:G - PS4 (multi)

4. BF4 - PS4 (multi)

5. CoD:G - XB1 (multi)

6. Knack - PS4 (exclusive)

7. Destiny - PS4 (multi)

8. DR3 - XB1 (exclusive)

9. Destiny - XB1 (multi)

10. AC4 - XB1 (multi)

11. RYSE - XB1 (exclusive)

12. Foza 5 (Regular and Limited Ed) - XB1 (exclusive)

13. FIFA 14 - PS4 (multi)

14. NBA 2K14 - PS4 (multi)

15. Madden 25 - PS4 (multi)

PS4 has nine Top-15 sellers, including the top four sellers overall.

The PS4 multiplats are out-selling the XB1 multiplats.

The first XB1 exclusive doesn't even enter the list until #8, while the PS4 has two exclusives at #2 and #6 on the list.

---BTW - DriveClub, Watch Dogs and The Crew aren't even in the top 15, yet Lemmings claim a delay will hurt PS4 sales?

Who's having nightmares again?

#111 Edited by heretrix (37324 posts) -

AMAZON.COM 2013 BEST-SELLERS [VIDEO GAMES] [PS4, XB1 only]: as of 10/17/2013 for YEAR 2013:

1. AC4 - PS4 (multi)

4. BF4 - PS4 (multi)

7. Destiny - PS4 (multi)

8. DR3 - XB1 (exclusive)

9. Destiny - XB1 (multi)

10. AC4 - XB1 (multi)

The first XB1 exclusive doesn't even enter the list until #8, while the PS4 has two exclusives at #2 and #6 on the list.

Pre orders don't mean SHIT.

#112 Edited by OneInchMan99 (1127 posts) -

Yep,the nightmare of PS4 has certainly come for lemmings,lol

It will continue to haunt them for the next 6 or 7 years as it repeatedly owns the Xbone with far superior multiplats and a huge range of amazing exclusives.

Thankyou Sony!!!

#113 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

@heretrix said:

@Netherscourge said:

1. AC4 - PS4 (multi)

4. BF4 - PS4 (multi)

7. Destiny - PS4 (multi)

8. DR3 - XB1 (exclusive)

9. Destiny - XB1 (multi)

10. AC4 - XB1 (multi)

MMMMMMKAY...

#114 Posted by heretrix (37324 posts) -

@heretrix said:

MMMMMMKAY...

Tell you what, if you need pre-sales figures to make you feel like you've accomplished something, then whatever dude.

#115 Edited by MBirdy88 (7842 posts) -

@heretrix said:

@Netherscourge said:

@heretrix said:

MMMMMMKAY...

Tell you what, if you need pre-sales figures to make you feel like you've accomplished something, then whatever dude.

you propose a better measurement of initial interest? whatever.

#116 Edited by ImBatman- (1014 posts) -

The nightmare started on Feb 28. Lems haven't recovered since.

#117 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

1. AC4 - PS4 (multi)

4. BF4 - PS4 (multi)

7. Destiny - PS4 (multi)

8. DR3 - XB1 (exclusive)

9. Destiny - XB1 (multi)

10. AC4 - XB1 (multi)

---BTW - DriveClub, Watch Dogs and The Crew aren't even in the top 15, yet Lemmings claim a delay will hurt PS4 sales?

Poor lems. The nightmare is only starting for them.

LOL Knack has higher preorders than every Xbone exclusive even higher than RYSE and Forza 5! You would think they would preorder Forza 5 more considering it's the only decent game in their library. What are lems gonna be playing at launch, RYSE? LMFAO!

#118 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5039 posts) -

LMAO. This is what lemming panic looks like?

Damn, don't worry you'll be erased from the console race soon Xbone fankids.

Launch is upon us

#119 Posted by kuu2 (6998 posts) -

@Netherscourge: If you are going to ask for a rate at least make it respectable. $100 an hour seems low for a professional in any field of work.

#120 Posted by SirSlimyScott (266 posts) -

Many of you Xbots always bitch about the lineup, and I can see why it's not that great frankly, but it's the games after December what counts, such as Infamous Second Son and the Order 1886. Also, what exactly are Naughty Dog up to?

#121 Posted by kuu2 (6998 posts) -

@SirSlimyScrotum: Why don't you just say next gen starts when you say it does like all Sony Fan. Since when does launch lineups not matter????

Sony Fan at its finest.

#122 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6191 posts) -

Game delays, Overheating and Red Flatline, KZ never to be seen playing on a retail PS4. Yeah gooood times ahead for Sony.

#123 Edited by Promised_Trini (3588 posts) -

You know what will be funny if Ryse got delayed lol.

Also I swear the TC started gaming just a few months ago also. Fakeboys always give the real fans a bad name.

#124 Edited by TheEroica (13340 posts) -

@SirSlimyScrotum: the problem is success in the industry is a marathon that takes years to truly gauge, but the system wars don't see past the end of their nose... A disk swap rumor on a Tuesday afternoon is the gaming equivalent of pearl harbor to the maniacs.... January may as well be 2018

#125 Edited by profanityVP (386 posts) -

@monsterpuncher: everythings subjective tho,

i mean both play games, both watch blu rays,

both have online capabilities,

at the end of the day its preference, i don't see how any intelligent person cannot comprehend this,

the fact that u cannot understand why anyone would buy an xbox one, is indication of your fanboyism,,

lets break down the factors,

now games is personal preference, but its fact that xbox has more exclusives, and a wider range of launch titles,

as far as visuals, i'm assuming theres not going to be much different, perhaps later on, ps4 might have the advantage but who knows.

as far as kinect, well i'm willing to purchase something different, i have a pc, so i can play all the top games with great graphics so the kinect will provide a different experience,

mulitiplayer, well ms has always been better at multiplayer, with dedicated servers etc.

don't be blind by your buyers remorse, other peoples purchases don't make ur's any less,,

#126 Posted by HavocV3 (7934 posts) -

Both of them look like a nightmare.

I pity anyone who's going to pay $400-$500 (plus online subscription) just to play Kilolzone/Xbonetrash and a bunch of multiplats.

Going to be even sadder when one of these consoles gets hit by hardware failures..

#127 Posted by ArchoNils2 (6160 posts) -

I actually still prefer Sonys Lineup especially for Knack. The only game I'm really interessted on Mss front is Dead Rising 3, but I can live without it. Also I don't really feel like supporting MS after all the shit they have done

#128 Edited by percech (5237 posts) -

All of the stores near me are still accepting Xbox One preorders while all the stores are sold out of PS4 preorders. I also heard that there were more available preorders for PS4 to begin with than Xbox One. It's obvious that more people are interested in buying the PS4 than they are the Xbox One. With all the bad things I've heard about Kinect, the Xbox One controller, the lack of power, and all the last minute changes they had to make in order to become more like the PS4 after the reception at E3, I think the Xbox One will have a much rougher start. PS4 already has a ton of people wanting to buy the system and haven't had to change anything whereas Xbox One is frantically changing everything in hopes of trying to get people interested in the system.

Nice anecdotal evidence. Let me try:

All of the stores I went to were out of X1 preorders and still were accepting PS4 preorders. I also heard that there were more X1's made than PS4s.

#129 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@percech said:

@arkephonic said:

All of the stores near me are still accepting Xbox One preorders while all the stores are sold out of PS4 preorders. I also heard that there were more available preorders for PS4 to begin with than Xbox One. It's obvious that more people are interested in buying the PS4 than they are the Xbox One. With all the bad things I've heard about Kinect, the Xbox One controller, the lack of power, and all the last minute changes they had to make in order to become more like the PS4 after the reception at E3, I think the Xbox One will have a much rougher start. PS4 already has a ton of people wanting to buy the system and haven't had to change anything whereas Xbox One is frantically changing everything in hopes of trying to get people interested in the system.

Nice anecdotal evidence. Let me try:

All of the stores I went to were out of X1 preorders and still were accepting PS4 preorders. I also heard that there were more X1's made than PS4s.

Difference is that you're delusional and Xbone isn't sold out or selling faster than PS4.

#130 Posted by Malta_1980 (11215 posts) -

LOL.. so only the launch titles matter, lems don't care that for example MS doesnt support their consoles throughout the years !!!

i

#131 Edited by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

Well it continues. Driveclub officially delayed. Now ps4 very well might have the worst launch ever.

#132 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@TheEroica: the sheer hysteria among cows really does show theu are nervous. I guess its safe to say the answer to my opening question is ..............it has begun

#133 Edited by nutcrackr (12493 posts) -

Be funny if all the exclusives got delayed and next gen was left with high res multiplats.

#134 Posted by bezza2011 (2399 posts) -

Love how immature some people are, At least Sony aren't rushing anything, unlike Xbox Oner sending out the only racing game which hits 1080p because all the features which are demanding are taken out, Sony are doing the right thing if it ain't ready don't rush it.

Xbox one trouble has already started when there bringing out forza5 wuithout any weather or day and night.

#135 Posted by SmileyTown (74 posts) -
#136 Posted by anab0lic (271 posts) -

Great games sell consoles... and right now i think Sonys biggest concern should be that the Xbone and even Wii U looks like it has more to offer when it comes to that.

#137 Posted by always_explicit (2742 posts) -

What a disastrous launch, would love to see MS pull some low blow viral marketing similar to Sonys game share video.

"Look how easy it is to play more than 2 launch titles on the XBOX ONE"

HAHA

#138 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@always_explicit: it really is shitty, im staying away from the RLoD console for awhile.

#139 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6191 posts) -

Even IF Drive Club winds up getting pushed into 2014, I'll still have Killzone, CoD Ghosts, Madden and NBA Live 14 to keep me happy.

Shotty you are so back and forth. I don't know what console you favor anymore.

#140 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

and yet Killzone Shadowfall will outsell everything on Xbone's launch lineup combined and Sony already has over 1 million preorders. Looks to me like the nightmare is just starting for M$. What wil happen when Sony's world class studios go into full swing (Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Polyphony Digital etc.)?

#141 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

Neogaf is all depressed. I guess you cant make jokes about PS4 there, only Xbox One. Bish proved this today. dat bias proven, and lol at them!!!

#142 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

There is no reason to buy a PS4 or Xbox One this year....Deal with it and wait a few months, it's not worth it.

#143 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6191 posts) -

and yet Killzone Shadowfall will outsell everything on Xbone's launch lineup combined and Sony already has over 1 million preorders. Looks to me like the nightmare is just starting for M$. What wil happen when Sony's world class studios go into full swing (Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Polyphony Digital etc.)?

Oh you didn't know??????????? Sony is forcing retailers to buy their bundles. The Killzone bundle is driving up those preorders. Good for you man. I hope you like it.

I just cancelled my preorder.

#144 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

@XBOunity said:

Neogaf is all depressed. I guess you cant make jokes about PS4 there, only Xbox One. Bish proved this today. dat bias proven, and lol at them!!!

Funny thing is I find there more of a love for Nintendo there than anywhere else I post.

#145 Posted by Chutebox (36759 posts) -

@XBOunity said:

You're a sad person. It's an internet site and you are obsessed with it. Let it go man, let it go.

#146 Posted by MonsieurX (29729 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Oh you didn't know??????????? Sony is forcing retailers to buy their bundles. The Killzone bundle is driving up those preorders. Good for you man. I hope you like it.

Cancelled it implies you actually had one

#147 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

You are not fooling anyone you sad little man.

#148 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@XBOunity said:

You're a sad person. It's an internet site and you are obsessed with it. Let it go man, let it go.

don't pretend to know me, you don't. anyway on topic, could you imagine if this delay news was for Forza 5? Broken Promises is your motto, mine is always on and always delivering. ps4 nightmare has begun, and neogaf is depressed, go read the site, its funny astroturfing going on over there. Those who point fingers are usually the ones who the finger should be pointing too. Bishturfer songaf.

#149 Posted by skektek (5575 posts) -

@XBOunity said:

@lostrib said:

well at least you're being objective about it

has it begun?? The broken promise looks to be very true..... Another gen, another broken promise.

What were the broken promises from last gen?

#150 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

What is this thread.

Why

UH just a guess...............The nightmare of the PS4 has begun.