Halo: Master Chief Collection tops the Steam Sales Charts on launch day starting with Reach!

• 59 results
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

MCC sales on Steam proves the series is still strong and PC gamers show their support for MS title that is Halo and no doubt Halo: Infinite will do even more better. MCC and Reach are sitting at No. 1 and No. 2 on the Steam best-seller charts for December 3. Additionally, MCC reached a peak concurrent players count of 139,089 on Steam today, which is No. 4 for the entire Steam platform. It's only behind the free-to-play juggernauts PUBG, Dota 2, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Source: Gamespot: Steam charts

Note: These numbers do not represent or reflect the entire audience for MCC PC, as the game is also available on the Windows Store.

And so with that, this proves by MS releasing their games on Steam, you gain more sales out of it. It work for Gears 5 and moving forward, it's really nice MS is taking the chance releasing their games on Steam and Halo is still a thing. I'll be revising Reach on PC this weekend.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69490 Posts

This can't be true. I was under the impression that most PC gamers despise Halo and Halo is shit. ;)

Its funny how actual PC gamers don't give a shit about most of the tripe that is articulated online. :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DaVillain  Moderator

@Pedro said:

This can't be true. I was under the impression that most PC gamers despise Halo and Halo is shit. ;)

Its funny how actual PC gamers don't give a shit about most of the tripe that is articulated online. :)

Halo is dead, they said. Halo doesn't sell, they said XD

Yep, those PC gamers are full of it.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14496 Posts

@Pedro: it’s the Xbox players all grown up and yearning for a time when their brand of choice was relevant.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58975 Posts

Its a good price tag for a shit ton of content.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pedro

@Basinboy: No PC gamers are former Xbox gamers....OK

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

It's priced fairly, at least on my region. I haven't gotten it yet since I bought a ton of JRPGs on Steam during the sales.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@davillain-: excactly who said that? Think most of the master race here on SW are fairly exited for the new halo...?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Will be playing at 4k this weekend.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50562 Posts

"And so with that, this proves by MS releasing their games on Steam, you gain more sales out of it."

Lol, wouldn't this be the case releasing any game on any new platform???

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator

@djoffer said:

@davillain-: excactly who said that? Think most of the master race here on SW are fairly exited for the new halo...?

That was meant to be a joke. I'm sure Halo will do well on Steam and this here proves it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

Nice. The Master Chief Collection is an awesome collection of great games. I’ll definitely be getting Reach to add to it on the Xbox One. Time to fire it up again enjoy a few multiplayer matches and play through Reach again.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46299 Posts

Don Mattrick (a moron) said PC gaming was dead.

Meanwhile Halo and Age of Empires are topping the steam charts...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34614 Posts

That's good. Played some Reach yesterday with a friend, and got surprised how old the game feels. It's surprisingly ugly, and it feels wonky on PC. Like your mouse aim is delayed, slow feeling. The sprint is weird. You can't crouch when you walk, but you can walk when you crouch. It's weird, but playable, we had some fun. Was hoping for a better port though.

Oh, and the sound. Made my ears bleed. Game gets a 2/10 in sound.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

Halo Reach's assets have aged incredibly well. The textures, character models and animations all look like they were made for a higher resolution in the first place. The art style really needed this 4K 60fps overhaul with increased draw distance. Yesterday I finished the first mission of the campaign and played some multiplayer and the game is still incredible. Has even better controls than a lot of current gen games. Worth it 100%

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24925 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Don Mattrick (a moron) said PC gaming was dead.

Meanwhile Halo and Age of Empires are topping the steam charts...

in all sudden. PC gamers who used to bash Halo in nearly decades and how it killed FPS genre now are praising this series.

strange.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45120 Posts

I will be buying it but right now by wallet has taken a beating from Black Friday sales lol. It needs a rest.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NoodleFighter  Online
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts

I'm gonna wait till more Halo games get added to the collection because I want to play through at least the initial trilogy consecutively.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

I'm happy that Microsoft finally found a way to properly manage their PC gaming business. And I'm super happy the era of "PC gaming is dead lul" is finally over. Their anti-PC PR machinery didn't work and never will.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k

@IgGy621985: Even console gaming was being declared dead at one point. Big AAA really thought that mobile and tablet gaming would take over. Look at Konami who has completely left PC and consoles.

PC and console gaming is as strong as ever! Traditional gaming is sticking around and there's a reason for that (it just works).

I'm happy to see MS make another Age of Empires again. And it seems the genre is finally back in full force.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Yeah man, I remember the bullshit about console gaming, too. I love both PC and console gaming, and neither should ever die.

When it comes to Konami, yeah, from a player's standpoint that's a massive mistake. But then again, I'm guessing they were in big financial problems, so it's a logical move from a business standpoint. AAA production budgets are insane. I'm guessing their main problem now is a deficit of good franchises. Metal Gear is probably dead without Kojima, Silent Hill (nobody knows). At least Pro Evo is somewhat alive.

Back to topic - can't wait to play Reach this weekend. Game Pass is absolutely fantastic.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9399 Posts

Never played Reach before. Hear it's pretty good.

I'm gonna grab it on Game Pass though. I've gotten such a good value out of that service.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#24 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Second on my Steam Wishlist, but holding off on it a bit. Was waiting for user reviews and port analysis before jumping in. Sounds like it has a few bugs and missing features, and the audio is arse. Hoping for a quick patch or two.

I wonder if Digital Foundry are testing this...

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11099 Posts

This just proves Halo needed a better home. RIP Box.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@Pedro said:

Same can be said of ANY gamer platform group as "represented" in online forums, lol. :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro

@AdobeArtist said:
@Pedro said:

Same can be said of ANY gamer platform group as "represented" in online forums, lol. :P

You lol but that is also true. :)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k

@IgGy621985: oh man, halo will feel right at home on pc!

But I'm gonna wait until the sound issues are fixed, apparently they are bugged.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

This just proves Halo needed a better home. RIP Box.

So PC getting a 5 year old collection of games that are over 5 years old means xbox is dead? Fanboys gotta fanboy, I guess.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11099 Posts

@heathen75 said:

So PC getting a 5 year old collection of games that are over 5 years old means xbox is dead? Fanboys gotta fanboy, I guess.

I mean, what else could it mean? The response to Halo has been overwhelming on PC. The writing was on the wall after MS dragged their feet putting their now only biggest IP that's still relevant on the platform.

I mean, let's not pretend that Halo games aren't going to be day and date with PC now as well. It's going to be the best place to play the game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaVillain  Moderator

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@heathen75 said:

I mean, what else could it mean? The response to Halo has been overwhelming on PC. The writing was on the wall after MS dragged their feet putting their now only biggest IP that's still relevant on the platform.

I mean, let's not pretend that Halo games aren't going to be day and date with PC now as well. It's going to be the best place to play the game.

Halo still sells the Xbox console brand, it's MS answer to Mario brand and while not everyone is into PC gaming, Halo will always be famous on Xbox console. I'm just glad MCC is doing better on both platforms.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#32 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I might play it with the Microsoft Game Pass.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#33  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17810 Posts

The Halo franchise is coming back to where it belongs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fElUNYerY0w

(video posting is broken)

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

Not surprising, especialy given the fact that the port is rock solid. FOV sliders are great, and I run locked 4K/60 with enhanced graphics. Obviously it's an older game, but they did a really good job on performance.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k

@BassMan: Now that's a game commercial if I ever saw one!

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8472 Posts

Not on top, RDR 2 replaced it. The point who are trying to claim ownage always forgets that PC audience is so huge and extremely diverse, you will always find sales on it. All mainstream AAA games appear in top sellers during their release but how many of them has a staying power compared to the likes of MHW, PUBG, GTA V etc.?

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

Definitely going to buy the collection. I've been waiting since freaking Halo 2 on pc to continue the story.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58318 Posts

In other news, Red Dead Redemption 2 is now on Steam as well.

Not sure if that was originally the plan, but I have to wonder if Rockstar's own digital storefront was a mistake.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain  Moderator

@mrbojangles25: You should make a thread on RDR2 Steam Release and see the results here in SW. Just my 2 cent from buying it on Rockstar Launcher with free game vs Steam Bells & Whistles.

Just a thought ;)

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NoodleFighter  Online
@davillain- said:

@mrbojangles25: You should make a thread on RDR2 Steam Release and see the results here in SW. Just my 2 cent from buying it on Rockstar Launcher with free game vs Steam Bells & Whistles.

Just a thought ;)

RDR2 on Steam currently has an 11,876 player peak. Pretty underwhelming I guess people really blew their load on the Rockstar launcher version. Oh well at least we only had to wait a month for it to come on Steam.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NoodleFighter  Online

@IgGy621985: @R4gn4r0k: @davillain-: Breaking news The Master Chief Collection on Steam sold over 2 million copies in just 2 days. Damn I did not know the demand for Halo on PC was still that strong to this day. Microsoft made a very smart decision bringing this game back to PC and putting it on Steam.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

casuals love their slower than rocks fps games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaVillain  Moderator

@NoodleFighter said:

RDR2 on Steam currently has an 11,876 player peak. Pretty underwhelming I guess people really blew their load on the Rockstar launcher version. Oh well at least we only had to wait a month for it to come on Steam.

I'm one of those who bought RDR2 on Rockstar Launcher because I'll still need to log-in from Rockstars online despite if I did buy it on Steam and they were offering a free game from pre-order, no point in me buying it on Steam.

@NoodleFighter said:

@IgGy621985: @R4gn4r0k: @davillain-: Breaking news The Master Chief Collection on Steam sold over 2 million copies in just 2 days. Damn I did not know the demand for Halo on PC was still that strong to this day. Microsoft made a very smart decision bringing this game back to PC and putting it on Steam.

Now this is great news. Halo is still a thing on PC indeed for those who enjoy the campaign/MP and I'm more interest playing SP then MP anyways. MS did justice by releasing their games on Steam. (Sony should take notes)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58318 Posts

@davillain- said:

Just a thought ;)

Nah not worth the space haha.

I did the same (I got Bully for free, I missed out on that game when it came out. Hear good things).

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 R4gn4r0k

@davillain-: @NoodleFighter:

Could be multiple factors.

Maybe people are just sick of waiting years for Rockstar games to arrive on PC. Maybe people just didn't wait on the steam version.

Personally I did wait on the steam version. I have all my Rockstar games on it, plus I like the screenshot feature.

But see every store had a big sale already on the game. I would be crazy to spend full price on steam when the game was already being sold below full price. I can wait longer. And I'm in no hurry to buy a Rockstar product ever again.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13665 Posts

@Pedro: I get the tongue in cheek, but people forget that pc gamers are a very diverse and large group.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

:P

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

Sony probably seeing Microsoft success and scrambling to port games to PC if rumors of Horizon to PC is true.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@davillain- said:

And so with that, this proves by MS releasing their games on Steam, you gain more sales out of it.