Halo: Master Chief Collection tops the Steam Sales Charts on launch day starting with Reach!

• 59 results
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56252 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: Imagine that, Conan ;)

It just works XD

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#52 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69931 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Pedro: I get the tongue in cheek, but people forget that pc gamers are a very diverse and large group.

Just like gamers on all platforms. This is why I find it funny when specific gamers speak on behalf of everyone.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#53 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14499 Posts

@Pedro: Deep down you know it to be true. They had to find other shooters to play while 343i bastardized Halo.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@Pedro said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Pedro: I get the tongue in cheek, but people forget that pc gamers are a very diverse and large group.

Just like gamers on all platforms. This is why I find it funny when specific gamers speak on behalf of everyone.

True. No one can and should speak for the many, or blame the many, but that's another discussion.

What I mean is, there's probably a billion computers out there, there are people who just play chess or football manager or sim games or something extremely casual or really old (ancient GOG or website games they grew up with). Any computer is capable of playing something.

That's why I disagree with the perception that PC gaming is about high end hardware. To me PC gaming is simply about choice and that's an understated way of saying it.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#55  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts
@madrocketeer said:

Second on my Steam Wishlist, but holding off on it a bit. Was waiting for user reviews and port analysis before jumping in. Sounds like it has a few bugs and missing features, and the audio is arse. Hoping for a quick patch or two.

I wonder if Digital Foundry are testing this...

Update - DF finally has a verdict:

Loading Video...

TL;DW: Good: beautifully optimized for solid 60 fps on PC, which is the best-looking version, mostly due to better AF and draw distance. Bad: a few bugs, some animation hitches. Ugly: sound is absolute arse, and framerates above 60 fps are pointless because animations and mouse movements are tuned for 60 fps, causing issues when the cap is thrown off.

My decision: holding off for a patch to fix the sound, then I'll jump in.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Even though 347 versions of halo sucks arse, I really enjoyed Bungie’s halo games on the 360. I’ll definitely will be buying this for the pc.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Even though 347 versions of halo sucks arse, I really enjoyed Bungie’s halo games on the 360. I’ll definitely will be buying this for the pc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58  Edited By deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

@madrocketeer: Digitalfoundry should work at 343 and just make those engineers implement their observations. It's a shame those post processing effects are missing. Can't have everything I guess, here is to hoping for a patch.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#60  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34690 Posts

Halo to me is a pretty braindead series, but can be amusing for a while. It's multi-player reminds me of GoldenEye and TimeSplitters, which might be why I'm enjoying it. Same kind of wacky fun.

How Bungie then managed to make a game that feels even more braindead with Destiny is a mystery to me. I fucking hate Destiny. It's shittyness makes me angry. It having great sales angers me even more. I remember Bungie saying they want to make something new, and that's why they left MS and Halo. And what did they do instead of Halo? Halo, but worse. With Activision. They really should've stayed with Microsoft, imo.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56252 Posts

@Litchie: Halo for the most part is all about the Campaign/lore is why it's popular and I happened to enjoy the story (so far) and it's campaign. MP isn't that interesting but I can see why it's still a thing, even though it's brain-dead, it's the silliness that makes it fun, it's just those types of games you gotta shut your brains off to enjoy lol.

I have a love/hate with Destiny, gameplay is really fun but has the shittiest story to tell. Bungie really made a mistake by leaving MS but there's more to it. MS did encourage to do something new despite they want more Halo, Bungie just want to leave MS regardless. At least Bungie left Activision, maybe Destiny 3 will be better? Who knows.