GTSPORT sold 3.3 mil copies for store, 2+ million for digital. 5.3 mil total.

• 174 results
Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Never much enjoyed these games. Much more into Burnout. Would love a new Burnout but for now I’m happy with the Paradise remaster.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11180 Posts

@tgob89 said:

lol gotta love the "user base" narrative lemmings and even some PC guys pull out ONLY when a PS4 EXCLUSIVE sells in the millions.

It's funny because we know ALL Xbox games are now shared between the user base of xbox one (30 mil) and PC (200 mil) since 2015 but we NEVER see either group claim games on PC or xbox are flops for not selling based on the "user base" metrics.

Like, what is the formula we're supposed to actually be using here lems?

This argument is literally ONLY ever used when PS4 is the topic of the conversation. Quantum Break was PC&xbox day 1...it Released April 5 2016, it literally had the entire month and 3 years of hype behind it...

Software

1. Dark Souls III (PS4, Xbox One)
  2. Ratchet & Clank (PS4)***
  3. MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)***
  4. Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
  5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
  6. Minecraft (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3)
  7. Quantum Break (Xbox One)?????
  8. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
  9. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  10. Star Fox: Zero (Wii U)

https://venturebeat.com/2016/05/12/april-2016-npd-dark-souls-iii-ratchet-clank-lead-as-gaming-industry-drops-15/

So...what happened to "da user base" narrative lems/herms? Why didn't this sell 100million?

Ratchet N Clank and MLB The Show aren't even a major Sony releases and Quantum Break had been hyped since the beginning of the generation all the way back to 2013.

Then QB fell off the map after that low charting it's first month, so much for that "user base" argument lems.

Exactly. Like Xbox owners even buy exclusives. MS has to use Game Pass to pump up numbers now. "WE'RE ANNOUNCING TWO MILLION PLAYERS!" Yeah, of course a lot of people are going to play your new first party game for $10 bucks, or on a trial.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Great number and totally deserved!!!

Best racer-sim outta there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@boycie said:

I think it's because you guys make such a big deal about how many PS4 have been sold and how important exclusives are. They you see that a premium title like GT only manages to convert 5 million sales out of 70 million + users. It doesn't look that great.

Yup that's what most of us (who are sane) are trying to say.

But most Cows have been preaching and boasting about how "exclusives mattarz!!!!" this entire generation and how they are the end all be all and how it pushes PS4 sales.

Yet all along Rational people (the ones not riding on colorful Sony Dildos) are saying: Exclusives don't matter because of the overwhelming amount of casual gamers don't care about them, especially on the PS4, where the platform is driven overwhelmingly by casuals.....the ones who don't exactly follow heavily on gaming trends, the ones that don't care about Bloodborne or Uncharted 4. But they do care about Madden, NHL18, COD, etc. That's why PS4 sales have been steadily growing each year. Those 3 million sold Sony exclusives are bought by......guess who?......the minority Core Gamers who actually follow gaming trends and who know better.

PS consoles have always thrived on casuals and their taste in casual popular games, always have, always will be.

Same can be applied with Casual XBOX1 users. Gears 4, Forza 7, Halos, even QB are NOT exactly at the top of their playlist.

That completely mutes what most Cows have been saying.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@EG101 said:
@quadknight said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@quadknight said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I'm referring to the quality of the games. Not sales.

But I forgot that to Quack, a flop only means a game didn't sell well. So if a game gets 100% on Metacritic but doesn't sell a bazillion copies, it's a flop.

GT Sport has better physics and driving than Flopza 7 not mention an actual pit crew lol.

Nope, you don't even win the quality argument either.

Lmao... yeah, all the review scores are wrong. Forget to take your pills this morning? Lol.

They both scored the same on this website, cry harder lem.

GT Sport is the better sim no matter how much you get butthurt over it.

GT SPort is the better Sim if you're trying to Duplicate Bumper Car Physics but if you're trying to duplicate actual Cars than Forza is better.

? Is that why Flopza wasn't even nominated in the Best Hnadling category and GT Sport outright won that category?

Loading Video...

The physics in Flopza is ass and the AI rams you because they are stupid as hell. Flopza 7 is the true bumper car simulator now.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#106 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@VERTIGO47: Ok, lets say they don't matter?

Why aren't sales of the PS4 and Bone the same?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ-To7WJyWs

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Ant_17

@VERTIGO47 said:
@Ant_17 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ-To7WJyWs

Ok, but what about the casual? Both PS4 and Bone are at 100 million, yet the last COD sold only 30 million? What are the rest playing?

I'm not counting PC, cause that puts the gaming world at some billions.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#110 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

These are low numbers. This game was heavily discounted like a month in and it can't even get higher sales than Mario Kart on the Switch.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Ant_17

@wiiboxstation said:

These are low numbers. This game was heavily discounted like a month in and it can't even get higher sales than Mario Kart on the Switch.

We will take the L from Mario Kart, cause that is a stupid argument to start.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Forza 7 took best Racing game at the game awards. Take the L Cows.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By QuadKnight

@xhawk27 said:

Like that counts for shit in the real world. It can take all the awards, no one is still buying it.

It didn't even chart the month it came out which means even lems are starting to get tired of it.

Only one racing game is recognized in the car indusrty as a juggernaut and that's GT. People playing GT on a high level actually become professional race car drivers in real life and win championships.

GT is the only racing game out there partnered with FIA and gives GT players the opportunity to acquire FIA licenses while playing the game. Meanwhile in Flopza you get jackshit and eggs for being good at it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#114 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And probably most of them from Europe where GT still reigns king despite it being feature-lite compared to Forza.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#115 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Loving it so far, the only problem I have is the character of the opponent, which mirrors real life, it's a hell of a multiplayer game. I just wish the punishments were just. It's a shame I can be attacked for little if no punishments.

Contact MUST be an intelligently decided ruling, attacker or receiver must be held accountable. That and only that is my one criticism.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

@quadknight said:
@xhawk27 said:

Like that counts for shit in the real world. It can take all the awards, no one is still buying it.

It didn't even chart the month it came out which means even lems are starting to get tired of it.

Only one racing game is recognized in the car indusrty as a juggernaut and that's GT. People playing GT on a high level actually become professional race car drivers in real life and win championships.

GT is the only racing game out there partnered with FIA and gives GT players the opportunity to acquire FIA licenses while playing the game. Meanwhile in Flopza you get jackshit and eggs for being good at it.

"In the real world" ... so what are the supposed rules now? best simulator? or best game?

Ah right, whatever the opposite of the truth is with Cows... suddently best simualtor is more imporant than being the best game.

I should of known, since cows like movies more than gameplay.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 QuadKnight

@kali-b1rd said:
@quadknight said:
@xhawk27 said:

"In the real world" ... so what are the supposed rules now? best simulator? or best game?

Ah right, whatever the opposite of the truth is with Cows... suddently best simualtor is more imporant than being the best game.

It's a better sim than Flopza 7 and the fans have spoken, and by the "real world" I mean the world outside SW which you've probably lost touch with NyaDC.

There's more to life than damage controlling for MS on message boards.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Kali-B1rd

@quadknight said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@quadknight said:
@xhawk27 said:

It's a better sim than Flopza 7 and the fans have spoken, and by the "real world" I mean the world outside SW which you've probably lost touch with NyaDC.

The critics have spoken and the better GAME is Forza apperently, I mean I can quantify that, you can't quantify your claim.

Not NyaDC, I'm Mbirdy88 come now Quacknight I know you want me to be that other guy that doesn't own a PS4 Pro, but I simply can't fill that narrative for you to win.

Couldn't care less about MS, just like putting cows in thier place which is 2nd to PC (and debatable Switch depending on which way you swing... do you like movies or gameplay?).

Says I'm out of touch, is spinning a wonderful tale seperate from reality to pat himself on the back.

Priceless.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 QuadKnight

@kali-b1rd said:
@quadknight said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@quadknight said:
@xhawk27 said:

The critics have spoken and the better GAME is Forza apperently, I mean I can quantify that, you can't quantify your claim.

Not NyaDC, I'm Mbirdy88 come now Quacknight I know you want me to be that other guy that doesn't own a PS4 Pro, but I simply can't fill that narrative for you to win.

Couldn't care less about MS, just like putting cows in thier place which is 2nd to PC (and debatable Switch depending on which way you swing... do you like movies or gameplay?).

Says I'm out of touch, is spinning a wonderful tale seperate from reality to pat himself on the back.

Priceless.

Well the gamers have spoken and picked GT Sport and last time I checked gamers > useless game critics and their opinions.

Despite all the rave reviews Flopza got it couldn't even break a million and you can't say it's because it's a new unknown franchise, gamers just didn't give a shit about it.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@quadknight said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@quadknight said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Priceless.

Well the gamers have spoken and picked GT Sport and last time I checked gamers > useless game critics and their opinions.

Despite all the rave reviews Flopza got it couldn't even break a million and you can't say it's because it's a new unknown franchise, gamers just didn't give a shit about it.

Ah the gamers.

Will Sony make an Exclusive that the Gamers choose more than Wii Fit or Wii Sports Resort?

Why bother with God of War when Tetris is the best selling game of all time.

The gamers have spoken!

Mario Kart is by far the best racer on the planet.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 QuadKnight

@kali-b1rd said:
@quadknight said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@quadknight said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Priceless.

Ah the gamers.

Will Sony make an Exclusive that the Gamers choose more than Wii Fit or Wii Sports Resort?

Why bother with God of War when Tetris is the best selling game of all time.

The gamers have spoken!

Mario Kart is by far the best racer on the planet.

It very well could be but in the realm of console sim racers GT Sport is King and Flopza is a jester. The gamers have spoken.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56256 Posts

That's not bad at all. Let's not forget this is a sims racing game and sims racing isn't for everyone, but nevertheless, this chart shows it's doing well. Best on PS4 console by a mile.

It's like people want this to fail and be left with MTX, Forza, and Project Cars/Asseto Corsa who can't control anything on a controller, but for GT Sport, best car handling with a controller by far. Excellent gameplay. Amazing lightning. Outstanding multiplayer. GT Sport needs to do well if we're getting a fully feature 200 tracks 1000 cars GT7 in the next five years by the time whenever PS5 arrives.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 DaVillain  Moderator

@vfighter said:

@kali-b1rd: Lol, yeah ok.

You honestly don't know who that is? This has been said many times already and we all know who that is and if you haven't been following this, then I feel sorry for you.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#124 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

It's a very good and polished game! I'm still waiting for a VR mode against more AIs.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

So GT Sport outsold every Xbone exclusive aside from Halo 5.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Kali-B1rd

@davillain- said:
@vfighter said:

You honestly don't know who that is? This has been said many times already and we all know who that is and if you haven't been following this, then I feel sorry for you.

I'm still being called NyaDC by some of these crazy people.

It's like avoiding the truth is second nature to them

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 DaVillain  Moderator

@kali-b1rd said:
@davillain- said:
@vfighter said:

Heh, I already know who NyaDC new account is, I'm more surprise everyone here assumes you are and few of us who has been following you already know you are true legit here and who you was before.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@davillain-: Who is it then? Please feel sorry for me because I haven't been following and don't know who's alt/new account it is.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 DaVillain  Moderator

@vfighter said:

@davillain-: Who is it then? Please feel sorry for me because I haven't been following and don't know who's alt/new account it is.

MBirdy88. He ask for his old account to be deleted by the mods so he can make a fresh one, which is legal here btw.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@davillain-: I vaguely remember him, I must have missed the drama of his return (if there was any).

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#131  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

More sales than it deserves.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

Great job for a genre that only a few appreciate. Unlike that other trash game Forza Microtransaction 7

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#133 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

@_Matt_: why? It's 221 cars, 57 tracks, career mode, licence school, ground breaking livery system, a ground breaking online system. Extreme levels of polish and to top it off, incredible physics.

Why is it not worth the sales.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 inggrish

@TorqueHappens08: GT lost its edge a long time ago, but I would be willing to wager it sells a large portion just because of the brand it is. If GT Sport was the same game of a different ip it would have barely passed 1 million sales.

This is coming from someone who used to be a die hard GT fan.

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By TorqueHappens08

@_Matt_: yeah Gran Turismo is an iconic name like.

Grand Theft Auto

Or Need For Speed.

But i don't think it's lost it's edge, i beileve they just wanted to take a big risk and go a different direction, which they pretty much suceeded in doing.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 inggrish

@TorqueHappens08: sure, and don't get me wrong: new direction is great and I applaud that. But GT5 and GT6 were archaic dinosaurs of racing games.

GT Sport tried to freshen up, the physics are top notch, the online is well thought out, the cars are breathtakingly beautiful. But somehow, somehow - the game still feels sterile and dated. The single player was an afterthought that was very shallow compared to the glory days of GT4, missing so much that kept me hooked to the older games. I love that they still support GT Sport and are always adding more, but it's too late, for me personally. The sales numbers are to me mind boggling - I don't understand how the above game could earn all those sales.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

Horizon 3 is the best racing game this gen

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 QuadKnight

@_Matt_ said:

@TorqueHappens08: sure, and don't get me wrong: new direction is great and I applaud that. But GT5 and GT6 were archaic dinosaurs of racing games.

GT Sport tried to freshen up, the physics are top notch, the online is well thought out, the cars are breathtakingly beautiful. But somehow, somehow - the game still feels sterile and dated. The single player was an afterthought that was very shallow compared to the glory days of GT4, missing so much that kept me hooked to the older games. I love that they still support GT Sport and are always adding more, but it's too late, for me personally. The sales numbers are to me mind boggling - I don't understand how the above game could earn all those sales.

It's simple really, people love the polish of what's already there in the game. The driving and physics are top notch for a console sim. It's probably the best handling driving game on consoles, feels great with both a controller and a steering wheel. Sport mode is actually fun to race because there are rules and people don't drive like idiots online. The AI in the game is also top-notch stuff so when you play solo you don't feel like you're getting rammed out of the track by dumbshit AI. When you add the attention to detail in the cars (best out there), track detail, nice graphics, and on top of that a VR mode it's easy to see why people enjoy the game. It might not have as many features as some other racers out there but what it does have is extremely polished.

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By TorqueHappens08

@GioVela2010: i agree as far as open world racers go before the crew 2.

I own horizon 3 and enjoy it just as much as i enjoy gran turismo and it's my goto open world racer. When i want to chill and relax... eventhough 90% of players hang out at the airfield doing drag in V12 darts or drift in that parking lot in surfers paradise.

Will probably change one the crew 2 comes out.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:

Easily... up there for racing GOAT too.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 QuadKnight

@true4k said:
@quadknight said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@quadknight said:
@xhawk27 said:

@davillain- said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@davillain- said:
@vfighter said:

Heh, I already know who NyaDC new account is, I'm more surprise everyone here assumes you are and few of us who has been following you already know you are true legit here and who you was before.

You'd be wrong, I'm glad that even after months I'm still living in your heads rent free.

You guys sound like paranoid schizophrenics and think every new user is me, it's hilarious the toll I took on you.

Hello NyaDC. Another account today, you don't get bored of this do you.

Enjoy getting banned again.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@true4k said:
@quadknight said:
@true4k said:

Hello NyaDC. Another account today, you don't get bored of this do you.

Enjoy getting banned again.

I pop in from time to time, I don't even know why they bother to ban me as it doesn't serve any kind of purpose. I'm on another forum anyway so this place just functions as an auxiliary when I want to read some shit posting. I simply wanted to clear the air for these other users, they're not me.

You're biggest mistake is, you already told us who you are now! You can't even simply just NOT say you're own previous name. Next time when you make an new account, don't let us know who you are.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 DaVillain  Moderator

@true4k said:

What are you talking about?

I'm talking about how silly you are for a new Lem here.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 DaVillain  Moderator

@true4k: That's the idea XD

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:

cant really disagree with this

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#150 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

This thread is so fundamentally stupid, cows are calling the Forza series a failure and only count the sales of individual games and REFUSE to understand that sales numbers on Forza is scattered while with GT sales are concentrated.

Yes if you only compare GT Sport with Forza 7 then GT appears to be the winning series, but if we are talking real world data, have the cows considered for a second that there are multiple Forza games on the X1? 5 games in fact? no of course not, because if they compared total sales that would shattered their fragile (but big) ego and this (quite frankly pathetic) thread would get shut down.

Ask yourself, in this gen of consoles, if someone bought Forza 5 what would the likelihood be that they would buy Forza 7? and if you own a PS4 what alternatives to GT Sport would you have? (strictly speaking of exclusives)