GTA V PC - preorders start tomorrow?

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

When the game first launched i'd have loved a PC version, but now i'm over it really, plenty of games coming out soon to keep me occupied, though i'll probably pick it up on PC down the road in a Steam sale.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I love dropping into Far Cry 3's world, especially the Reset Outpost mode. How much of an improvement is GTA V over it? If it is an improvement, I may consider buying my first GTA game ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I love dropping into Far Cry 3's world, especially the Reset Outpost mode. How much of an improvement is GTA V over it? If it is an improvement, I may consider buying my first GTA game ever.

Really hard to compare the two. They're almost nothing alike. GTA V tends to have pretty scripted but very extravagant missions where as FC3 allowed a more open sort of feel. GTA V has a better story than FC3 though (not hard)

GTA V is fun to mess around in after you finish the story and it has the online mode too which I'd imagine will get even more bombastic with user created stuff on PC

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

I have a copy sitting next to me that a buddy gave me, didn't like what I played from the first hour or two. If the mod community takes off on this I may give it a go on PC down the road.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

I'll buy it. Didn't buy console version because low gfx low fps and long load times.

Its a no brainier.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

I might double dip.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

I'll buy it. Didn't buy console version because low gfx low fps and long load times.

Its a no brainier.

...do you even have a console? or a PC that could run it well?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58  Edited By millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

I'm not buying it again. It was a good game, but not worth getting it on PC. I'm sure it will be pretty poorly optimized to boot. Too many games coming for ps4,ps3,xbone, and wiiu for me.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@mr-powers said:

should read "GTA5 PC - begging stops tomorrow?"

Most won't buy it on pc until it is dirt cheap, it's optimized/fixed, and has decent mods. So, a couple years after release. I guess that's part of the problem, and why Rockstar treats the platform like a step child. Even though the 360 version is fucked up, console GTA5 is very impressive and holds up well against next gen unlike other games.

Only if Rockstar is completely silly.

Here is how someone handles a game they are not terribly interested in on the console: "Not going to buy it. Well, maybe used when I go trade in games..." The developer/publisher sees no money from this transaction.

Here is how someone handles a game they are not terribly interested in on PC: "Well, it is only fifteen bucks... Who knows it might be fun with mods!" The developer/publisher sees some money from this transaction.

The most likely reason for the PC delay was to inspire people to double dip, and that there is no way a PC gamer would spend fifty bucks on a money cheat. I would like to think it was quality control, but odds are it was money/cash shop. Console gamers who spent real money on in game money would have been seriously pissed to find out that it cost $50.00 to get cash on the xbox/ps3, while PC gamers just installed a mod and jumped on the server where they could press F3 to spawn a flying tank that helped them do battle with Godzilla monsters.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Nah. GTA5 is so last year. But only a year late is like brand new for PC Beggars.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I wouldn't have bought GTAV by now even if it launched on PC last year.

If it shows up on PC I'm not sure if I'll ever play it. If I'm in the mood for GTA, and it goes on sale three years from now for $5 then maybe.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46281 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Nah. GTA5 is so last year. But only a year late is like brand new for PC Beggars.

Yeah, it's not like consoles ever get something a year late

... that would never happen

Or planetside 2

or Crysis

or DayZ

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Cyberdot said:

I've been avoiding console version of the game for a good while, and it looks like I'm in for a treat soon.

People who are double dipping aren't doing the industry any good. It just encourages Rockstar to keep their bad practice of releasing console versions first...

Absolutely. Say no to Rockstar $hit.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

GTA V is fun to mess around in after you finish the story and it has the online mode too which I'd imagine will get even more bombastic with user created stuff on PC

That's what I mean. I barely returned to the SP campaign of Far Cry 3 after I finished it. The only reason I'm replaying the SP right now is because I accidentally deleted all my game screenshots. I spend 99% of my Far Cry 3 time in its Reset Outpost mode.

If GTA V's free roam is as good or better, then it might be worth a look if it comes out on the PC because I prefer to play open-world games on the PC.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#65 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

There have been pre-orders for quite awhile now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

That's what I mean. I barely returned to the SP campaign of Far Cry 3 after I finished it. The only reason I'm replaying the SP right now is because I accidentally deleted all my game screenshots. I spend 99% of my Far Cry 3 time in its Reset Outpost mode.

If GTA V's free roam is as good or better, then it might be worth a look if it comes out on the PC because I prefer to play open-world games on the PC.

Well it's a different kind of replay value. it's not really the type that when you finish the GTA V story then you have a tonne of missions to do. You will if you skip some side stuff to finish the campaign, but it's more of a "what can I experiment with" replayability. Like I started putting tanks on top of the mountain with choppers and having police shootouts or crushing stuff with trains etc.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@lostrib said:

I wonder how big the download will be. The console version is already like 18Gb. And GTAIV on PC is already 16

Well max payne 3 was 30GB :P

Hopefully nothing gigantic cos I wanna play it fast and don't wanna wait days for it to finish

How fast is your internet?

Personally I don't have that much interest in GTAV from what I have played of it, so not likely to buy this version, but good for all the pc gamers who have been patiently waiting for this to arrive.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

There have been pre-orders for quite awhile now.

It seems this news is just a bogus one. I'm searching GTA 5 for PC on German Amazon and I'm unable to find it. But about a week ago it was available.

Same with French Amazon.

MeganFocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MeganFocks
Member since 2014 • 162 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Northernboxer said:

I will be double dipping. The game seems like it was made with more powerful hardware in mind. I mean, the aliasing is like having a constant strobe light flashing in your face on the console version.

Yeah the game really does cry out for better hardware.

Hopefully a next gen version is announced too

They already said they had no plans to bring the game too Wii or next-gen consoles. So right now only a PC release seems possible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@lostrib said:

I wonder how big the download will be. The console version is already like 18Gb. And GTAIV on PC is already 16

Hopefully nothing gigantic cos I wanna play it fast and don't wanna wait days for it to finish

Personally I don't have that much interest in GTAV from what I have played of it, so not likely to buy this version, but good for all the pc gamers who have been patiently waiting for this to arrive.

It's a 3MB connection and the max speed I get for download is 300 kb/s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@meganfocks said:

They already said they had no plans to bring the game too Wii or next-gen consoles. So right now only a PC release seems possible.

Because companies can't change their minds? They said that a while back because it might have been true back then. Things could have changed since. If they have a working PC version then a working port to PS4 or X1 shouldn't be too hard

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

nothing so far. sounds like a wild goose chase just so the site can get some hits.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Didn't buy it at the time but will do when it comes to PC.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@Shielder7: I dont think you can play online with a cracked game.

Well I never said anything about MP, but there are such things as private servers. If they can do it with Spincity I'm sure they can do it for GTA V

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By inggrish

@seanmcloughlin said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@lostrib said:

eeeeew, that sucks for you :/ , I guess it could be worse, but I bet downloading full games is a bitch

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Jankarcop said:

Its a no brainier.

...do you even have a console? or a PC that could run it well?

I have a ps3 and pc...

What a random question, I don't see you asking this to the other people in here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

eeeeew, that sucks for you :/ , I guess it could be worse, but I bet downloading full games is a bitch

That's an understatement to say the least. It's about 1 hr 20 mins per GB and that's if it's flat out at 300 kb/s non stop. Which it never is. I usually leave stuff working over night all the time like downloading and uploading so my computer is rarely turned off fully.

What's worse though is uploading videos for youtube. I have to do all my videos at shitty 720p and a low-ish bit rate just so it doesn't take a day to upload. It's really damn annoying

MeganFocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 MeganFocks

@seanmcloughlin said:

Was this posted?

Gamereactor has learnt that the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V is about to go on pre-order.

Nordic retailer Elgiganten (owned by Dixons Retail UK) will start taking orders for Grand Theft Auto V on PC this Friday, which has been confirmed to us via a manager of one of the Swedish stores.

While there's been no official confirmation of the game arriving on PC, and there's nothing yet regarding the pre-orders in the UK, the fact that Swedish gamers will be able to reserve their copy of the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V is a good indication that it's on its way.

Source

How many of you would double dip for the PC version? I know I would. Any of you not played it yet waiting for a possible PC version?

Nope.avi. Maybe you guys didn't beg hard enough? Because there's still NO ANNOUNCEMENT.

I doubt GTA V will ever come to PC, GTA:LCS and GTA VCS never came to PC, RDR never came to PC.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@meganfocks said:

Nope.avi. Maybe you guys didn't beg hard enough? Because there's still NO ANNOUNCEMENT.

I doubt GTA V will ever come to PC, GTA:LCS and GTA VCS never came to PC, RDR never came to PC.

Wow, 2 GTA games that only came out on PSP and PS2 never came to PC ?

On the other hand, GTA 1, GTA 2, GTA London, GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA IV and GTA Episodes from Liberty City all came to PC.

And you can play LCS and VCS on PC with mods. So for those that really wanted it, no need for a Rockstar port ;)

MeganFocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 MeganFocks

@R4gn4r0k said:

@meganfocks said:

On the other hand, GTA 1, GTA 2, GTA London, GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA IV and GTA Episodes from Liberty City all came to PC.

And you can play LCS and VCS on PC with mods. So for those that really wanted it, no need for a Rockstar port ;)

Don't forget GTA Chinatown Wars, that's 4 games that didn't come to PC and now GTA V is the fifth game. But don't worry mate, someone is already making a GTA IV to GTA V total conversion.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@meganfocks said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@meganfocks said:

Don't forget GTA Chinatown Wars, that's 4 games that didn't come to PC and now GTA V is the fifth game. But don't worry mate, someone is already making a GTA IV to GTA V total conversion.

The main console series has appeared on the PC. It's just the portable games that haven't.

MeganFocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 MeganFocks

@gameofthering said:

@meganfocks said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@meganfocks said:

The main console series has appeared on the PC. It's just the portable games that haven't.

Who's saying that won't change though? Right now it looks like GTA is going to be a console exclusive franchise.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@meganfocks said:

@gameofthering said:

@meganfocks said:

Who's saying that won't change though? Right now it looks like GTA is going to be a console exclusive franchise.

What you are doing is just speculating, same with people that say GTA V will come to PC.

But more signs point towards it coming to PC than not. What reasons do you have to believe GTA V will stay console exclusive ? GTA: LCS, VCS and Chinatown Wars ? Please, you need better arguments than a bunch of games that didn't come to consoles either, like Chinatown Wars. LCS and VCS only hit PS2.

And let's face it GTA V would be much better on PC, Xbone and PS4: no more framedrops for one thing.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@meganfocks: Who knows. Most GTA titles have taken 7-9 months to appear on the PC after the consoles. I'll give them until September(That will be exactly 1 year) and if we hear nothing after that, then I'll give up waiting for it.

MeganFocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MeganFocks

@R4gn4r0k said:

@meganfocks said:

@gameofthering said:

@meganfocks said:

What you are doing is just speculating, same with people that say GTA V will come to PC.

But more signs point towards it coming to PC than not. What reasons do you have to believe GTA V will stay console exclusive ? GTA: LCS, VCS and Chinatown Wars ? Please, you need better arguments than a bunch of games that didn't come to consoles either, like Chinatown Wars. LCS and VCS only hit PS2.

And let's face it GTA V would be much better on PC, Xbone and PS4: no more framedrops for one thing.

Leming comfirmed. No more frame drops on Xbox One? Really? The Bone can't even run last gen Tomb Raider.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 R4gn4r0k

@meganfocks said:

Leming comfirmed. No more frame drops on Xbox One? Really? The Bone can't even run last gen Tomb Raider.

Your trolling is pretty obvious. You know the Xbone is more powerful than the PS3 and 360...

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#87  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

Was this posted?

Gamereactor has learnt that the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V is about to go on pre-order.

Nordic retailer Elgiganten (owned by Dixons Retail UK) will start taking orders for Grand Theft Auto V on PC this Friday, which has been confirmed to us via a manager of one of the Swedish stores.

While there's been no official confirmation of the game arriving on PC, and there's nothing yet regarding the pre-orders in the UK, the fact that Swedish gamers will be able to reserve their copy of the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V is a good indication that it's on its way.

Source

How many of you would double dip for the PC version? I know I would. Any of you not played it yet waiting for a possible PC version?

Im buying it when the first MODS come out ,definitly. Im still having a blast with GTA 4 mods

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Kinthalis said:

@lostrib said:

@Kinthalis said:

@lostrib said:

@Kinthalis said:

No double dip for me. I stopped playing games on peasant boxes when I was no longer chronically broke.

trying too hard

Dems the facts mam.

Still trying too hard

Fine.

::Sits back in hammock wearing wife beater and underwear with a pina colada in one hand and a white russian in the other::

The console version is painful on the eyes Dude. Like no way.

Way, way, way too hard. We all know you're posting from mothers basement, the only rays you catch are the ones leaking through the steel grating on the windows.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Kinthalis said:

@lostrib said:

@Kinthalis said:

@lostrib said:

@Kinthalis said:

No double dip for me. I stopped playing games on peasant boxes when I was no longer chronically broke.

trying too hard

Dems the facts mam.

Still trying too hard

Fine.

::Sits back in hammock wearing wife beater and underwear with a pina colada in one hand and a white russian in the other::

Way, way, way too hard. We all know you're posting from mothers basement, the only rays you catch are the ones leaking through the steel grating on the windows.

Agreed, if he had a pina colada in one hand and a white russian in the other, with what hand would he be typing that message ? :S

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Kinthalis said:

@lostrib said:

@Kinthalis said:

@lostrib said:

@Kinthalis said:

trying too hard

Dems the facts mam.

Still trying too hard

Fine.

Agreed, if he had a pina colada in one hand and a white russian in the other, with what hand would he be typing that message ? :S

he's obviously using his feet.

I mean c'mon.. For the masterbate race this isn't even an issue.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

he's obviously using his feet.

I mean c'mon.. For the masterbate race this isn't even an issue.

Not a bad idea at all. If I use my feet to type, I'll have my hands free to do other stuff.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@lostrib said:

On wireless, the connection is rated for 120Mb/s.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 inggrish

@clyde46 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@lostrib said:

On wireless, the connection is rated for 120Mb/s.

Nice speeds aside from the upload, why is that so low?

This is for me on my wireless:

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#94 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

This thread would have been better if it was an actual announcement of release.

It would be odd for Rockstar not to release the game on PC. It's basically free money for them. Plus, if they don't, that's pretty much it for them on PC.

I own a PS3 and XBOX 360, but after buying GTA4 first on consoles, I'm not interested in dealing with the graphical, frame-rate, and control issues that come from it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#95  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

Guys, just install Saints Row IV, it's way more creative and fun.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

how about no

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 inggrish

@wis3boi said:

@uninspiredcup said:

how about no

Shot down pretty quickly there. But yeah Saints Row is somehow worse than GTA. I'm not even a fan of GTA to begin with...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#98  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

Saints Row, as a video game it is vastly superior with more creativity in it's first hour compared to the 50 hours of GTA 5.

For you older pc gamere sitting waiting, silently, patiently. It's not worth it. I've played it (on a console sadly) and you really are better off with Saints Row 3/4. The creativity and humor on display makes Grand Theft Auto unchanging sequel after sequel seem rather redundant in comparison. COOP too. Bring friends.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Saints Row, as a video game it is vastly superior with more creativity in it's first hour compared to the 50 hours of GTA 5.

For you older pc gamere sitting waiting, silently, patiently. It's not worth it. I've played it (on a console sadly) and you really are better off with Saints Row 3/4.

how about no