GTA V PC - preorders start tomorrow?

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38167 posts) -

Was this posted?

Gamereactor has learnt that the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V is about to go on pre-order.

Nordic retailer Elgiganten (owned by Dixons Retail UK) will start taking orders for Grand Theft Auto V on PC this Friday, which has been confirmed to us via a manager of one of the Swedish stores.

While there's been no official confirmation of the game arriving on PC, and there's nothing yet regarding the pre-orders in the UK, the fact that Swedish gamers will be able to reserve their copy of the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V is a good indication that it's on its way.

Source

How many of you would double dip for the PC version? I know I would. Any of you not played it yet waiting for a possible PC version?

#2 Posted by lostrib (31694 posts) -

Haven't played. Maybe get it at some point. Depends how the PC version turns out

#3 Posted by PonchoTaco (1904 posts) -

I would double dip for the better performance and free online.

#4 Posted by Northernboxer (1666 posts) -

I will be double dipping. The game seems like it was made with more powerful hardware in mind. I mean, the aliasing is like having a constant strobe light flashing in your face on the console version.

#5 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38167 posts) -

I will be double dipping. The game seems like it was made with more powerful hardware in mind. I mean, the aliasing is like having a constant strobe light flashing in your face on the console version.

Yeah the game really does cry out for better hardware.

Hopefully a next gen version is announced too

#6 Posted by jg4xchamp (46675 posts) -

Not double dipping unless on a ridiculous steam sale.

#7 Edited by TwistedShade (3123 posts) -

Might double dip depending on how it runs and if the PC version is improved over the console versions.

Although I would also need to see the price, and release date because I have so much to do these following months.

#8 Posted by Shielder7 (4697 posts) -

Downloading GTA V torrents starts the day after that.

#9 Posted by Mr-Powers (141 posts) -

should read "GTA5 PC - begging stops tomorrow?"

Most won't buy it on pc until it is dirt cheap, it's optimized/fixed, and has decent mods. So, a couple years after release. I guess that's part of the problem, and why Rockstar treats the platform like a step child. Even though the 360 version is fucked up, console GTA5 is very impressive and holds up well against next gen unlike other games.

#10 Posted by Joedgabe (5090 posts) -

I didn't finish it when i borrowed it... might be a good go for me. Though i still have Saints Row 4 to play... not much of a sandbox fan i'm afraid.

#11 Edited by Motokid6 (5019 posts) -

@Shielder7: I dont think you can play online with a cracked game.

#12 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4348 posts) -

So every time when PS4 cows troll us, we, PC gamers, will be able to reply with "But can PS4 play GTAV -_-". That will be SW check mate.

But outside of SW, I don't care replaying GTAV. It had too shallow gameplay and despite having a lot of jokes and satire, it wasn't funny. Except for Trevor. Trevor story was great. I would defintiely buy GTA dedicated only to Trevor. It remembered me a bit of Breaking Bad with its meth business and all.

Saints Row 4 and Black Flag were better sandboxes in my opinion.

#13 Edited by ni6htmare01 (835 posts) -
#14 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17095 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Haven't played. Maybe get it at some point. Depends how the PC version turns out

Blah. Don't bother...it's not a fun game outside of the few heist missions.

#15 Posted by Motokid6 (5019 posts) -

@mr-powers: Whys it begging? Explain this thoroughly to me.

#16 Posted by bobbetybob (19087 posts) -

Definitely double dipping. I don't really have much interest in replaying the singleplayer but I love messing around in the game and online so it'll be worth it just to have it in my collection.

#17 Posted by NFJSupreme (5025 posts) -

My patience will pay off no double dipping here

#18 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38167 posts) -

So every time when PS4 cows troll us, we, PC gamers, will be able to reply with "But can PS4 play GTAV -_-". That will be SW check mate.

But outside of SW, I don't care replaying GTAV. It had too shallow gameplay and despite having a lot of jokes and satire, it wasn't funny. Except for Trevor. Trevor story was great. I would defintiely buy GTA dedicated only to Trevor. It remembered me a bit of Breaking Bad with its meth business and all.

I bet a PS4/X1 version will get announced alongside the PC version. I'd be very surprised if it didn't

I wouldn't be double dipping for the story anyway. Just dicking around and maybe meeting up online with PC peeps

#19 Edited by flashn00b (2875 posts) -

I have to wonder if a PC version of GTAV will need to depend on a TF2 promo, as it would provide incentive for people who bought the game on PS3/360 to buy the game again.

#20 Edited by DarkGamer007 (6021 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

I bet a PS4/X1 version will get announced alongside the PC version. I'd be very surprised if it didn't

I wouldn't be double dipping for the story anyway. Just dicking around and maybe meeting up online with PC peeps

I think it would be crazy for Rockstar not to release GTAV on PC/PS4/X1.

#21 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4348 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

I would bet more on the scenario that PC version will arrive first and consoles version, only some 6 months later.

Firstly, because there weren't rumors or pre-order leaks for next gen console version of GTA 5. Secondly, because of GTA5 petition. Thirdly, PC has a bigger install base than PS4 and X1 combined right now, so Rockstar will prioritize PC over consoles this time. They have a lot of stuff on their hands anyway. They surely dont want to repeat the disastrous launch of GTA4 on PC, and online issues that GTAV had on consoles, or else they will lose the last vestiges of good reputation among PC gamers.

#22 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16092 posts) -

I have double dipped on every GTA ever since GTA started appearing on consoles first.

But retailers taking pre-orders for GTA V isn't something new. It's best to wait for official Rockstar news. I'm also wondering when they are going to announce the removal of GFWL from their previous GTAs as they will stop working in a few months... :(

#23 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38167 posts) -

I would bet more on the scenario that PC version will arrive first and consoles version, only some 6 months later.

Firstly, because there weren't rumors or pre-order leaks for next gen console version of GTA 5. Secondly, because of GTA5 petition. Thirdly, PC has a bigger install base than PS4 and X1 combined right now, so Rockstar will prioritize PC over consoles this time. They have a lot of stuff on their hands anyway. They surely dont want to repeat the disastrous launch of GTA4 on PC, and online issues that GTAV had on consoles, or else they will lose the last vestiges of good reputation among PC gamers.

If R* were gonna make the PC and next gen versions anyway then that petition meant fuck all and didn't even factor into the equation.

Maybe it would come later than the PC version but it being easier to port stuff now and PCs and consoles being more similar than ever could mean a triple next gen launch

#24 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4348 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

If R* were gonna make the PC and next gen versions anyway then that petition meant fuck all and didn't even factor into the equation.

Maybe it would come later than the PC version but it being easier to port stuff now and PCs and consoles being more similar than ever could mean a triple next gen launch

No doubt PCs and next gen consoles are similar, this is why R* has more reasons to delay the console version to save consoles users from all launch bugs that may have place on PC. After all, updates on PC are free. Making a port from last gen to next gen is no picnic as architectures are too different. Also I don't see how a port from PC to PS4 could be easy, as PS4 is not using DirectX.

#25 Posted by heretrix (37253 posts) -

Was this posted?

How many of you would double dip for the PC version?

They had my money before the console version came out. I bought the PS3 GTA V bundle just to play it.

A good side effect is that PSN + has really come into it's own and I've been using that to beef up my ps3 library.

#26 Posted by silversix_ (13639 posts) -

i skipped it on ps360 so if it comes to pc and isn't optimized by r*tards i'll get it

#27 Edited by Kinthalis (5251 posts) -

No double dip for me. I stopped playing games on peasant boxes when I was no longer chronically broke (i.e a student).

#28 Posted by lostrib (31694 posts) -

No double dip for me. I stopped playing games on peasant boxes when I was no longer chronically broke.

trying too hard

#29 Posted by V3rciS (2207 posts) -

Nah not for me... haven't even played the console version

#30 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16476 posts) -

I already have it for PS3, but I will be getting it for PC as well. But I will wait until I can grab it on Steam for $5.

#31 Posted by Kinthalis (5251 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Kinthalis said:

No double dip for me. I stopped playing games on peasant boxes when I was no longer chronically broke.

trying too hard

Dems the facts mam.

#32 Posted by pelvist (4468 posts) -

Im waiting for the PC version, its unlikely but if there isnt a PC version then I dont care if i never play it. Hype has dwindled away for this game since its release on consoles.

#33 Edited by lostrib (31694 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Kinthalis said:

trying too hard

Dems the facts mam.

Still trying too hard

#34 Posted by Kinthalis (5251 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Kinthalis said:

@lostrib said:

@Kinthalis said:

trying too hard

Dems the facts mam.

Still trying too hard

Fine.

::Sits back in hammock wearing wife beater and underwear with a pina colada in one hand and a white russian in the other::

The console version is painful on the eyes Dude. Like no way.

#35 Edited by musicalmac (22666 posts) -

I think the best time to buy is whenever it's on Steam for a dollar. That's when I'll pick it up.

#36 Posted by Kinthalis (5251 posts) -

I think the best time to buy is whenever it's on Steam for a dollar. That's when I'll pick it up.

A Dollar?! Good lord that's a lot of money!

#37 Edited by musicalmac (22666 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

A Dollar?! Good lord that's a lot of money!

Well, sometimes I look at gaming as an investment. I feel like for a dollar I'd get my moneys worth. It's all about the value proposition.

#38 Posted by clyde46 (43628 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

R* has already said no to a next gen release of GTA5....

#39 Edited by Cyberdot (3510 posts) -

I've been avoiding console version of the game for a good while, and it looks like I'm in for a treat soon.

People who are double dipping aren't doing the industry any good. It just encourages Rockstar to keep their bad practice of releasing console versions first...

#40 Posted by Cranler (7773 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@DarkGamer007 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

That means nothing.

#41 Posted by uninspiredcup (6900 posts) -

It will be interesting to see if it's reasonably priced or massively overpriced like al ot of hyped titles these days. I blame the young console people, they get duped and in turn publishers try it on with pc gamers.

#42 Edited by clyde46 (43628 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@clyde46 said:

@DarkGamer007 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

That means nothing.

You trolling or you are really this stupid?

#43 Posted by flashn00b (2875 posts) -

I have to wonder if we might see any noteworthy mods outside of replacing the playable characters with Touhoes

#44 Posted by Heil68 (42679 posts) -

Not double dipping unless on a ridiculous steam sale.

Yup, already beat it months ago, no need to play on PC unless its on sale for under $10.

#45 Edited by Cranler (7773 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Cranler said:

@clyde46 said:

@DarkGamer007 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

That means nothing.

Rockstar said this about GTA 4 pc "We currently have no plans to develop for the pc"

http://whatifgaming.com/gta-iv-for-pc-very-doubtful

Which is about the same thing they're saying now about next gen console versions of GTA V.

It's called marketing. You think devs and pubs immediately announce everything they're developing or plan to develop?

#46 Posted by clyde46 (43628 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@clyde46 said:

@Cranler said:

@clyde46 said:

@DarkGamer007 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

That means nothing.

Rockstar said this about GTA 4 pc "We currently have no plans to develop for the pc"

http://whatifgaming.com/gta-iv-for-pc-very-doubtful

Which is about the same thing they're saying now about next gen console versions of GTA V.

It's called marketing. You think devs and pubs immediately announce everything they're developing or plan to develop?

Well, going by that logic. We've seen hints at a PC version but all we have to go on about a PS4/X1 release of V is a big fat no from R* themselves....

#47 Posted by kipsta77 (900 posts) -

Ofcoarse I'm going to 'double-dip', I always do with GTA.

Why not? On PC I can play it at more than double the console framerate, higher resolution, larger player count in GTA Online, and much better textures.

#48 Posted by blangenakker (2067 posts) -

Would rather wait till 'if' it actually comes out to see if they had bothered to optimize it

#49 Posted by lostrib (31694 posts) -

I wonder how big the download will be. The console version is already like 18Gb. And GTAIV on PC is already 16

#50 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38167 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I wonder how big the download will be. The console version is already like 18Gb. And GTAIV on PC is already 16

Well max payne 3 was 30GB :P

Hopefully nothing gigantic cos I wanna play it fast and don't wanna wait days for it to finish