GTA V PC - preorders start tomorrow?

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Was this posted?

Gamereactor has learnt that the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V is about to go on pre-order.

Nordic retailer Elgiganten (owned by Dixons Retail UK) will start taking orders for Grand Theft Auto V on PC this Friday, which has been confirmed to us via a manager of one of the Swedish stores.

While there's been no official confirmation of the game arriving on PC, and there's nothing yet regarding the pre-orders in the UK, the fact that Swedish gamers will be able to reserve their copy of the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V is a good indication that it's on its way.

Source

How many of you would double dip for the PC version? I know I would. Any of you not played it yet waiting for a possible PC version?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Haven't played. Maybe get it at some point. Depends how the PC version turns out

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

I would double dip for the better performance and free online.

Northernboxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Northernboxer
Member since 2004 • 1723 Posts

I will be double dipping. The game seems like it was made with more powerful hardware in mind. I mean, the aliasing is like having a constant strobe light flashing in your face on the console version.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Northernboxer said:

I will be double dipping. The game seems like it was made with more powerful hardware in mind. I mean, the aliasing is like having a constant strobe light flashing in your face on the console version.

Yeah the game really does cry out for better hardware.

Hopefully a next gen version is announced too

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Not double dipping unless on a ridiculous steam sale.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Might double dip depending on how it runs and if the PC version is improved over the console versions.

Although I would also need to see the price, and release date because I have so much to do these following months.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Downloading GTA V torrents starts the day after that.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

should read "GTA5 PC - begging stops tomorrow?"

Most won't buy it on pc until it is dirt cheap, it's optimized/fixed, and has decent mods. So, a couple years after release. I guess that's part of the problem, and why Rockstar treats the platform like a step child. Even though the 360 version is fucked up, console GTA5 is very impressive and holds up well against next gen unlike other games.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

I didn't finish it when i borrowed it... might be a good go for me. Though i still have Saints Row 4 to play... not much of a sandbox fan i'm afraid.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

So every time when PS4 cows troll us, we, PC gamers, will be able to reply with "But can PS4 play GTAV -_-". That will be SW check mate.

But outside of SW, I don't care replaying GTAV. It had too shallow gameplay and despite having a lot of jokes and satire, it wasn't funny. Except for Trevor. Trevor story was great. I would defintiely buy GTA dedicated only to Trevor. It remembered me a bit of Breaking Bad with its meth business and all.

Saints Row 4 and Black Flag were better sandboxes in my opinion.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@jhonMalcovich:

Sure the PS4 can ... with PS Now lol

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@lostrib said:

Haven't played. Maybe get it at some point. Depends how the PC version turns out

Blah. Don't bother...it's not a fun game outside of the few heist missions.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Definitely double dipping. I don't really have much interest in replaying the singleplayer but I love messing around in the game and online so it'll be worth it just to have it in my collection.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

My patience will pay off no double dipping here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@jhonMalcovich said:

So every time when PS4 cows troll us, we, PC gamers, will be able to reply with "But can PS4 play GTAV -_-". That will be SW check mate.

But outside of SW, I don't care replaying GTAV. It had too shallow gameplay and despite having a lot of jokes and satire, it wasn't funny. Except for Trevor. Trevor story was great. I would defintiely buy GTA dedicated only to Trevor. It remembered me a bit of Breaking Bad with its meth business and all.

I bet a PS4/X1 version will get announced alongside the PC version. I'd be very surprised if it didn't

I wouldn't be double dipping for the story anyway. Just dicking around and maybe meeting up online with PC peeps

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

I have to wonder if a PC version of GTAV will need to depend on a TF2 promo, as it would provide incentive for people who bought the game on PS3/360 to buy the game again.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

I bet a PS4/X1 version will get announced alongside the PC version. I'd be very surprised if it didn't

I wouldn't be double dipping for the story anyway. Just dicking around and maybe meeting up online with PC peeps

I think it would be crazy for Rockstar not to release GTAV on PC/PS4/X1.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jhonMalcovich

@seanmcloughlin said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

I would bet more on the scenario that PC version will arrive first and consoles version, only some 6 months later.

Firstly, because there weren't rumors or pre-order leaks for next gen console version of GTA 5. Secondly, because of GTA5 petition. Thirdly, PC has a bigger install base than PS4 and X1 combined right now, so Rockstar will prioritize PC over consoles this time. They have a lot of stuff on their hands anyway. They surely dont want to repeat the disastrous launch of GTA4 on PC, and online issues that GTAV had on consoles, or else they will lose the last vestiges of good reputation among PC gamers.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46199 Posts

I have double dipped on every GTA ever since GTA started appearing on consoles first.

But retailers taking pre-orders for GTA V isn't something new. It's best to wait for official Rockstar news. I'm also wondering when they are going to announce the removal of GFWL from their previous GTAs as they will stop working in a few months... :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1

@jhonMalcovich said:

I would bet more on the scenario that PC version will arrive first and consoles version, only some 6 months later.

Firstly, because there weren't rumors or pre-order leaks for next gen console version of GTA 5. Secondly, because of GTA5 petition. Thirdly, PC has a bigger install base than PS4 and X1 combined right now, so Rockstar will prioritize PC over consoles this time. They have a lot of stuff on their hands anyway. They surely dont want to repeat the disastrous launch of GTA4 on PC, and online issues that GTAV had on consoles, or else they will lose the last vestiges of good reputation among PC gamers.

If R* were gonna make the PC and next gen versions anyway then that petition meant **** all and didn't even factor into the equation.

Maybe it would come later than the PC version but it being easier to port stuff now and PCs and consoles being more similar than ever could mean a triple next gen launch

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jhonMalcovich

@seanmcloughlin said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

If R* were gonna make the PC and next gen versions anyway then that petition meant **** all and didn't even factor into the equation.

Maybe it would come later than the PC version but it being easier to port stuff now and PCs and consoles being more similar than ever could mean a triple next gen launch

No doubt PCs and next gen consoles are similar, this is why R* has more reasons to delay the console version to save consoles users from all launch bugs that may have place on PC. After all, updates on PC are free. Making a port from last gen to next gen is no picnic as architectures are too different. Also I don't see how a port from PC to PS4 could be easy, as PS4 is not using DirectX.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

Was this posted?

How many of you would double dip for the PC version?

They had my money before the console version came out. I bought the PS3 GTA V bundle just to play it.

A good side effect is that PSN + has really come into it's own and I've been using that to beef up my ps3 library.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

i skipped it on ps360 so if it comes to pc and isn't optimized by r*tards i'll get it

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

No double dip for me. I stopped playing games on peasant boxes when I was no longer chronically broke (i.e a student).

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lostrib

@Kinthalis said:

No double dip for me. I stopped playing games on peasant boxes when I was no longer chronically broke.

trying too hard

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

Nah not for me... haven't even played the console version

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I already have it for PS3, but I will be getting it for PC as well. But I will wait until I can grab it on Steam for $5.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kinthalis

@lostrib said:

@Kinthalis said:

No double dip for me. I stopped playing games on peasant boxes when I was no longer chronically broke.

trying too hard

Dems the facts mam.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Im waiting for the PC version, its unlikely but if there isnt a PC version then I dont care if i never play it. Hype has dwindled away for this game since its release on consoles.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lostrib

@Kinthalis said:

@lostrib said:

@Kinthalis said:

trying too hard

Dems the facts mam.

Still trying too hard

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kinthalis

@lostrib said:

@Kinthalis said:

@lostrib said:

@Kinthalis said:

trying too hard

Dems the facts mam.

Still trying too hard

Fine.

::Sits back in hammock wearing wife beater and underwear with a pina colada in one hand and a white russian in the other::

The console version is painful on the eyes Dude. Like no way.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I think the best time to buy is whenever it's on Steam for a dollar. That's when I'll pick it up.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kinthalis

@musicalmac said:

I think the best time to buy is whenever it's on Steam for a dollar. That's when I'll pick it up.

A Dollar?! Good lord that's a lot of money!

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@Kinthalis said:

@musicalmac said:

A Dollar?! Good lord that's a lot of money!

Well, sometimes I look at gaming as an investment. I feel like for a dollar I'd get my moneys worth. It's all about the value proposition.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@DarkGamer007 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

R* has already said no to a next gen release of GTA5....

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

I've been avoiding console version of the game for a good while, and it looks like I'm in for a treat soon.

People who are double dipping aren't doing the industry any good. It just encourages Rockstar to keep their bad practice of releasing console versions first...

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@DarkGamer007 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

That means nothing.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#41 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58847 Posts

It will be interesting to see if it's reasonably priced or massively overpriced like al ot of hyped titles these days. I blame the young console people, they get duped and in turn publishers try it on with pc gamers.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By clyde46

@Cranler said:

@clyde46 said:

@DarkGamer007 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

That means nothing.

You trolling or you are really this stupid?

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

I have to wonder if we might see any noteworthy mods outside of replacing the playable characters with Touhoes

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Not double dipping unless on a ridiculous steam sale.

Yup, already beat it months ago, no need to play on PC unless its on sale for under $10.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@Cranler said:

@clyde46 said:

@DarkGamer007 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

That means nothing.

Rockstar said this about GTA 4 pc "We currently have no plans to develop for the pc"

http://whatifgaming.com/gta-iv-for-pc-very-doubtful

Which is about the same thing they're saying now about next gen console versions of GTA V.

It's called marketing. You think devs and pubs immediately announce everything they're developing or plan to develop?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 clyde46

@Cranler said:

@clyde46 said:

@Cranler said:

@clyde46 said:

@DarkGamer007 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

That means nothing.

Rockstar said this about GTA 4 pc "We currently have no plans to develop for the pc"

http://whatifgaming.com/gta-iv-for-pc-very-doubtful

Which is about the same thing they're saying now about next gen console versions of GTA V.

It's called marketing. You think devs and pubs immediately announce everything they're developing or plan to develop?

Well, going by that logic. We've seen hints at a PC version but all we have to go on about a PS4/X1 release of V is a big fat no from R* themselves....

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

Ofcoarse I'm going to 'double-dip', I always do with GTA.

Why not? On PC I can play it at more than double the console framerate, higher resolution, larger player count in GTA Online, and much better textures.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Would rather wait till 'if' it actually comes out to see if they had bothered to optimize it

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lostrib

I wonder how big the download will be. The console version is already like 18Gb. And GTAIV on PC is already 16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@lostrib said:

I wonder how big the download will be. The console version is already like 18Gb. And GTAIV on PC is already 16

Well max payne 3 was 30GB :P

Hopefully nothing gigantic cos I wanna play it fast and don't wanna wait days for it to finish