GTA V NO PC version...Is it down to piracy?

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts

Here is a link to a website (http://societyandreligion.com/gta-5-60-gb-pc-release-piracy,1701 )which talks about the predicted GB size of the game but also provides their own reason to why the game might not be coming to PC.

They have put it down to priacy. Say what you will PC does provide the best versions of most games relased but they are also the biggest when it comes to getting their games by ilegal means.

I think however they are keeping quite about a PC version of the game as its going to be the best looking version considering what they are trying to achieve on the consoles. This will drive sales on to the consoles from people who normally play PC and increase their sales and consoles wont have a PC game to comapre it to and see how much worse of it is. Then 6 months later release the PC version with all the trimmings and the people that bought it for console could very will pick it up again...thats my view on the subject anyway and I am a console gamer

Do you think this is true? or do you think there is another reason why its not coming or do you think it is going to be released later down the line.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
superior master race mythbusted!
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
It will come out a few months later on PC. If not, I won't buy it at all.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
No, it's down to "later." You know, like every other GTA game.
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
This happens with like.... every single GTA game. They will release it because they make money. Plus, if they don't want piracy they shouldn't release absolutely abhorrent ports, GTA IV had no AA, wtf is that? Still the best version of the game though, especially with mods.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts
I'm pretty sure it will be released a bit later.
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ziggyww
[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]No, it's down to "later." You know, like every other GTA game.

Well I agree it will come later but I think this is the first time that Rockstar has turned around and said no to a pc version and think this time they are going out of their way to increase sales on console. instead of just making it on console then just releasing it on PC
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Hermits need to leave the pirating to the professionals like me or Captain Jack Sparrow.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
[QUOTE="ziggyww"][QUOTE="PannicAtack"]No, it's down to "later." You know, like every other GTA game.

Well I agree it will come later but I think this is the first time that Rockstar has turned around and said no to a pc version and think this time they are going out of their way to increase sales on console. instead of just making it on console then just releasing it on PC

They said and did the exact same thing with GTA4,the PC version of GTA5 will end up being released months later,the only system that has a very little chance of getting GTA5 is the WiiU.
ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

That aritcle just talks out of its ass, GTA games always comes later on PC. The reason is that rockstar wants to make it for consoles first, then port it later to other systems, nothing to do with something else.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
They are dammed if they do, dammed if they dont. It will be just like every GTA release on PC, just a bit later after consoles....
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
It will come out a few months later on PC. If not, I won't buy it at all.BPoole96
Same here. If it doesn't come out on PC, I'm not buying it at all.
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ziggyww
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]It will come out a few months later on PC. If not, I won't buy it at all.DragonfireXZ95

Lots though will buy it then buy it on PC later aswell and some of them are going to be people that said they wont buy it but then decide they can't wait. happens every time. I got a mate whos like that always says he wont get it then got San andreas for console then pc and did the same with GTA IV don't think he has the patience to just wait lol
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 clyde46
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]It will come out a few months later on PC. If not, I won't buy it at all.ziggyww

Lots though will buy it then buy it on PC later aswell and some of them are going to be people that said they wont buy it but then decide they can't wait. happens every time. I got a mate whos like that always says he wont get it then got San andreas for console then pc and did the same with GTA IV don't think he has the patience to just wait lol

I've got it pre-ordered on the 360 and I'll get it on Steam later down the line.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

No GTA game has been announced for PC with the initial announcement. Yet every one of them has been ported a matter of a few months afterward. It's going to release on PC, just like the others.

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ziggyww
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="ziggyww"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] Same here. If it doesn't come out on PC, I'm not buying it at all.

I didn't do it with GTA IV but I have found myself having a PS2 and PC version of GTA SA I've got it pre-ordered on the 360 and I'll get it on Steam later down the line.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Dumb article. Same thing since GTA 3, delayed ports.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

It'll come to the PC, I'm sure of it.

Holy Jesus, 60GB? I know it's just a speculation, but I do feel sorry for lemmings if it's true.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#19 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

What 60GB?? If so its unplayable on 360 lol

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clyde46

Holy Jesus, 60GB? I know it's just a speculation, but I do feel sorry for lemmings if it's true.

GamerwillzPS
Wasnt GTA4 18Gb when it came out?
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

clyde46

Wasnt GTA4 18Gb when it came out?

Counted as 15,777MB on my PC, so it's 15.8GB

360 version is compressed as hell. With 60GB, it's really impossible to put it in 1 DVD after the compression.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

releasing a game for PC just isnt profitable enough because most peoples PCs arent capable of running such advanced game as GTA V

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

And they say piracy hurts PC gaming, this is a good example of how it helps it :)

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

releasing a game for PC just isnt profitable enough because most peoples PCs arent capable of running such advanced game as GTA V

AmnesiaHaze

Yeah GTAV is the only game that has graphics.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

[QUOTE="ziggyww"][QUOTE="PannicAtack"]No, it's down to "later." You know, like every other GTA game.MrYaotubo

They said and did the exact same thing with GTA4,the PC version of GTA5 will end up being released months later,the only system that has a very little chance of getting GTA5 is the WiiU.

This, although i do believe there's a chance the wiiu will get a version even if its a few months down the line like the pc version.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clyde46

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"][QUOTE="ziggyww"] Well I agree it will come later but I think this is the first time that Rockstar has turned around and said no to a pc version and think this time they are going out of their way to increase sales on console. instead of just making it on console then just releasing it on PCl34052

This, although i do believe there's a chance the wiiu will get a version even if its a few months down the line like the pc version.

Honestly, I believe R* would bring a port to the Wii U sometime down the line.
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ziggyww

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]

Bebi_vegeta

I get what he's saying though. Its one thing releasing it for PC and it being the best version but truthfully how many PC's are going to be able to play this at a good standard or standard of the consoles when you take into account of the optimisation will be better for consoles. There are alot less PC's that can play games at the top level up and above console level in my view. Your looking at 140 million people for consoles. Im guessing not even close to half of that number is the amount of people that can play GTA V at a level greater then PS3 or 360
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

It's probably mostly because of the PC "piracy", but also, it's a major system seller, regardless the console platform. Take-Two, Microsoft and Sony will pour huge amounts of money into marketing.

We have to be realistic. GTA V will probably sell around 15 million copies on both 360 and PS3 in the first week. On PC that figure would be around a million copies sold during the several years available on the shelves. 2 million at best.

On the other hand, I have my fingers crossed Rockstar ports GTA V to PC.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

And they say piracy hurts PC gaming, this is a good example of how it helps it :)

tenaka2

I'm not following...

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ziggyww
[QUOTE="l34052"]

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"] They said and did the exact same thing with GTA4,the PC version of GTA5 will end up being released months later,the only system that has a very little chance of getting GTA5 is the WiiU.clyde46

I think Nintendo needs to try and push for it to be released on the Wii U or I don't see it succeding. they keep saying its more powerful but I have yet to see a first party game or even a third party game look better then what you can get on the other consoles. Nintendo needs to get blockbuster like GTA V and get it at launch and its not enough for it to be a bad port like what we have seen so far it needs to be the best of the console versions. Other then that I see the Wii U not getting the customer base and dying out when the other consoles are released next year
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clyde46

It's probably mostly because of the PC "piracy", but also, it's a major system seller, regardless the console platform. Take-Two, Microsoft and Sony will pour huge amounts of money into marketing.

We have to be realistic. GTA V will probably sell around 15 million copies on both 360 and PS3 in the first week. On PC that figure would be around a million copies sold during the several years available on the shelves. 2 million at best.

IgGy621985
I'm sure GTA 4 and its expansions have sold more than a million on PC. Sure it doesn't sell as fast as consoles but PC games have always sold at a steady rate over a longer period of time.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clyde46
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="l34052"]

ziggyww

I think Nintendo needs to try and push for it to be released on the Wii U or I don't see it succeding. they keep saying its more powerful but I have yet to see a first party game or even a third party game look better then what you can get on the other consoles. Nintendo needs to get blockbuster like GTA V and get it at launch and its not enough for it to be a bad port like what we have seen so far it needs to be the best of the console versions. Other then that I see the Wii U not getting the customer base and dying out when the other consoles are released next year

Maybe Ninty will pull a MS and grab some exclusive content :P
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ziggyww
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="ziggyww"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Honestly, I believe R* would bring a port to the Wii U sometime down the line.

Ha maybe GTA kinda goes in a diffrent direction to the normal game selection on a Nintendo platform then again they did try and push black ops and they got mass effect etc. They should try and give it ago and talk to rockstar about creating a Wii U version. Microsoft I think paid $50 million to have the exclusive rights to xbox maybe Nintendo should think about doing the same...although I don't want them to I want it for my PS3
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]

ziggyww

I get what he's saying though. Its one thing releasing it for PC and it being the best version but truthfully how many PC's are going to be able to play this at a good standard or standard of the consoles when you take into account of the optimisation will be better for consoles. There are alot less PC's that can play games at the top level up and above console level in my view. Your looking at 140 million people for consoles. Im guessing not even close to half of that number is the amount of people that can play GTA V at a level greater then PS3 or 360

Well first, we don't even know how it will look like on console... we don't even have a base. Have you seen what other games look like on PS4/X720?

Like Last GTA4, PC surpassed it easily... even though it was kind of poorly optimized. So playing on console level wasn't that much demanding. But, there's other games that are releasing at Dx11 only... so what do you think is going to happen to them ?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clyde46
[QUOTE="ziggyww"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="ziggyww"] I think Nintendo needs to try and push for it to be released on the Wii U or I don't see it succeding. they keep saying its more powerful but I have yet to see a first party game or even a third party game look better then what you can get on the other consoles. Nintendo needs to get blockbuster like GTA V and get it at launch and its not enough for it to be a bad port like what we have seen so far it needs to be the best of the console versions. Other then that I see the Wii U not getting the customer base and dying out when the other consoles are released next year

Ha maybe GTA kinda goes in a diffrent direction to the normal game selection on a Nintendo platform then again they did try and push black ops and they got mass effect etc. They should try and give it ago and talk to rockstar about creating a Wii U version. Microsoft I think paid $50 million to have the exclusive rights to xbox maybe Nintendo should think about doing the same...although I don't want them to I want it for my PS3

Money isn't an issue for Ninty IIRC. But I do agree that Nintendo needs to seriously push some core games. They can't keep relying on Mario and party games to attract the Xbox and PS3 crowd. The Wii although it sold like mad, most ended up in people's closets because either they only bought one for Wii Sports or if they were a core gamer, the games on it weren't up to the standard of the gruesome twosome.
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 IgGy621985

[QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

clyde46

I'm sure GTA 4 and its expansions have sold more than a million on PC. Sure it doesn't sell as fast as consoles but PC games have always sold at a steady rate over a longer period of time.

That's the case with most of the PC games, but publishers want huge sales instantly. And on the PC it just isn't happenning, unless you're Blizzard.

We need to realize Rockstar isn't the big bad company that doesn't want to port GTA V to PC. GTA is a huge franchise, a huge system seller and all the parties included (Take-Two, Microsoft, Sony) make major decisions of how to release the game and when.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

IgGy621985

That's the case with most of the PC games, but publishers want huge sales instantly. And on the PC it just isn't happenning, unless you're Blizzard.

We need to realize Rockstar isn't the big bad company that doesn't want to port GTA V to PC. GTA is a huge franchise, a huge system seller and all the parties included (Take-Two, Microsoft, Sony) make major decisions of how to release the game and when.

I always thought that was R*s intention I'm the first place. Get the game on consoles, rack in billions, laugh all the way to the bank then work on the PC version.
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 IgGy621985

[QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] I'm sure GTA 4 and its expansions have sold more than a million on PC. Sure it doesn't sell as fast as consoles but PC games have always sold at a steady rate over a longer period of time.clyde46

I always thought that was R*s intention I'm the first place. Get the game on consoles, rack in billions, laugh all the way to the bank then work on the PC version.

Haha, yeah. But Take-Two is the publisher and they're the booses. In the end of the day, if they fire Rockstar, Take-Two keeps the IP.

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts
it will come to PC. And hey, on the 0.5% chance it doesn't, I have a perfectly good 360. I won't be missing this game.
Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts

tenaka2

At best, piracy might help some indie games getting famous and driving people to buy it, it will never help a game like GTAV.

GamerwillzPS

LA Noir came in 3 DVDs, I don't see how GTAV can be any less than that. I'm going for the PS3, even if and when it comes to PC it's gonna be old news, no mods of real cars and something like ice will make the game more fun.
I'm sure GTA 4 and its expansions have sold more than a million on PC. Sure it doesn't sell as fast as consoles but PC games have always sold at a steady rate over a longer period of time.clyde46
I think on vgchartz is listed as less than a million (0,71) compared to nearly 10 million each for PS3 and 360. I don't think vgchartz count steam sales but steam users are less than PS3/360 so even with that the "superior s version" (alben late as hell) was the least sold. Lastly remember RDR, everyone was sure it was coming to PC, how could it not?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
It will come out to Pc eventually, just like every other GTA game.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Surely you mean just "later" considering ever GTA game since 3 has made it to the PC a few months after the consoles and GTA 1 and 2 were on the PC first.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"] At best, piracy might help some indie games getting famous and driving people to buy it, it will never help a game like GTAV.  [QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Kane04

LA Noir came in 3 DVDs, I don't see how GTAV can be any less than that. I'm going for the PS3, even if and when it comes to PC it's gonna be old news, no mods of real cars and something like ice will make the game more fun.
I'm sure GTA 4 and its expansions have sold more than a million on PC. Sure it doesn't sell as fast as consoles but PC games have always sold at a steady rate over a longer period of time.clyde46
I think on vgchartz is listed as less than a million (0,71) compared to nearly 10 million each for PS3 and 360. I don't think vgchartz count steam sales but steam users are less than PS3/360 so even with that the "superior s version" (alben late as hell) was the least sold. Lastly remember RDR, everyone was sure it was coming to PC, how could it not?

Begone, consolite.

gaberesized.png

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 clyde46

[QUOTE="tenaka2"] At best, piracy might help some indie games getting famous and driving people to buy it, it will never help a game like GTAV.  [QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Kane04

VGchartz is not a creditable source and Steam do not release sales figures.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

No GTA game has been announced for PC with the initial announcement. Yet every one of them has been ported a matter of a few months afterward. It's going to release on PC, just like the others.

the_bi99man

This. People need to stop making sh!t up

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#46 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

They'll release it some where down the line which isn't anything new

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

Ah, how I love these threads. Nothing's better than seeing a bunch of consolites hiding behind piracy speculations and guesswork, while forgetting a very important fact:

All main installments of the GTA franchise are availible on the PC, and ever since GTA 3, console versions would come out first, while the PC version was officially announced and released a few months after...

But hey, don't let facts get into the way. Please continue providing me with some amusement! ;)

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clyde46

Ah, how I love these threads. Nothing's better than seeing a bunch of consolites hiding behind piracy speculations and guesswork, while forgetting a very important fact:

All main installments of the GTA franchise are availible on the PC, and ever since GTA 3, console versions would come out first, while the PC version was officially announced and released a few months after...

But hey, don't let facts get into the way. Please continue providing me with some amusement! ;)

Rocker6
I think this time around, people just was R* to acknowledge that the PC version is in fact being made.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

clyde46

I think this time around, people just was R* to acknowledge that the PC version is in fact being made.

Yeah, true, I feel the same, but even if they don't acknowledge it, I'm not worried...

The only thing that bothers me is the quality of the port when it happens, but after Max Payne 3, I'm hopeful we'll see something done right. That petition may help too, 100,000+ is no easy feat for most Internet petitions, maybe that'll tell R* there's a signifficant demand for the game on the PC, and push them to put some real effort into it! :)

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Kane04

At best, piracy might help some indie games getting famous and driving people to buy it, it will never help a game like GTAV.

I was suggesting that the PC gaming can get by without the texture pack expansion,