GTA V NO PC version...Is it down to piracy?

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by kraken2109 (12978 posts) -

It will come on steam and I will buy it for £5 like i did every other GTA.

I spent £10 (£5 for GTA4, £5 for a pack containing every other GTA).

#52 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

Perhaps, but I'm sure it'll come sooner or later.

#53 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Rockstar said they will release if they have an interested market. Currently a petition floating around with 100k sigs. I don't know if Rockstar devs are being @ssholes and want PC gamers to beg or if they are genuinely concerned about turning a profit on the platform

#54 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

If Rockstar were worried about PC piracy

1. They wouldn't of released DLC for GTA.

2. They wouldn't of released LA,Norie

3. They wouldn't of released Max Payne 3 and put alot of effort into the port.

#55 Posted by Mr_BillGates (3186 posts) -

They can always beg for it via signing petition.

#56 Posted by dream431ca (10165 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]It will come out a few months later on PC. If not, I won't buy it at all.DragonfireXZ95
Same here. If it doesn't come out on PC, I'm not buying it at all.

Same.

#57 Posted by MaskedPlayer (979 posts) -

60GB :(

Soo I wont be able to play on my 40gb ps3 :(

#58 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]It will come out a few months later on PC. If not, I won't buy it at all.dream431ca

Same.

Pretty much my thoughts on the situation.

PC is really the only way to get a quality looking and performing game these days, and I'm sure it'll come out after the console release. It will also blow consoles out of the water, as always.

#59 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38210 posts) -

I guess consolites may as well use this as ownage for now seen as no PC version was actually confirmed.

Even though we all know it will arrive a few months later anyway

#60 Posted by LustForSoul (5840 posts) -
GTA is a game every single gamer wants. Piracy will be teh big pirate boat with this one. I think they'll release it eventually though, PC is a big market for GTA.
#61 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

I guess consolites may as well use this as ownage for now seen as no PC version was actually confirmed.

seanmcloughlin

They sure fallen on hard times, when they have to use speculation that conflicts with reality as ownage... :(

Will make sure to make a big-ass graphics comparison thread when the PC version is out, and enjoy the sights of butthurt hidden behind "graphics don't matter" and "buh buh PC pirates will ruin R*" ! :twisted:

#62 Posted by Cranler (8379 posts) -
[QUOTE="ziggyww"][QUOTE="PannicAtack"]No, it's down to "later." You know, like every other GTA game.

Well I agree it will come later but I think this is the first time that Rockstar has turned around and said no to a pc version and think this time they are going out of their way to increase sales on console. instead of just making it on console then just releasing it on PC

No, pc has never been announced until at least a few months after console release.
#63 Posted by Led_poison (10140 posts) -
Thats a terrible article, just because R* has not responded it does not mean doom and gloom for PC version.
#64 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -
R* already explained how this works after RDR. If they have a team available, the port gets done. I'll speculate that by the time they realized RDR would be so successful, they had their PC developers working on Max Payne 3 instead, so unless something more important than GTA comes up, it'll probably get done.
#65 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Any person or company that claims piracy is a reason why their games don't sell on PC don't deserve sales. That said, RDR is the only Rockstar game this gen not to see a PC version. So I doubt GTAV would be any different.
#66 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16256 posts) -

R* already explained how this works after RDR. If they have a team available, the port gets done. I'll speculate that by the time they realized RDR would be so successful, they had their PC developers working on Max Payne 3 instead, so unless something more important than GTA comes up, it'll probably get done.lowe0

What is that team that did the PC version of Max Payne 3 doing now ?

#67 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

That's exactly why there are no PC versions. It might get it down the line though after they can milk as much sales from the 360 and ps3 as possible.

#68 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

seanmcloughlin

Meh, we still have the ever lovely GTA 4 GS Score of 10/10 to put them back into place. :P

#69 Posted by mrfrosty151986 (526 posts) -

Who cares... after the **** port that was GTA4 I really couldn't care less.... and with GTA4 PC mods we have had all GTA5 stuff for years anyway... we're not missing much.

And it'll still be out on PC in the long run anyway...

#70 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9750 posts) -

No GTA game has been announced for PC with the initial announcement. Yet every one of them has been ported a matter of a few months afterward. It's going to release on PC, just like the others.

the_bi99man
but at the same time, Red Dead was not ported to the PC. People can say that Red Dead is not GTA, but there are also a lot of similarities. Both were high profile, highly successful Rockstar games. Maybe they do have a different policy towards GTA, but it's equally likely that their general market policies have evolved. Just because it happened a certain way last time doesn't mean it will be that way next time.
#71 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

Who cares... after the **** port that was GTA4 I really couldn't care less.... and with GTA4 PC mods we have had all GTA5 stuff for years anyway... we're not missing much.

And it'll still be out on PC in the long run anyway...

mrfrosty151986
the last line in your post made me laugh.
#72 Posted by cfstar (1979 posts) -
It'll come out on PC in a few months like every other GTA game
#73 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
It will come to PC just like the rest have.
#74 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

[QUOTE="lowe0"]R* already explained how this works after RDR. If they have a team available, the port gets done. I'll speculate that by the time they realized RDR would be so successful, they had their PC developers working on Max Payne 3 instead, so unless something more important than GTA comes up, it'll probably get done.R4gn4r0k

What is that team that did the PC version of Max Payne 3 doing now ?

Merging with the studio that did the rest of Max Payne 3 in Toronto.

Edit: got the direction wrong. The main team is moving to join the PC team.

#75 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16256 posts) -

lowe0

Okay that can take a while. But I don't get why they had the PC team work on Max Payne 3 since day one of development and don't do the same with GTA V.

I mean lets compare the PC version of Max Payne 3 to the PC version of GTA IV, which was developed after release on consoles. That says enough.

They have a capable PC team now, they better use it.

#76 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

[QUOTE="lowe0"]

R4gn4r0k

Okay that can take a while. But I don't get why they had the PC team work on Max Payne 3 since day one of development and don't do the same with GTA V.

I mean lets compare the PC version of Max Payne 3 to the PC version of GTA IV, which was developed after release on consoles. That says enough.

They have a capable PC team now, they better use it.

They don't just work on PC, though... they help out on a lot of projects. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_Toronto There's a second PC team in New England; they worked on the L.A. Noire port, and previously did Empire Earth II and III for Sierra.
#77 Posted by CaptainAhab13 (5121 posts) -
Same as usual -- it will merely come later on the PC.
#78 Posted by Heirren (16308 posts) -
Maybe Rockstar will release on pc through a Kickstarter page?
#79 Posted by santoron (7648 posts) -

A quick look to the past of the series could have saved you a useless thread, TC. They've never announced the PC version early, and they've always released it about 6-8 months later. Blame it on whatever you want.

#80 Posted by lawlessx (46460 posts) -

This is pretty sad...watching console fanboys hope it's a console exclusive

#81 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

This is pretty sad...watching console fanboys hope it's a console exclusive

lawlessx

You might want to get yourself checked out for Schizophrenia, because you are seeing things that aren't there.

#82 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

Idiots only speculate it won't come out on the PC because RDR did not, yet they don't realize that RDR was made by Rockstar San Diego, and that company hasn't made a PC game in nearly a decade.

#83 Posted by Totalgym9000 (1455 posts) -
The first option should be winning by a mile, People do pirate to much on PC, or wait for a steam sale..............
#84 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8289 posts) -

Here is a link to a website (http://societyandreligion.com/gta-5-60-gb-pc-release-piracy,1701 )which talks about the predicted GB size of the game but also provides their own reason to why the game might not be coming to PC.

They have put it down to priacy. Say what you will PC does provide the best versions of most games relased but they are also the biggest when it comes to getting their games by ilegal means.

I think however they are keeping quite about a PC version of the game as its going to be the best looking version considering what they are trying to achieve on the consoles. This will drive sales on to the consoles from people who normally play PC and increase their sales and consoles wont have a PC game to comapre it to and see how much worse of it is. Then 6 months later release the PC version with all the trimmings and the people that bought it for console could very will pick it up again...thats my view on the subject anyway and I am a console gamer

Do you think this is true? or do you think there is another reason why its not coming or do you think it is going to be released later down the line.

ziggyww
Is it because these kinds of games don't really belong to the PC, and its awful keyboard + mouse control scheme which is ill-suited and unnatural for games like GTA. My country has very high piracy rate, and I just loathe those PC-centric vultures (who are insult to classy PC users like Adrian_Werner) who keep crying that they don't have GTA along with consoles, but these kind of people NEVER buy anything, just pirate it. Plus GTA IV was the single worst optimized port that ever happened in the history of gaming.
#85 Posted by jessejay420 (3736 posts) -
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]It will come out a few months later on PC. If not, I won't buy it at all.DragonfireXZ95

may i ask why? you could possibly miss out on a great game no matter what platform its on.
#86 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

The first option should be winning by a mile, People do pirate to much on PC, or wait for a steam sale..............Totalgym9000

As well on consoles, stop generalising please.

#87 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9093 posts) -

It will come out a few months later on PC. If not, I won't buy it at all.BPoole96

Same... They wanna lose money it's up to them. I'm not going to die if I don't play.

#88 Posted by dream431ca (10165 posts) -

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]It will come out a few months later on PC. If not, I won't buy it at all.jessejay420

may i ask why? you could possibly miss out on a great game no matter what platform its on.

PC is my primary gaming platform. If a game doesn't come to PC, I can't play it unless I want to get it for console, but for me, PC is the best gaming experience hands down. I'm one of the rare people on PC it seems that buy games.

#89 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9093 posts) -

The first option should be winning by a mile, People do pirate to much on PC, or wait for a steam sale..............Totalgym9000

There are to many games out there. I have back logs of them. If your not one of those people that "have to have it".... There really is no reason to by a game when it first comes out.

I don't know about you but $5 is $5... Which is more then $0.

#90 Posted by jessejay420 (3736 posts) -

[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] Same here. If it doesn't come out on PC, I'm not buying it at all.dream431ca

PC is my primary gaming platform. If a game doesn't come to PC, I can't play it unless I want to get it for console, but for me, PC is the best gaming experience hands down. I'm one of the rare people on PC it seems that buy games.

thats a good answer.
#91 Posted by Kane04 (2069 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Rocker6

They sure fallen on hard times, when they have to use speculation that conflicts with reality as ownage... :(

Will make sure to make a big-ass graphics comparison thread when the PC version is out, and enjoy the sights of butthurt hidden behind "graphics don't matter" and "buh buh PC pirates will ruin R*" ! :twisted:

I'm more worried with the C64 being stuck with floppy disk when it's clearly a dying format. But I'm with you, can't wait to own consolites with GTAV screens lifted from a PC with a 2005 GPU and 512MB of RAM.
#92 Posted by legol1 (1998 posts) -

is red dead redemption is on pc yet ?

#93 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16256 posts) -

They don't just work on PC, though... they help out on a lot of projects. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_Toronto There's a second PC team in New England; they worked on the L.A. Noire port, and previously did Empire Earth II and III for Sierra.lowe0

Yeah they worked on a lot of projects, mostly PC stuff. But I'm wondering what they are doing now apart from merging with the other team.

I can't think of anything else but that they are working on the PC version of GTA V, I mean the other possibility is that Rockstar has a team, capable of making a good PC version, just sitting on their asses all day. That's not very likely to me.

edit: off topic but I also wonder what Rockstar Leeds is doing, I hope they are busy making a GTA for 3DS or PSV

#94 Posted by WadeKuun (158 posts) -
It will come out a few months later on PC. If not, I won't buy it at all.BPoole96
This, Rockstar, there might not be many honest PC gamers but the few of us that there is, we love our mods and want a PC version.
#95 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -

[QUOTE="lowe0"]They don't just work on PC, though... they help out on a lot of projects. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_Toronto There's a second PC team in New England; they worked on the L.A. Noire port, and previously did Empire Earth II and III for Sierra.R4gn4r0k

Yeah they worked on a lot of projects, mostly PC stuff. But I'm wondering what they are doing now apart from merging with the other team.

I can't think of anything else but that they are working on the PC version of GTA V, I mean the other possibility is that Rockstar has a team, capable of making a good PC version, just sitting on their asses all day. That's not very likely to me.

edit: off topic but I also wonder what Rockstar Leeds is doing, I hope they are busy making a GTA for 3DS or PSV

Being British myself I like the idea of it GTA being a British game as its created by Rockstar North which is based on Scotland, the north of the country. Makes me feel proud that Britain can make amazing top level blockbusters just as good as anyone else, and it makes up for horrid BS of man which is Peter Molyneux who brings down the class of British developers.
#96 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16256 posts) -

Being British myself I like the idea of it GTA being a British game as its created by Rockstar North which is based on Scotland, the north of the country. Makes me feel proud that Britain can make amazing top level blockbusters just as good as anyone else, and it makes up for horrid BS of man which is Peter Molyneux who brings down the class of British developers. ziggyww

Nah man, there are other great UK developers like The Creative Assembly and old Rare I can think of besides Rockstar.

Nobody cares about Molyneux anymore:P

#97 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -

[QUOTE="ziggyww"]Being British myself I like the idea of it GTA being a British game as its created by Rockstar North which is based on Scotland, the north of the country. Makes me feel proud that Britain can make amazing top level blockbusters just as good as anyone else, and it makes up for horrid BS of man which is Peter Molyneux who brings down the class of British developers. R4gn4r0k

Nah man, there are other great UK developers like The Creative Assembly and old Rare I can think of besides Rockstar.

Nobody cares about Molyneux anymore:P

I agree there are others but I also think there is a Stereotype of not such great game developers. There is Free Radical Design or now Crytek UK which made the timesplitters games, Criterion Games, Eidos Interactive which is now squire enix Europe, team 17 and more and more. There are lots of developers but none other that's bigger or aswell known as Rockstar north
#98 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16256 posts) -

I agree there are others but I also think there is a Stereotype of not such great game developers. There is Free Radical Design or now Crytek UK which made the timesplitters games, Criterion Games, Eidos Interactive which is now squire enix Europe, team 17 and more and more. There are lots of developers but none other that's bigger or aswell known as Rockstar northziggyww

Rockstar is certainly the most well known. Their hq is in New York right, and the game is still made in the UK or something like that?

Wouldn't know where that stereotype would come from. You just listed a lot of great devs:P. Compared to other european countries I'd say the UK ranks pretty good when it comes to game developers.

#99 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -

[QUOTE="ziggyww"]I agree there are others but I also think there is a Stereotype of not such great game developers. There is Free Radical Design or now Crytek UK which made the timesplitters games, Criterion Games, Eidos Interactive which is now squire enix Europe, team 17 and more and more. There are lots of developers but none other that's bigger or aswell known as Rockstar northR4gn4r0k

Rockstar is certainly the most well known. Their hq is in New York right, and the game is still made in the UK or something like that?

Wouldn't know where that stereotype would come from. You just listed a lot of great devs:P. Compared to other european countries I'd say the UK ranks pretty good when it comes to game developers.

It was started in Rockstar was created in NYC by english game developers Sam Houser, Dan Houser, Terry Donovan, Jamie King and Gary Foreman. They then took over DMA and called it rockstar north which made the GTA games. So from what I can tell its a american company based in america created by English people and make GTA in Scotland.
#100 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16256 posts) -

It was started in Rockstar was created in NYC by english game developers Sam Houser, Dan Houser, Terry Donovan, Jamie King and Gary Foreman. They then took over DMA and called it rockstar north which made the GTA games. So from what I can tell its a american company based in america created by English people and make GTA in Scotland. ziggyww

Yeah I still have GTA 1&2 with that DMA logo:

Gta2_title_screen.png

Dan Houser is the one who wrote the story for a lot of GTA games and RDR, I think he is writing on GTA V as well:)