GTA V is actually really good

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

One of the better games of 2013. Love it, absolutely enjoyed it from start to finish my homies. Although dat ending, wasn't too happy about the ending, it felt rushed mang.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

IT gets a lot of hate, but if you spend time in it and wander around and buy all the properties and try to make money in different ways. My first playthrough i just kind of went through did the missions because the game seems to want to keep you on rails. Patience is actually rewarded in GTA 5. I did not get this feeling in gTA IV. I didn't think there was enough to do outside the main missions except socializing. I've noticed the more I free roam in the game the more there is to notice and do.

Actually it gets very little hate, and it made like a billion dollars in sales in a couple weeks of release, petitions for a PC version of it, hopes of a nextgen port, was popular enough to be shown on late night talk shows favorably, and the general consensus is it is pretty good. So I have no idea what you seem to perceive it as getting a lot of hate. Unless you want to think things you enjoy get a lot of hate because youre a contrarian.

And no, it isn't really good from my opinion. Its just a mediocre title from a franchise that has been doing the same thing forever. But again its all just opinion.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#53 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Wonderful game. The only people who hate it are casuals like Princessgomez who like play COD. :P

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

@tymeservesfate: dude can you and your boyfriend stop running around to every thread talking about Infamous, it makes you look like a cry baby. This thread literally has nothing to do with infamous.

funny, i was just going to ask you to stop following us around to every thread too. smh...still reaching Pinkie?? lol, whats creepier..?? two like minds spreading the word...or the lonely stalker hiding in the bushes who periodically jumps out to yell foolishness then dives back into the dirt and weeds LOL. look at your mirror friend, you're in no place to talk down to anyone. especially when ur one of the stupidest people on this board as it is, smh XD

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@tymeservesfate: the **** are you rambling about? Im not your friend.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

I didn't like the story and characters all that much, but I loved the transition between cutscene and gameplay. They have done a great job making San Andreas a believable and lifeful game world, you don't ever see the same character model on the same street, each NPC have their own activities and tasks to do, and there is just this level of detail that's unseen in open world games to date. My biggest complaints are the shooting mechanics feel very clunky and the inability to enter most buildings takes you out of the immersion, and it's also relatively short for a game like GTA V. There are other minor complaints that breaks the game for me.

GTA V is a solid 9/10 for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@tymeservesfate: It's not healthy to have such a fascination with what the cows are doing, bro. But I do understand it's probably because you have nothing to play when you get bored of titanfall. I've been meaning to buy the PC version myself.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Celtic_34: It doesn't get a lot of hate. The only reason everyone wasn't talking about that game last year in the GOTY awards was because of Last of Us. I just bought that game, and i was very sceptical when i started to play this game. But to be honest it's an amazing game

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Yes, it is. A few menial tasks like yoga and mopping puke doesn't change that.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@tymeservesfate: the thing is you can have an appreciation for a game like infamous during your play through and have an enjoyable time playing it. While Titanfall however fun it might be will always be just a filler game to play while you wait for another game to come out. Titanfall will always be a time killer or bro game.. but it's not a game you can get into which is the type of game Infamous is. Even if it only last for 1 week while titanfall last the rest of the year. That will be one nice week of gaming experience if you like the game while titanfall feels like just another game with no connection to kill time while another gaming experience comes out. That's not to say it's a bad game of course not. We all need some time killer app when we got nothing else better to do.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Just some things I wanted to be fleshed out more, but besides that, I had a blast.

Multiplayer was fun while it lasted. It's a joke now, though.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 The_Last_Ride

@freedomfreak said:

Just some things I wanted to be fleshed out more, but besides that, I had a blast.

Multiplayer was fun while it lasted. It's a joke now, though.

Actually the online is better after all the glitches and bugs are removed

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

@Pffrbt said:

No, it's actually pretty mediocre at best. The game has a ton of problems that drag down the experience.

@Celtic_34 said:

IT gets a lot of hate, but if you spend time in it and wander around and buy all the properties and try to make money in different ways.

It literally takes several in game years to make a profit off of property, so there's no point in buying any.

How many of you ended up being able to buy the golf course for $150 million? How did you save up all that money?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 freedomfreak
@The_Last_Ride said:

And it's still severely lacking in content, and it has turned into the umpteenth online grindfest. We've heard nothing of heists, and even the editor is still in beta.

They're too focused on weeding out the cheaters because they "upset" the economy of the game, which is bull, because Rockstar are more than happy to shove the "shark cards" in your face, which does the same thing, really.

The content packs we get are a joke, because they disappear after a while. The stuff that stays, is the stuff you actually buy, so the game returns to its barebones state.

It's a nice idea that blew up in their face.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

sold my copy a week after release

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By tymeservesfate

@Joedgabe said:

@tymeservesfate: the thing is you can have an appreciation for a game like infamous during your play through and have an enjoyable time playing it. While Titanfall however fun it might be will always be just a filler game to play while you wait for another game to come out. Titanfall will always be a time killer or bro game.. but it's not a game you can get into which is the type of game Infamous is. Even if it only last for 1 week while titanfall last the rest of the year. That will be one nice week of gaming experience if you like the game while titanfall feels like just another game with no connection to kill time while another gaming experience comes out. That's not to say it's a bad game of course not. We all need some time killer app when we got nothing else better to do.

yea i'm sure the game is enjoyable at first. i'm not saying its not. i'm just saying running around in circles killing groups of guys over and over will get boring real fast. plus the side missions seem terrible...beating up protesters and street musicians still...hidden cameras, cmon. in a month the game will be forgotten and cows waiting again. its a good game, yea, but the hyperbole in here is extremely ridiculous n overdone lol. you guys aren't playing something new n great....you're playing graphics and rehashed gameplay.

the story is even terrible...Fetch kills drug dealers because SHE got hooked on drugs and SHE killed her own brother...lol what smh??

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@freedomfreak said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

And it's still severely lacking in content, and it has turned into the umpteenth online grindfest. We've heard nothing of heists, and even the editor is still in beta.

They're too focused on weeding out the cheaters because they "upset" the economy of the game, which is bull, because Rockstar are more than happy to shove the "shark cards" in your face, which does the same thing, really.

The content packs we get are a joke, because they disappear after a while. The stuff that stays, is the stuff you actually buy, so the game returns to its barebones state.

It's a nice idea that blew up in their face.

I still like it though and heists will come, take it easy :)

steamistrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By steamistrash
Member since 2014 • 431 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Yeah GTA 5 is fun, sure.

It still suffers from all the typical stuff Rockstar games do, but it's also probably the only legit good videogame they made this gen. So kudos.

LOL

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 freedomfreak
@The_Last_Ride said:

You say "take it easy" as if I'm getting worked up. I merely responded to your post.

You still enjoy it? More power to you.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 The_Last_Ride

@freedomfreak said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

You say "take it easy" as if I'm getting worked up. I merely responded to your post.

You still enjoy it? More power to you.

oh, sorry :P. I just think people get angry over the internet :P. That's just how i read it in my head :3. But i can agree some of it being a grind though

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 freedomfreak
@The_Last_Ride said:

oh, sorry :P. I just think people get angry over the internet :P. That's just how i read it in my head :3. But i can agree some of it being a grind though

It's cool.

I'll get back to it when we get some heists. I also want wildlife.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By tymeservesfate

@david61983 said:

@Pffrbt said:

No, it's actually pretty mediocre at best. The game has a ton of problems that drag down the experience.

@Celtic_34 said:

IT gets a lot of hate, but if you spend time in it and wander around and buy all the properties and try to make money in different ways.

It literally takes several in game years to make a profit off of property, so there's no point in buying any.

How many of you ended up being able to buy the golf course for $150 million? How did you save up all that money?

save Lester's missions for the end then play the stock market. you can end up being a billionaire if you do it right.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@cooolio said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

Eh it's alright, there are much better games though.

Name these better games?

GTA5 is Sitting on a 97/100 on metacritic!

which are these games that are doing better?

You have to do better than that. Maybe you should try defending your point with things that you feel GTA V does better than the rest, because that score is just a number.

The thing is no one has mentioned examples of "the rest" which will allow proper comparisons.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 jun_aka_pekto

The setting in the GTA games aren't exactly my cup of tea. But, Far Cry 3 is my current favorite open-world game. How does GTA V compare in both the SP campaign and SP post-campaign (things to do afterwards)?

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#76 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

IT gets a lot of hate, but if you spend time in it and wander around and buy all the properties and try to make money in different ways. My first playthrough i just kind of went through did the missions because the game seems to want to keep you on rails. Patience is actually rewarded in GTA 5. I did not get this feeling in gTA IV. I didn't think there was enough to do outside the main missions except socializing. I've noticed the more I free roam in the game the more there is to notice and do.

Ignore the jealous chatter. Everyone knows the quality of a GTA game.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Every time a new GTA comes out I try my best to get into it. Usually I tap out from boredom after about 10 hours max. I don't know what it is, but they're just not for me. Funny thing is I'll end up buying GTA6 and repeating the cycle all over again. The games are damn impressive, but for me it's more like I'm enjoying a killer tech demo.

I would love to see that tech used for a different style of game.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#78 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Yes, amazing game. I am surprise what they produce with 8 year old system, even though 360 version broken it still impressive.

What made the 360 version broken? I owned that version, and through my 100+ hour playthrough I only experienced occasional lag and one or two major glitches. Although I have heard other 360 owners say the same as you. What specifically is "broken" in it? Because in all honesty, I want to know these bugs. It is the same with Skyrim. Most people I know in real life had a glitchfest and a half yet I only experienced one major bug.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#79 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

It was my GOTY. It took the positives from 4 and built quite possibly the best game I've ever played. It reminds me of Raging Bull. That movie was nominated for academy awards but lost often to Ordinary People, which is a good movie in its own right. But at the turn of the decade Raging Bull was named Film of the decade for the 1980s, not Ordinary people, which won best picture. TLOU is a great game, I really enjoy it. GTA5 is just a greater level of game creation, imo.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#80 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Never been impressed with a Rockstar game simply because they let so many other things get in the way that there's no room for anything but fairly basic gameplay (which, let me remind you, it seems that the gunplay in all their games are almost exactly the same). I have yet to play GTAV but I'm not in any hurry; plenty of other games that are higher on the list of priority for me.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

you guys aren't playing something new n great....you're playing graphics and rehashed gameplay.

the story is even terrible...

I thought you describe Dead Rising 3 but I remember graphics and performance are shit. TLHBO.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

just put in a couple more hours in today.i mean,the game is just badass in singleplayer and multiplayer(after the updates).i still love it after 300+ hours played.Trevor is just fun character to play in a offline game.i restarted the story again recently and havent stopped.its just a unique experience you wont find anywhere else.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

The game is awesome, played it for quite some time on the PS3. Gonna wait for teh superior version on PC/PS4 though.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@cooolio said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

Name these better games?

You have to do better than that. Maybe you should try defending your point with things that you feel GTA V does better than the rest, because that score is just a number.

The thing is no one has mentioned examples of "the rest" which will allow proper comparisons.

Obviously, "the rest" refers to games in general. What does GTA V that most games do not mechanically? What does GTA V do that other open world games have not? How has it improved? What has it brought to the table? These are examples of questions that anyone should have the common since to come up with answers to use to support what makes the game so good.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@turtlethetaffer said:

Never been impressed with a Rockstar game simply because they let so many other things get in the way that there's no room for anything but fairly basic gameplay (which, let me remind you, it seems that the gunplay in all their gamesare almost exactly the same). I have yet to play GTAV but I'm not in any hurry; plenty of other games that are higher on the list of priority for me.

Exactly. The only thing they did to improve the gameplay for 5 was giving each character a special ability. Abilities that were pretty much done the same or better in other games.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

Well yeah...its a good game...hence all the great reviews :P

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

GTA needs to evolve. The stock market is a huge step in the right direction but otherwise it's an incredibly restricted world considering the work that goes into it. R* needs to introduce two crucial elements as they've mastered the world creation: politics and economy. Give me power that far extends past superficial mayhem (such as bribing or intimidating officials, assigning hits, running crews) and a black market to manipulate. It's such a shame for how big the scope of the game is how little influence the player has in it.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@cooolio said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@cooolio said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

Name these better games?

Obviously, "the rest" refers to games in general. What does GTA V that most games do not mechanically? What does GTA V do that other open world games have not? How has it improved? What has it brought to the table? These are examples of questions that anyone should have the common since to come up with answers to use to support what makes the game so good.

That's fine if GTA V is being judged on its own. But when the talk turns to comparison terms such as better, then there should be mention of some specific games that GTA V is being compared to.

I mentioned Far Cry 3 already since that's the only open-world game I'm playing that has a similarity to GTA V. I'd like to hear the views of those who played and finished both.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#89 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I didn't gave me that feeling when I first played GTA Sanandreas, GTA IV (One of my first games of last gen.) and RDR.

I just felt a bit like I was playing Saints Row 3 all over again only a bit more serious, better story and some better animation.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#90 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

While I liked the game (single player-wise), I felt I was done with it after I completed my first play-through. My friends were excited for the online portion so we thought that would keep the game alive. Unfortunately, Rockstar lost the ability of making a fun online game and instead focused on the level grinding BS and micro-transactions. GTAIV's was one of the best online experiences I had last-gen, but they really dropped the ball with GTAV's online.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#91  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

GTA5 was a really good game, but I didn't like the three player deal -- especially since one of them was an awful character. I also miss the driving and damage system in GTAIV which I found to be leaps and bounds superior to GTAV. The driving is a love it-hate it ordeal so I won't harp much on that, so I can see why some love it while others (like me) found it "meh" in comparison to the realistic take on GTAIV.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#92 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

IV and V are both pretty good games. The sky is blue. Miley Cyrus is talentless. SW fanboys are youtube gamers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#93 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Yes, it is. I havent played TLOU yet (taking too long to go down in price in my country) but GTA V is my 2013 GOTY

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Of course it is. Ginormous mind boggling sales and near universal critical acclaim should have clued you in that most people don't share the view of the young adult hipster contrarians that congregate in gaming forums.

I just wish they'd get the heists into online. It's what sold my friends and I on the online portion and it's hard getting the gang online to play anymore without that kind of cohesive goal.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#95 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@cooolio said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

Never been impressed with a Rockstar game simply because they let so many other things get in the way that there's no room for anything but fairly basic gameplay (which, let me remind you, it seems that the gunplay in all their gamesare almost exactly the same). I have yet to play GTAV but I'm not in any hurry; plenty of other games that are higher on the list of priority for me.

Exactly. The only thing they did to improve the gameplay for 5 was giving each character a special ability. Abilities that were pretty much done the same or better in other games.

Glad I'm not the only one who sees this.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#96 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I have a formula with Rockstar games. I play the game for a while, enjoying it but not loving it, and get about a third of the way through. Then I stop playing because other games release that I focus on. Then, months later, I try again and race through, really enjoying it.

I'm currently in the state of having not played GTAV for months. I'll get back to it in a while and I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more when I do.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

Heard lots of good things about it. I might give it a try if it gets released on ps4.

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

I enjoyed it for three to four days. Served its purpose.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

It got a lot of hate? What?

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points