GTA V is actually really good

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

IT gets a lot of hate, but if you spend time in it and wander around and buy all the properties and try to make money in different ways. My first playthrough i just kind of went through did the missions because the game seems to want to keep you on rails. Patience is actually rewarded in GTA 5. I did not get this feeling in gTA IV. I didn't think there was enough to do outside the main missions except socializing. I've noticed the more I free roam in the game the more there is to notice and do.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

You don't say

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/grand-theft-auto-v

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

No, it's actually pretty mediocre at best. The game has a ton of problems that drag down the experience.

@Celtic_34 said:

IT gets a lot of hate, but if you spend time in it and wander around and buy all the properties and try to make money in different ways.

It literally takes several in game years to make a profit off of property, so there's no point in buying any.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

IT gets a lot of hate, but if you spend time in it and wander around and buy all the properties and try to make money in different ways. My first playthrough i just kind of went through did the missions because the game seems to want to keep you on rails. Patience is actually rewarded in GTA 5. I did not get this feeling in gTA IV. I didn't think there was enough to do outside the main missions except socializing. I've noticed the more I free roam in the game the more there is to notice and do.

Gta are always good games, the problem it has is that it's released on the dinosaurs of a ps3 & x360.

Bloomfest & lagfest. That's why I didn't buy it, I would have if it was lauch for the ps4 or x1 (or even better the pc)

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

I like the Online Races.

i also like off-reoad driving and mountain biking as well.

collecting bounties,robbing armoured trucks and stores never gets old eitger,imo.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I love it - favorite game from last year. The online is some of the best I've played since Halo 2/3

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Celtic_34

@Pffrbt said:

No, it's actually pretty mediocre at best. The game has a ton of problems that drag down the experience.

@Celtic_34 said:

IT gets a lot of hate, but if you spend time in it and wander around and buy all the properties and try to make money in different ways.

It literally takes several in game years to make a profit off of property, so there's no point in buying any.

most games tehse days are overhyped garbage but I actually like how property management is done in GTA. It rewards patience and you have to work to buy property and do all the side stuff and be patient in the game vs just plowing through the main content of the game. There are also nice perks that come along with buying property. The property management aspect of GTA V actually has some depth to it. GTA IV did not have anything like that.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

It's decent, nothing great. The missions were terrible, the characters were pitiful, the driving with tank cards was laughable, and the online....well it was just plain bad.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Great game, the story is good enough for last gen but GTA Online was meant for xbox one and PS4. Rockstar should at least launch GTA Online for Xbox One/PS4. Just imagine how much smoother tthe experience would be without load times.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pffrbt

@Celtic_34 said:

@Pffrbt said:

@Celtic_34 said:

most games tehse days are overhyped garbage but I actually like how property management is done in GTA. It rewards patience and you have to work to buy property and do all the side stuff and be patient in the game vs just plowing through the main content of the game. There are also nice perks that come along with buying property. The property management aspect of GTA V actually has some depth to it. GTA IV did not have anything like that.

It takes so long to actually make money from property you'll be sick of the game long before you make a profit. There are no perks to property unless you want the opportunity to do more mindless, repetitive missions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I disagree.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Last week OP was talking about how the gaming industry lacks innovation, and keeps churning out uninspired games, and rehashes.

Good to see he found some good games that break the mold with ACIV and GTAV.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I say it plays well and they loaded the game with a lot of features to do in the sand-box; however, I think there are so many options that it can be somewhat overwhelming at times to the point where you begin to do the story missions because it has a clear cut objective with a final resolution. Unfortunately, the story missions become rather boring and the main characters' story line are the worse parts of the game.

My problem with GTA is that I have more fun watching my friends cause mayhem and destruction than myself actually playing the game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Yeah GTA 5 is fun, sure.

It still suffers from all the typical stuff Rockstar games do, but it's also probably the only legit good videogame they made this gen. So kudos.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Celtic_34

@treedoor said:

Last week OP was talking about how the gaming industry lacks innovation, and keeps churning out uninspired games, and rehashes.

i've been looking for games that do. GTA 5 i played through it once and wasn't that impressed. On my 2nd playthrough i'm taking my time and noticing all the little things in the game. Some of it is disturbing. You really have to deviate from the mission structure in GTA and make it your own game and it's a lot better.

GTA IV did not have a lot of this stuff. It got me more in the mode of not exploring. GTA V does. ACIV is also excellent. 2 best games i've played this gen.

GTA V still does have issues with it being a GTA game and the characters are not really likeable and I feel wrong doing half the stuff they have you doing but there is a lot to explore and if it's taken with a grain fo salt it's funny.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@Pffrbt: You mind giving me a list of your personal top 5 games from last gen?

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#17  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

The properties generate such little income so slowly that it doesn't even matter if you buy them or not. It is pathetic.

The wanted system and law enforcement are still laughably bad.

There are nowhere near enough heists.

The main story is too short.

It doesn't feel like it utilizes the northern part of the map well enough, in the wilderness.

The hunting mechanic is the most boring, pointless and underdeveloped form of hunting that I have ever seen in a video game.

Not enough characters. GTAIV had so many characters, it made the story feel varied and full of life. GTAV had very, very few in comparison.

GTAV has fundamental flaws. Legitimate flaws.

It is a good game, but there is waaay too much holding it back for it to be a prime game.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PinkieWinkie

@Mkavanaugh77: Also better than any game on XBone...so what's your point?

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pffrbt

@PinkieWinkie said:

I don't like narrowing down my favorite games down like that, but a few off the top of my head:

-Bayonetta
-Metal Gear Rising
-Deadly Premotition
-Vanquish
-Anarchy Reigns

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Eh it's alright, there are much better games though.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts
@Celtic_34 said:

@treedoor said:

i've been looking for games that do. GTA 5 i played through it once and wasn't that impressed. On my 2nd playthrough i'm taking my time and noticing all the little things in the game. Some of it is disturbing. You really have to deviate from the mission structure in GTA and make it your own game and it's a lot better.

GTA IV did not have a lot of this stuff. It got me more in the mode of not exploring. GTA V does. ACIV is also excellent. 2 best games i've played this gen.

GTA V still does have issues with it being a GTA game and the characters are not really likeable and I feel wrong doing half the stuff they have you doing but there is a lot to explore and if it's taken with a grain fo salt it's funny.

I would say that GTA V is more detailed, but not innovative. I believe that you should be able to make your own fun in any open world game, but it feels like a requirement in GTA V. The problem with GTA IV was that all of its story DLC was required to add a lot of content, but GTA V has failed to offer any of the many activities that was introduced in GTA IV's DLC, and it will probably get them later on.

AC IV is fun, but it just does not improve on anything relating to what an assassin does. What it does do well is let you feel like more than just an assassin's that is going around taking people out. However, that pirate life would have been more flushed out if Kenway had the ability to dance at bars, or enjoy nights with his crew. I did not try to see if there were any mini games like gambling, I hope that it does have that. And that boss fight deserves some hard criticism. The fact that you had to shoot him to death is pathetic.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Yes, amazing game. I am surprise what they produce with 8 year old system, even though 360 version broken it still impressive.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cooolio

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

Eh it's alright, there are much better games though.

Name these better games?

GTA5 is Sitting on a 97/100 on metacritic!

which are these games that are doing better?

You have to do better than that. Maybe you should try defending your point with things that you feel GTA V does better than the rest, because that score is just a number.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#27 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I don't know man, I heard it was pretty terrible.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cooolio

@Mkavanaugh77: A TON I AM SURE.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@Pffrbt said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

I don't like narrowing down my favorite games down like that, but a few off the top of my head:

-Bayonetta

-Metal Gear Rising

-Deadly Premotition

-Vanquish

-Anarchy Reigns

Literally all of these answers are correct. I really tried with GTAV, figured the hype must be worth something. almost set the disk on fire when it tried to get me doing QTE yoga.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

It was pretty damn boring. Excellent tech, boring game

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

point is cows need to stop acting like InfamousSS is gods gift to gamers when It got a 8/10 while GTA5 and Titanfall got a 9/10 plus are sitting higher on metacritic.

BINGO

Infamous SS is watered down repetitive generic trash, honestly....the game is missing more than half the features/content GTA5 has, and its suppose to be next gen...no. thank god it will be forgotten in a month...neon powers, the **** are neon powers smh lol?

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

point is cows need to stop acting like InfamousSS is gods gift to gamers when It got a 8/10 while GTA5 and Titanfall got a 9/10 plus are sitting higher on metacritic.

BINGO

Infamous SS is watered down repetitive generic trash, honestly....the game is missing more than half the features/content GTA5 has, and its suppose to be next gen...no. thank god it will be forgotten in a month...neon powers, the **** are neon powers smh lol?

lol.......................................

more than an Online only FPS game?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@tymeservesfate: There's no need to be so upset, bro. I'm sure one day, you'll find a PS4 and be able to play complete experiences like InFamous, that can't be played elsewhere.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cooolio

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@cooolio said:

@cooolio said:

ok can you name them if you are so sure?

Well I was going to include games like ME3 and bioshock, but that would not be fair. An open world game should be compared to other open world games. As a matter of fact the last open world game that rockstar developed before GTA V was better: Red Dead Redemption. You had a lot of stuff to do in that game. The stranger missions really felt like part of the story and the touched on a lot of themes. The random encounters were a lot more frequent. Of course there was not much left to do after you finished the main game, but this was before GTA V.

Truth be told, GTA V follows the same concept, not to mention that it basically uses things from other Rockstar games. Red Dead Redemption's world and player character compliment one another a lot better than GTA V.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

It's the best in the series, it improves upon everything from GTA IV, and it delivers a re-imagined San Andreas. Fastest-selling game ever, and the most critically-acclaimed game of 2013. But listen to the angry people on the internet: it's really just a steaming pile of shit.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cooolio

@princeofshapeir said:

It's the best in the series, it improves upon everything from GTA IV, and it delivers a re-imagined San Andreas. Fastest-selling game ever, and the most critically-acclaimed game of 2013. But listen to the angry people on the internet: it's really just a steaming pile of shit.

It does not really improve on much in GTA IV if you consider all the activities that are available in the two story dlcs.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@Joedgabe:

@darkspineslayer said:

@tymeservesfate: There's no need to be so upset, bro. I'm sure one day, you'll find a PS4 and be able to play complete experiences like InFamous, that can't be played elsewhere.

lol...you wish you knew how to upset me.

anyway, if this game is still getting the tiniest bit of attention 2 months from now i'd be stunned. its shelf life is next to nothing imo. about 3 playthroughs is the most any gamer could get out of this shallow game, its a rental. my opinion...2 months at the most. then cows will stop pretending how impressed and awestruck they are by the game. largely forgotten in 2 months, with some cows finally feeling comfortable enough to say what i've always been saying about the game all along. generic, repetitive, shallow game, last gen in a next gen package...2 MONTHS :]

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

GTA V is really great.

GTA IV on the other hand is overrated.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

In a related story, Water is actually really wet, fire is actually really hot.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I loved it and it's probably my fav GTA game.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

The game bored the hell out of me and the story was written to amuse 12 year olds.

widdowson91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

User Lists: 7

#45 widdowson91
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

It's a great game. I personally don't think it reaches the same lofty heights of GTA III or San Andreas, but it was a great game none-the-less.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

My favorite in the entire series, and what GTA IV should have been - an evolution upon San Andreas. GTA: Vice City still has my favorite soundtrack & main character (Tommy) though, but Trevor is a very close second.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44485 Posts

I don't feel the game gets a lot of hate, I think it can just seem that way considering 30 million people bought the game. What seems like a lot of dissatisfaction is really just a result of the larger pool of opinions.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

GTA V its amazing game i love it

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#49 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

I consider GTA V to be the best game ever made, and I never expected it to be as underrated as it is, sadly it turns out that people are so wrapped up in storytelling that they can't appreciate excellent gameplay.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PinkieWinkie

@tymeservesfate: dude can you and your boyfriend stop running around to every thread talking about Infamous, it makes you look like a cry baby. This thread literally has nothing to do with infamous.