GT: No game on the PLANET better looking than Uncharted2 (that means u Crysis)

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheBigBadGRIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 TheBigBadGRIM
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts
SUPRISE!!
MegajerkNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 MegajerkNYC
Member since 2009 • 505 Posts

I actually own Crysis myself and let's be frank it looks like trash on your average PC. ANY GAME will look amazing on a suped up super rig. But the headache involved in PC gaming isn't worth it to acheave the performance that a PS3 will do right out of the box. A lot of people actually have more fun making a PC that will run Crysis then they do actualy playing the game. I'm not that type of person PC gaming is dead to me.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"]

[QUOTE="dethroned3"]

that's a blatant lie from you.

i never said anything like that.

you posted a stalker screenshot before i posted anything.

go figure.

MegajerkNYC

ok i stand corrected here. it wasnt you who said that it was jono. But you did say uncharted 2 looks better than stalker

Look how pixely and trianglish Stalker looks. Then you get that thing in motion and it's a lag fest. You realise this right before you start to cry, because your PS3 is outperforming your $5000 "I made it myself because I don't have a girlfriend" PC.

no my 5000 pc dont outperform the ps3 because i dont have nor i ever intend building a 5000pc but my 800euros 18months old pc does outperform ps3 ( can you play fallout 3 at 1920x1200 max settings at 50fps?) and funny you say stalker looks pixely when ps3 can do only720p and in many cases not even that and usually without AA or only 2xAA

dethroned3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 dethroned3
Member since 2007 • 1104 Posts

SUPRISE!!  TheBigBadGRIM

i think people shouldnt be using stalker to compare graphics.
it just doesnt look that impressive.

:)

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

Wow, give it a break. Uncharted 2 is a great game and I'm playing the beta right now, it's a lot of fun. But to compare it to Crysis? Don't be stupid. No game this gen comes close to Crysis graphically.

steve17989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 steve17989
Member since 2006 • 1020 Posts

I actually own Crysis myself and let's be frank it looks like trash on your average PC. ANY GAME will look amazing on a suped up super rig. But the headache involved in PC gaming isn't worth it to acheave the performance that a PS3 will do right out of the box. A lot of people actually have more fun making a PC that will run Crysis then they do actualy playing the game. I'm not that type of person PC gaming is dead to me.

MegajerkNYC

Well then it's safe to say that some people will give up the benefits of PC gaming for the ease-of-use of console. I personally think the 'hassles' of PC gaming are worth the better end result, but it's perfectly fine if you prefer otherwise. Even budget gaming PC's can run Crysis on high these days, it's nowhere near like 2007 where it was rare for a person to run Crysis on high/very high settings. It's even easier thanks to mods like Natural Mod or CUDATS, which make the game look better than very high settings while optimizing the game so you actually get an increase in performance.

steve17989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 steve17989
Member since 2006 • 1020 Posts

i think people shouldnt be using stalker to compare graphics.
it just doesnt look that impressive.

:)

dethroned3

I happen to agree with you there. For some reason Stalker always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to screenshots. Though, you can't capture the atmosphere of that game in a screenshot.

Wombatringo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Wombatringo
Member since 2009 • 91 Posts

[QUOTE="peacenutman"]

[QUOTE="Irick_cb"]

I sense a disturbance in the force.

it is as if millions of lives suddenly cried out in anguish

Republican11

I think you should stop trying to be funny.:|

I thought it was funny.

So did I.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Consolites clearly care more about Crysis than PC gamers, every week there is a thread just like this one challenging the game and it screams of their insecurity. They say they get annoyed about PC gamers bringing Crysis up but look around, this thread wasn't created by a PC gamer and neither was the other one.

They have criticised the graphics, they have criticised the game play, they have even gone into subjective territory in their sad little campaign to get one up over a 2007 game. Then when everything is said and done they turn around and accuse PC gamers of going on about Crysis too much; so much that it must be our only game of value...

The cheek of it, these people are getting pathetic; even by System Wars standards.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10143 Posts

"Best looking" is purely subjective. One might say that Doom is the best looking, and theyd be right. Because to them, Doom is the best looking. But when speaking of objective technical achievements without any sort of appeal to platform, Crysis and Crysis Warhead are the most technically advanced games on the market right now. Case closed. No ifs, ands, or buts. Do other games look better? Sure. How it looks to you is entirelly up to how you feel watching or playing it. If GT thinks U2 is the best looking, good for them.

heybooboo19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 heybooboo19
Member since 2009 • 428 Posts

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,687730/115-Gigapixel-Biggest-game-screenshot-ever/News/

Now there's no need to spam screens of this.

SODRChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 SODRChief
Member since 2009 • 444 Posts

Get owned, Uncharted.

BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 BoloTheGreat
Member since 2008 • 3483 Posts

Come children, let me tell you the legend of a man named the golden poo, he may have fallen under the cruel swing of the banhammer but his screens live on to fight another system war. Suck this uncharted!

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1657/xrengine202008091420073ox2.jpg

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8189/xrengine202008091220060fq7.jpg

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7959/xrengine202008091220031lg5.jpg

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6237/xrengine202008091420075wn3.jpg

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8974/xrengine202008091420074jo7.jpg

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4062/xrengine202008091420072we2.jpg

I'm sorry, who was saying CS didn't look that good?

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#114 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

I see the rabid IW Sony fan is still blasting on about E3 and Sony.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
GameTrailer's computers must only be capable of running Crysis on low, I guess. Otherwise no person in their right mind would claim such a ludicrous thing. GT has lost all their credibility.
sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

SUPRISE!!  TheBigBadGRIM

yup suprise, that game looks mediocre

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 princeofshapeir

MegajerkNYC
It's not really as hard as it seems, and a lot of people exaggerate the lengths you need to go through to get Crysis running well on your machine. It runs good enough on my $1,500 PC, albeit at high settings without shadows.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="clembo1990"]

[QUOTE="dethroned3"]

what pc game. crysis?

you too need to accept that uncharted 2 is a great looking game.
put all your fanboyism aside, please.

dethroned3

I own a PS3 and a Gaming PC. Clearly that's more scope than you have.

dont try to act big.
so what if you have a ps3 and gaming pc?

like i said before, just accept it that uncharted 2 is a great looking game.

No one ever said U2 was not a great looking game. You just bumped your self into a pointless arguement.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

a

b

b

c

d

f

... >.>

Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/best-of-best-of-e3/51751 Gametrailers- "No game on the Planet is better looking than Uncharted 2 right now". Read it and weep Hermies. Uncharted 2's animation, artstyle, production values, particle effects and technical prowess blow the stiff and generic looking Crysis away. To me it just looks a hell of a lot better in motion. You can try bombarding this thread with Crysis screens if you want............... but Game Trailer's opinion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your opinionredfordo
GT's opinion may override my opinion to you, but facts override all opinions and fact is Crysis is the best looking game on the planet and nobodies opinion overrides that fact. ;)

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 JangoWuzHere
[QUOTE="MegajerkNYC"]

princeofshapeir
It's not really as hard as it seems, and a lot of people exaggerate the lengths you need to go through to get Crysis running well on your machine. It runs good enough on my $1,500 PC, albeit at high settings without shadows.

hmmm My 900$ pc can run it on very high at 1440x900 and I get around 30-40 FPS But I also ordered those parts from my local computer store so I actually could have gotten them for alot less if I shopped online. So my real final price would be around 600-700$.
Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

[QUOTE="LeGoofyGoober"]

Crysis is a different animal. Uncharted 2 is a cute game and i will get it definitely, but Crysis is on another technical galaxy. it's like a lowly little farmer trying to high five God.

redfordo

Uncharted 2 is better looking. Deal.

There is nothing for us to "deal" with. You are the one in denial, not us.

FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
real life looks better than uncharted 2
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 JangoWuzHere

[QUOTE="redfordo"]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/best-of-best-of-e3/51751 Gametrailers- "No game on the Planet is better looking than Uncharted 2 right now". Read it and weep Hermies. Uncharted 2's animation, artstyle, production values, particle effects and technical prowess blow the stiff and generic looking Crysis away. To me it just looks a hell of a lot better in motion. You can try bombarding this thread with Crysis screens if you want............... but Game Trailer's opinion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your opiniondgsag
Gametrailers was only counting games shown at E3. Crysis wasn't shown at E3. This argument = fail.

Did everyone just skip over this post? This = thread/

NYrockinlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#125 NYrockinlegend
Member since 2008 • 2025 Posts
Honestly, I think Uncharted 2 looks better in motion, and with better animations and graphical effects. All in all, Uncharted 2 looks just as good. On a small scale, that is.:P Crysis still rules in the graphical area because it's LARGE-SCALE open environments, and photorealism. Yes, R2 attempted this, and only some places truly stood out; the rest FAILED miserably.:lol: Man, Insomniac really tried alot on R2, but most it didn't work, unfortunately.:( Well, better luck with R3. I'm still not all too sure that the PS3 can handle that much, though, but the most ambitious dev's will keep trying.;) Still, I've gotta admit that more games are competing with PC standards. RE5, KZ2, Gears 2, and Uncharted 2, but that's I really see so far that compares to PC standards. I still have yet to see it outdo PC, though. But maybe consoles aren't THAT inferior after all.
Jamiemydearx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Jamiemydearx3
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts

I can 100%guarantee Uncharted 2 is going to be a jaggy mess with low AF with no AA or very low AA.

BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 BoloTheGreat

Come children, let me tell you the legend of a man named the golden poo, he may have fallen under the cruel swing of the banhammer but his screens live on to fight another system war. Suck this uncharted!

BoloTheGreat

Oh and...

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/405/screenshot3407xg0.jpg

Woops i appear to have posted Crysis, oh well.... ;)

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1561/screenshot3436hs9.jpg

Take that Heathens!

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2696/screenshot3482bf5.jpg

The power of Crysis compels you!!!!

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/4206/screenshot4170nt1.jpg

Next up, Shadow of chernobyl Modded!

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

[QUOTE="dgsag"][QUOTE="redfordo"]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/best-of-best-of-e3/51751 Gametrailers- "No game on the Planet is better looking than Uncharted 2 right now". Read it and weep Hermies. Uncharted 2's animation, artstyle, production values, particle effects and technical prowess blow the stiff and generic looking Crysis away. To me it just looks a hell of a lot better in motion. You can try bombarding this thread with Crysis screens if you want............... but Game Trailer's opinion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your opinionJangoWuzHere

Gametrailers was only counting games shown at E3. Crysis wasn't shown at E3. This argument = fail.

no game on the planet at E3 looks better then uncharted 2.....that sounds quite silly. they did mean the whole planet and crysis is included muahahahah burn hermits BURN

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 princeofshapeir
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="MegajerkNYC"]

hmmm My 900$ pc can run it on very high at 1440x900 and I get around 30-40 FPS But I also ordered those parts from my local computer store so I actually could have gotten them for alot less if I shopped online. So my real final price would be around 600-700$.

I forgot to mention that I bought the PC about two years ago. :P
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 JangoWuzHere

[QUOTE="BoloTheGreat"]

BoloTheGreat

Oh and...

"pics"

Take that Heathens!

Stop posting pointless pics please. Thats REALLY annoying.

SODRChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 SODRChief

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

[QUOTE="dgsag"] Gametrailers was only counting games shown at E3. Crysis wasn't shown at E3. This argument = fail.sikanderahmed

no game on the planet at E3 looks better then uncharted 2.....that sounds quite silly. they did mean the whole planet and crysis is included muahahahah burn hermits BURN

In comparison with Crysis, this game has the look of a PlayStation 2 game.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 JangoWuzHere

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

[QUOTE="dgsag"] Gametrailers was only counting games shown at E3. Crysis wasn't shown at E3. This argument = fail.sikanderahmed

Ummm not really this is E3 awards. And its not like GT has any credibility for PC games at least IMO.

Jamiemydearx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Jamiemydearx3
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts

.... LOL I just watched a few videos of Uncharted 2 in HD, and WOW. Low resolution, lack of AA+AF and frame rate dips right off that bat. That alone* makes Crysis a better looking game.

VitunLehmat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 VitunLehmat
Member since 2009 • 419 Posts
I can 100%guarantee Uncharted 2 is going to be a jaggy mess with low AF with no AA or very low AA.Jamiemydearx3
You can spot easily the jaggies in Uncharted 2..it got only 2xAA..the shadows have a lot of aliasing..and these great textures some fanboys speak of are most flat textures but due to art styIe of the game they appear as high resolution...and uncharted 2 has many things missing from the original uncharted like the anisotropic filtering on the ground and again shadows are more low resolution than in uncharted.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

[QUOTE="sikanderahmed"]

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

JangoWuzHere

Ummm not really this is E3 awards. And its not like GT has any credibility for PC games at least IMO.

No your right, they reviewed stalker CS on like medium/lowish settings.
BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 BoloTheGreat

[QUOTE="BoloTheGreat"]

[QUOTE="BoloTheGreat"]

JangoWuzHere

Oh and...

"pics"

Take that Heathens!

Stop posting pointless pics please. Thats REALLY annoying.

But the proof is in the Pics :(....
SODRChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 SODRChief

I'm sorry, Uncharted. Perhaps another day...

Irick_cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Irick_cb
Member since 2009 • 1691 Posts

I... i am so sorry to say this but.

I just looked in a mirror and...

My hair has better graphics then Crysis

and Uncharted 2 looks better then my hair.

Therefor Uncharted 2 looks better then Crysis.

BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 BoloTheGreat

Irick_cb
Wut? :?
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

"Best looking" is purely subjective. One might say that Doom is the best looking, and theyd be right. Because to them, Doom is the best looking. But when speaking of objective technical achievements without any sort of appeal to platform, Crysis and Crysis Warhead are the most technically advanced games on the market right now. Case closed. No ifs, ands, or buts. Do other games look better? Sure. How it looks to you is entirelly up to how you feel watching or playing it. If GT thinks U2 is the best looking, good for them.

organic_machine
I'm not sure if that's true, Crysis has the best high res textures etc etc, but that's because of the horsepower it get from high end gaming pc's. If you look at the tricks and work needed to pull off a game consoles game could be more impressive, even though they don't have such high textures and yada yada.
Irick_cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Irick_cb
Member since 2009 • 1691 Posts

[QUOTE="Irick_cb"]

BoloTheGreat

It is sad. But true.

(yes it is a joke on how pointless this tread has become)

BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 BoloTheGreat

[QUOTE="BoloTheGreat"][QUOTE="Irick_cb"]

Irick_cb

It is sad. But true.

(yes it is a joke on how pointless this tread has become)

Im just here to post pretty pics 8)
ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#143 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

Who cares....

yoshi454444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 yoshi454444
Member since 2008 • 91 Posts

so uncharted looks better than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wztFZiiSvMc

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUlgdtRBVPQ&feature=fvw

:roll:

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#145 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

so uncharted looks better than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wztFZiiSvMc

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUlgdtRBVPQ&feature=fvw

yoshi454444

YES

knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 knight0151
Member since 2008 • 1205 Posts

It must be done! Oh, what console trolls will say to save their own beloved ...console ....things..

Yeah, crysis looks freaking horrible /end sarcasm

Jono789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#147 Jono789
Member since 2009 • 2118 Posts

None of those screenies look very sharp

SODRChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 SODRChief

Uncharted appears to be envious...

heybooboo19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 heybooboo19
Member since 2009 • 428 Posts

[QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"]I can 100%guarantee Uncharted 2 is going to be a jaggy mess with low AF with no AA or very low AA.VitunLehmat
You can spot easily the jaggies in Uncharted 2..it got only 2xAA..the shadows have a lot of aliasing..and these great textures some fanboys speak of are most flat textures but due to art styIe of the game they appear as high resolution...and uncharted 2 has many things missing from the original uncharted like the anisotropic filtering on the ground and again shadows are more low resolution than in uncharted.

It's a console game. =\

Two compromises does not equate to many and its an improvement in nearly every graphical facet over the original.

VitunLehmat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 VitunLehmat
Member since 2009 • 419 Posts
None of those screenies look very sharpJono789
They still look better than uncharted 2,and please don't post the bullshots of uncharted 2 to try prove me wrong.