GS E3 2008 Game of Show: Fable 2!!!!??? Do you agree?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ArrancarVizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ArrancarVizard
Member since 2007 • 464 Posts

Wow, it took me by surprise that Fable 2 would win game of show. I definitely thought it was going to be RE5, Gears of War 2, or Resistance 2 :(

Anyway, I won't be surprised if this game gets a 10 here ;)

iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts
Fable 1 one was supposed to be "the greatest RPG of ALL time", but then about half of its features were cut due to the hardware limitations of the first Xbox. And now if you look at Fable 2, all those features have been revived. Maybe it will be the greatest RPG of all time?
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

Fable 1 one was supposed to be "the greatest RPG of ALL time", but then about half of its features were cut due to the hardware limitations of the first Xbox. And now if you look at Fable 2, all those features have been revived. Maybe it will be the greatest RPG of all time?iammason

From all the previews I've read from E3, Fable 2 is good but is still another example of the devs over hyping and not delivering on most of it.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts
I love how all the Cows that bash Fable 2 keep sticking to the past, dissmising all proof of features that Molyeneux talked about even when they were SHOWN to them on video IN A COMPLETED PRODUCT. Cows never fail to amaze me. Some of them even try to justify their PS3 by reffering to the PS2 :lol:
ArrancarVizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ArrancarVizard
Member since 2007 • 464 Posts

I love how all the Cows that bash Fable 2 keep sticking to the past, dissmising all proof of features that Molyeneux talked about even when they were SHOWN to them on video IN A COMPLETED PRODUCT. Cows never fail to amaze me. Some of them even try to justify their PS3 by reffering to the PS2 :lol:argetlam00

I agree, Fable 2 is shaping up to be a very good rpg indeed...

ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ImOldGreg
Member since 2007 • 2357 Posts

the game is going to kick thre kinds of @#$%.

in short, peters swan song will sound beautiful. :P

JakeTD21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 JakeTD21
Member since 2007 • 1631 Posts
Hard to tell because I was not at E3.
Bentham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bentham
Member since 2008 • 1154 Posts
I definitely have high hopes for this game. I don't think it deserved game of the show, though.
Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts

I love how all the Cows that bash Fable 2 keep sticking to the past, dissmising all proof of features that Molyeneux talked about even when they were SHOWN to them on video IN A COMPLETED PRODUCT. Cows never fail to amaze me. Some of them even try to justify their PS3 by reffering to the PS2 :lol:argetlam00

To be fair, lems do exactly the same with KZ2.

Anyways, while i think Fable 2 will be good and i'll definitely get it, i don't agree that it was the best game shown at E3. But it's a subjective opinion anyways, it can't be wrong or right.

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

Do i agree? No.

Do i know which one should have won? No, because i haven't tried any of those game.

PS: what was funny is that they gave Best Sport game to UFC: Undisputed, yet that game wasn't even playable at E3.

Tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Tactis
Member since 2006 • 1568 Posts
the stage demo showed most if not all of the features that were promised the game looks like a great amount of fun espically the drop in drop out co-op
argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]I love how all the Cows that bash Fable 2 keep sticking to the past, dissmising all proof of features that Molyeneux talked about even when they were SHOWN to them on video IN A COMPLETED PRODUCT. Cows never fail to amaze me. Some of them even try to justify their PS3 by reffering to the PS2 :lol:Tykain

To be fair, lems do exactly the same with KZ2.

Anyways, while i think Fable 2 will be good and i'll definitely get it, i don't agree that it was the best game shown at E3. But it's a subjective opinion anyways, it can't be wrong or right.

Fanboys are fanboys. But I don't think its even close to the same extent. The Cows literally deny evidence dancing naked infront of them and dissmiss it as lies. KZ2 haters are saying the is turning out exactly like the first. A generic but graphicly impressive shooter. Unlike the first Fable, this PROVES its promises.

facebooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 facebooker
Member since 2008 • 514 Posts
certainly deserved it more than any of sony's trash shows
lvgaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lvgaming
Member since 2006 • 739 Posts

I will have to hold off and see if they will release it on the PC, this is only one of a couple games I wanted to play after I sold my X360.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

i would agree if they said nuthing any thing else is just wrong

its like last months psp games

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Wii Music should have won.

The hell..

deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#17 deepdreamer256
Member since 2005 • 7140 Posts
As overrated and famous as Fable is, it pretty much lost my interest at the very beginning of the game. My disposition to this game is already low, and I don't think boring, automatic combat is going to convince me. :/
mephisto_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mephisto_11
Member since 2008 • 1880 Posts
Fable 2 is AAA material but I still disagree. IMO it should've been Gears 2, RE5, or LBP.
TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 TenP
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
Not over L4D, but I guess Gamespot is getting sick of all these zombie games so... :roll:
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
I don't see why it doesn't deserve it. I wouldn't pick it myself but that's just my opinion
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts

[QUOTE="iammason"]Fable 1 one was supposed to be "the greatest RPG of ALL time", but then about half of its features were cut due to the hardware limitations of the first Xbox. And now if you look at Fable 2, all those features have been revived. Maybe it will be the greatest RPG of all time?ZIMdoom

From all the previews I've read from E3, Fable 2 is good but is still another example of the devs over hyping and not delivering on most of it.

Please list all the features that Molyneux has hyped but not delivered in Fable 2. Because from what I've seen, he has only hyped features as he's shown them in real-time. But maybe I'm missing some.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 dracula_16  Online
Member since 2005 • 16000 Posts
I disagree with it. Left 4 dead should have won, imo.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

I'll tell you my answer in October.

I didn't like the first one enough to even finish it so this one has a way to go to meet the hype with me.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
I disagree with it. Left 4 dead should have won, imo.dracula_16
Best shooter and best PC game are nothing to sneeze at though.
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#25 deepdreamer256
Member since 2005 • 7140 Posts
[QUOTE="dracula_16"]I disagree with it. Left 4 dead should have won, imo.Riverwolf007

Best shooter and PC game? *sneezes*
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

They gave the best graphics award to Flower, for crying out loud. And Gears, Crysis, Resistance, Fallout... none of them even appeared in the runners up.

Take it with a mountain of salt.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#27 dracula_16  Online
Member since 2005 • 16000 Posts

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]I disagree with it. Left 4 dead should have won, imo.Riverwolf007

Rightfully so. I just think Fable 2's combat is thoroughly uninteresting.

Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
Where can I watch the videos?
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts

They gave the best graphics award to Flower, for crying out loud. And Gears, Crysis, Resistance, Fallout... none of them even appeared in the runners up.

Take it with a mountain of salt.

Ninja-Hippo
:lol:
Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Metsvideogame
Member since 2008 • 1145 Posts

Not over L4D, but I guess Gamespot is getting sick of all these zombie games so... :roll:TenP

I agree L4D should of been the winner, and it does look insanely scary.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

Well,It impressed me the most. ^-^ Most anticipated game for 2008.

P.S.-I heard you can get AIDS in Fable...is that true?

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
I'm shocked.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Hey, I enjoyed Fable 1. I'm surprised it got GOTS, but its still a great game.
TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts

[QUOTE="iammason"]Fable 1 one was supposed to be "the greatest RPG of ALL time", but then about half of its features were cut due to the hardware limitations of the first Xbox. And now if you look at Fable 2, all those features have been revived. Maybe it will be the greatest RPG of all time?ZIMdoom

Um show me an example of a feature they claimed would be in the game and now is not?

Madbhal402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 Madbhal402
Member since 2008 • 612 Posts

Fable 2 will probably be a great game and will sastify many people who were dissapointed wih the first Fable but it still doesnt deserve to be the Game of the show.

I think that Little big planet, Gears 2, or RE5 deserved it.

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
Well, in the end, none of us played it except them. In our situation Seeing=/=Playing.
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts

To be honest the dev's have been extremely toned down on the hyping of this game. Sure they create hype ever so often, but they have been very good about only hyping features that have actually made it into the game rather than with Fable where they hyped every concept they had.

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts

fable to lemmings is killzone to cows

overhyped crap games

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts

overhyped crap games

mistervengeance

I hate when people compare these games. Yes, both were overhyped, but the difference was one still turned out to be great (Fable 8.6) while the other turned out meh (killzone 6.9). I think Fable 2 will be brilliant, everything Peter had talked about has actually been shown so im not worried.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 L1qu1dSword
Member since 2006 • 2835 Posts

as a cow one would expect you are used to that by now.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

overhyped crap games

mistervengeance

Fable 1 was AA.

Was Killzone even A?

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 L1qu1dSword

what an unexpected and awesome turn of events. somewhere deep in the GS account graveyard Saolin's account flickered as this announcement was made. "thousands and thousands of them......the leaves......THE LEAVES!!!"

seriously though. who could have possibly doubted. you know why i got hyped by Fable1? because I truly felt that there was something uniquely talented about Molyneux but everyone cried foul when it is apparent he was held back by real world buisiness constraints and mostly hardware. Fable 1 revenues, time, regrouping and of course MS's awesome machine backed by M$ and you have the recipee for PM to really unleash his vision on the gaming world.

year of the ps3? ha this year is far from over and the drop in the gaming bucket of mgs4 that reverberated titalatingly among fanboy reviewers( more accurately fanboy APPEASING reviewers) will be overshadowed by the crescendo raised by Too Human, Star Ocean 4, Gears 2 and Fable 2. well see what hardware sales are like then now won't we. One tremor in June will be forgotten when the real quakes roll in!

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

what an unexpected and awesome turn of events. somewhere deep in the GS account graveyard Saolin's account flickered as this announcement was made. "thousands and thousands of them......the leaves......THE LEAVES!!!"

seriously though. who could have possibly doubted. you know why i got hyped by Fable1? because I truly felt that there was something uniquely talented about Molyneux but everyone cried foul when it is apparent he was held back by real world buisiness constraints and mostly hardware. Fable 1 revenues, time, regrouping and of course MS's awesome machine backed by M$ and you have the recipee for PM to really unleash his vision on the gaming world.

year of the ps3? ha this year is far from over and the drop in the gaming bucket of mgs4 that reverberated titalatingly among fanboy reviewers( more accurately fanboy APPEASING reviewers) will be overshadowed by the crescendo raised by Too Human, Star Ocean 4, Gears 2 and Fable 2. well see what hardware sales are like then now won't we. One tremor in June will be forgotten when the real quakes roll in!

L1qu1dSword

...how could you forget Rare? They're still kicking ass and taking names.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

SSCyborg

...how could you forget Rare? They're still kicking ass and taking names.

I almost totally forgot about banjoo 3.

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
[QUOTE="mistervengeance"]

overhyped crap games

-DrRobotnik-

I hate when people compare these games. Yes, both were overhyped, but the difference was one still turned out to be great (Fable 8.6) while the other turned out meh (killzone 6.9). I think Fable 2 will be brilliant, everything Peter had talked about has actually been shown so im not worried.

fable still was garbage

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dreams-Visions

overhyped crap games

-DrRobotnik-

yea...he walked right into that one.

hopefully both games will deliver.

rofflecopter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rofflecopter_
Member since 2008 • 591 Posts

overhyped crap games

-DrRobotnik-

thank you, killzone qA mega flop,and they want to give killzone 2 a free pass....bunk that ish
REBEL2100x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 REBEL2100x
Member since 2007 • 591 Posts
Wrong. LBP took the show its a fact
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dreams-Visions
Wrong. LBP took the show its a fact REBEL2100x
How is their opinion wrong? it's an opinion on something that has no right or wrong. :|
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts
Not at all. IMO Game of show was either Left 4 Dead or Spore. Both were very impressive IMO.