GS E3 2008 Game of Show: Fable 2!!!!??? Do you agree?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts
That's strange. For me, Resident Evil 5 pretty much walked all over the other games.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
Not at all. IMO Game of show was either Left 4 Dead or Spore. Both were very impressive IMO. Puckhog04
You played all 3? maybe it was really good.
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
I definitely have high hopes for this game. I don't think it deserved game of the show, though.Bentham
completely agree. Fable 2 is definetly shaping up to be better than the first one but i'll hold off for final judgements until i get my hand on it. fable 2 was great at E3 but in terms of presentation i think a couple game did better at E3
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]Not at all. IMO Game of show was either Left 4 Dead or Spore. Both were very impressive IMO. Dreams-Visions

Played all 3 of what? Why do i have to play them to judge what was best of show? :|

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Dreams-Visions

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]Not at all. IMO Game of show was either Left 4 Dead or Spore. Both were very impressive IMO. Puckhog04

Played all 3 of what? Why do i have to play them to judge what was best of show? :|

the irony is great in your question, my friend.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Puckhog04
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]Not at all. IMO Game of show was either Left 4 Dead or Spore. Both were very impressive IMO. Dreams-Visions

Since i'm sure everyone here has played all of the games that they're mentioning for Game of Show...

But i have to play them to judge, yet others don't? No, the irony isn't there. I saw the games in action in live demos. There was absolutely no way for me to have a chance to play them. So your point is...

If you have a problem with my games of show based off of live demos then say it. Don't claim that i should've played them before judging when I had absolutely no chance of doing that to begin with.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]Not at all. IMO Game of show was either Left 4 Dead or Spore. Both were very impressive IMO. Puckhog04

Since i'm sure everyone here has played all of the games that they're mentioning for Game of Show...

But i have to play them to judge, yet others don't? No, the irony isn't there. I saw the games in action in live demos. There was absolutely no way for me to have a chance to play them. So your point is...

If you have a problem with my games of show based off of live demos then say it. Don't claim that i should've "played" them before judging when I had absolutely no chance of doing that to begin with.

people are commenting on Gamespot's choice. there isn't a way to critique an opinion...especially when you've not played ANY of the games. you just accept it and move on.

As a gamer, YES, you need to have played the game to offer categorical dissent. As of right now, you don't have a leg to stand on or a way to argue your point definitively. as such, your opinion qualifies for little. It's based on pictures, video clips and other people's commentary, right?

Right.

Meanwhile, these guys have played all the afore mentioned games and settled on Fable 2.

Their educated, experienced opinion based on actual time with all 3 in their hands > your conjecture.

We're gamers. Yes, you need to judge games based on GAMING. That means playing the game first; giving your critique later.

I don't think that's asking much.

Cellpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Cellpwn
Member since 2007 • 1052 Posts
I was all pumped until I saw the combat, now I'm kind of skeptical...
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Puckhog04
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]Not at all. IMO Game of show was either Left 4 Dead or Spore. Both were very impressive IMO. Dreams-Visions

If you have a problem with my games of show based off of live demos then say it. Don't claim that i should've "played" them before judging when I had absolutely no chance of doing that to begin with.

people are commenting on Gamespot's choice. there isn't a way to critique an opinion...especially when you've not played ANY of the games. you just accept it and move on.

As a gamer, YES, you need to have played the game to offer categorical dissent. As of right now, you don't have a leg to stand on or a way to argue your point definitively. as such, your opinion qualifies for little. It's based on pictures, video clips and other people's commentary, right?

Right.

Meanwhile, these guys have played all the afore mentioned games and settled on Fable 2.

Their educated, experienced opinion based on actual time with all 3 in their hands > your conjecture.

We're gamers. Yes, you need to judge games based on GAMING. That means playing the game first; giving your critique later.

I don't think that's asking much.

Except that if i had a chance to play them and try them, i would. I can't though. So I can't judge games based on live demos anymore? Live demos don't display what the game is going to be like anymore? So i can't have a personal opinion of what was the game of show based on Live demos? I get what your saying but the simple fact is that i don't have a chance to try these demos so i don't have a chance to judge like they do. I judge based off of the live demos that i see.

Secondly, i didn't second guess their choice, i simply stated mine. Why should i blindly accept what they feel is a great game? Like you said, i haven't played any of them. What if our tastes differ from the editors at GS? *gasp* I won't simply accept their tastes in gaming because, like you said, i haven't played these titles. Therefore, i go off what i see at the live demos. Again, i didn't judge their decision, i simply stated mine. If you have a problem with that then tough.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

Not at all. IMO Game of show was either Left 4 Dead or Spore. Both were very impressive IMO. Puckhog04

/thread

all you consolites are still stuck in your stupid, idiotic fanboy ways. sufficeth to say i do own consoles, but come on guys. seriously. if one console dominates the market that means no competition and that means that console prices=whatever sony/ms/nintendo want them to be. all you should think before you post.jeez. and i quote a wise guy whos name i can't remember(although his avatar was Big Smoke):

"DEATH TO ALL FANBOYS!"

cday132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 cday132
Member since 2008 • 537 Posts

I love how all the Cows that bash Fable 2 keep sticking to the past, dissmising all proof of features that Molyeneux talked about even when they were SHOWN to them on video IN A COMPLETED PRODUCT. Cows never fail to amaze me. Some of them even try to justify their PS3 by reffering to the PS2 :lol:argetlam00

Qft, Fable 2 rightfully earned this award.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Dreams-Visions

all you consolites are still stuck in your stupid, idiotic fanboy ways. sufficeth to say i do own consoles, but come on guys. seriously. if one console dominates the market that means no competition and that means that console prices=whatever sony/ms/nintendo want them to be. all you should think before you post.jeez. and i quote a wise guy whos name i can't remember(although his avatar was Big Smoke):

"DEATH TO ALL FANBOYS!"

shakmaster13

why does it hurt you guys so much that Gamespot saw all the games and made a selection that wasn't a PC game? lol.

death to all fanboys indeed. but only after you spend some good time in the mirror.

Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts
Not at all. To me, Fable 2is still on the edge of being a great game until I actually play it after the 'meh' first game. I love how lemmings blame the originals lack of depth on "hardware limitations" when Morrowind was on the same system :lol:.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Dreams-Visions

Not at all. To me, Fable 2is still on the edge of being a great game until I actually play it after the 'meh' first game. I love how lemmings blame the originals lack of depth on "hardware limitations" when Morrowind was on the same system :lol:.Zoso-8
another one.

you haven't played it. until you do, you really shouldn't be stressing it.

this pick is a shock to me too because the footage I saw wasn't impressive. then again, all I can say is that I saw a few minutes of footage. they played the game. their experience with the game > ours.

Fable 2 will be fine. Probably AAA fine.

wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 wiistation360
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts
i hope this game delivers