Greatness has finally arrived?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Blabadon said:

It arrived for me a while back, although the PC took a lot of its thunder when I got my laptop. Even then, the PS4 has already a few of my all-time favorite games in Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, and Doom, and the other titles haven't been bad either. I'm pretty damn happy with mine as long as this keeps up.

PC gaming is great. I mainly play league though lately. After Nioh and BOTW, I might go back to some Rimworld and Solaris at my buddies lan parties.

PS4 is killing Xbox One right now. Honestly the only reason I've used my Xbox One recently is to watch UHD Blu Rays.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

nah, none of those games will stop me from playing COD, or Battlefield.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Greatness has been around since 2013. PS4 just murders the bone, there's no refuting it. Take a look at the quantity and quality of the games for both systems. One trend you'll notice is that the bone is chalked full of shit. It's been getting flop after flop. I feel sad for the delusional lems waiting for the Scorpio to continue delivering flops in 4K LOL

TLHBO

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 Renegade_Fury  Online
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

It certainly has for me. Gravity Rush 2 was great, and I'm 100 hours into Yakuza 0 with more than half of the game's main story remaining. Nioh also looks like a type of game that I could spend many hours playing.

KudoTsunodaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By KudoTsunodaFan
Member since 2015 • 65 Posts

Greatness arrives during holiday 2017 with Xbox Scorpio. Getting a couple niche Japanese games doesn't mean greatness is here.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#56 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts
@pdogg93 said:

Greatness has been around since 2013. PS4 just murders the bone, there's no refuting it. Take a look at the quantity and quality of the games for both systems. One trend you'll notice is that the bone is chalked full of shit. It's been getting flop after flop. I feel sad for the delusional lems waiting for the Scorpio to continue delivering flops in 4K LOL

TLHBO

take your pills bro! Your paranoid delusions are surfacing again.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 pdogg93

@kudotsunodafan: lol Scorpio isn't gonna do shit pal. PS4 will still have the best games, Scorpio will have more power for multiplats. My laptop has more power than the Scorpio.

Lems=owned

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#58 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

well I don't regret buying a ps4 anymore, which is good. Seems like it might actually get a healthy amount of use this year after it was used for literally one game per year in the last couple years

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#59  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

love how people are spinning the recent influx of PS4 exclusives this early into 2017 as a bad thing, as if there'll be nothing left for the console for the rest of the year. there are still lots of PS4 games coming out in 2017, including nier automata next month (though it's only a timed exclusive), persona 5 in late april, and uncharted: the lost legacy, ni no kuni 2, and (possibly) detroit become human later this year. and then there's always E3.

lemmings would be shitting themselves in glee if their console had a comparable lineup.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

Yet another big game from Sony. After Nioh that released literally the same month, Gravity Rush not too long ago, TLG in late 2016 along with R&C and Uncharted 4 in the middle of last year, I think it's safe to say that greatness has arrived on the PS4. Then count the fact that Persona 5 seems to be a winner in Japan, Nier Automata AND the upcoming God of War.

**** is wrong with you? Forgetting about Yakuza 0?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@kudotsunodafan said:

Greatness arrives during holiday 2017 with Xbox Scorpio. Getting a couple niche Japanese games doesn't mean greatness is here.

Ah ah ah. Keep playing the waiting game.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@Juub1990 said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I use this as my sig?

Go for it dude.

@me2002 said:

why are you such a bully?

The way Tormentos comes down on people here, even being a time traveling stalker to make a point? Nah son, point that finger somewhere else.

Aside from that, El Tormo totally approves, he got a kick out of it and was a really good sport about it. The whole thing was pretty light hearted tbh.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Gravity Rush is a bad game.

But sure from a PC Gamer's perspective in 2017 assuming Nioh is actually great, it's finally ascended to being about as good as the WiiU is. Only took them a little over 3 years, truly earth shattering results.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i'd say with horizon....yes greatness finally arrived for cows.

but i think sheep will get it on day1 with switch :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

I would think it had arrived already, but sure if you cows think you had to wait for +3 years for greatness to arrive we'll go with that. And this is a topic that is praising Sony, or...?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Lol, this so called "Greatness" took long enough... But the main game out of all the ones that OP listed that appeals to me most is actually Ratchet and Clank. And maybe Uncharted a bit. That's about it.

Anyway, I'm outta here before the usual PS fangirls start spewing out their usual bullshit "just another salty lem" blah blah.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67 BluFalconUltra
Member since 2014 • 459 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

No thanks. all these games looks nothing special. same generic action games that released last generation but with prettier graphics.

Says the guy who can't play the games lol. I almost feel sorry for you, but then you are not worthy of this greatness.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 kvally

@Juub1990 said:
@kudotsunodafan said:

Ah ah ah. Keep playing the waiting game.

Well, why not? The PS still is.

Greatness Awaits!

2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Maybe 2018?

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Greatness was already around but now its in full force.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Greatness has been here for a while, it's just in full force now.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

critics back in days overrated the crap out of microsoft first party games like halo and gears used to got perfect reviews. now not anymore as the the trend is dead. and now these critics are high on sony first party games.

I find it highly ironic you shit on games like Gears of War or Halo then go on to praise generic shooters like Half-Life 2 and Crysis.

Gears of War has always been trash. Halo 1 was definitely brilliant in it's time, but everything from 360 and onwards was trash.

Half-Life 2 and Crysis 1, like Halo 1 and 2, are among the G.O.A.T. But Gears and current Halo are trash. There is no disconnect for him to state the obvious.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 kvally

^this user name makes me want to get Taco Bell right now. I could use a Chili Cheese Burrito. Yum.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#73 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Personally greatness arrived the moment Bloodborne came out. Then games like Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, Nioh and now Horizon just keep up that greatness. I also enjoyed Killzone: SF, Infamous SS and The Order before BB

Sorry but its undeniable Sony has been kicking some serious a** this gen thus far

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#74 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

critics back in days overrated the crap out of microsoft first party games like halo and gears used to got perfect reviews. now not anymore as the the trend is dead. and now these critics are high on sony first party games.

I find it highly ironic you shit on games like Gears of War or Halo then go on to praise generic shooters like Half-Life 2 and Crysis.

Cause they're PC games... havent you heard? Console games cant be good, only PC games. Get up with the times man...

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

@kvally said:
@Blazed said:
@drrollinstein said:

Should have stopped after saying that sony is doing great. Attacking Xbox weakens your own position. Just because they have exclusives coming out at different times of the year doesnt mean that either one is better.

Sony had a drought for a good few months last year, while Xbox has some big hitters such as FH3 and Gears 4 at the same time.You do realise Sony has more games in 5 months than Microsoft will have in a whole a year? It's not even a competition especially when you include MLB, GT Sport.and Everybodys Golf compared to just Forza.

You do realise Sony has more games in 5 months than MS will have in a whole year? It's not even a competition especially when you include MLB, GT Sport and Everybody's Golf compared to just Forza.

Not really Sony had Tripple AAA games pretty much all year. The X1 had an 8 month drought with only QB. LOL

Kinda like when MS had more games in 5 months (at the second half of last year) then Sony had over like 8 months. Historically Sony puts all their eggs in one basket in spring, and MS puts them all in one basket in fall.

Except Sony generally has more AAA games than MS on a consistent basis and higher rated too. It's not even a competition. .

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By kvally

@Blazed: I don't think anyone has said that MS has more games this gen than Sony. If they did they are on crack.

That isn't what I said though. I said our PS4 was starving last holiday and our Xbox was getting the big hitters. And now Sony is getting big hitters these few months and Xbox is mostly idle.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#77 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

To be honest, Nioh isn't from Sony. Its from Team Ninja.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#78 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

If it hasnt already, it will on April 4th

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#79 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Yes it has.

@uninspiredcup said:

Zelda's coming, better slurp up that water, big desert ahead.

Still only one game compared to the consistently badass showing the PS4 has had for a while now.

For SW purposes I guess. I made TLG hype thread and was wanting that game. Its a sleeping pill. No interest after 4 hours. Grav Rush 2? I cant finish Grav Rush on Vita, so 2 is lost on me.

Nioh and Horizon (I haven't played it, but I really want to) are badass.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#80  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

No thanks. all these games looks nothing special. same generic action games that released last generation but with prettier graphics.

Sure ... like X1 or Wii U delivered far better experiences overall

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Greatness has finally arrived?

Not for me !

Sony may have a bunch of exclusives but that doesn't help when out of all those exclusives I have only cared about 1: UC4 and that's it.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#82 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Are they up to two worthwhile rentals a year now?

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 pdogg93

Can someone remind me of the big budget PC exclusives that have released as of late? I'm genuinely curious.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#84 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@pdogg93 said:

Can someone remind me of the big budget PC exclusives that have released as of late? I'm genuinely curious.

Warhammer: Total War, Civilization 6, off the top of my head. But I don't PC game, so I'll let others who do chip in.

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Blazed

@kvally said:

@Blazed: I don't think anyone has said that MS has more games this gen than Sony. If they did they are on crack.

That isn't what I said though. I said our PS4 was starving last holiday and our Xbox was getting the big hitters. And now Sony is getting big hitters these few months and Xbox is mostly idle.

Eitherway it's a poor arguement...

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 kvally

@Blazed: we will just agree to disagree.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

On a scale of 1 to 11.5? Joint.

Think I took a painkiller that night too.

Thumbs up to Tormentos for giving us such great material.

Holy shit...Hahahhaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@tormentos said:

Holy shit...Hahahhaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:)

You should really make it your avy bro.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tormentos

@kvally said:

Kinda like when MS had more games in 5 months (at the second half of last year) then Sony had over like 8 months. Historically Sony puts all their eggs in one basket in spring, and MS puts them all in one basket in fall.

When?

Because last holiday sony got a bunch of games to while the only worth while thing was Forza and gears which flopped as well on xbox and and landed outside of the holidays,just because you refuse to count PS4 games doesn't mean they aren't there,oh and lets not forgot the first half of the year where again the xbox got Quantum Flop and sony slayed MS with the highest rated game of 2016 in metacritic Uncharted 4..lol

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#90 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

I'd say mildly better has arrived, not greatness.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 tormentos

@ConanTheStoner said:

Go for it dude.

The way Tormentos comes down on people here, even being a time traveling stalker to make a point? Nah son, point that finger somewhere else.

Aside from that, El Tormo totally approves, he got a kick out of it and was a really good sport about it. The whole thing was pretty light hearted tbh.

Is fu**ing awesome i am still laughing.... Hahahahhaa

I may have to active my sig again that shit is sig worthy...hahahhaa

@ConanTheStoner said:

:)

You should really make it your avy bro.

No doubt...hahahahahahaaha

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 kvally

@tormentos said:
@kvally said:

Because last holiday sony got a bunch of games

No.

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Blazed

@kvally said:

There is nothing to disagree with. Sony factually AAA games on a consistent basis along with heavy hitters like Uncharted . You are trying to agrue a few heavy hitter on the holiday is equal to a plethora of games through out the year.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By kvally

@Blazed said:
@kvally said:

There is nothing to disagree with. Sony factually AAA games on a consistent basis along with heavy hitters like Uncharted . You are trying to agrue a few heavy hitter on the holiday is equal to a plethora of games through out the year.

I never said just holiday. I said that last fall MS was killing it with heavy hitters and PS was taking a shit all over itself. Then I said this early winter PS is killing with heavy hitters and Xbox is taking a shit all over itself. Both will be giving us a plethora of games through out the year.

I have noted your opinion. We will have to agree to disagree.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#95  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

I'd say yes. PS4's library is looking solid.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#96 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@kvally said:
@pdogg93 said:

TLHBO

take your pills bro! Your paranoid delusions are surfacing again.

Lol

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

This may be the best SW meme I've seen yet. Hilarious

@ConanTheStoner said:
@commander said:

@ConanTheStoner: how baked were you when you made that sig lol

On a scale of 1 to 11.5? Joint.

Think I took a painkiller that night too.

Thumbs up to Tormentos for giving us such great material.