Good horror games?

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by CKYguy25 (2180 posts) -

Anyone got any good horror game suggestions to play for either X360 or PS3?

#2 Posted by Jolt_counter119 (4089 posts) -

Dead Space

#3 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
FEAR. The horror sucks but damn is the game good.
#4 Posted by mems_1224 (47285 posts) -
condemned is the only good one on consoles i can think of. on PC amnesia is pretty great.
#5 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -
Dead Space I & II (PS3 / 360 / PC) Siren New Translation (PS3 Exclusive) That's about it really. The Silent Hill games Homecoming and Downpour suck.
#6 Posted by CKYguy25 (2180 posts) -

FEAR. The horror sucks but damn is the game good.tagyhag

i did play that, i couldn't see anything too scary about it

#7 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21799 posts) -
siren blood curse.
#8 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

Resident Evil 6

Mr_beans_holiday_ver5.jpg

#9 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Siren Blood Curse is an awesome survival horror for the PS3. If you have a PC try Amnesia.
#10 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

condemned is the only good one on consoles i can think of. on PC amnesia is pretty great.mems_1224

I always see people talk about that game but when I watch gameplay I just see someone with a light running from monster sounds and hiding in a closet.

#11 Posted by Nanomage (2419 posts) -
There isn´t that many on consoles these days,for horror fans the PC is where it´s at.
#12 Posted by Jolt_counter119 (4089 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]condemned is the only good one on consoles i can think of. on PC amnesia is pretty great.JohnnyCageMK

I always see people talk about that game but when I watch gameplay I just see someone with a light running from monster sounds and hiding in a closet.

lol I'm not gonna lie, I feel the same way. I have not seen a single video of that game that looked enjoyable.

#13 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]condemned is the only good one on consoles i can think of. on PC amnesia is pretty great.Jolt_counter119

lol I'm not gonna lie, I feel the same way. I have not seen a single video of that game that looked enjoyable.

Difference between watching videos and playing it yourself.
#14 Posted by Jolt_counter119 (4089 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

tagyhag

But if that were true, I'd have to buy every single game in the world to find out if I like it or not. It just doesn't appeal to me at all.

#15 Posted by Nanomage (2419 posts) -

[QUOTE="tagyhag"][QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

Jolt_counter119

But if that were true, I'd have to buy every single game in the world to find out if I like it or not. It just doesn't appeal to me at all.

You don´t have to buy it,there´s a demo.
#16 Posted by Jolt_counter119 (4089 posts) -

[QUOTE="tagyhag"] Difference between watching videos and playing it yourself.Nanomage

eh, I might give it a shot, if only because of its status.

#17 Posted by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nanomage"][QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

Jolt_counter119

The status is well deserved,best actual horror game of this gen(if not all time) alongside the Penumbra series.
#18 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]FEAR. The horror sucks but damn is the game good.CKYguy25

i did play that, i couldn't see anything too scary about it

The Monolith timeline wasn't scary (FEAR 2 onwards), but the Vivendi timeline (FEAR 1, XP, Perseus Mandate) had a lot of, well not scary but some starting, WTF/omfg moments, and a lot of brutal scenes, some parts personally made me jump and it had some good horror elements, it's not totally horrific but it's made a very good place in the genre in it's own way

These are some memorable parts from the Vivendi Timeline:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3azat5TrkY (FEAR: Extraction Point)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oksw_wyZmQ This part scared the **** out of me :P (in Perseus Mandate)

Recommend all fear games (Except fear 3 lololol) to anyone who likes shooters/horror/violent games

#19 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nanomage"][QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

Jolt_counter119

Trust me bro. If you find Dead Space scary, you're gonna sh*t your pants with Amnesia. :P
#20 Posted by Cheleman (7707 posts) -

siren blood curse.TheGuardian03

this.

#21 Posted by Liquid_ (2785 posts) -

Halo 4 is pretty scary on a gameplay level

#22 Posted by Jolt_counter119 (4089 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nanomage"] You don´t have to buy it,there´s a demo.tagyhag

Trust me bro. If you find Dead Space scary, you're gonna sh*t your pants with Amnesia. :P

I don't find Dead Space scary. It's just a really good horror action game.

#23 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16793 posts) -

Actually scary: Silent Hill Downpour (amazing atmospehre and pretty well paced story), Slent Hill HD collection (Never played either game before and I loved them, Silent Hill 3 is the scariest game I've played) and Condemned: Criminal Origins. (Again amazingly freaky atmospehre.)

Good games but not scary: FEAR, Dead Space 1 and 2.

#24 Posted by Microsoft1234 (7674 posts) -
silent hill hd collection.
#25 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

There isn´t that many on consoles these days,for horror fans the PC is where it´s at.Nanomage

This is true and it keeps getting better and better lately

#26 Posted by themajormayor (25854 posts) -
Yeah siren blood curse
#27 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Yeah siren blood cursethemajormayor

Really wish I played that game when I had a PS3. Looks great and I'm a huge horror fan

#28 Posted by locopatho (20384 posts) -
Condemned is scary. Dead Space is "creepy" but not scary since you are very powerful.
#29 Posted by Slashkice (13241 posts) -

You could play Siren on the PS3 and then...play Siren again? Yeah, there aren't many choices for quality survival horror on the HD twins.

#30 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17513 posts) -

Actually scary: Silent Hill Downpour (amazing atmospehre and pretty well paced story), Slent Hill HD collection (Never played either game before and I loved them, Silent Hill 3 is the scariest game I've played) and Condemned: Criminal Origins. (Again amazingly freaky atmospehre.)

Good games but not scary: FEAR, Dead Space 1 and 2.

turtlethetaffer

OK I have to say AVOID THE HD COLLECTION! It is my understanding that the HD collections actually did alot to ruin the atmosphere of the original games.

I personally still have my old copy of SH2 on the X-Box and I freaking LOVE the game. Even with outdated graphics the game is STILL terrifying.

As for modern horror, the genre just sucks this gen. Honestly have not played nor seen a truelyterrifying game like SH2 or Fatal Frame 2 since last gen....

#31 Posted by Gue1 (10214 posts) -

SIREN: Blood Curse on PS3 is the best horror game I have played this gen after the first Dead Space.

#32 Posted by CKYguy25 (2180 posts) -

i'm hearing a lot of Siren suggestions

#33 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

Siren Blood Curse is an awesome survival horror for the PS3. If you have a PC try Amnesia.kuraimen

Agreed. I still need to finish that game

#34 Posted by princeofshapeir (14277 posts) -
Glover
#35 Posted by Liquid_ (2785 posts) -

Gloverprinceofshapeir

rofl. that game was sick

#36 Posted by Another-World (810 posts) -

If you actually want to get scared, play Amnesia, or Silent Hill 2. If you simply want to kill scary looking monster thingies that jump out and say RAWWR, play what the rest are telling you.

There's also Call of Cthulhu : DCotE.

#37 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nanomage"] You don´t have to buy it,there´s a demo.tagyhag

Amnesia is great. When you into the inventory to watch how your mind is doing I find that I'm experiencing the same effects as the game protagonist lol. Great game but scarily exhausting.
#38 Posted by GhoX (5027 posts) -

Anyone got any good horror game suggestions to play for either X360 or PS3?

CKYguy25
PC.
#39 Posted by Obviously_Right (5101 posts) -

Siren: Blood Curse

Accept no imitations, TC.

#40 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
Dead Space Condemned 1 + 2
#41 Posted by madsnakehhh (14492 posts) -

Wow, this thread is pretty sad...i mean you realice how bad this gen has been in terms of horror games (home consoles of course).

Anyway, aside from Siren i could recomend Silent Hill HD Collection, even if the port was pretty mediocre, the games are still amazing.

For those not interested in Amnesia for PC, you should check Lone Survivor, is a pretty interesting game.

#42 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

Condemned, Amnesia, Anna, Dead Space 1, Silent hill 1,2,3, Home ( Steam game), penumbra, Fatal Frame, Clock tower.

#43 Posted by Mr_Cumberdale (10188 posts) -

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]Yeah siren blood curseseanmcloughlin

Really wish I played that game when I had a PS3. Looks great and I'm a huge horror fan

Yeah, I loved the 1st one on PS2, and I really missed this series now that I moved to the 360. :(
#44 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
1. System Shock 2 2. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth 3. Condemned: Criminal Origins They all unsettle, disturb and horrify without jump scares and blood-coated walls.
#45 Posted by Jankarcop (9629 posts) -

REsident Evil 6

#46 Posted by adamosmaki (9656 posts) -
condemned is the only good one on consoles i can think of. on PC amnesia is pretty great.mems_1224
condemned is a great game but the horror element is thin on this one. On the whole game i was probably was spooked once. Still good game with great eerie atmosphere
#47 Posted by jg4xchamp (48387 posts) -

On the consoles um...Siren was solid.

Condemned 1 is good. Condemned 2 is good until the 2nd half happens.

#48 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

Doom 3 BFG Edition

Condemned

Dead Space

#49 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

On the consoles um...Siren was solid.

Condemned 1 is good. Condemned 2 is good until the 2nd half happens.

jg4xchamp

Condemnded 1 is much better than 2 horror wise

#50 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6565 posts) -

well, Ill just put the wii version of project zero 2 in here aswell (although it is not a game from this gen so to speak).

Sadly this gen hasseen very little Horror games, due to the majority of gamers wanting power trippings, and leathe any sense of not being allpowerful.

So weve seen a ton of genres going away, or being stripped of most depth, in order to appeal this main body -.-

I miss my horror games QQ But this thread had some of the better ones this gen :) I think there are 5-6 true Horror games out this gen, most of the really good ones are from past gens.