God of War - TLOU Edition

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#101 trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Thats what PS4/sony exclusives are. movie cinematic games.

yup, just like dreams, tokyo jungle, gravity rush, oreshika, echochrome, lbp, ratchet and clank, the last guardian, ico, sotc, tearaway, gran turismo, sly cooper, bloodborne, demon souls etc. Whats up with all those movies Sony :O

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@trollhunter2 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

yup, just like dreams, tokyo jungle, gravity rush, oreshika, echochrome, lbp, ratchet and clank, the last guardian, ico, sotc, tearaway, gran turismo, sly cooper, bloodborne, demon souls etc. Whats up with all those movies Sony :O

Well done listing games from more than decade ago and throw away small indie budget title games with no significant risk. Hurray for such a variety while ignoring every Sony AAA game is pretty much your same cinematic third person action title with very similar theme and chasing that Naughty Duds onrails style.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Old Kratos and old Marcus should have a beer together. I thought it was funny that both senial version of themselves debut the same day.

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By trollhunter2

@zeeshanhaider said:
@trollhunter2 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Well done listing games from more than decade ago and throw away small indie budget title games with no significant risk. Hurray for such a variety while ignoring every Sony AAA game is pretty much your same cinematic third person action title with very similar theme and chasing that Naughty Duds onrails style.

gravity rush and ratchet and clank ps4 is more than a decade ago? Dreams is more than a decade ago? LBP3 is more than a decade ago? Bloodborne is more than a decade ago? Sly cooper thieves in time is more than a decade ago? Tearaway(2013, 2015 respectively) is more than a decade ago? Lol peace out Lem, you don't have valid arguments worth a discussion

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#106 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

God of War was always an awesome hack n' slash

Nope, 3 games only one of them is all that good. The rest is a sea of spectacle over satisfying gameplay.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#107 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Dad of Bore.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Just watched the video, very mixed feelings. Game doesn't look horrible, but it does look like a horrible GoW game. Ughhh, why?!?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 zeeshanhaider

@trollhunter2 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@trollhunter2 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

gravity rush and ratchet and clank ps4 is more than a decade ago? Dreams is more than a decade ago? LBP3 is more than a decade ago? Bloodborne is more than a decade ago? Sly cooper thieves in time is more than a decade ago? Tearaway(2013, 2015 respectively) is more than a decade ago? Lol peace out Lem, you don't have valid arguments worth a discussion

Ratchet and Clank is definitely more than a decade old. I remember it being released for PS2 with 60FPS something the 900pStation has trouble with. And like I said all the rest you mentioned were low risk small budget titles. Let's have a look at some of my earlier reply to your fellow cow on diversity.

Famous for no Shadows: Cinematic Third person Action

Out of Order 800: Cinematic Third Person Action

Uncharted 4: Cinematic Third Person Action

Bloodborne: Third Person (though that I give you it's an RPG not really falling into the cinematic galore)

Horizon: Zero Dawn: Third Person Cinematic Action (I know it's marketed as an open world RPG but the gameplay we have seen it's nothing more than a TPS action game ala how Far Cry: Primal was FPS)

Detroit: Cinematic Third Person

God of War: Cinematic Third Person Action

The Last Guardian: Not a shooter but definitely Third person

Naughty Duds next: Cinematic Third Person Action.....lel

LOL So much for variety.....

Add Days Gone to this list with all things Sony going to release in the future. Oh, and don't try to act smart with me, you know you lost the argument when you had to bring games from two generations back to tout variety like SOTC and ICO.

Oh no, I'm not a lem. I'm your worst nightmare because I'm a cow hating hermit that have seen cows pulling all kind of hypocrisy.

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By trollhunter2

@zeeshanhaider said:
@trollhunter2 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@trollhunter2 said:

Ratchet and Clank is definitely more than a decade old. I remember it being released for PS2 with 60FPS something the 900pStation has trouble with. And like I said all the rest you mentioned were low risk small budget titles. Let's have a look at some of my earlier reply to your fellow cow on diversity.

Bloodborne: Third Person (though that I give you it's an RPG not really falling into the cinematic galore)

Horizon: Zero Dawn: Third Person Cinematic Action (I know it's marketed as an open world RPG but the gameplay we have seen it's nothing more than a TPS action game ala how Far Cry: Primal was FPS)

Add Days Gone to this list with all things Sony going to release in the future. Oh, and don't try to act smart with me, you know you lost the argument when you had to bring games from two generations back to tout variety like SOTC and ICO.

Oh no, I'm not a lem. I'm your worst nightmare because I'm a cow hating hermit that have seen cows pulling all kind of hypocrisy.

gravity rush isnt from a decade ago, the ip was born in this generation(same for tearaway, dreams, horizon, alienation, bloodborne etc). Same for ratchet and clank ps4, it isnt from a decade ago. By your laughabale logic, gears of war 4 is the same game from a decade ago. None of those games listed are from more than a decade ago. Your argument is factually wrong, deal with the fact and move on already

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 zeeshanhaider
@trollhunter2 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@trollhunter2 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@trollhunter2 said:

gravity rush isnt from a decade ago, the ip was born in this generation(same for tearaway, dreams, horizon, alienation, bloodborne etc). Same for ratchet and clank ps4, it isnt from a decade ago. By your laughabale logic, gears of war 4 is the same game from a decade ago. None of those games listed are from more than a decade ago. Your argument is factually wrong, deal with the fact and move on already

So, a cow that don't play its own games. Oh well, I knew cows only play onrails cinematic movies hence the push by Sony to convert all the games into similar Third Person cinematic action titles. Check again on your Ratchet and Clank. :D

And, I accept your surrender.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#112 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321:

I've been a huge God of War supporter too. I've played all of the games and owned them all at one point. So I've been dying to see a new one for ps4!

Well this God of War looks too different to be real. Not sure if it's a good thing or not yet but from what I saw, I wasn't really digging it. ? At a time in gaming like now with Devil May Cry destroyed, and hack and slash game population dwindling; this is very unsettling to see. Maybe we'll see the famous battle system later on though and I'm just hoping what we saw wasn't what the speed of the game will be once it's finished.

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 trollhunter2

@zeeshanhaider said:
@trollhunter2 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@trollhunter2 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

So, a cow that don't play its own games. Oh well, I knew cows only play onrails cinematic movies hence the push by Sony to convert all the games into similar Third Person cinematic action titles. Check again on your Ratchet and Clank. :D

yeah cows should buy their games like lemmings did. I heard quantum break, tomb raider were huge sellers btw /s

Why bring up sales now? Smh another poster on ignore

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 zeeshanhaider

@trollhunter2 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@trollhunter2 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@trollhunter2 said:

yeah cows should buy their games like lemmings did. I heard quantum break, tomb raider were huge sellers btw /s

Why bring up sales now? Smh another poster on ignore

Yeah, why bring up sales in a debate on diversity. But I have even bigger question why bring lemmings when they had nothing to do with our conversation. Are you cows so insecure that you can't talk about anything without involving lemmings? I think so.

It must sting right that a person who's anti-cow knows more about your games than you cows hype. :P

Oh and I won't ignore you. I love to unveil you hypocrite cows. And on your goal most move....I accept your surrender. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#115  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Yeah, I feel ya. I love GoW and this new one is nothing like it. Its not because its diferent, but because it looks way slower paced than the previous ones... I dont know man, I've mixed feelings about this... I'll reserve my judgment for now

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#116 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I'm all in for the Norse mythology.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#117 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

This is the first GoW that I might buy. I could never get into the button mashing qte gameplay of the previous ones, or around the unappealing Kratos. I thought this looked great and will keep my eyes on it

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#118 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@babyjoker1221 said:

What's with Sony, and all the babysitter games anyway? TLOU was alright, but why do we need all the God of War, and The Last Guardian babysitter editions?

TLG was announced waaaaay before TLoU and it followed the ICO formula, wich was made by the same developers. So no, it isnt copying TLOU in any way, shape or form

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 VFighter

If we're lucky this might just be the opening of the game, a playable cinematic and after we learn what we need it will go back to a more traditional GoW game, please please please!!!

As for people mentioning Assension and dwindling sales, people weren't tired of GoW, they just didn't want a half ass MP tossed in and a not up to par story mode.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts
@vfighter said:

If we're lucky this might just be the opening of the game, a playable cinematic and after we learn what we need it will go back to a more traditional GoW game

This is kinda what I'm thinking. Like I don't think it will go all the way back to traditional GoW, but it won't be nearly as tame as what they showed once you get into the meat of the game. Something in the middle would be my guess.

-

I'm sure a lot of fans dislike this direction, but I wasn't really a fan of the games to begin with. They excelled in presentation, but were always outclassed by other games in the genre when it comes down to the actual playing it part.

Looks like they're going for something different and I'm all for it. Whether it's going to be good or bad is anybodies guess, but at least they're trying.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#121  Edited By AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

@killered3: Yep was thinking the same thing. I just played Metal Gear Rising and Ninja Gaiden Sigma and now Bayonetta is all that remains for me to play and doesn't look like there will be anything to fill that void if it's not this game. All of the old big 3 hack and slashes could potentially be gone sadly. (NG,DMC, GOW)

Anyways it looks like the blades are gone and the setting has changed ,that would've been more then enough change for me. I think they took it too far though, it'd be like making Halo into a TPS like Gears or something.

I hope that this is just the intro and that it changes into something that more closely resembles older GOWs like others have stated.

Havent been this upset by a game since ME3's ending probably. Let's get a petition going!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Yeah I wasn't really impressed with what they showed... didn't look like God of War to me. Sony is obsessed with these open world-type games... gets boring.

rollermint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 rollermint
Member since 2010 • 632 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

Dad of Bore.

Dad be getting some nordic 3-somes though. In 4k.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#125  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

This sums up my feelings on the new direction of the GoW franchise.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#126  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321: In previous posts over the years, you bashed on GOW games, or at least made it known you liked every other hack and slash action adventure game better (NG, Bayonetta, etc). Don't get me wrong, when it comes to the gameplay mechanics, I like Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, and NG more, but GOW was a combination of those games mixed with an EPIC story and Zelda like adventure.

You also used phrases like overrated, short, and button masher series. I just find it odd that in this thread you posted as if you were some long time friend and fan of the series, because your posts didn't come off as that.

Perhaps you changed your opinion over time, or maybe you are swaying people who read your OP not to remember your previous GOW standings?

----

To answer your question: I'm not sure about this GOW yet since I know so little. It's waaaay too early to tell. We saw a glimpse of the game. I try not to judge a book by it's cover, if you know what I mean. If Cory Barlog is directing it (as I think he is), I think I'll dig it as I trust his judgement and enjoyed his previous games. I was hoping he would come home to Sony Santa Monica and he finally did, so I hope his travels over the years away from Sony serve this new GOW game well.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

Ryse: Son of Kratos

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#128  Edited By Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

People r judging too early. The video game landscape is more demanding of story and himan element these days which is good. Wait for more gameplay. Its crom Cory Barlog, director of 2, it will kick ass. Plus i think GoW needed a little change from the usual fare

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7713 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@sHaDyCuBe321: In previous posts over the years, you bashed on GOW games, or at least made it known you liked every other hack and slash action adventure game better (NG, Bayonetta, etc). Don't get me wrong, when it comes to the gameplay mechanics, I like Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, and NG more, but GOW was a combination of those games mixed with an EPIC story and Zelda like adventure.

You also used phrases like overrated, short, and button masher series. I just find it odd that in this thread you posted as if you were some long time friend and fan of the series, because your posts didn't come off as that.

Perhaps you changed your opinion over time, or maybe you are swaying people who read your OP not to remember your previous GOW standings?

We must have played different GoW series

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Do you agree or disagree with what they did to God of War?

• No hit counter
  • Over the shoulder angle
  • Experience points
  • Ellie style son companion for at least some portion of the game
  • Cinematic style (not that GoW didn't have those cinematic moments, but the one that was shown was garbage compared to, say, Poseidon in GoW 3).

I'm actually really not happy with this. God of War was always an awesome hack n' slash and I was really looking forward to what Santa Monica would be capable of using the PS4.

It looks beautiful, don't get me wrong, but this is NOT what God of War is.

God of War had to evolve, simple as that. This is the best direction it could have taken.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#131  Edited By Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

3 Was good but not great. I'm burned out on my first god of war and won't buy another especially as Nier and scaleboind will be awesome.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18802 Posts

@vfighter: "but it does look like a horrible GoW game. Ughhh, why?!?"

Can I argue that Sony/Santa Monica could call this a new IP instead?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 VFighter

@PSP107: If it was called something other then GoW I'd e fine with the game. This just isn't a GoW game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#134 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59108 Posts

Kratos always came across as abit of a dick head, which I guess is representative of most gamers. On the other rant, it's unrepentant bloody thirsty boob tits would make Robert E Howard proud.

Overall, this looks interesting - but possibly the wrong type of game to use that sort of pixels = emotion

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18802 Posts

@vfighter:

Yea they bogus. And the kid is a lame too.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@zeeshanhaider said:
@bobrossperm said:

Ryse 2. The combat actually looked good though.

Funny you say that because Cory Barlog was making fun of Ryse back in the day, or at least that's how it sounded to me, for trying to rip GoW.

Lol really? Didn't know that. But I never found Ryse to be anything like GoW, until now lol.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#137 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Coming from the guy with a movie/cinematic in his avatar. Seems you'll like those then.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 zeeshanhaider

@bobrossperm said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@bobrossperm said:

Ryse 2. The combat actually looked good though.

Funny you say that because Cory Barlog was making fun of Ryse back in the day, or at least that's how it sounded to me, for trying to rip GoW.

Lol really? Didn't know that. But I never found Ryse to be anything like GoW, until now lol.

I don't know why you say that. I always thought it was pretty evident that with the gory cinematic kills they are going after the GoW audience and it was nothing more than a cheap knockoff of GoW without mythology.

See Cory's tweet:

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

God of Ryse