God of War - TLOU Edition

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#51 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

I'm ready for this GOW!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#52 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69904 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@Pedro said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

I liked it....didn't like Kratos voice though lol

Because the monkeys are using the same voice actor and it simply doesn't match the character.

Whats up with lems and racism man...

Wow. I didn't know all of this nonsense spurred from my comment. Firstly, keep the lem association to yourself. Secondly the monkeys I am referring to are the devs not the actor. What race these monkeys are of no relevance to my point. Thirdly the point still stands that voice acting simply does not match the character design. It doesn't matter who it is it doesn't match.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Zassimick said:

Absolutely it feels like The Last of Us.

For me, that's not necessarily a bad thing. But Sony sure is working on having all of their games feel similar: cinematic third-person, over the shoulder, wrench control away from you during an intense moment.

It works for Naughty Dog. I see it working for God of War since it has always been cinematic and this just seems like a natural evolution. But any more games than this and it's starting to feel like this is all they have to make a blockbuster game (which is certainly not true. Hyperbole here? Yes, but my point stands.)

it certainly feels like The Last of Us though, down to the art direction too. This is one of my favorite showings of E3 though, so eh.

I don't get the comparison to The Last of Us. Are you saying cinematic = The Last of Us? God of War doesn't have guns, zombies, cover shooter mechanics etc. I would say the new God of War looks a lot more like Dark Souls than The Last of Us. The combat is slowed down, very deliberate windup in attacks from Kratos and enemies allowing dodge and counter attacks. So there is a story and a companion NPC (as far as the trailer showed). How does that automatically make it a TLOU type game. Because none of the game play looked like TLOU to me.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

That was probably just the intro to the game. It would make sense that Kratos starts off with another family, they die, and he goes berserk. I like the idea of experience points for upgrades. The hit counter might come when the main game kicks in, after he gets his first proper (non ax) chain weapon or something. I wouldn't expect the kid to be in much of the game except for the start where they teach you to play.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Ryse 2. The combat actually looked good though.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50597 Posts

Game looks damn awesome. I'm glad for the change.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Chutebox  Online

Oh Lord, people are bitching about the change. Fucking hell, people whine about anything.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

Nobody's played the game and everyone is complaining.

Facepalm.jpg

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#59 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321: Agree whole heartedly. Seems like they all want to go into ND's strength and it's weak shat. The combat was ass, the weapon shown to us in it's first reveal was a simply dwarf axe? The boy? I was rooting for the troll. They better fix this garbage.

Avatar image for quakeknight1991
quakeknight1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 quakeknight1991
Member since 2006 • 1528 Posts

Yeah, its a damn shame. It looks like it turned into another of those garbage interactive movies.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 cainetao11

@NathanDrakeSwag: Nobody is saying they should have made another same as the previous ones. I'm saying take axe, chop thigh, roll back and avoid attack is how I beat rock/earth trolls in Fable 1 over ten years ago. This looked uninspired and melodramatic shat. I am a huge Gow fan and this broke my heart. People in my college classes are like "wtf were they thinking?"

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#62 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

@Chutebox: Sad part is they still would've complain if they hadn't changed anything.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Chutebox  Online

@Kruiz_Bathory said:

@Chutebox: Sad part is they still would've complain if they hadn't changed anything.

Gaming community is easily one of the worst I've seen.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Hope they have a deluxe CE ready for purchase. Day 1 baby..awwww yeahhhh

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

@Chutebox said:
@Kruiz_Bathory said:

I don't mind changes as long as it's too alienating. Gaming community doesn't know what it wants half the time.

Lilseb93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Lilseb93
Member since 2015 • 392 Posts

I need to see more gameplay before I judge the combat. That was probably just the beginning of the game.

I loved everything else. The series got really stale so they needed to go in a different direction. Kratos isn't that good of a character so it will be nice for him to have actual depth. I love games with great stories. And I'm sure they are still going to have big cinematic moments and cool looking enemies.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Pedro  Online

@samfisher56 said:

Facepalm.jpg

Here is the funny thing about being a gamer. You can tell whether or not a game is good by simply watching a video of the game. I know its amazing that gamers can do things like that, I am sorry you don't have that ability.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Kruiz_Bathory

@lilseb93: I liked the part where he was hesitant about padding his son's back.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts
@Chutebox said:
@Kruiz_Bathory said:

People just wanted better graphics, new storyline, new bosses.

We didn't want this over the shoulder crap that sony is giving us.

LOOK at Zelda 1, ---> link to the past better graphics different story, more bosses.

What would have been wrong with that? I don't like this view of kratos like this and as a gamer i have right to complain i didnt like zelda 2 either.

Slashkice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Slashkice
Member since 2007 • 14192 Posts

So is calling everything a clone of TLOU a thing now? I mean, yeah, a game of its pedigree is obviously going to have influence in the industry, but games are allowed to have children, forests, and cinematic chops while still doing its own thing.

In regards to GoW, Ascension proved the series needed a shake-up - a dramatic one. Shit was getting stale.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

It's like people on the web only can complain. Had they kept the same style of game, the complaint would have been "Eh, just more of the same GoW, just with a new engine... again. Yawn. Big evil corporations and their repetitive sequels". So, they changed the formula and now we get this complaint...

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Sony are just catering to their current fans so that's why they made Kratos soft, emotional, slow and grumpy.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#73 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

I don't get the comparison to The Last of Us. Are you saying cinematic = The Last of Us? God of War doesn't have guns, zombies, cover shooter mechanics etc. I would say the new God of War looks a lot more like Dark Souls than The Last of Us. The combat is slowed down, very deliberate windup in attacks from Kratos and enemies allowing dodge and counter attacks. So there is a story and a companion NPC (as far as the trailer showed). How does that automatically make it a TLOU type game. Because none of the game play looked like TLOU to me.

Of course if you're looking at the combat it doesn't look anything like The Last of Us. They are completely different games in that respect. I will say that the gameplay reminded me of a Dark Souls game more than old God of War; whatever it is, it's leaving me excited.

No, I'm speaking towards other things. I'm certainly not saying cinematic = The Last of Us; that would be a rather dumb thing to say. What I'm saying is that it's approach to storytelling feels very much like The Last of Us. Over the shoulder third person, action cutting into gameplay, walking through the environment with a child, etc. And yes, other games do this all the time, but it's the execution that struck me and instantly made me connect it to The Last of Us.

The art direction was also one of the things I've mentioned, and it reminded me of The Last of Us, but maybe that's more the engine or assets being used. I dunno, I'm not a game designer, and many people could disagree, but to me it looks similar to The Last of Us.

Whether or not you see it, I'm not trying to persuade anyone. And, while not trying to stifle discussion, I don't think anyone could persuade me otherwise. When I saw that gameplay debut of God of War, my immediate thought was The Last of Us, for better or worse, and that's something that discussion wouldn't change for me. And I'm not saying the finished product will feel like a rehashed The Last of Us with God of War gameplay or whatever.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Chutebox  Online

@gago-gago said:

Sony are just catering to their current fans so that's why they made Kratos soft, emotional, slow and grumpy.

Soft and emotional? Did you even watch the trailer or are you just trolling?

He's also been grumpy and he's not really slow. I mean, it looks a little slower than previous games, but those previous games have grown stale.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18801 Posts

@Kruiz_Bathory: @Chutebox: "Gaming community is easily one of the worst I've seen."

What the difference between you complaining about your Redskins vs someone complaining about a videogame series?

Last I checked, these are videogame(or sports) forums in which you are allowed to give opinions on subjects. Did the rule suddenly change?

If anybody is complaining, it's you guys complaining about other's people supposedly complaining.

Anyway, as a GOW fan, I'm not liking this new direction either.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts

The game looks and feels very different from a God Of War game. I like change but not that much.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Chutebox  Online

@PSP107 said:

@Kruiz_Bathory: @Chutebox: "Gaming community is easily one of the worst I've seen."

What the difference between you complaining about your Redskins vs someone complaining about a videogame series?

Last I checked, these are videogame(or sports) forums in which you are allowed to give opinions on subjects. Did the rule suddenly change?

If anybody is complaining, it's you guys complaining about other's people supposedly complaining.

Anyway, as a GOW fan, I'm not liking this new direction either.

Is that a serious question?

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#78 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Meh it looks nice but I wasn't impressed with the gameplay.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Do you agree or disagree with what they did to God of War?

• No hit counter
  • Over the shoulder angle
  • Experience points
  • Ellie style son companion for at least some portion of the game
  • Cinematic style (not that GoW didn't have those cinematic moments, but the one that was shown was garbage compared to, say, Poseidon in GoW 3).

I'm actually really not happy with this. God of War was always an awesome hack n' slash and I was really looking forward to what Santa Monica would be capable of using the PS4.

It looks beautiful, don't get me wrong, but this is NOT what God of War is.

I agree, It's not god of war. Not what i was expecting at all. I feel like Sony just ruined one of my favorite franchises.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 PSP107

@Chutebox:

lol, why I'm not surprised.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

and there would have been a thread bitching to high hell if they did not make any changes.

Haters gonna hate.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 cainetao11

@bobrossperm: Ryse 2. The combat actually looked good though"

Wow I'm not seeing it. All I saw was how I fought trolls in fable 1. Use sword, chop, when troll goes to pound roll out of range, roll back in and repeat. This was the weakest part of Sony conference and broke my god of war heart. What shyte

LastGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By LastGame
Member since 2016 • 9 Posts

I agree, It's like the winter part in Last of us, this game inspires the industry, and it's normal to find some similarities.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By samfisher56

@Pedro said:
@samfisher56 said:

Facepalm.jpg

Here is the funny thing about being a gamer. You can tell whether or not a game is good by simply watching a video of the game. I know its amazing that gamers can do things like that, I am sorry you don't have that ability.

So who's saying that the game looks bad? You? And why should your opinion be relevant in that case?

I personally think it looks awesome and I am loving all the changes because the series needed a fresh start. If you are one of those gamers that enjoy rehash after rehash, then I am happy for you.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 PSP107

@samfisher56: " If you are one of those gamers that enjoy rehash after rehash, then I am happy for you."

What a flawed comment.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@samfisher56 said:
@Pedro said:
@samfisher56 said:

Facepalm.jpg

So who's saying that the game looks bad? You? And why should your opinion be relevant in that case?

I personally think it looks awesome and I am loving all the changes because the series needed a fresh start. If you are one of those gamers that enjoy rehash after rehash, then I am happy for you.

Because his opinions is "fact", lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Pedro  Online

@samfisher56 said:

Why the hell should yours be relevant in that case? You personally think it looks awesome. I personally think it looks terrible. It heavily cinematic, very slow paced and the camera is simply to tight. Not all change is good, unless that is going to be your running counter argument. There are ways in which they could of refresh the game but making it a Ryse/Gears of War/ Last of Us not the way to go.

Disclaimer for the idiots out there, this is OBVIOUSLY my opinion.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20132 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

and there would have been a thread bitching to high hell if they did not make any changes.

this. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I liked it. Kratos is obviously older and slower. It would be weird to see him be super athletic and agile like the previous games, so it makes sense.

I'm guessing this is where Kratos starts to become human again.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By samfisher56

@Pedro:

@Pedro said:
@samfisher56 said:

Why the hell should yours be relevant in that case? You personally think it looks awesome. I personally think it looks terrible. It heavily cinematic, very slow paced and the camera is simply to tight. Not all change is good, unless that is going to be your running counter argument. There are ways in which they could of refresh the game but making it a Ryse/Gears of War/ Last of Us not the way to go.

Disclaimer for the idiots out there, this is OBVIOUSLY my opinion.

I haven't played Ryse. It looks nothing like Gears and it only resembles Last of Us in terms of story which is a good thing in my opinion. I generally like story driven games(and God of War has always been story-heavy) so I like the direction.

I respect your opinion. We still haven't seen enough of the gameplay or the story to draw conclusions. But graphics are amazing.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

I'll be honest I dont know how I feel about this game yet.

The gameplay is my highest concern right now.... Its not hack & slack, its a odd over the shoulder style. And Im trying to figure out the combat, its it a like the Witcher, and the weapons, cuz all he has is that Axe that look really limited and not all that fun.

And whats the deal with the son.... is he gonna be with you the whole game and you are just teaching things and constantly saving him? that doesnt sound appealing.

I which they would have showed something else that better presents and explains the game than this Gameplay.

Is this even Kratos? I said before it didnt make any sense to have Kratos as the main character for another universe. He doesnt really look like Kratos, but has the tattoos. Why does he have the tattoos?

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#91  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Here is what I hope they do to improve God of War

-Keep Kratos as an actual person like they showed in the demo instead of a raging idiot

-keep the tamer, more functional gore that they had in the demo. It was really stupid how drawn out it got in God of War 3. It worked against the bad ass image of Kratos heavily IMO.

-Actually change the ultra dated structure of the franchise. These games work on an NES mentality of point A to point B without an ounce of replayability. It needs to have selectable chapters with a point system or an open world structure akin to Darksiders. Otherwise it's far too restrictive.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Pedro  Online

@samfisher56 said:

@Pedro:

I haven't played Ryse. It looks nothing like Gears and it only resembles Last of Us in terms of story which is a good thing in my opinion. I generally like story driven games(and God of War has always been story-heavy) so I like the direction.

I respect your opinion. We still haven't seen enough of the gameplay or the story to draw conclusions. But graphics are amazing.

The graphics in the most games are amazing and this is no exception. I have really been burnt out of the controlled gameplay. You should check out the new Zelda vid, you might find it very interesting.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Yeah, I agree I have mixed feelings towards new GoW. I liked that they have finally moved from the fixed camera which was definitely due to system's limitations but I also miss the fast paced action and that minute to minute gameplay with blades. Also the epic gory kills or finishing moves weren't there.

@Zassimick said:

Absolutely it feels like The Last of Us.

For me, that's not necessarily a bad thing. But Sony sure is working on having all of their games feel similar: cinematic third-person, over the shoulder, wrench control away from you during an intense moment.

It works for Naughty Dog. I see it working for God of War since it has always been cinematic and this just seems like a natural evolution. But any more games than this and it's starting to feel like this is all they have to make a blockbuster game (which is certainly not true. Hyperbole here? Yes, but my point stands.)

it certainly feels like The Last of Us though, down to the art direction too. This is one of my favorite showings of E3 though, so eh.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@bobrossperm said:

Ryse 2. The combat actually looked good though.

Funny you say that because Cory Barlog was making fun of Ryse back in the day, or at least that's how it sounded to me, for trying to rip GoW.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#95 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@Pedro said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

I liked it....didn't like Kratos voice though lol

Because the monkeys are using the same voice actor and it simply doesn't match the character.

Whats up with lems and racism man...

Ignorance and racism often go hand in hand.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 cainetao11

@sts106mat said:
@lundy86_4 said:

@sts106mat: It's literally because @cainetao11 made a supposedly racist remark (it wasn't).

lol, FFS cainetao a racist? haha what a joke.

I'm a hate monger!!!!!! LOL

pearlboy601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#97 pearlboy601
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

They could have kept everything the same and made another mindless hack n slash rehash and have everyone forgetting it exists like Gears 4. They needed to shake things up to continue the series. The old formula was played out by Ascension.

So God of War 1-3 were mindless hack n' slash's is what you're saying? Clearly you've never played on God, Titan or Chaos mode.

-God of War 1

-1000 Kratos part

-God Mode

Made my *** quit. To this day, I've only ever beaten God of War 1 once (on normal). Beaten 2 & 3 multiple times on the hardest modes

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Kruiz_Bathory

@pearlboy601: I just need to beat the game in under 5hrs to get the plat. And that was 7 years ago.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17844 Posts

i liked it. a bit of a different approach for GOW which is no harm. it had more of a souls edition that TLOU edition imho.

one thing that is starting to grate with sony though is that all developers seem to be under the following order: "GO FOR THE FEELS!!". even the music in all their games seems to be merging into one drone of "GO FOR THE FEELS!!". c'mon sony..the world is not that bad. i mean its pretty bad...but not that bad :P.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ten_pints: God of War fans wanted a real gow game.