Give the Wii credit........at least it's gimmick is clever

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for IronMaidenLives
IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 IronMaidenLives
Member since 2007 • 703 Posts
And go ahead and punch up that other thread. I gave a response and I don't think you saw it.
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts
[QUOTE="iunderstand"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"][QUOTE="iunderstand"]

It's cheap as in it's an easy way to annoy many users and inciting a long and pointless flame thread. You could have gone about this issue in a moreeffective manner byincluding some sort of evidence that the console is losing hype and it's sales are slowing down as opposed to saying that it's a gimmick andwill die when GTA 4 and Halo 3 come out.

IronMaidenLives

You have much knowledge about message board behavior.

That's cool, I guess.

You shouldn't comment on another person's social status when you are starting a thread about the Wii being a gimmickon a forum called System Wars.

But whatever, if this is how you pick up the ladies I'll let you be.

You shouldn't tell others what they should or shouldn't do.

If you can't take the heat, stay out of my topic.

I never told you what you should or shouldn't do. I said what you are doing is trolling and does not contribute to any sort of civilized discussion.

Take it for what it is.

IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 IronMaidenLives
[QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]

Besides, believing me or not does not affect me in either direction. I know what I own and how I feel about it.

If you don't like my opinion, that's cool. Fanboyism is hard thing to deal with.

Hockey_Slayer

Yea you should know alot on that topic. :roll:

And if you knew me, you would know I am far from a fanboy.

Oh, I got it.

You know me well enough to call me a fakeboy.

But I don't know you well enough to call you a fanboy.

Another one who can't take the heat. I see now.

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 emawk
Member since 2004 • 1820 Posts

We all know that clever gimmicks usually work out for the comapny, even though it is for a short period of time. So you have to give Nintendo credit for the Wii. They knew selling the Wii with just a standard controller wouldn't sell half of the units it has because the games sure aren't.

So enjoy it while you can because when GTA 4 and Halo 3 are released.....

IT'S OVAH!

IronMaidenLives

Just a few months ago, you were debating with me on why the Wii wasn't a gimmick. What made you change your mind?

IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 IronMaidenLives

"You shouldn't comment on another person's social status when you are starting a thread about the Wii being a gimmickon a forum called System Wars."

"I never told you what you should or shouldn't do. I said what you are doing is trolling and does not contribute to any sort of civilized discussion."

.....Something seem odd here.

iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 iunderstand

And go ahead and punch up that other thread. I gave a response and I don't think you saw it.IronMaidenLives

No, I saw it. I just didn't want to continue on with an argument that has absolutely nothing to do with... anything.

The only point I've been trying to make, is that you are getting upset that people are "fanboys" and not accepting your "opinion" but you give noreal evidence and go about it in a trolling mocking manner. People are willing to contribute to discussion about a platform they like even if it is negative, that is if you go about it in a mature manner.

IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 IronMaidenLives

We all know that clever gimmicks usually work out for the comapny, even though it is for a short period of time. So you have to give Nintendo credit for the Wii. They knew selling the Wii with just a standard controller wouldn't sell half of the units it has because the games sure aren't.

IT'S OVAH!

emawk

Just a few months ago, you were debating with me on why the Wii wasn't a gimmick. What made you changed your mind?

The fact I haven't played it in over 2 months. Nothing about it appeals to me anymore. Call me disappointed.

rey06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 rey06
Member since 2006 • 2699 Posts
wow thats a nice reason to say the wii is a gimmick, trolling much!
IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 IronMaidenLives

[QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]And go ahead and punch up that other thread. I gave a response and I don't think you saw it.iunderstand

No, I saw it. I just didn't want to continue on with an argument that has absolutely nothing to do with... anything.

The only point I've been trying to make, is that you are getting upset that people are "fanboys" and not accepting your "opinion" but you give noreal evidence and go about it in a trolling mocking manner. People are willing to contribute to discussion about a platform they like even if it is negative, that is if you go about it in a mature manner.

I'm not upset.

But keep lecturing, I've already canned you on a couple of contradictions as it is.

iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 iunderstand

"You shouldn't comment on another person's social status when you are starting a thread about the Wii being a gimmickon a forum called System Wars."

"I never told you what you should or shouldn't do. I said what you are doing is trolling and does not contribute to any sort of civilized discussion."

IronMaidenLives

You know exactly what I meant by that second statement. Like the other thread, there is really no point in arguing this. I've said what I've said and if you want to take waht I've said out context just to justify your actions then go ahead.

IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 IronMaidenLives

iunderstand

You know exactly what I meant by that second statement. Like the other thread, there is really no point in arguing this. I've said what I've said and if you want to take waht I've said out context just to justify your actions then go ahead.

How about giving reasons why you do/don't think the Wii is a gimmick?

Nah, instead of contributing to the actual subject, you keep lecturing message board ethics full of ego-serving statements and contradictions.

iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 iunderstand
[QUOTE="iunderstand"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]

IronMaidenLives

Nah, instead of contributing to the actual subject, you keep lecturing message board ethics full of ego-serving statements and contradictions.

Okay, I told myself I wasn't going to post again but you are continually forcing me to carry on this stupid argument. :(

My point is, if you want a healthy debate on whether or not the Wii is infact a gimmick give evidence to show that the Wii slowing down in popularity and sales instead of going about it in a mocking trollingmanner.

That's why I'm not contributing to the "discussion", because there is none. And since this is pretty much flamebait I think I've flamed my fair share. :)

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
Yes, the Wiimote is a gimmick, is that suppose to be a bad thing?
OpiateE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 OpiateE
Member since 2005 • 319 Posts

Yes, the Wiimote is a gimmick, is that suppose to be a bad thing?Eponique

only if you bought it.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

[QUOTE="Eponique"]Yes, the Wiimote is a gimmick, is that suppose to be a bad thing?OpiateE

only if you bought it.

:| How exactly?

IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 IronMaidenLives
[QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"][QUOTE="iunderstand"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]

iunderstand

Okay, I told myself I wasn't going to post again but you are continually forcing me to carry on this stupid argument. :(

My point is, if you want a healthy debate on whether or not the Wii is infact a gimmick give evidence to show that the Wii slowing down in popularity and sales instead of going about it in a mocking trollingmanner.

That's why I'm not contributing to the "discussion", because there is none. And since this is pretty much flamebait I think I've flamed my fair share. :)

Why would I try to give such evidence? I'm claiming the gimmick is what makes the Wii sell. Not slow sales down.

Get with it, here.

IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 IronMaidenLives

And I'm not forcing you to do anything.

Don't blame me for your personal decisions.

iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 iunderstand

Why would I try to give such evidence? I'm claiming the gimmick is what makes the Wii sell. Not slow sales down.

Get with it, here.

IronMaidenLives

Because the only points you've given that were debatable was that Halo 3 and GTA 4 would kill the Wii's sales. That is just wishful thinking. ;)

Anyways, I think we've argued over nothing for long enough.

*shakes hand begrudgingly*

Also, you might wanna ask a friend for a ride to work. I cut your brake cables.

freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 freeload
Member since 2003 • 8139 Posts

IT'S OVAH!

IronMaidenLives

I seriously think Wii is unstoppable now. It just has too much momentum imo...

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#70 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
[QUOTE="iunderstand"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]

IronMaidenLives

okay, I just got here so I'll give it a shot. I will agree with you that in many games, the wiimote is used as a gimmick. In TP for instance, the motion sensing is tacked on and doesn't measure to conventional controls (the pointer proves excellent, especially for arrows, but whatever fine). Your problem is that you think that this is how the wii will be forever.

Would you consider the ds's touch screen a gimmick? Lots of people here thought so and that the psp would crush it easily once the novelty wore off. What happened was that the ds caught its second wind. Devs started to make games that were built around the touch screen rather than trying to build the touch screen around the games. The result was that the ds no longer had gimmicky controls, because the games didn't usethem in a gimmicky way. As for the wii, you yourself admit that Trauma Center and RE4 are not gimmicky uses of the wiimote, and for the record neither do monkey ball, warioware, or wiisports (among others). So dont you think the wii could become like the ds? Aren't the similarities not just appearance, but also the logical conclusion for the wii as well?