Gaming is dying

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

First Microsoft did disastrous now sony were even worse. I am contemplating quitting gaming I dont like its current state. Id rather play old games or do something else with my life. These people dont care about our passion so why shoudl we care about what they have to offer?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58996 Posts

Bannerlord looks gud though.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#3  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

e3 is dying

except devolver

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@samfisher56 said:

First Microsoft did disastrous now sony were even worse. I am contemplating quitting gaming I dont like its current state. Id rather play old games or do something else with my life. These people dont care about our passion so why shoudl we care about what they have to offer?

Judging from your name you were disappointed there wasn't a Splinter Cell game announced, I would love a new SC game too, no need for the over dramatics lol.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46324 Posts

Loved this E3

So many games I love are making a return, getting a sequel and I got a bunch of interesting new games.

Age of Empires, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty, Metro, The Evil Within, Dishonored, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Griftlands, The Last Night, Cuphead, Days Gone, Shadow of The Colossus, Ori, Super Lucky's Tale, The Crew 2, ...

How am I supposed to play all of that ?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34618 Posts

LOL

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#9 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Its true... gaming is sucking more and more but it wont die since most gamers are casuals and will buy Fifa 26 even though it barely improved over the crap 18.

From this years E3 the only thing i liked is Shadow of the Colossus remake, which is a beast game from a better era and The Evil Within 2 since the first one was ok but its made by the guy who created the legendary RE4 and Vanquish! I give a little credit to the Horizon DLC too since Horizon is a good game.

New games are garbage. The femenist Uncharted Expansion with the overused Uncharted formula looks so boring.. Dad of War the movie with scripted gameplay and fixed camera. Why they make games? Make movies instead. Make femenist movies lmao this generation.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24926 Posts

Metro exodus disagree.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#11 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

You say "do something else with my life" as if playing video games is all you do. Get some help dude. Its a hobby. If it isn't fun anymore, find a new hobby. WTF?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cainetao11

@R4gn4r0k said:

Loved this E3

So many games I love are making a return, getting a sequel and I got a bunch of interesting new games.

Age of Empires, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty, Metro, The Evil Within, Dishonored, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Griftlands, The Last Night, Cuphead, Days Gone, Shadow of The Colossus, Ori, Super Lucky's Tale, The Crew 2, ...

Look at where you are, man!! Stop making sense!!

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

You say "do something else with my life" as if playing video games is all you do. Get some help dude. Its a hobby. If it isn't fun anymore, find a new hobby. WTF?

But it's much more fun when you can just...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k

@cainetao11 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Loved this E3

Look at where you are, man!! Stop making sense!!

Sorry man, I forgot to list half of the games I am excited for because there are just too many ^^

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cainetao11

@ConanTheStoner said:
@cainetao11 said:

But it's much more fun when you can just...

I can barely type

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 samfisher56

@i_p_daily said:
@samfisher56 said:

Judging from your name you were disappointed there wasn't a Splinter Cell game announced, I would love a new SC game too, no need for the over dramatics lol.

Yeah i would love a new splinter cell

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cainetao11

@R4gn4r0k: LOL I watched the conferences chatting with getyeryaysout and Heil last night. We all have no shortage of games we want to buy. WTF are people crying about?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Take up knitting, maybe?

Sorry. That's all I got.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By samfisher56

@metalslimenite: new crash ff7 remake release date for kingdom hearts 3 sucker punch new game and every year im hoping for half life3

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k

@cainetao11 said:

@R4gn4r0k: LOL I watched the conferences chatting with getyeryaysout and Heil last night. We all have no shortage of games we want to buy. WTF are people crying about?

Ultra scepticism/ Ultra cynicism ?

I dunno, maybe people just browse over every unique looking game and go: 'Bu bu bu it's all huge blockbuster games'

It's quite a shame if you don't offer a chance to new experiences, you limit yourself :P

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

Bye bye

legendofsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 legendofsense
Member since 2013 • 320 Posts

Yeah do something else with your life. Gaming is just a hobby for me so I could care less.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cainetao11

@R4gn4r0k said:
@cainetao11 said:

Ultra scepticism/ Ultra cynicism ?

I dunno, maybe people just browse over every unique looking game and go: 'Bu bu bu it's all huge blockbuster games'

It's quite a shame if you don't offer a chance to new experiences, you limit yourself :P

I admit I was like this in 2012-2013. But I listened to TheEroica, getyeryaysout, Heil68 among others and realized some of my favorite and most challenging (Slain and Volgaar) games this gen have been $20 or less.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Gaming isn't dying. But this certainly was an off-year, as far as E3 showings go.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@cainetao11 said:

I admit I was like this in 2012-2013. But I listened to TheEroica, getyeryaysout, Heil68 among others and realized some of my favorite and most challenging (Slain and Volgaar) games this gen have been $20 or less.

Yeah it's kinda hard to figure out if a game will be any good without hype trailers blasting in your face and million dollar marketing budgets...

But on the other hand it's also fun researching games and figuring out what your tastes in games exactly are. And by giving unknown games and developers a change you can really find some special ones !

Some of my favourite games this and last gen have been indie games and new IP. Sure I like the big AAA games as well, but they can feel stale at times, even boring.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

I only own 3 games on my PS4. I don't own any other new console. I rarely buy 2 or more games on PC a year... So yeah, gaming as a whole... Pretty much sucks any more. At least Sony is trying... MS on the other hand, gave up long ago when they pretty much killed off all the Dev's it bought up.

PC has so many meh games. Steam is flooded with crap. It's still the best place to play mutliplats though.

Gaming for me has been dying for years now.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Get real mate.

There were a lot of great games shown off this E3.

Just because there weren't any huge Surprises doesn't mean gaming is dead.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Loved this E3

This, it was amazing, my wallet is already screaming.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@samfisher56: lol playing old games, get an Xbox One has BC for 360 and soon OG Xbox, you'll never need to play a new game again ?

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Before you go... grab a bbq pit and roast some well done steaks. Join me in a Monster hunt... it's a wild World out there, you won't be disappointed.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@samfisher56 said:

So quit gaming. No one f*cking cares if you do or not.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Quit, no one is gonna miss you gaming.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Next year the PS5 will be unveiled and everything will be right at E3 again.

There have been a handful of exciting games announced this year, no "megatons" is all.

Also you bring up old gaming- I tend to say older games are better, and Nintendo might be announcing the SNES Classic today so you can look forward to that :)

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@KillzoneSnake: dude don't call it feminist uncharted. It's perfectly ok to play as a girl sometimes

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

This E3 isn't the greatest so far but other years have been worse. I'm not disappointed in the lack of games I'm pist off about about game companies extorting us with content.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Sony's conference was a bust, the rest was good. PC and Microsoft were pretty exciting to watch.

Too many open world and zombie games still though.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#40 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

@Celsius765 said:

@KillzoneSnake: dude don't call it feminist uncharted. It's perfectly ok to play as a girl sometimes

Open your eyes. Lost Legacy has not 1 but 2 female leads, while TLoU 2 has a gay female lead. I have no problem with playing as a female, Horizon for example. Naughty Dog are pushing it too much, if you dont think so watch interview of ND guy talking to Guerrilla boss. ND are forcing it like some movies and games we see nowadays. Their games are boring now so no loss.

NeonicTrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NeonicTrash
Member since 2010 • 549 Posts

I've seen more than just the OP posting about how this E3 has made them want to quit gaming.

I just don't understand this perception at all.

Do you not have any sort of gaming backlog that your entirely reliant on each and every E3 supplying you with 100% of what you'll be playing weeks/months from now? I always have a backlog as I know most other serious gamers do who are interested in a lot of games but have limited playing time.

E3 is not the end all be all of everything that's going on in the industry. Plenty of games I think are cool don't get shown or mentioned on a stage show, or you have to dig through gaming sites and youtube to find their new footage or gameplay that was shown at E3. And there will be other announcements of things throughout this year.

I think gaming going to 4k is awesome. We continue to see an absolute renaissance of innovative indie games, some of them made by just 1 person. We're getting more games overall than ever before, and the best looking and largest games ever made.

As someone who was out of console gaming for a long time (not because of disinterest), and who by the end of this year plans to have an X1X and PS4 Pro sitting underneath my giant 4k TV, 100+ games on my X1 most of which I've yet to complete, and an ever growing list of games I want to try or buy...to me this is a great time for gaming. I grew up with the Sega Genesis and I think this era is amazing. I think some people who never left gaming like me are just really spoiled or jaded...I just don't see how you can't appreciate all the hardware and gaming options out there now and how far gaming has come.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#42 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

lolol these gaming is dying threads are hilarious.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44210 Posts

Speak for yourself, I'm having an awesome time being a gamer.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

take a break

go for a walk

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#45  Edited By nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

This again.*sigh*

E3 had so many games I'm hyped for like Spidey,God of War,griftlands,Tunic,Wolfenstein,the last night,SOC remake,marvel v capcom infinite,Monster Hunter World,sea of theives,anthem,shadow of war,South Park,cuphead,age of empires,AC origins,battletech,cod ww2,Lost legacy,far cry 5,life is strange,battlefront 2,a way out,warhammer 2,vampyr and more....yeah, gaming is definitely not dying lol

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@KillzoneSnake: How is it pushing it well over 90(probably more like 98%)percent of game protagonists are white straight males. I think you're just too used to being over catered to.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#47  Edited By deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

@samfisher56 said:

Only now you say this? I haven't even gone current gen yet, that's how bad I see the gaming industry. This E3 did nothing to make want to get a ps4 or xbox one and I doubt nintendo will change my mind. At one time I was spending more time reading about gaming than playing games, now I barely do both.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8420 Posts

Gamers are some of the most bipolar people out there.

First we was liek "2017 is the best year in gaming!!1"

And now it's like "oh noooooooo gaming is dead did y see E3??"

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

I'm losing interest in most Western games. I love Rockstar, Naughty Dog and a few other devs but the Western side of gaming is mostly shit this gen. Japanese devs are what's really keeping me interesting in gaming right now. They've released a lot of good stuff this year.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50  Edited By Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

#

@samfisher56 said:

Dude, calm down before you have an aneurism lol. There are so many good games out right now we should be fine until next E3. You sound like a kid who flipped out on his birthday because he didn't get that 1 gift who also fails to realize he has all these other gifts lmao