Games with Gold comes to Xbone in June.

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Would you be able to queue games for Xbox one with active gold membership even if you don't have the machine yet?

tweet the spence. Never thought about that.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

This is hilarious. Looking forward to the next 180.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Would you be able to queue games for Xbox one with active gold membership even if you don't have the machine yet?

should do. the games will be under the game for gold section on their website just log in and get them

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Fair enough. I was here for about the entire last gen. And it got to a point with the Paying for multiplayer threads, where people were asking mods to just lock em. It was out of control, and it was done on this moral high ground. But then Sony leased them some games, and announce pay for MP and not one moral high ground peep. And MS is called greedy? Every game I got from GWG on 360 is still there when I don't pay anymore. Starting in June? No.

Not sure I followed the bold. But for the rest I get what you're saying. One thing though, I think you'd be surprised on how many people sign up for plus for the 'free games' rather than the ability to play online. That's why it was kinda a both devious and well placed move by Sony.

Wouldn't be surprising in the slightest. PSN subs tripled as soon as gamers were forced to pay to play online with the PS4.

Sony only made $140 million from PSPlus subs in 2012 (XBL made $1.25 billion). So the majority are signing up because sony have forced their hand.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By misterpmedia

@RR360DD said:

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Fair enough. I was here for about the entire last gen. And it got to a point with the Paying for multiplayer threads, where people were asking mods to just lock em. It was out of control, and it was done on this moral high ground. But then Sony leased them some games, and announce pay for MP and not one moral high ground peep. And MS is called greedy? Every game I got from GWG on 360 is still there when I don't pay anymore. Starting in June? No.

Not sure I followed the bold. But for the rest I get what you're saying. One thing though, I think you'd be surprised on how many people sign up for plus for the 'free games' rather than the ability to play online. That's why it was kinda a both devious and well placed move by Sony.

Wouldn't be surprising in the slightest. PSN subs tripled as soon as gamers were forced to pay to play online with the PS4.

Sony only made $140 million from PSPlus subs in 2012 (XBL made $1.25 billion). So the majority are signing up because sony have forced their hand.

Must have been all those 360 users.that jumped ship ;). What are your thoughts on your new lovely PS+ type Xbone subscription service? :P

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

These don't affect the 360 structure?
Two free games that you actually get to keep.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 LadyBlue

@lostrib said:

Considering how it's gone on 360, wtf are they going to give away?

They gave away sleep dogs.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

Plus, which I have been a member since its first year, was one of the greatest, sly business moves. Japanese always best americans at that. Started at Pearl, LOL.

'And MS is called greedy' was referring to posters who were calling them out for pay for MP, but once they were leased some games, they weren't all high and moral. Sounds like greed when your principles can be bought with 2 "free" games a month. But MS is called greedy, was my point there.

lol damn you quoted before I edited, meant Plus not gold*. Also lol'd at Pearl reference.

Glad you got the laugh out of it. I try to be more optimist than pessimist in life. I am glad they are trying to change their face. I know for some hardcore fanboys NOTHING either does will be good. These poor souls are just lacking realistic perspective on life.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#59 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@RR360DD said:

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Yeah well I said that in many threads last gen. MP is the most compelling reason to join. And it was absolute genius business by MS. It forced Sony to copy as evidenced by less money from Plus on PS3. But Sony has made genius moves as well, and MS has been forced to follow. Guess what folks? This has happened in every industry in human existence!!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@lostrib said:

Considering how it's gone on 360, wtf are they going to give away?

They gave away sleep dogs.

I meant what are they going to give away on X1

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts

@ninjapirate2000: Because Microsoft is bringing the bombs to E3.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

So it'll be like PS+ but worse because you only get to rent 2 games, lol

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

Now xbox owners will love renting and games going away as soon as the subscription is over.. here we go again even the fanbase backtracks lmao

hmmm like how PS owners suddenly enjoy paying for online, since last gen 'half a game was being held at ransom' I believe they said.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#64 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I don't like this new system, I preferred the old way, at least the games were yours outright. I usually buy the games I want on day 1, I don't care much for sales or this constant mania with rebates an all that stuff that people rave about on PSN+, but I definitely pick up games on sales and such, it is just not my main preoccupation.....what I like about Xbox Live, and why I don't mind paying 5$ per month, is because it offers a great online gaming experience, minimal lag, regular updates, clear voice chat quality, dedicated cloud servers on some games, etc.

Hopefully they will keep the XBL service their priority with all the revenue they get from XBL, I just don't want their focus to be about rebates, discounts, free games, etc. I want them to focus more on the quality of their service.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Love this and I'm glad Microsoft is starting to get into their zone here. Haven't bought many digital game on my Xbox One so I'll definitely play these two.

Competition is definitely good for this industry and anybody who wants one of these companies to "Die" is delusional. You can bet none of this stuff would have ever happened if Sony wasn't around to keep Microsoft in their place, and you can bet the PS3 and Sony as a whole would have been a different Company if Microsoft never entered with the Xbox 360.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

More Value right Cows.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 misterpmedia

@xhawk27 said:

More Value right Cows.

not for you lems, you guys hate renting.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By xhawk27

@misterpmedia said:

@xhawk27 said:

More Value right Cows.

not for you lems, you guys hate renting.

Renting, I am paying for the Online gaming but the games are a little bonus. :D

This is only for the Xbox One on the 360 you still get to keep your games.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

so they've changed the way they do things? "a game with gold" is maintained through regular payments of the live fee.

that stinks.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 xhawk27

@CrownKingArthur said:

so they've changed the way they do things? "a game with gold" is maintained through regular payments of the live fee.

that stinks.

It works for Sony you don't have people complaining do you?

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LadyBlue

@CrownKingArthur said:

that stinks.

A step back for sure. Though now they will be offering newer games.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 CrownKingArthur
@xhawk27 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

that stinks.

It works for Sony you don't have people complaining do you?

i've never supported that either. i haven't exactly supported either of them, mostly because it's a lucky dip.

and yeah i've seen people complain about PS+.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 CrownKingArthur
@xhawk27 said:

oh i did not know that. that's interesting.

ok.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61484 Posts

If you have to keep paying solely for the X1, then this makes sense. They're drastically newer games.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 xhawk27

@CrownKingArthur said:
@xhawk27 said:

oh i did not know that. that's interesting.

ok.

I think that is what they are going to do. If not than the 360 should start getting newer games like on PSN+.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By misterpmedia

@xhawk27 said:

but you rent them on Xbone.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 xhawk27

@misterpmedia said:

@xhawk27 said:

So you rent all games on Playstation systems. On the Xbox 360 you get to keep them.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 misterpmedia

@xhawk27 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@xhawk27 said:

So you rent all games on Playstation systems. On the Xbox 360 you get to keep them.

that's the point... lol. You can keep them on your 360 but not on your Xbone. Which are you planning on using more for the next 10 years? Lems hate renting, they've made that excruciatingly clear.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By xhawk27

@misterpmedia said:

@xhawk27 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@xhawk27 said:

that's the point... lol. You can keep them on your 360 but not on your Xbone. Which are you planning on using more for the next 10 years? Lems hate renting, they've made that excruciatingly clear.

Do you really think any company is going to let you keep a game that is less than a year old? Do not go into business. lol

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By misterpmedia

@xhawk27 said:

Do you really think any company is going to let you keep a game that is less than a year old? Do not go into business. lol

I don't think you're getting the point I'm making lol. Your Xbone subscription free game service is now a glorified rental service, just like PS+. One you have probably bashed for being as such. I'm just surprised that lems like you are looking forward to it. Don't you think MS should have kept the same model of ownership for your brand spanking new Xbone?

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

PS4's still a much better choice but IMO, MS is making some decent strides.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By xhawk27

@misterpmedia said:

@xhawk27 said:

I don't think you're getting the point I'm making lol. Your Xbone subscription free game service is now a glorified rental service, just like PS+. One you have probably bashed being as such. I'm just surprised that lems like you are looking forward to it. Don't you think MS should have kept the same model of ownership for your brand spanking new Xbone?

First I know what you are saying but you must remember that PSN+ started life on the PS3 where it was a renting service since Online gaming was free. That is not the case with the PS4 since you have to pay for Online gaming unless you are only going to play FTP and MMO games online. XBL gold you always had to pay to play online so this is only a bonus.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 misterpmedia

@xhawk27 said:

First I know what you are saying but you must remember that PSN+ started life on the PS3 where it was a renting service since Online gaming was free. That is not the case with the PS4 since you have to pay for Online gaming unless you are only going to play FTP and MMO games online.

I'm aware of how PS+ started out, and it's still a renting service on the PS4 especially for people who don't care to play multiplayer, but this isn't what we're talking about though as Sony pumps Plus full of value that it seems nonsensical not to. Therefore most PS+ users don't mind it being a glorified rental service and I doubt many have complained about subscription tied content, who do mind ad have always laughed and bashed it are lems, and MS have just implemented that same PS+ standard to the Xbone. I expect a full on backlash from lems.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Dammit, I'm not happy about this. It is important to me that I own my games, so if Games with Gold is just a rental service like PS+ now then it has no value to me anymore.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

If you are going to use Xbone, Can you at least capitalize the XBOne. jeez

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I game share with my bro. I'm guessing even when I go Silver, I can still access these games because of Xbox One's game sharing feature. His account is on my One, meaning whatever he buys with his account on his Xbox One, I could access it on my console. Looking forward for June and check out Max which got positive reviews, its a pretty new game too.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#87  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@ninjapirate2000 said:

Why didn't they save these announcements for e3?

e3 is great for getting software and hardware in front of journalists that can then give impressions to the public. We do't need impressions on price cuts, or free games. We like 'em.

Let e3 be about Games.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

M$ can copy everything from the PS4 except 1080p LOL

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 RR360DD

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Lets not forget the PS4 is a beefed up 360.

So saying M$ copied sony doesn't make sense.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@RR360DD said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Not really. PS3 was more powerful than 360 and had bluray. PS4 is a continuation of everything Sony got right from 2009 onward and Xbone is a continuation of everything M$ got wrong since 2010.

They can pull all the 180s they want but the hardware still sucks and they won't be able to change it until they release another console.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 RR360DD

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@RR360DD said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Not really. PS3 was more powerful than 360 and had bluray. PS4 is a continuation of everything Sony got right from 2009 onward and Xbone is a continuation of everything M$ got wrong since 2010.

They can pull all the 180s they want but the hardware still sucks and they won't be able to change it until they release another console.

Nope, the PS4 is a continuation of everything MS got right with the 360.

Launching games with gold is not a 180 LOL do cows even know what a 180 is?

Can't wait to see this killer PS4 lineup of games that is supposedly on the way.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

It's amusing me to watch cows trying to criticize Microsoft for "copying" the PS4 and yet refusing to recognize all of the ways that Sony copied the Xbox 360.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 misterpmedia

@GravityX said:

If you are going to use Xbone, Can you at least capitalize the XBOne. jeez

no