Games with Gold comes to Xbone in June.

• 91 results
#1 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Looks like it's going to be exactly like PS+

Free games with Games with Gold**. Since Games with Gold launched on Xbox 360 a year ago, over 12 million people have enjoyed great free games, resulting in nearly 200 million hours of free fun playing Games with Gold titles. We’ve been learning from your feedback and have focused on making improvements each month to the selection of titles. To celebrate the one-year anniversary of Games with Gold for Xbox 360 and as a thank you for helping shape this program, members will receive an additional free Xbox 360 game in June. The Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 in June are “Dark Souls,” “Charlie Murder” and a bonus game of “Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.” We’re pleased to bring Games with Gold to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One in June. Members will have subscription-based access to free games ranging from top hits to breaking indie stars. The program will launch on Xbox One with “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood” and “Halo: Spartan Assault.” A single Gold membership will get you access to the free games for both Xbox One and Xbox 360.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-de...g-more-choices

#2 Edited by ninjapirate2000 (3013 posts) -

Why didn't they save these announcements for e3?

#3 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3859 posts) -

interesting... 'active Gold membership required to play free games you've downloaded' haha

it became exactly like ps+, i know how much lems like being able to play their free games without xbl gold membership

let the dc begin

#4 Posted by lostrib (34384 posts) -

Considering how it's gone on 360, wtf are they going to give away?

#5 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

interesting... 'active Gold membership required to play free games you've downloaded' haha

it became exactly like ps+, i know how much lems like being able to play their free games without xbl gold membership

let the dc begin

Lems hate renting, they would rather own their games. I can't see many lems liking this new feature for their all in one entertainment system, Xbone Bone.

#6 Edited by lundy86_4 (42996 posts) -

Good news. They're also getting rid of mandatory Gold subscription for apps. They've made some good decisions lately.

#7 Posted by freedomfreak (39140 posts) -

Definitely downloading Charlie Murder and Super Street Fighter: Arcade Edition.

Shame you can't keep your games anymore. That was the only appealing thing about it.

#8 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8203 posts) -

I thought xbox people said the psn+ was no good cause u don't get to keep the game if u r not subscribed? They will hate this new games with gold then huh?

#9 Edited by TigerSuperman (1983 posts) -

@lostrib said:

They aren't giving away anymore, they are renting. Basically killing their only real advantage since they still only do two games at a time.

#10 Posted by Terrencec06 (3456 posts) -

System wars is going to be pretty interesting today

#11 Posted by darkangel115 (1505 posts) -

let the dc begin

yeah it sucks. Great job by sony setting the precedent to screw people pver and allow them to be happy about it

(i was being sarcastic, but that is how you cows sound with your terrible posts)

#12 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

I thought xbox people said the psn+ was no good cause u don't get to keep the game if u r not subscribed? They will hate this new games with gold then huh?

shhh let them come first.

#13 Posted by darkangel115 (1505 posts) -
@lostrib said:

probably crap games, just like the PS4. not much out. But in June its Max: the curse of the brotherhood and Halo: Spartan assault. Halo is pretty decent, and i don't have max but heard good things so i'll try it out

#14 Posted by Heil68 (43450 posts) -

"active Gold membership required to play free games you've downloaded'"

bu bu bu you own your MS games!11!!1

#15 Edited by finalstar2007 (24947 posts) -

Now xbox owners will love renting and games going away as soon as the subscription is over.. here we go again even the fanbase backtracks lmao

#16 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9865 posts) -

Yay some good news today for the bone ( I never called it the bone before, but I'm pissed today )

#18 Edited by tymeservesfate (1587 posts) -

they want E3 to be only about the games...no extra stuff. so they're getting this side stuff out the way now so they focus their E3 on games and gaming.

#19 Edited by AutoPilotOn (8203 posts) -

@Bishop1310: that's what I thought to begin with but people swore games with gold was better cause u owned the game even if psn+ was letting u "rent" better games

#20 Posted by Basinboy (11053 posts) -

Many years late on the apps decision, so about damn time.

Only a year or so behind on GwG. Better late than never.

#21 Posted by cainetao11 (16865 posts) -

They said they cant fit everything into their E3 show, and May would be a big month of info also. 'bout time. My nephew is loving my 360 GWG and I was getting squat. Nice.

#22 Edited by Bigboi500 (29311 posts) -

I guess *free is no longer free.

#23 Edited by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

More like sony with each passing day. Lawd!

#24 Edited by cainetao11 (16865 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

I thought Sony people said its about the principle in regards to paying to play MP mode on a game you already bought. It sure is fun seeing us all be hypocritical and trying to point fingers.

#25 Edited by magicalclick (22439 posts) -

Hemmm.... On XboxOne???? Now that's interesting because it has so much less games than Xbox360. Maybe if I wait long enough, I can get that Zoo Tycoon. Great for me, free game on XboxOne and Xbox360. Now, I am totally behind with my Gamefly cue. Sad for me I guess.

#26 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (2723 posts) -

That is not all the news on june 9 the xflop will be sold for 399 with no spy cam. Also the paywall is coming down for apps like hulu in june. If I didn't know better is seems like the xflop is doing EXACTLY the same thing as Sony. In case you forgot they also copied Sony on used games also.

So now you get a weaker xflop for the same price as the stronger ps4 june 9th. In other news I discovered that my ps4 control works on my ps3 as long as the wire is connected FYI.

#27 Edited by 35cent (891 posts) -

I would prefer to have kept the games instead. It means that they can now get newer games but if there was a new game that I really liked, I would prefer to buy it and own it forever rather than having it tied to my Gold account.

#28 Edited by lostrib (34384 posts) -

That is not all the news on june 9 the xflop will be sold for 399 with no spy cam. Also the paywall is coming down for apps like hulu in june. If I didn't know better is seems like the xflop is doing EXACTLY the same thing as Sony. In case you forgot they also copied Sony on used games also.

So now you get a weaker xflop for the same price as the stronger ps4 june 9th. In other news I discovered that my ps4 control works on my ps3 as long as the wire is connected FYI.

lol spy cam

#29 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2723 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

lol spy cam

Yeah I said spycam

#30 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

I thought Sony people said its about the principle in regards to paying to play MP mode on a game you already bought. It sure is fun seeing us all be hypocritical and trying to point fingers.

lol i'm sure they did say that, I will predict I'm not alone in saying that towards the end of the PS3's gen PS+ was giving out tremendous value, hell breaching on £100 worth of content for just a measely £11.99 sub which spans 3 months. So if you were a PS3 only gamer, which I will assume would be the majority of the people who upgraded to PS4, you only felt a minor prick when that announcement was made about paid online, does it suck? Of course but you're paying for a service that already treats you extremely well, it was a well timed announcement, if PS+ would have been genuinely awful then it would have made bigger news. 360 owners jumping ship would have been paying for gold for online play anyway so I doubt they wouldn't have been giving a fuck as they'd expect it. That's how I see it anyway, this is much funnier to now see games with gold going rental service, it was lems only bashing ammo for PS+ and now Gold is PS+.

#31 Posted by cainetao11 (16865 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

lol i'm sure they did say that, I will predict I'm not alone in saying that towards the end of the PS3's gen PS+ was giving out tremendous value, hell breaching on £100 worth of content for just a measely £11.99 sub which spans 3 months. So if you were a PS3 only gamer, which I will assume would be the majority of the people who upgraded to PS4, you only felt a minor prick when that announcement was made about paid online, does it suck? Of course but you're paying for a service that already treats you extremely well, it was a well timed announcement, if PS+ would have been genuinely awful then it would have made bigger news. 360 owners jumping ship would have been paying for gold for online play anyway so I doubt they wouldn't have been giving a fuck as they'd expect it. That's how I see it anyway, this is much more funnier to now see games with gold going rental service, it was lems only bashing ammo for PS+ and now Gold is PS+.

Fair enough. I was here for about the entire last gen. And it got to a point with the Paying for multiplayer threads, where people were asking mods to just lock em. It was out of control, and it was done on this moral high ground. But then Sony leased them some games, and announce pay for MP and not one moral high ground peep. And MS is called greedy? Every game I got from GWG on 360 is still there when I don't pay anymore. Starting in June? No.

#32 Posted by cainetao11 (16865 posts) -

No more Netflix behind paywall on Live says Gizmodo

#33 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@misterpmedia:

PSN gives away indies. Xbox Live Gold I promise you is gonna give away Ryse for free in June.

#34 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

Fair enough. I was here for about the entire last gen. And it got to a point with the Paying for multiplayer threads, where people were asking mods to just lock em. It was out of control, and it was done on this moral high ground. But then Sony leased them some games, and announce pay for MP and not one moral high ground peep. And MS is called greedy? Every game I got from GWG on 360 is still there when I don't pay anymore. Starting in June? No.

Not sure I followed the bold. But for the rest I get what you're saying. One thing though, I think you'd be surprised on how many people sign up for plus for the 'free games' rather than the ability to play online. That's why it was kinda a both devious and well placed move by Sony.

#35 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3859 posts) -

@misterpmedia:

PSN gives away indies. Xbox Live Gold I promise you is gonna give away Ryse for free in June.

nope. they are offering DISCOUNT on ryse + forze next month they are not giving them away. try again

#36 Posted by cainetao11 (16865 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

Not sure I followed the bold. But for the rest I get what you're saying. One thing though, I think you'd be surprised on how many people sign up for gold for the 'free games' rather than the ability to play online. That's why it was kinda a both devious and well placed move by Sony.

Plus, which I have been a member since its first year, was one of the greatest, sly business moves. Japanese always best americans at that. Started at Pearl, LOL.

'And MS is called greedy' was referring to posters who were calling them out for pay for MP, but once they were leased some games, they weren't all high and moral. Sounds like greed when your principles can be bought with 2 "free" games a month. But MS is called greedy, was my point there.

#37 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8203 posts) -

@mrxboxone: ummm my huge backlog of queued ps3 games says they give away more than indies.

#38 Edited by DaBrainz (7628 posts) -

This could have been so much better if there was BC. So for now we get a tablet game and don't get to keep it if we stop paying the subscription fee. booo MS boooo.

#39 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@misterpmedia:

confirmed for never having PS+ on a PS3. Nice goalpost selection. Nevermind, ghostwarrior owned you for me.

#40 Edited by sibu_xgamer (330 posts) -

So they are making the xbone more similar to the PS4 just not as good? gotcha

#41 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (2723 posts) -

Sony is the best thing that ever happened to xbots. Everything Sony does on the ps4 M$ is now doing for the xflop.

#42 Posted by DaBrainz (7628 posts) -

Sony is the best thing that ever happened to xbots. Everything Sony does on the ps4 M$ is now doing for the xflop.

Yes its official. XBL is now as shitty as the trailblazing PS+. Great news unless you're a gamer that likes nice things.

#43 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (2723 posts) -

@DaBrainz said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Yes its official. XBL is now as shitty as the trailblazing PS+. Great news unless you're a gamer that likes nice things.

YESSS MORE TEARS ^^^^^^

#44 Posted by DaBrainz (7628 posts) -

@DaBrainz said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

YESSS MORE TEARS ^^^^^^

lawl I don't think that means what you think it means.

#45 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Plus, which I have been a member since its first year, was one of the greatest, sly business moves. Japanese always best americans at that. Started at Pearl, LOL.

'And MS is called greedy' was referring to posters who were calling them out for pay for MP, but once they were leased some games, they weren't all high and moral. Sounds like greed when your principles can be bought with 2 "free" games a month. But MS is called greedy, was my point there.

lol damn you quoted before I edited, meant Plus not gold*. Also lol'd at Pearl reference.

#46 Posted by kingtito (4854 posts) -

@Bishop1310: that's what I thought to begin with but people swore games with gold was better cause u owned the game even if psn+ was letting u "rent" better games

I don't see anyone saying otherwise. So what's your point exactly?

#47 Posted by SolidTy (42441 posts) -

It's happening at the exact time I predicted a year ago.

Well, it's still pleasing to have a reason to turn my Xbone on.

#48 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8360 posts) -

FUCK, I bought Dark Souls like 2 months ago.

#49 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8360 posts) -

Would you be able to queue games for Xbox one with active gold membership even if you don't have the machine yet?

#50 Edited by wolverine4262 (19036 posts) -

So no one cares about the awesome selection 360 gamers are getting? Typical System Wars.