Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@tormentos:

If you want to down play Scorpio's advantages that is fine but it's more than a 42% increase in Computational ability (1.8 TF's). It's a next Gen GPU with increased efficiency, 50% more Bandwidth, 50% more RAM and Much better CPU. The Potential is there to see huge differences if Devs decide to use the HW to it's full potential. If Devs decide to just use the increase for resolution purposes then you'll be correct that most might not notice the difference.

It's also the largest increase going from 1 console to the next at 4.7 TF's.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Even though Lemmings will defend the Scorpio until their face turns blue, bottom line is that the Switch has more hype surrounding it that neither PS4 Pro or Scorpio can match it. Switch brings something new for all ages and its portable. Sadly the only console maker who's going to suffer in longer term sales is the XB1, because sony is already 50+ Mill sold , unlike MS who's only 25+ mill sold which Switch is going to eat up in no time. But that's just my opinion.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#103 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

I think that the Scorpio is aimed at a niche small market. It's going to be extremely expensive, most people don't have a 4K TV yet.

I don't imagine a large amount of Xbone owners will double dip, I'm not because

A) I don't have a 4K TV.

B) All Scorpio games will be on the original Xbox One, which I already own.

C) If I cared about power, framerate, graphics so much, I would buy a gaming PC.

I like the Xbone and all but they are really just an imitation of Sony. The PS4 and Xbone are basically the same thing. Just except the PS4 has better exclusive games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

Even though Lemmings will defend the Scorpio until their face turns blue, bottom line is that the Switch has more hype surrounding it that neither PS4 Pro or Scorpio can match it. Switch brings something new for all ages and its portable. Sadly the only console maker who's going to suffer in longer term sales is the XB1, because sony is already 50+ Mill sold , unlike MS who's only 25+ mill sold which Switch is going to eat up in no time. But that's just my opinion.

1. Switch is coming out in a couple of days, so of course there's more hype now
  2. Switch isn't a console, it's a handheld
  3. You don't know at how many consoles sold MS is, but indeed Switch will probably go higher since it's a handheld
Avatar image for deactivated-58cc2e3ce164c
deactivated-58cc2e3ce164c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-58cc2e3ce164c
Member since 2017 • 13 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@dasity512 said:
@silversix_ said:
@xhawk27 said:

@silversix_: On June 11 you are going to see this..... A lot ..... OWNED Pics!!!!!!!!

As much ownage as DX12 on Xbone or less?

Or how the 32mb ESRAM was ownage.

Or the FIVE BILLION TRANSISTORS!!!

Or how the xbone having more CPU/GPU power unlocked from kinect could help the console run games at 1080p/60. lol.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

Scorpio was built because people demanded it and it will be designed to last a gen or more. I dont think MS gives a crap about this article or about the underpowered Switch that will get abandoned by Nintendo in 3 years and abandoned by 3rd parties in 2 years.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Scorpio is its own killer. A mid-gen console launch with no exclusives and significantly more expensive than the best selling console (PS4 Slim). It's gonna flop harder than pancakes.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@loe12k said:

Well if Scorpio don't sell only then will i believe graphics don't matter. Wait till we see DF articles comparing the Pro version and Scorpio version of Starwars Battlefront 2.

The top games last few years is Cod, Battlefield, and GTA those games are about graphics. Would GTA be popular if looked like shit?

The media and the Playstation fanbase pushed the resolution button this gen, to hate on xbox. Now the narrative is changing they are trying to say it don't matter now lol.

Don't you mean star wars battlefront 4? 3 is already out..

GTA is not a great looking game vs other games,it look good but not even close to the best looking games.

GTA3 on PS2 wasn't a power house either in fact the gateway looked better and was way less popular.

@EG101 said:

There will be a huge difference between Scorpio and Pro.

The difference between PS4 and Xbox One is minute compared to the difference between Scorpio and Pro. Scorpio will be Significantly Superior to Pro in every facet and games that take advantage of Scorpio will look a generation ahead of Pro games.

Scorpio Advantages over Pro:

Scorpio will have a 4 Gigabyte advantage in Ram. That's 50% more RAM available to games than the Pro.

Scorpio will have a 320+ GBPS Bandwidth which is a 50% bandwidth advantage over Pro. This is one of the bigger bottlenecks in the Pro.

Scorpio will have a Superior CPU (we already know it's not a jaguar CPU) which is one of the bigger bottlenecks in the Pro.

Scorpio will have a Next Gen GPU (next gen efficiencies so TF #'s are not equal as Vega >>> Polaris) with a 1.8 - 2 TF advantage (Greater than a full blown PS4 Console especially when taking into account the efficiencies of Vega over Polaris).

The difference between PS4 and XB1 is minute.

PS4 has 8 more CU's with 500 Gigaflops of computational advantage (about a PS3 console sized difference)

PS4 and XB1 have = amounts of RAM

PS4 has more Main Ram Bandwidth

BUT XB1 has 32 Megs of ES high Bandwidth specialized Ram to counter the lower Main Ram bandwidth so the difference can be mitigated if ES Ram is used properly.

XB1 has a slightly Faster CPU than PS4

XB1 and PS4 games generally look the same with PS4 games having slight advantages most of the time.

Back to the topic.

I don't think Switch and Scorpio are aiming for the same consumers. Switch is once again going for the casual consumer that doesn't mind playing on the small screen and just looking for some fun. Scorpio is aimed at the consumer that owns a 65 inch OLED/QLED TV Home Theatre system and wants the best image on their competitive online Xbox games without having to break the bank to purchase a descent PC.

No there will not be..

Loading Video...

This is the Pro vs a OC i7 6700k and a Titan Pascal a 12Teraflop card and while you can see textures are better on PC as well and some other details is not even close to how you want to picture the gap between Scorpio and Pro,and this PC beat the shit out of Scorpio by the way unless you want to argue that a 6TF scorpio GPU with a god knows what water down CPU from AMD is faster than this PC.

Power on consoles come from GPU and CPU,Scorpio is 42% more powerful than Pro GPU wise that is what the GPU gap say,the CPU wise we don't but remember the higher the GPU the more CPU you need to drive it so while Scorpio may end with a better CPU,it would also devote more resources to drive a stronger GPU.

Ram will not increase power,and the Fury X has 4GB and i don't see it performing badly the PS4 Pro has 5.5 GB now for games.

Yes it will also try to drive 4k native which consumes more bandwidth than the pro which goes more for 1800p which requires less bandwidth,again this is a case of Scorpio has more but scorpio also need more than Pro version of games because it shooting for higher quality and more pixels which does require more bandwidth.

We don't know what CPU it is,and the Pro runs games like BF1 without problems at 60FPS so yeah i don't see the CPU problem you see,but then again BF1 is a well optimized game many others are not.

Link to where MS confirms the GPU inside scorpio is Vega.

By the way the GPU on PS4 Pro is polaris based but has VEGA features if you didn't know it.

In actual fact, two new AMD roadmap features debut in the Pro, ahead of their release in upcoming Radeon PC products - presumably the Vega GPUs due either late this year or early next year.

"One of the features appearing for the first time is the handling of 16-bit variables - it's possible to perform two 16-bit operations at a time instead of one 32-bit operation," he says, confirming what we learned during our visit to VooFoo Studios to check out Mantis Burn Racing. "In other words, at full floats, we have 4.2 teraflops. With half-floats, it's now double that, which is to say, 8.4 teraflops in 16-bit computation. This has the potential to radically increase performance."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-inside-playstation-4-pro-how-sony-made-a-4k-games-machine

Scorpio will have a Next Gen GPU (next gen efficiencies so TF #'s are not equal as Vega >>> Polaris) with a 1.8 - 2 TF advantage (Greater than a full blown PS4 Console especially when taking into account the efficiencies of Vega over Polaris).

This ^^ say by you i find it very odd the only person here i have see using this ^^ argument is Dynamitecop,i know it because of the full PS4 bullshit he use to pull.

Let me tell you how this work,the GPU on scorpio is 42% stronger than the Pro,the gap in pixels between 1800p and 4k is like 44%,so scorpio need to push 44% more pixels to hit 4k than Pro, but only has 42% more GPU power to do so.

1800p = 5,760,000 Pixels + 44% = 8,294,400 which is actually 4k,you can fight and complain about this ^^ this is how it work with the PS4 and xbox one as well,the PSD4 has like 40% more GPU power so it does 1080p while the xbox one drops to 900p.

The PS3 is not 500Gflops is way less.

No as time has prove many times ESRAM is not as efficient as using 1 pool of fast ram,and ESRAM is to small.

Which is why some gaps on PS4 vs xbox exhibit a gap of 100% which is way bigger than the GPU gap is,as 720p vs 1080p is a higher than 100% gap in pixels.

If funny i can quote post from Dynamite cop using this ^^ same argument is that you man.? Hahahahaha

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#110 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69470 Posts

@wiiboxstation said:

I think that the Scorpio is aimed at a niche small market. It's going to be extremely expensive, most people don't have a 4K TV yet.

I don't imagine a large amount of Xbone owners will double dip, I'm not because

A) I don't have a 4K TV.

B) All Scorpio games will be on the original Xbox One, which I already own.

C) If I cared about power, framerate, graphics so much, I would buy a gaming PC.

I like the Xbone and all but they are really just an imitation of Sony. The PS4 and Xbone are basically the same thing. Just except the PS4 has better exclusive games.

Can you provide a link to the price of the Scorpio. I wasn't aware they released the price and its a shame that its EXTREMELY expensive. I am looking forward to that link.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By daredevils2k

@FastRobby said:
@daredevils2k said:

3. You don't know at how many consoles sold MS is, but indeed Switch will probably go higher since it's a handheld

1. Can you honestly tell me that the Switch will not be the holiday sales winner dominating the Scorpio?

2. I'm sorry to break the news to you, but the Switch is more of a hybrid then anything else.

3. You're just embarrassed of the numbers flying around how many XB1 sold worldwide that it's easy for you to hide under a rock to remove yourself from reality.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@EG101 said:

@tormentos:

If you want to down play Scorpio's advantages that is fine but it's more than a 42% increase in Computational ability (1.8 TF's). It's a next Gen GPU with increased efficiency, 50% more Bandwidth, 50% more RAM and Much better CPU. The Potential is there to see huge differences if Devs decide to use the HW to it's full potential. If Devs decide to just use the increase for resolution purposes then you'll be correct that most might not notice the difference.

It's also the largest increase going from 1 console to the next at 4.7 TF's.

Come on Dynamitecop you know i already refuted this silly argument,

4.2 + 42% = 5.964

1.3 + 40% = 1.82 TF

The PS4 is 1.84TF.

So again the whole PS4 argument is a joke the PS4 has like 2+ xbox 360 over the xbox one if you want to go that way.

More bandwidth but also more load on that bandwidth.

12GB on a 6TF GPU is over kill,the Fury X is 8.6TF and has 4GB,The titan Pascal is the only with 12GB but also has 12TF of performance that is double of scorpio,Ram wasn't an issue on this consoles vs last gen,not only their GPU have memory saving features they also have lots of memory.

The xbox one is 1.3 Scorpio has like 4 and half times the power of the xbox one.

The xbox 360 was like 230Gflops.

230Gflops X 5 = 1.150 TF which is lower than the xbox one,so the xbox one is like 5+ times stronger than the xbox 360,while scorpio is 4+ stronger than the xbox one,so no is not the biggest gap when you actually measure power from the previous unit.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Wiiboxstation

@Pedro: serious question......

Do you know anything about how powerful the Scorpio is and how much that Hardware costs?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@daredevils2k said:
@FastRobby said:
  1. Can you honestly tell me that the Switch will not be the holiday sales winner dominating the Scorpio?
  2. I'm sorry to break the news to you, but the Switch is more of a hybrid then anything else.
  3. You're just embarrassed of the numbers flying around how many XB1 sold worldwide that it's easy for you to hide under a rock to remove yourself from reality.
  1. I expect Switch to win holiday sales compared to Scorpio. It's a handheld.
  2. Nothing to break here. It's by far a handheld. Look at the specs, and what it's being targeted most for: on the road gaming. It's just too weak for a console. The multi-platform games won't even be exactly the same, and already there are titles that aren't being made for it. Handheld.
  3. Embarrassed? I just don't know the numbers, and neither do you. Should we listen to analysts, who also don't know anything?
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#115 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9729 Posts

They both might do bad. The Switch is underpowered and overpriced and ect for what it is. The Scorpio will be very expensive.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By daredevils2k

@FastRobby said:
@daredevils2k said:
@FastRobby said:
  1. I expect Switch to win holiday sales compared to Scorpio. It's a handheld.
  2. Nothing to break here. It's by far a handheld. Look at the specs, and what it's being targeted most for: on the road gaming. It's just too weak for a console. The multi-platform games won't even be exactly the same, and already there are titles that aren't being made for it. Handheld.
  3. Embarrassed? I just don't know the numbers, and neither do you. Should we listen to analysts, who also don't know anything?

You keep using the same excuse saying its a hand held, but it cost the same amount as a XB1s and PS4 Slim.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Only thing I see Switch killing is televisions with all of those jaggies.

Not that I have confidence in Scorpio, but the Switch looks like a steamer.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Pedro

@wiiboxstation said:

@Pedro: serious question......

Do you know anything about how powerful the Scorpio is and how much that Hardware costs?

So in other words you don't have any data to back your claim on it being EXTREMELY expensive. Thanks.

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

For the first time in god knows how long the most powerful console is winning. Microsoft seem to think that's the way to go. They're in for a rude awakening.

The PS4 isn't even winning because of its power, it just does so many things better than the Xbone, that's why it's winning.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Wiiboxstation

@Pedro: the Pro is $400.

It's far more powerful than that. So you do the math.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Pedro

@wiiboxstation said:

@Pedro: the Pro is $400.

It's far more powerful than that. So you do the math.

Firstly you have no evidence to back your claim. The Scorpio is less than 50% more powerful than the Pro. Its releasing a little over a year later. You should do the math or at least have some substance to back your claim.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#123  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I think the Switch is the biggest threat to Sony. One area Sony has the biggest and most significant edge over Xbox is the Japanese angle, since by default they get many Japanese console games being it's really the only marketable console on the Japanese market, but the Japanese being heavily into handheld gaming might move to one of the last handhelds on the market, and this will give Nintendo a significant edge over Sony on that end, without that advantage or the presumption of it then Sony loses a major asset, they'll be just like Xbox minus the few games that differentiate the line-up but are only a smaller portion of the bigger multiplatform realm, whereas Nintendo's line-up might potentially be much more unique by comparison. At that point the race between MS and Sony is a power competition, to a degree. Honestly though I think Microsoft's Scorpio wouldn't be hard to leapfrog power-wise in a year or two. Just like MS, Sony too can likely create a new console that's fully BC with PS4 to smooth over transitions to a new generation without that big generation jump, just gradual upgrades on both ends.

One thing that Sony does much better than MS too abroad is marketing. I've heard from Europeans, some who still are even MS/Xbox fans, is that Microsoft's Xbox marketing in the region is abysmal and nonexistent. Not sure, but I figure this failure stems from Kinect support and challenge of localizing voice commands and what limit that put on regional marketing; this still needs to be addressed. They did right by basically putting Kinect support behind them, but they need to remedy this bit.

Sonicplys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Sonicplys
Member since 2004 • 2603 Posts

Switch is a Sony/Microsoft killer

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

No switch isn't going to take anything from the Scorpio. It's not marketed to that crowd. The Nintendo fanboys need to face reality. Yeah Nintendo is advertiszing little millennial running around and using the switch, but come one the Switch is for parents/families. The hey you can buy your kids this and it's not using up your TV crowd. Or in my case hey you can buy this for your kids and hook it up and kick them off your gaming TV and play a real system!

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#126 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

For the first time in god knows how long the most powerful console is winning. Microsoft seem to think that's the way to go. They're in for a rude awakening.

The very same awakening they had after they tried to follow Wii formula , that of weaker hardware with motions controls as consoles primary experience.

I dont get what MS are thinking but to be fair we need to wait and see so we know for what we talking about.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

Lems, "Scorpio will be $199."

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Sonicplys said:

@lamprey263 said:

I think the Switch is the biggest threat to Sony.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#129 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Lol. Switch killing scorpio? They are going after two different markets.

How successful Scorpio becomes depends on MS really. It needs its own features and reasons to buy it. IMO, there is little reason to get a Pro if you already have a PS4 and don't have a 4K TV, unless you really must have the better hardware/performance which for most games hasn't been significant other than higher resolution.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#130 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Weren't graphics the most important thing about 6 months ago?

They only are to Sony fanboys I think. Even most PC gamers these days don't care. Terraria, Minecraft and Overwatch are the games everyone wants to play.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Not sure a blogger from Japan = Forbes :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Pedro

@quadknight said:
@Sonicplys said:

@lamprey263 said:

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 GameboyTroy

@quadknight said:
@Sonicplys said:

@lamprey263 said:

Silly Nintendo fanboys.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Weren't graphics the most important thing about 6 months ago?

Interesting way of spelling 'exclusives'.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Shewgenja

@Sonicplys said:

I halfway agree. Sony is in too strong a position to get killed, but Nintendo is without a doubt on a come-up. I wouldn't be surprised a single bit if PS5 follows the design philosophy of the Switch and Nintendo counters with an upgraded "Pro" docking station the following year.

Unless MS commits to exclusives, the hardware cycle coming from Sony and Nintendo will be absolutely savage on them.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

I want to read the article, but them fuckfaces at Forbes want me to turn off my adblock if I want to read their stupid website and I refuse to do such a thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#137 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@LordQuorthon said:

I want to read the article, but them fuckfaces at Forbes want me to turn off my adblock if I want to read their stupid website and I refuse to do such a thing.

It's four paragraphs long, if that, tbh. Not missing much.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

Scorpio will be fine. Its the Switch that could be in more trouble.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:
@loe12k said:

Well if Scorpio don't sell only then will i believe graphics don't matter. Wait till we see DF articles comparing the Pro version and Scorpio version of Starwars Battlefront 2.

The top games last few years is Cod, Battlefield, and GTA those games are about graphics. Would GTA be popular if looked like shit?

The media and the Playstation fanbase pushed the resolution button this gen, to hate on xbox. Now the narrative is changing they are trying to say it don't matter now lol.

Don't you mean star wars battlefront 4? 3 is already out..

GTA is not a great looking game vs other games,it look good but not even close to the best looking games.

GTA3 on PS2 wasn't a power house either in fact the gateway looked better and was way less popular.

@EG101 said:

There will be a huge difference between Scorpio and Pro.

The difference between PS4 and Xbox One is minute compared to the difference between Scorpio and Pro. Scorpio will be Significantly Superior to Pro in every facet and games that take advantage of Scorpio will look a generation ahead of Pro games.

Scorpio Advantages over Pro:

Scorpio will have a 4 Gigabyte advantage in Ram. That's 50% more RAM available to games than the Pro.

Scorpio will have a 320+ GBPS Bandwidth which is a 50% bandwidth advantage over Pro. This is one of the bigger bottlenecks in the Pro.

Scorpio will have a Superior CPU (we already know it's not a jaguar CPU) which is one of the bigger bottlenecks in the Pro.

The difference between PS4 and XB1 is minute.

PS4 has 8 more CU's with 500 Gigaflops of computational advantage (about a PS3 console sized difference)

PS4 and XB1 have = amounts of RAM

PS4 has more Main Ram Bandwidth

BUT XB1 has 32 Megs of ES high Bandwidth specialized Ram to counter the lower Main Ram bandwidth so the difference can be mitigated if ES Ram is used properly.

XB1 has a slightly Faster CPU than PS4

XB1 and PS4 games generally look the same with PS4 games having slight advantages most of the time.

Back to the topic.

I don't think Switch and Scorpio are aiming for the same consumers. Switch is once again going for the casual consumer that doesn't mind playing on the small screen and just looking for some fun. Scorpio is aimed at the consumer that owns a 65 inch OLED/QLED TV Home Theatre system and wants the best image on their competitive online Xbox games without having to break the bank to purchase a descent PC.

No there will not be..

This is the Pro vs a OC i7 6700k and a Titan Pascal a 12Teraflop card and while you can see textures are better on PC as well and some other details is not even close to how you want to picture the gap between Scorpio and Pro,and this PC beat the shit out of Scorpio by the way unless you want to argue that a 6TF scorpio GPU with a god knows what water down CPU from AMD is faster than this PC.

Power on consoles come from GPU and CPU,Scorpio is 42% more powerful than Pro GPU wise that is what the GPU gap say,the CPU wise we don't but remember the higher the GPU the more CPU you need to drive it so while Scorpio may end with a better CPU,it would also devote more resources to drive a stronger GPU.

Ram will not increase power,and the Fury X has 4GB and i don't see it performing badly the PS4 Pro has 5.5 GB now for games.

Yes it will also try to drive 4k native which consumes more bandwidth than the pro which goes more for 1800p which requires less bandwidth,again this is a case of Scorpio has more but scorpio also need more than Pro version of games because it shooting for higher quality and more pixels which does require more bandwidth.

We don't know what CPU it is,and the Pro runs games like BF1 without problems at 60FPS so yeah i don't see the CPU problem you see,but then again BF1 is a well optimized game many others are not.

Link to where MS confirms the GPU inside scorpio is Vega.

By the way the GPU on PS4 Pro is polaris based but has VEGA features if you didn't know it.

In actual fact, two new AMD roadmap features debut in the Pro, ahead of their release in upcoming Radeon PC products - presumably the Vega GPUs due either late this year or early next year.

"One of the features appearing for the first time is the handling of 16-bit variables - it's possible to perform two 16-bit operations at a time instead of one 32-bit operation," he says, confirming what we learned during our visit to VooFoo Studios to check out Mantis Burn Racing. "In other words, at full floats, we have 4.2 teraflops. With half-floats, it's now double that, which is to say, 8.4 teraflops in 16-bit computation. This has the potential to radically increase performance."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-inside-playstation-4-pro-how-sony-made-a-4k-games-machine

This ^^ say by you i find it very odd the only person here i have see using this ^^ argument is Dynamitecop,i know it because of the full PS4 bullshit he use to pull.

Let me tell you how this work,the GPU on scorpio is 42% stronger than the Pro,the gap in pixels between 1800p and 4k is like 44%,so scorpio need to push 44% more pixels to hit 4k than Pro, but only has 42% more GPU power to do so.

1800p = 5,760,000 Pixels + 44% = 8,294,400 which is actually 4k,you can fight and complain about this ^^ this is how it work with the PS4 and xbox one as well,the PSD4 has like 40% more GPU power so it does 1080p while the xbox one drops to 900p.

The PS3 is not 500Gflops is way less.

No as time has prove many times ESRAM is not as efficient as using 1 pool of fast ram,and ESRAM is to small.

Which is why some gaps on PS4 vs xbox exhibit a gap of 100% which is way bigger than the GPU gap is,as 720p vs 1080p is a higher than 100% gap in pixels.

If funny i can quote post from Dynamite cop using this ^^ same argument is that you man.? Hahahahaha

At 4K, R9-390X class GPU will bottleneck i7 6700k OC. If the game continues to scale higher frame rates with higher grade video card while keeping the same CPU, then it's mostly GPU bound issue. Just look in Windows task manager. Vega 10 XT will scale fine on my existing i7-4790K OC.

Both of my gaming PCs has similar i7 Haswell CPUs with different GPUs. R9-390X is bottlenecking i7-4790K worst than 980 Ti with 25 percent factory overclock.

If the game continues to scale higher frame rates with higher grade CPU while keeping the same video card, then it's CPU bound issue.

PS4 Pro's GPU with two features from Vega doesn't include the work for faster clock speeds and it shows with it's Polaris level 2.5X perf/watt results.

Scorpio has a requirement for Oculus Rift VR hence Intel Core i5 4590 level CPU would do the job i.e. 8 core version is overkill.

For Rise of Tomb Raider.

HIS R9-390X OC (1070Mhz yields 6 TFLOPS) delivers typical game console like 31.7 fps frame rates with 4K and very high graphics settings. Reducing shadows settings will boost frame rates is my standard frame rate booster approach.

The top GTX 1070 OC at 1947 Mhz in the graph has about 7.48 TFLOPS with 48.8 fps.

The lowest GTX 1070 at 1683 Mhz in the graph has about 6.46 TFLOPS with 41.5 fps

The highest RX-480 OC at 1410 Mhz in the graph has about 6.49 TFLOPS with 33.6 fps.

Both RX-480 and GTX 1070 has the same GDDR5-8000 256bit setup. Pascal has higher tessellation, better delta memory compression and tile cache render boosters.

Vega's clock speed improvements will make 36 CU and 1300 Mhz chip yields better i.e. more chips meeting the performance target.

Will RTG have separate high clock speed improvement designs for Vega 10 and Scorpio's IGP?

The answer is No. Both the "whole new SOC" and 4096 shader processor GPU has Graphics IP v9.0 improvements.

Post the alternative secondary source that shows Scorpio will not have Vega IP.

Graphics IP v9.0 includes Vega's tile cache render improvements and higher clock speed per watts improvements.

Vega's higher clock speed designs affect everything inside the chip i.e. GCP, ROPS, CU, ACE, HWS, Geometry, L2 Cache, internal bus and 'etc'.

AMD didn't build PS4 Pro's GPU with dual clock speed domain like in NVIDIA's G80 with shader processors running at higher clock speed when compared to the rest of the chip.

Fury X's 4GB VRAM can be crippled e.g. Resident Evil 7.

That's with shadow cache disabled.

4GB VRAM was my issue with Fury X, hence 980 Ti 6 GB with 25 percent factory overclock (~7 TFLOPS) selection.

Higher memory bandwidth and higher FLOPS = more resources for different workload types.

Notice AMD is claiming "4K Gaming" and VR for Scorpio. This is not being a lemming.

According to AMD's guidelines, RX GPUs with greater than 256bit memory bus has 4K.

MS is just repeating AMD's desktop GPU structure guidelines.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Not sure a blogger from Japan = Forbes :P

he said his name was Forbes... have I been hoodwinked? My wallet went missing after I met him too... starting to wonder

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

One thing you'll notice about Lemmings is that unlike the Cows they want Nintendo and other competitors to do well because it's good for the industry. I'm glad that Nintendo is going to do well. Nintendo by far has the Best 1st party and I would hate for them to do poorly.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@xantufrog: lol

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

So click bait is a thing now at least pretend your vetting your sources.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Shewgenja

@EG101: Really? Because, when I joined SW, the Lems were an absolute death cult for the PS3.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:
@xhawk27 said:

I don't think so at all. This gen started with the PS4 being the most powerful console and now this year that is going to change, so why are people saying Power doesn't matter all of a sudden?

Most of MS games are Multi-player and not single player only games. It takes more time to make those types of games compared to single player only. Third Party support was big in the rise of the PS4 this gen so that might change in 2018 with Scorpio taking over in having better multiplats since it is more powerful. Blaming MS because Platinum couldn't get the game right is wrong.

Yes it was also $100 cheaper so the PS4 and Scorpio are on very very different tracks,when scorpio hit will be the most powerful but also the most expensive,when the PS4 came it was the most powerful but also cheaper by the time MS decided to drop Kinect it was over,you simply can't repair the damage done to the brand.

Power matters simply not enough to win you a generation the 360 and PS3 were a testament to that so was the xbox and GC,the N64,power helps but will not win you a generation,a gimmick can win you a generation,which is why MS try with Kinect since they try power twice and failed.

Actually the one with the sales get the most deals,you want to portrait your product as something winning and sony is,the 360 didn't get great support because of its power alto it helped it over the wii in the longer run,it got games because of its sales,the user base was bigger and MS could push around their policies.

The wii while it has the sales didn't have the power to do most multiplatforms and that was what prevented it from taking the 360 position as lead platform for most games.

Scorpio's APU size is identical to XBO's APU size.

PS4 Pro's APU chip

PS4 Slim with 209 mm^2 size chip

http://news.mydrivers.com/1/507/507389.htm

仔细观察,PS4 Pro的APU晶体面积更大,通过卡尺测量其长宽分别为22.8×14.6毫米,面积约为321.9平方毫米,而CXD90043GB的面积则为212.5平方毫米。因此,PS4 Pro的APU晶体面积就是PS4-2000大约1.57倍。

Carefully observed, PS4 Pro APU crystal area larger, measured by the caliper length and width of 22.8 × 14.6 mm, an area of about 321.9 square millimeters, while the CXD90043GB area was 212.5 square millimeters.

Scorpio's cgi APU chip with 362 mm^2.

Scorpio's APU is larger than PS4 Pro's APU which indicates different GPU and CPU parts i.e. Scorpio's APU is not just an overclocked PS4 Pro APU!!!!

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#146 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

In a way...i'm agree...the Scorpio sounds so boring, just like the PS4 Pro.

With that being said, the Switch doesn't sounds that great either, but if it grabs the mainstream attention, it will definitely sell far more than the Scorpio.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 GameboyTroy

@EG101 said:
@daredevils2k said:

One thing you'll notice about Lemmings is that unlike the Cows they want Nintendo and other competitors to do well because it's good for the industry. I'm glad that Nintendo is going to do well. Nintendo by far has the Best 1st party and I would hate for them to do poorly.

I feel bad for Nintendo. I wanted Nintendo to well but the Switch makes it tough for me to want the Switch to do well. They have to learn. The hype has been really strong for it. How it will do is a mystery to me.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@LordQuorthon said:

I get linked to their site so often that I disabled it just for their site. Not a big deal, they don't really go ad spam crazy on you anyways.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@daredevils2k said:

You keep using the same excuse saying its a hand held, but it cost the same amount as a XB1s and PS4 Slim.

What does cost have to do with it? The PS Vita was $250-$300 when it released, so that's also a console then? Really a bad argument.

When you look at the specs, and how they are marketing the switch, it's clearly a handheld.