FFXIII = disappointment of the year?

• 150 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

I'm really disappointed with what I'm hearing about this game. It's like they took everything I loved about the other games a flushed it down the crapper, an embellished on the stuff that I hate. I didn't like Final Fantasy X because I thought it was too linear, and I loved Final Fantasy XII because it felt very customizeable, even though the story wasn't as good as some of the other games. FFXIII pretty much plays itself, and it is more of a linear turn-based action game than a real RPG. For now, I'm sticking with Fallout 3 for my RPG needs (I've scarcely begun tapping into the new quests in the GOTY edition). Maybe I'll check out DAO once I'm done tapping out FO3.

It's sad that in the same year as Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 2, Square was unable to put out an RPG that reminds us that Japan can make good RPGs too. Maybe if I find FFXIII in a bargain bin I'll buy it, but it's looking more like a rental than anything else. Seriously Square, WTF? Sometiimes I think you are too Japanese for your own good. It's like they forgot the game part in Role Playing Game, and there's not a whole lot of role playing either.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#2 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

You based this thread off of the complaints of others?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Rent it, see what you think. That's all I can say, then come back an address that, I suppose.:P

88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

this year's Resident Evil 5 maybe?

dunno i haven't played it

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

so far it's my game of the year ....

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5467 Posts

You based this thread off of the complaints of others?

zarshack
Yeah i know i am getting a headache reading this stuff. Look TC people bash popular games for the sake of it especially JRPGs recently take it with a pinch of salt and play the game its great fun. I would go as far as calling you out as a Troll posting stuff like this on System Wars when it has NOTHING to do with the systems. This FF13 has Hunt Missions a wide open expanse etc etc its built a lot like 12 in that respect tho the story is more on rails than before. You can later in the game develop the characters in the roles that suit you. This aint DAO you dont get Text choices its more like an interactive story. But then again seeing as you have played other FF games you would know that right?
dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts

da_illest101
but unfortuantly you gave ME2 a 1/10 which renders your opinion worthless imo. no game deserves a 1/10. you clearly did that to bring down the average user score thus making you seem like a 12 year old fanboy.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
I've only played a couple of hours, but I am pretty underwhelmed. Still not going to make a judgment until I finish it though.
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

One quote I see floating arouind that I agree with is: "running in a straigt line never looked so pretty."
That pretty well sums up this game imo.

kokolima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kokolima
Member since 2004 • 46 Posts

I think you should definitely give it a chance and play it yourself, don't let others dissuade you.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

My brother has had it pre-ordered since who knows how long, yet it is gathering dust on a shelf because he's more excited about the Dragon Age expansion.

I think he bought it just out of habit, getting new FFs as they come out.

I suppose Cows are happy it did go cross platform. If this was a exclusive, and people were underwhelmed, SW would have a field day.

ichiban30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ichiban30
Member since 2008 • 384 Posts

i liked it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

I think it's a fantastic game. Does it go in a different direction that other FF's? Definately. Is that a disappointment? Certainly is to a few people, however i'm loving it.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
Personally? No way. I'm having a lot of fun with the game so far. I don't really get all the complaining, myself. :?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lundy86_4

Personally? No way. I'm having a lot of fun with the game so far. I don't really get all the complaining, myself. :?Skittles_McGee

Agreed. Even the confusing story at the beginning is rendered moot with the inclusion of the datalog. People obviously feel they know what's best :P

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#16 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Its not a dissapointment at all to me. In fact its better then I expected.

Its the best Final Fantasy game since FF8 imo.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

This game not "play for itself", people saing that you need to press only X on battle, but:

1. You always did that in other FF games, pressing exact same commands all over, FFXIII simply makes this easier

2. Battle still need your thinking you need to know what to pick (set abilities as defult battle command if you don't like auto) and where to switch roles or else you will die quick

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#18 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

My brother has had it pre-ordered since who knows how long, yet it is gathering dust on a shelf because he's more excited about the Dragon Age expansion.

I suppose Cows are happy it did go cross platform. If this was a exclusive, and people were underwhelmed, SW would have a field day.

AnnoyedDragon

The new Dragon Age Expasion is fantastic btw ;)

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sky-
Member since 2010 • 4682 Posts

You should probably try and play it before marking it off as a dissapointment.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Timstuff

AnnoyedDragon
Can't say I disagree. Since the game is being heralded as a disappointment its in the Sony fans' best interest to bring the Xbox fans in on their misery. If this were a PS3 exclusive then they'd have to either defend it or admit that one of their exclusives is a disappointment. Honestly though, I don't think that this game will be my cup of tea, even if I do give it a chance. I couldn't get into FFX because I thought it was too linear, and FFXIII is pretty much FFX to the Nth degree from what it sounds like, and practically the only things that came over from FFXII are the things I didn't like. The only side quests are monster hunts, there are no mini games, and worst of all you can only play the game if you're going to play it exactly the way the developer did. Square really dropped the ball here. While recent western RPGs are focusing on building a more and more immersive experience, FFXIII is focusing more and more on simplifying them and making the graphics flashier. If I have to choose between DAO's great gameplay and crap graphics or FFXIII's gorgeous graphics and non-existent gameplay, I think I'll pick DAO. If FFXIII were a Wii game, it would have nothing going for it.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I grew tired of it 15 hours in, but I wouldn't say it was terrible. But playing it does involve a high tolerance of tedium. but there is some brilliance in there somewhere.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Timstuff

Also, another thing that's of concern to me-- sites like Gamespot can't afford to give the game less than an 8 without Square threatening to pull their advertising, and they're the ones that the game is gathering the most praise from. Smaller websites like Screw Attack and Kotaku are speaking negatively about the game, and we haven't gotten a review from Giantbomb yet. Also, the positive reviews tend to praise the game from a technical standpoint while avoiding discussing the gameplay, but Craig at Screw Attack pretty much tore the game a new one when he said that there's nothing there in terms of eithe gameplay or story. The story part is obviously up for debate, but I was not happy when I head that he was able to chat on facebook during battles because all he was doing was pressing one button over and over again.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#23 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

Possibly. Friends of mine who are long time FF fans said they were massively disappointed in almost everything, it's why I opted to get WKC over it for the time being, I probably won't pick it up until late in the summer.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
... lol too linear.. We can sum that up with the vast majority of Final Fantasy games..
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tiefster

Also, another thing that's of concern to me-- right now, all the good reviews are coming from the websites that can't afford to give the game less than an 8 without Square threatening to pull their advertising. Smaller websites like Screw Attack and Kotaku are speaking negatively about the game, and we haven't gotten a review from Giantbomb yet. Also, the positive reviews tend to praise the game from a technical standpoint while avoiding discussing the gameplay, but Craig at Screw Attack pretty much tore the game a new one when he said that there's nothing there in terms of eithe gameplay or story. The story part is obviously up for debate, but I was not happy when I head that he was able to chat on facebook during battles because all he was doing was pressing one button over and over again.

Timstuff
Yeah everyone I've talked to said it's an X pushing fest, even moreso than FF12. Apparently all micromanagement is gone.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Skittles_McGee

Also, another thing that's of concern to me-- sites like Gamespot can't afford to give the game less than an 8 without Square threatening to pull their advertising, and they're the ones that the game is gathering the most praise from. Smaller websites like Screw Attack and Kotaku are speaking negatively about the game, and we haven't gotten a review from Giantbomb yet. Also, the positive reviews tend to praise the game from a technical standpoint while avoiding discussing the gameplay, but Craig at Screw Attack pretty much tore the game a new one when he said that there's nothing there in terms of eithe gameplay or story. The story part is obviously up for debate, but I was not happy when I head that he was able to chat on facebook during battles because all he was doing was pressing one button over and over again.

Timstuff
Yeah, all of us in this thread liking the game were paid off by Square. How did you know?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lundy86_4

Timstuff

Link to Square threatening to pull advertising. Seriously, don't postulate on such absurdities.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Timstuff
[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

Also, another thing that's of concern to me-- right now, all the good reviews are coming from the websites that can't afford to give the game less than an 8 without Square threatening to pull their advertising. Smaller websites like Screw Attack and Kotaku are speaking negatively about the game, and we haven't gotten a review from Giantbomb yet. Also, the positive reviews tend to praise the game from a technical standpoint while avoiding discussing the gameplay, but Craig at Screw Attack pretty much tore the game a new one when he said that there's nothing there in terms of eithe gameplay or story. The story part is obviously up for debate, but I was not happy when I head that he was able to chat on facebook during battles because all he was doing was pressing one button over and over again.

Tiefster
Yeah everyone I've talked to said it's an X pushing fest, even moreso than FF12. Apparently all micromanagement is gone.

See, I put up with the "simplified" combat in FFXII because the strategy was still there, it's just that it was based around micromanagement rather than timing and specific choices. The micromanagement worked well, because it felt like I had control over all the characters at once, and the fact that it happened in real time added a bit of excitement to it. The traditional battle system had an element of real time as well, but I felt that FFXII's system was something special, and I would have liked to see it refined. Even if they did go back to turn based battles though, it should not have been the X mashing fest that FFXIII is alleged to be.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tiefster
... lol too linear.. We can sum that up with the vast majority of Final Fantasy games.. sSubZerOo
Well no FF game is like 13 from what I'm hearing, even though JRPGs are traditionally linear, 13 takes steps backwards, by not including the advances SE made with the franchise over the years. I think it's safe to say they put out an ultra simplified game in a bid to appeal to more gamers. Also, linearity isn't a problem, most RPGs are linear, they just trick you into thinking you actually have a choice by adding a karma system of some crap. Having two set endings (one good and one evil) is about as dull as having one mediocre ending.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Timstuff

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

lundy86_4

Link to Square threatening to pull advertising. Seriously, don't postulate on such absurdities.

Absurd, eh? Do you honestly think that with a game this big there's NO possibility that if a big site like Gamespot were to give the game a 6.0, they'd get an angry letter from Square's advertising department? Just look at what happened with Kane & Lynch. The easiest way to make sure that that doesn't happen is to give the game at least an 8, because that way no-one's feelings will get hurt and they don't have to worry about advertisers bailing. Smaller sites are more likely to be honest about a huge release like this, and if they are speaking negatively about it then that tells me something fishy is going on.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#31 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

one of the best games of the year imo...

so far of the 2010 games i've played.

1. Mass Effect 2

2. God of War 3 (very very close second)

3. Bad Company 2

4. Final Fantasy XIII

5. Heavy Rain

6. Bioshock 2

7. Dante's Inferno (worst game....)

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

Timstuff

Absurd, eh? Do you honestly think that with a game this big there's NO possibility that if a big site like Gamespot were to give the game a 6.0, they'd get an angry letter from Square's advertising department? Just look at what happened with Kane & Lynch. The easiest way to make sure that that doesn't happen is to give the game at least an 8, because that way no-one's feelings will get hurt and they don't have to worry about advertisers bailing. Smaller sites are more likely to be honest about a huge release like this, and if they are speaking negatively about it then that tells me something fishy is going on.

It is an absurdity unless proven. Advertisement is advertisement, and will no doubt pull in more sales. Seems more like you are into conspiracy theories than dealing with facts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

I'm really disappointed with what I'm hearing about this game.

Timstuff
Not much point to this thread if this is the basis, eh?
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I find that the preconceived notions of what a JRPG and what an FF game should be have barred real discussion on the quality and merit of the game. The design choices that the game makes are often times in fact very progressive for the series and JRPGs, but elements of the design choice (The constricted layout of dungeons for example) has been rather unpopular, often because they differ from perceptions based on the 3 games released over a decade ago on the playstation.

Reviews don't know what to make of this game, mostly because of different priorities. Some reviews value the changes to the battle system and say FFXIII is "great for what it is." Other reviews can't get over the fact that towns don't operate as shopping hubs the same as they used to.

If anything, it's telling of expecations and the "mind" of the industry. When RE4 completely throws the Survival Horror gameplay of previous titles out the window and provides a FAR more linear experience it's met with praise and the "greatest RE game ever." When FFXIII slightly changes the formula, it's suddenly the worst FF to date - especially because it's so "linear" (although it is no more linear than FFX which was met with praise).

---

As for my opinion, it's easily my favorite game this gen - but I own 4 PS3 games total so that can be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, I do have problems with it's cutscene direction, story direction, and English translation. Replaying it, my opnion changed regarding the linearity; I find that the game had opportunities to build less linear maps and provide more downtime, but just didn't take it. Although I wouldn't suggest this be done in the form of "towns" or a "world map."

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

Timstuff

Let me get this straight. You've never played the game, and you're making conspiracy theories that the game must be bad because some smaller review sources have criticized it more heavily. Which would mean that in order to praise the game, one would have to form their opinion on the game based on how they actually felt, not some "endorsement". Am I correct so far? So essentially, what you are saying, is there is some massive conspiracy going on where everyone is being paid to say positive things about FF13, and your proof is some small groups criticized it more heavily. Along with this reasoning you're saying the only way, again, to praise the game is to be paid off to say so. Yet me and some others who actually bought the game with our own money, who are not reviewers, are praising it. Explain our praise then. No on second thought don't. You haven't even played the game you're forming some damned grand conspiracy theory on. I would recommend just letting this one go. For your sake.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Timstuff

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lundy86_4

It is an absurdity unless proven. Advertisement is advertisement, and will no doubt pull in more sales. Seems more like you are into conspiracy theories than dealing with facts.

You can call it absurd as much as you want, but I suggest you look the term up in the dictionary, because my suspicions are not unreasonable (IMO, of course). Smaller publications are saying the game disappoints, and bigger ones are praising it for technical achievement without talking much about gameplay. The small publications don't have to worry about having advertising pulled if they give the game less than an 8, but the big ones do. I am not making an accusation, I am merely saying that I'm suspicious about how unbiased the scores from the big sites are are.

Again, I am not saying that Square bought and paid for their reviews. If the game were getting 10's from the big sites, then I'd be suspicious of that. What I am suspicious of is the possibility that big sites like Gamespot are scared of having their advertising pulled, so they don't want to give the game a score that would offend Square. Companies tend to complain when their game gets lower than an 8.0, and if it's a huge release from a big company, that means that the big site has a lot more to worry about since the publisher controls a lot more advertising space. It's not about bribing, it's about the site not wanting to have the rug pulled out from under them if the publisher gets mad.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]... lol too linear.. We can sum that up with the vast majority of Final Fantasy games.. Tiefster
Well no FF game is like 13 from what I'm hearing, even though JRPGs are traditionally linear, 13 takes steps backwards, by not including the advances SE made with the franchise over the years. I think it's safe to say they put out an ultra simplified game in a bid to appeal to more gamers. Also, linearity isn't a problem, most RPGs are linear, they just trick you into thinking you actually have a choice by adding a karma system of some crap. Having two set endings (one good and one evil) is about as dull as having one mediocre ending.

From what you're hearing. But really, the design in FFXIII is no less linear than the design in FFX. FFXIII actually offers more player freedom in regard to exploring the world and providing opportunities to explore maps. The minimap and the fact that FFXIII locations are self contained within a single map can make things seem less linear when other games separated them into separate maps and didn't show you how linear the path you were following was.

I don't think we can call FFXIII "casualized" when it's easily the most difficult FF game since FFV.

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#38 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

No, not for me and other fans that actually like the game :? You haven't even played the game, so that doesn't exactly make this the truth (but you probably weren't stating it as truth, so I won't complain any about that). I really like the game, I think it has a fantastic battle system, great music, good story (yes, I actually really like it) and gorgeous graphics. So far, it's competing with BS2 for GotY.

Just to show how diverse opinion is, I don't think FO3 is that brilliant, personally. Actually, I find it a bit boring. I also personally think the Japanese are far better at making RPGs then Western folks. Opinion, yes?

XanaduTheBand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 XanaduTheBand
Member since 2005 • 2971 Posts
It's a fun game. I think it's one of the better JRPG fighting systems and it isn't super easy which is nice for a change. The graphics, sound, and ambiance are superb. I'm sorry but the music just isn't getting me at all. I'm a fan of being able to grind in RPGs (western and otherwise) and I'm glad you can in this game because I like to max out characters. The story is one of the worst ever and the characters are forgetable except for lightening. I think the story and characters go hand in hand so that's probably the reason for that. I can be honest and say I'm only on the beginning of disc 2 so it may pick up though I'm not holding my breath. I think that 8/10 is a fair score. ME2 is much better pretty much on every level save for perhaps technical visuals though I think that the art direction in ME2 is largely better. It's the RPG to beat this gen so far in my opinion.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

Tiefster

FFXIII arguably requires the most player attention and input in the series. At least since the older games. Most FF games can be beat by pressing "x" over and over through the majority of the battles and healing occaisonally. In FFXIII, if you don't use the paradigm shifts (L1) often, chances are you will die very quickly or take an inordinate amount of time to finish battles. When people complain about "x" mashing in FFXIII, they complain about an auto-battle feature that was added in after the demo was released, probably to speed up testing and provide players who complained about having to select 4 commands in one turn an oportunity to just rely on paradigm shifts and the AI. People who complain about "x" mashing in FFXIII are probably 1. disingenuous and 2. unwilling to turn the "auto" battle feature off.

Micromanagement was always a falsehood designed to promote grinding. Because it's not possible to play the game "better" in order to use less resources (you're going to get hit no matter what, unlike a Resident Evil game where micromanaging make sense), it's just an excuse to force the player to grind more in order to have the gil to fund the potions and ethers that the player needs. It also encourages holding back and the very "x mashing" (because magic is too precious to waste) that FFXIII is being unfairly accused of.

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#41 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

I grew tired of it 15 hours in, but I wouldn't say it was terrible. But playing it does involve a high tolerance of tedium. but there is some brilliance in there somewhere.

heretrix

I kind of agree with that statement. Some of the dungeons in the game seem to go on forever; especially in the second half of the game. The only other thing that truly ticked me off was the final boss using an "instant death" ability. Nothing like getting him down to almost no health, all characters at full health and then having that ability used on the lead character. Sloppy.

Besides those issues, I'm enjoying the game.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Timstuff"] Absurd, eh? Do you honestly think that with a game this big there's NO possibility that if a big site like Gamespot were to give the game a 6.0, they'd get an angry letter from Square's advertising department? Just look at what happened with Kane & Lynch. The easiest way to make sure that that doesn't happen is to give the game at least an 8, because that way no-one's feelings will get hurt and they don't have to worry about advertisers bailing. Smaller sites are more likely to be honest about a huge release like this, and if they are speaking negatively about it then that tells me something fishy is going on.

Timstuff

You can call it absurd as much as you want, but I suggest you look the term up in the dictionary, because my suspicions are not unreasonable (IMO, of course). Smaller publications are saying the game disappoints, and bigger ones are praising it for technical achievement without talking much about gameplay. The small publications don't have to worry about having advertising pulled if they give the game less than an 8, but the big ones do. I am not making an accusation, I am merely saying that I'm suspicious about how unbiased the scores from the big sites are are.

Again, I am not saying that Square bought and paid for their reviews. If the game were getting 10's from the big sites, then I'd be suspicious of that. What I am suspicious of is the possibility that big sites like Gamespot are scared of having their advertising pulled, so they don't want to give the game a score that would offend Square. Companies tend to complain when their game gets lower than an 8.0, and if it's a huge release from a big company, that means that the big site has a lot more to worry about since the publisher controls a lot more advertising space. It's not about bribing, it's about the site not wanting to have the rug pulled out from under them if the publisher gets mad.

Actually, it seems you do not understand the meaning of the word, as it does not have to be used as an extreme. It can be used in the context of being "unsound", which your statement was.

There was no fact to your statement, it was all simply assumption.

You seem to be looking for conspiracy theories in this instance, so I suggest you play the game and draw your own conclusions.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

So far its great but very far from being the best FF and even not the best JRPG this generation guess that title still belongs to Lost odyssey at least for me.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

im finding it fun *shrugs* im not dissapointed.The biggest dissapointment of late and possibly this gen was MW2...so much potential with weak gameplay and crammed to the brim with bugs and poorly designed MP.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

da_illest101

Aren't you that guy who hates on Bayonetta for having good gameplay?

ChaltierX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ChaltierX
Member since 2009 • 1128 Posts

Well, I'm really enjoying it so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts

this year's Resident Evil 5 maybe?

dunno i haven't played it

88mphSlayer
I liked RE5. :(
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
Im 40 hours into the game. Let me say, its the *BEST* Final Fantasy game yet, words cant describe how much i love this game. If any of you are wondering, ive played all Final Fantasy's except 1-3.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#49 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Im 40 hours into the game. Let me say, its the *BEST* Final Fantasy game yet, words cant describe how much i love this game. If any of you are wondering, ive played all Final Fantasy's except 1-3.djsifer01
1 is good, 2 is one of the worst, and 3, well, I don't know about that one.

Avatar image for Chemical_Viking
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 Chemical_Viking
Member since 2010 • 2145 Posts

I'm warming to it now. In spite of square enix's best efforts to annoy me.

Hope is a whiny, miserable, meek little character. His only motivation so far is yelling at Snow, who he percieves at not saving his Mum. He has had several opportunities to yell at Snow, and has not done it, so sulked his way through about 10 hours so far, saying or doing nothing of interest. Lightening is miserable and unreasonable. They're trying too hard to make her "cool" and "edgy", she has no personality. Just punching people for no reason, acting sullen, abandoning people in the lurch and saying little or nothing of interest. Vanille is a squeaky, yappy nonsense creature. Sazh has no backstory that I know of yet. He does have an afro with a bird in it. No I don't know why. The only character so far with a modicum of interest to me is Snow, and he is no Geralt of Rivera.

Graphics good. Game a slow burner, getting better. I sincerely hope the characters develop SOMETHING in the next few hours.