FF Type-0 coming to PC (It's official)

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/final-fantasy-type-o-coming-to-pc-will-be-demonstrated-on-msis-laptops-at-computex/

I totally didn't see that coming.

Nope. Unbelievable. Can't say i expected this.

What's next? FFXV? Impossible

Edit: http://twitter.com/finalfantasy

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PC/Steam with new graphical options, improved battle & camera controls and more! More info coming soon!

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

You didn't see this coming?

You mean to tell me that you didn't notice Square slowly start releasing nearly every Final Fantasy on Steam for like this past year?

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Boo! Where is Lightning Returns?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DEadliNE-Zero0
@LegatoSkyheart said:

You didn't see this coming?

You mean to tell me that you didn't notice Square slowly start releasing nearly every Final Fantasy on Steam for like this past year?

sarcasm, how does it work? Unless this si also sarcasm. Is it?

@Legend002 said:

Boo! Where is Lightning Returns?

Getting worked on for the FF13 Trilogy on consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Without the XV demo it's not worth it. Game is the epitome of mediocre.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Jeez just announce FFXV for PC, square. We all know you want to

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Maybe someone will be able to fix the atrocious camera for the PC version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

I honestly couldn't even bear to play it after the tutorial mission.. As soon as you hear that terrible voice acting and that non-nonsensical script/plot, you just know the entire game is going to be like that. If I even bothered to continue to play this god awful game, I get the feeling I will just be face palming on a regular basis and thinking to myself "what the hell have they done to the Final Fantasy franchise?!". I really don't want to suffer 50+ hours of thinking how they're totally rekt one of my favourite franchises. I already experienced it with FFXIII. I'm not sure there is any hope for this franchise anymore. The magic is totally gone.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@lostrib said:

E3 my friend..E3.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I tried getting that laptop yesterday

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Thanks for reminding me, I should go list my copy on Craigslist

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

PLEASE BUY IT!!!

The more people buying Final Fantasy the better that means we can surely secure having a sequel to this awesome game.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib

@finalstar2007 said:

PLEASE BUY IT!!!

The more people buying Final Fantasy the better that means we can surely secure having a sequel to this awesome game.

what if it's not awesome

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@lostrib said:
@finalstar2007 said:

PLEASE BUY IT!!!

what if it's not awesome

Buy it and you'll find out ;)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lostrib

@finalstar2007 said:
@lostrib said:
@finalstar2007 said:

PLEASE BUY IT!!!

what if it's not awesome

that seems like a terrible idea

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:
@lostrib said:
@finalstar2007 said:

PLEASE BUY IT!!!

what if it's not awesome

how bout you buy us copies to see how awesome it is?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I'm assuming Square is starting to port all of their games to the PC. I'm expecting Final Fantasy 15 on the PC eventually. Not at launch, but eventually.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

SE sure showing the love to PC more and more these days.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DEadliNE-Zero0

@finalfantasy94 said:

Well, assuming the port isn't fucked to hell like 13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@lawlessx said:
@lostrib said:

E3 my friend..E3.

No way. If it does come they won't announce it until after release because they know people will gladly double dip for it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@finalfantasy94 said:

Love of money....not PC.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#22  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:
@lawlessx said:
@lostrib said:

E3 my friend..E3.

No way. If it does come they won't announce it until after release because they know people will gladly double dip for it.

This. Squenix always waits until after the console versions are released before announcing the PC version. They know that announcing a PC version too soon could hurt sales for the console versions.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic

@Jag85 said:
@Aljosa23 said:

This. Squenix always waits until after the console versions are released before announcing the PC version. They know that announcing a PC version too soon could hurt sales for the console versions.

Or more likely they haven't begun work on it yet so announcing it is premature. Console gamers buy games on consoles.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@Aljosa23 said:
@lawlessx said:
@lostrib said:

E3 my friend..E3.

Are we solely talking about FF here? Because Square Enix have release most of their big games on PC the same day as console.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:
@lawlessx said:
@lostrib said:

E3 my friend..E3.

Double dip on what? How would SE even know people would double dip on a series that was hardly ever on the PC.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jag85

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jag85 said:
@Aljosa23 said:

Or more likely they haven't begun work on it yet so announcing it is premature. Console gamers buy games on consoles.

Multi-plat gamers buy games on consoles & PC. If they know a superior PC version is releasing, then they might not get the inferior console version. But the other way around, if they get the inferior console version first, then they could still get the superior PC version afterwards, bringing in more potential revenue.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheFadeForever

@DarthRamms said:
@Jag85 said:

Are we solely talking about FF here? Because Square Enix have release most of their big games on PC the same day as console.

The flaw in their logic is FF never had a strong presence on the PC with their games being release years and years later. Why would SE be afraid it would cut into console sales if their was never a huge fanbase of their games on PC. Its not like most people who had played the games on console for years all of a sudden switch to the PC.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Jag85 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jag85 said:

Multi-plat gamers buy games on consoles & PC. If they know a superior PC version is releasing, then they might not get the inferior console version. But the other way around, if they get the inferior console version first, then they could still get the superior PC version afterwards, bringing in more potential revenue.

Not true. I prefer gaming on a console. So that is the first choice for me. And for many others. You can speak for yourself but not everyone. In addition who said we were talking about multi plat gamers? You certainly did not.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@Crossel777 said:

I honestly couldn't even bear to play it after the tutorial mission.. As soon as you hear that terrible voice acting and that non-nonsensical script/plot, you just know the entire game is going to be like that. If I even bothered to continue to play this god awful game, I get the feeling I will just be face palming on a regular basis and thinking to myself "what the hell have they done to the Final Fantasy franchise?!". I really don't want to suffer 50+ hours of thinking how they're totally rekt one of my favourite franchises. I already experienced it with FFXIII. I'm not sure there is any hope for this franchise anymore. The magic is totally gone.

was the ff15 demo that bad too or just type zero? i agree with the rest of your post but i not played either games yet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@TheFadeForever said:
@Aljosa23 said:
@lawlessx said:
@lostrib said:

E3 my friend..E3.

Double dip on what? How would SE even know people would double dip on a series that was hardly ever on the PC.

Because it's Final Fantasy. The series also has a decent presence on PC in recent history even though I don't think that's necessarily relevant to its success. Dark Souls never had a game before on PC but the release of the Prepare To Die edition was hugely successful.

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jag85 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jag85 said:

Not true. I prefer gaming on a console. So that is the first choice for me. And for many others. You can speak for yourself but not everyone. In addition who said we were talking about multi plat gamers? You certainly did not.

I was clearly talking about multi-platform gamers when I said "double dip". You can't double dip on a game if you only own one platform. And I agree with what he said - it makes more business sense to announce the game later rather than risk cannibalizing sales on the console version. You can prefer whatever you like but he isn't wrong from a general perspective.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jag85

@TheFadeForever said:
@DarthRamms said:
@Jag85 said:

The flaw in their logic is FF never had a strong presence on the PC with their games being release years and years later. Why would SE be afraid it would cut into console sales if their was never a huge fanbase of their games on PC.

FFVII has sold about 900,000 copies on Steam, and that's for an old PS1 port. FFXV would sell a lot more than that on PC. There is a large potential audience there.

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jag85 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jag85 said:
@Aljosa23 said:

Not true. I prefer gaming on a console. So that the first choice for me. And for many others. You can speak for yourself but not everyone.

Likewise, you can only speak for yourself, not everyone else. Just as you prefer gaming on consoles, there are others who prefer gaming on PC, and still others who game on both equally. If Squenix are smart, they'd try to reach as wide an audience as possible, which would mean not limiting themselves to any specific audience, but catering to different audiences. Like Aljosa23 said, there is potential for a double-dip among multi-plat gamers.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Ugggh **** FF Type-O. Bought that game and still haven't finished it, probably never will.

I actually want Lightning Returns on PC. I heard it was a bad game, but I thought it always looked interesting to me.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

Ugggh **** FF Type-O. Bought that game and still haven't finished it, probably never will.

I actually want Lightning Returns on PC. I heard it was a bad game, but I thought it always looked interesting to me.

I found it to be good just not amazing. I still need to try type-0. I have it,but havent felt like digging in yet.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

eh, I think I'll be skipping on this. I'm done with the whole "support Japanese gaming on Steam out of principle thing." The audience is either there for it or not.

Will probably pick up for real cheap during a Steam sale.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

guess FF XV coming to PC soon

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

And here i was, ready to blame Lightning Returns' release limbo on the people who complained about FFXIII.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@lostrib said:

If they did that... I'd almost be willing to wait for the PC version.. almost. :P

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheFadeForever

@Aljosa23 said:
@TheFadeForever said:
@Aljosa23 said:
@lawlessx said:
@lostrib said:

E3 my friend..E3.

Because it's Final Fantasy. The series also has a decent presence on PC in recent history even though I don't think that's necessarily relevant to its success. Dark Souls never had a game before on PC but the release of the Prepare To Die edition was hugely successful.

I was clearly talking about multi-platform gamers when I said "double dip". You can't double dip on a game if you only own one platform. And I agree with what he said - it makes more business sense to announce the game later rather than risk cannibalizing sales on the console version. You can prefer whatever you like but he isn't wrong from a general perspective.

You mean releasing their games years after release and I don't mean in one or two years on the PC.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts
@finalstar2007 said:

PLEASE BUY IT!!!

Final Fantasy is crap. Pillars of Eternity and Tides of Numenera obliterate it.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@finalstar2007 said:

PLEASE BUY IT!!!

If there's no XV Demo, many people won't. Let's not kid ourselves, Type-0 sold atleast half it's units thanks to that demo.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#43 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@lostrib said:

Yeah, Square needs to stop bullshitting and announce the damn thing lol. So I don't have to double dip. >_> (those bastards)

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@walloftruth said:
@jhonMalcovich said:
@finalstar2007 said:

PLEASE BUY IT!!!

Final Fantasy is crap. Pillars of Eternity and Tides of Numenera obliterate it.

How dare you to reuse my gif.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

I expect in the fullness of time the PC will also see releases of FFX | X-2 HD and FFXV. And I don't mean years and years after the console release, but a matter of months. FF games sell on the PC and it would be mad not to make PC versions when the console base for this generation are so similar to the PC. I've been saying it for a while and the only thing keeping SE from following through has been a puzzling lack of commonsense.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
@Jag85 said:
@Aljosa23 said:
@lawlessx said:
@lostrib said:

E3 my friend..E3.

That doesn't make sense to me in the slightest. The PC is just another platform and another consumer base to sell to, and one that regular consumers don't consider competing with home consoles. Square-Enix hasn't ever made a tactical gambit of delaying a PC release of an FF game: they simply released them much later because the idea of a port never even came up, it was never a high priority to begin with or they flat out ignored the platform. And when SE have expressed significant interest in putting their games out on the PC the releases have been simulteaneous across all each respective platform.

The emphasis on double-dipping is overplayed TBH. I seriously doubt multiple copy sales account for a significant portion of total sales made in the first place.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I haven't had a desire to play a FF for quite some time.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
@Jag85 said:
@Aljosa23 said:
@lawlessx said:
@lostrib said:

E3 my friend..E3.

Double dip? PC versions of FFXIII and XIII-2 were cheap and it came very very late. This is not like GTA for PC. The purpose of the late ports was trying to understand the PC market for marketability/profitability of their JRPGs specifically FF. After all, they first released FFVII and VIII on Steam. They want to see whether releasing the PC version at the same time as the console versions will increase sales or going the Rockstar route might be better in the long run. I just hope they have learned things from their ports. Either they were very ignorant of PC gaming or were too lazy of their ports. Pressing Esc key on FFXIII apparently quits the game without any prompt and even with the patch a small window just appears to confirm quitting the game. I think it's standard for PC games that pressing Esc key brings up a menu of some sort. At the start, there were absolutely no graphical settings to speak of. Though they fixed it with the patch, it's still limited compared to other PC games.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@Articuno76 said:

I expect in the fullness of time the PC will also see releases of FFX | X-2 HD and FFXV. And I don't mean years and years after the console release, but a matter of months. FF games sell on the PC and it would be mad not to make PC versions when the console base for this generation are so similar to the PC. I've been saying it for a while and the only thing keeping SE from following through has been a puzzling lack of commonsense.

I've been saying the same about FFX, but it's not 100% certain. 13, type-0 and XV are on xbox. X isn't. Which is also pretty weird as to why SE didn't port i over at all.

it's not like sony owns the trademark so why not port it aswell? We'll have to wait and see, though, like i said, i do expect it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Snugenz said:

Maybe someone will be able to fix the atrocious camera for the PC version.

doubt it, its square... they don't know what a good port is.