Farcry 4 is Flop too ( 7.0 on GS ) lol.

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I think Kevin gets a boner when he flops things.....

This seems oxymoronic...

OT: Oh well. I'll still get it.

Lol

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

@indzman said:

@babycakin said:

@clyde46 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@babycakin said:

@Heil68 said:

Awful story, awful characters, questionable themes?

How is it technically compared to Unity?

I still want to play it.

And because of gamers like you, we'll always have to settle with mediocrity. It is a 7.0 game so I guess I can't argue with you like I did with Unity, but keep buying mediocrity and Ubisoft will keep on churning them. Disgusting.

Why is it because people play what they enjoy we're stuck with mediocrity?

Isn't the point of games to play them and enjoy them? Sorry but this statement is completely wrong.

People can buy whatever the hell they want.

It means that devs don't need to push themselves to make products that sell. COD is a prime example of a cut-paste job year on year that continues to sell.

Exactly. I admit, I gave @Heil68 sh!t for the wrong game, Far Cry 4 prolly still good we'll see. But Assassin's Creed Unity THOUGH?! That game got so much criticism, yet gamers gobble it up. Now next year's edition is probably going to be something even worse. But the fact remains, yes you can play what you want but don't cry when the game gets really bad. Why should developers continue to try if whatever they sh!t out, you just buy it. Is it going to take a 2/10 like Sonic to get the point across. This is why we can't have nice and beautiful things.

I agree

But one can't stop gamers from playing what they wish to play. For example in OCT AC Unity, Rouge, FC 4 came out. If they don't buy and play these games, what else they gonna play? Its not that more AAA games released on OCT apart from Dragon Age inquisition. But main thing is many gamers also ( Including me and you and others ) became cautious about Ubisoft games and stopped buying them day 1 for shitty optimisation or same old wine in a new bottle. Ubisoft not getting our money is a loss already for Ubisoft :)

THIS x a million. I applaud you good sir. Dragon Age Inquisition looks fantastic, worthy of many open wallets from gamers that like this kind of game. On the other hand, Sonic Boom can go to hell. Well at least people now see Ubisoft as mediocre crap, that at least gives me some hope in the gaming community.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#54 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58964 Posts

My gods.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#56  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@finalstar2007: There were a couple high scoring games this year. Just, none of them were on PlayStation.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@indzman said:

UBISOFT did it again thrice AC Unity, Rouge now Farcry 4 lol ( Also Watch Dogs in my personal opinion as it was pretty unoptimsed on PC and a mediocre sandbox game ).

In short review by Kevin : Awful story, awful characters, questionable themes.

Who's picking it up? I'll wait till price drop now.

Discuss :)

To be a flop there most be a hype thread where is Farcry 4 hype one.?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58964 Posts

@mr_wang-l0 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

My gods.

my bestest friend. since FC3 was so bad how can FC4 would be better? of anything its worse with AWFUL setting that didnot help, even worse characters than FC3.

Very excellent points. Probably the best. It appears pc has won via Divinity Original Sin as best game of years my friend.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#59 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

WTF .?

@indzman said:

In my opinion 2014 not so bad

BEST SHOOTER : WOLFENSTEIN THE NEW ORDER

TPS: THE EVIL WITHIN AND GTAV V ON NEXT GEN SYSTEMS

RPG: DARK SOULS II AND DRAGON AGE INQUISITION

ACTION ADVENTURE : SHADOW OF MORDOR

Incomplete list without Divinity .

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

This isn't a flop since there wasn't anyone hyping it 8+. It was a wait and see by all. A flop is when a game scores way below scoring expected by people. No one was expecting any score, therefore it isn't a flop. 7 is a decent score and not a flop score in and of itself either.

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#61 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

Oh well. I took COD AW and traded it it towards Dragon Age. Advanced Warefare SUCKS................ same scripted BS as every other COD before it. For all those who think there is nothing to play I would suggest a Wii U. I am playing through Super Mario 3D world and what a fantastic game. It a real breath of fresh air playing that. Between my PS4 and my Wii U I really have nothing to complain about. Was planning on getting this but now I dont think so.

I was also planning on getting a Xbox One but after the Halo review I am thinking not.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

I respect Kevin's opinion. I'm still buying since every reviewer says it's basically FC3 but with some new stuff.

I'm ok with that.

Also, how the **** can it flop when it didn't have a hype thread?

People on SW don't even know how teh rules works.

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

Disappointed, enjoyed 3 despite its minor flaws.

Will probably pick it up when its $15. On PS4 of course.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Seems enjoyable regardless of what they say, besides with everybody on an anti-Ubisoft kick I'd say I have to factor it into the score it's getting. Regardless of GS score, it did well on MetaCritic.

Why wait? If you're wanting a game like what Far Cry is offering there's really nothing else to substitute for it in the meantime. Complaints were about story, and IMO that doesn't matter to me much. Far Cry 2 for instance had a shit story but I rather liked it to a great degree due to gamepaly, though I'd say my biggest problems with it were the AI issues. Far Cry 3 remedied much of these AI issues, and even though it improved story it wasn't necessarily a requirement for me. Besides, only the first half of the story was interesting, the later half wasn't. Any story Far Cry 4 will have is already at a disadvantage coming from FC3's shroomy trip of a setting.

The idea of needing to reclaim outposts appeals to me, as in Far Cry 3 once you claim everything you really find there's not much else to do. Though, sure, the review claim that if this happens right after leaving the outpost then sure yeah I can see that as being annoying. However, given I found myself with less to do after capturing outposts in Far Cry 3, I like the idea of enemies recapturing them. Gives me more to do, capturing outposts is just fun by itself. However, the criticism is right if the games enemies really do recapture them only seconds after leaving.

If I'm truly disappointed about anything regarding this game though it's that they didn't bring back Far Cry 2's kind of day/night cycle, which was the best of any game I've played. They for some stupid reason got rid of this in Far Cry 3, rather the day night cycle acts like the day night cycle in Toon Town from Who Framed Roger Rabbit...

Loading Video...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@babycakin said:

@delta3074 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@babycakin said:

@Heil68 said:

I still want to play it.

And because of gamers like you, we'll always have to settle with mediocrity. It is a 7.0 game so I guess I can't argue with you like I did with Unity, but keep buying mediocrity and Ubisoft will keep on churning them. Disgusting.

Isn't the point of games to play them and enjoy them? Sorry but this statement is completely wrong.

Completely with you there dude, i actually enjoyed Too human, colonial marines and AVP.

Just because it's not the reviewers cup of tea doesn't mean it's not mine.

You can buy whatever you want but then you start acting like babies because the games slowly become worse. Why should Ubisoft even try if you keep buying them. Next time, it'll probably be Assassin's Creed: Beta, but who cares because you'll eat it up like mindless drones. What you should be getting is great quality games all the time, not semi garbage.

(OK, I admit Far Cry 4 is probably not that bad, but the Assassin's Creed debacle still upsets me)

Well, what franchises you like? Are Mario and Zelda games getting worse? What games in your eyes are getting better with each new game?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@clyde46 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@babycakin said:

@Heil68 said:

I still want to play it.

It means that devs don't need to push themselves to make products that sell. COD is a prime example of a cut-paste job year on year that continues to sell.

they will fail eventually.

As much as the naysayers and financial analysts are bleating about how COD is dying, its still selling in record numbers despite being the same game in a new skin every year and this time around they cut out the most popular part of the COD series "Zombies" so they could sell it back to you as DLC.... From a business standpoint that is fucking genius but from a consumer point of view its downright disgusting yet people still, still lap it up and then complain that COD hasn't changed...

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#67 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Looks fun ,,, with some bad choices and not OK story . Will pick it up sometime next year .

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 36

#68 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

...That's not a flop considering it's not changed much from FC3, actually it's not changed at all except with a few new ways of take downs, new transportations and an awesome setting. FC3.5. And btw the rest sites gave it higher scores, so I would call it overrated not a flop :P

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

@alcapello said:

@madsnakehhh said:

Do you realize that 7 means is a Good Game right?

Not in transitions phase after honeymoon.

Times are changing, and if ubisoft thing change means more of the same, then the 7 will shrink to a 6,and so forth.

That doesn't matter if the game is considered to be a Good Game.

All i'm saying is that a 7 is still a good game, and it's treated like if this was an unplayable mess, whenever it scores a 6, a 5 or even a 2, then we have problems.

I was thinking more like this:

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@indzman said:

Who's picking it up? I'll wait till price drop now.

Standard practice for ubisoft games

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Getting Dragon Age then. The only game being worth getting this month.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

The way he describes the story and characters makes the game sound like a Michael Bay movie.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@babycakin said:

@always_explicit said:

@babycakin said:

@Heil68 said:

I still want to play it.

The negatives in Kevins review are also entirely subjective and therefore down to individual personal preference. Just because He found some themes questionable does that mean me and @Heil68 give a shit?

Just because the characters are awful does that mean everybody will find them awful, is it possible they are intentionally unlikeble, over the top and created specifically to split the audience and the reviewer missed the joke like Carolyn and the misogyny nonsense with GTA V.

You cant criticise your fellow gamer for purchasing a product they want to play. Its their choice and ultimately them who gets lumbered with a potentially poor product. IF you feel that strongly continue to vote with your wallet and perhaps other people will follow suit.

Il be buying Farcry 4 because it looks fun. Couldnt care less about one reviewers ethical stance on the themes or how he feels about characterisation. I want to ride an elephant into a camp, flip some vehicles, detonate some mines and flee on a gyro copter. Is that wrong?

You're definitely not wrong. I am just still reeling about Assassin's Creed: Unity. I have lost this battle, but I'LL BE BACK!

Cant hold that against you there's no real excuse for releasing a broken game.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

After reading comments from the review and in this thread, it's obvious that people are stupid and can't think for themselves. The game is a flop by the meta game standards, but damn, people act like a 7 is garbage and that's just ridiculous.

It's one person's opinion and some of you guys act like it's suddenly "a bargain game" but if Kevin had raised the score by 1 or 2 points it would be "a must have game" ? How fucking idiotic?

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#75 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

This year has been a write-off. Time to start fresh with 2015.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@babycakin said:

@Heil68 said:

I still want to play it.

Back in the NES days, you could have called R.B.I Baseball "mediocre" compare to The Legend of Zelda, but it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the hell out of R.B.I

I also wouldn't call a 7 "mediocre". It's a decent score.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Actually after having read the review, this game is not bad. If I remember well, GS nagged F3 for its story as well, and in reality it was completely ok to me. I will check other reviews before stating my judgement. Besides 7 IS NOT a bad score.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

Actually after having read the review, this game is not bad. If I remember well, GS nagged F3 for its story as well, and in reality it was completely ok to me. I will check other before issuing my judgement.

It was a pretty lame story in FC3, but I doubt too many people care

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#79 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

As much as the naysayers and financial analysts are bleating about how COD is dying, its still selling in record numbers despite being the same game in a new skin every year and this time around they cut out the most popular part of the COD series "Zombies" so they could sell it back to you as DLC.... From a business standpoint that is fucking genius but from a consumer point of view its downright disgusting yet people still, still lap it up and then complain that COD hasn't changed...

While I do agree, I am a big believer in the free market. Let people piss away their money on what ever they wanna piss it away on

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

On a review stand point. What was Ubi's best rated title? Guessing Child of light.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

After they hit such a home run with Blood Dragon...we are back to this blah crap.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I knew this would happen, it is Farcry 3.5

If you liked Farcry 3 you will love this, but i can see and agree with the review score

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

I'm still looking forward to FC4, no game can appeal to everyone and sometimes a game gets a lower score because of the reviewer's ethical beliefs. Right now it's at 86 on metacritic and that's still pretty good. It's probably day 1 for me unless it really plummets on metacritic, then I might become hesitant and wait for a better deal later on.

Edit: Just ordered a copy, will probably get it in a day or so, hopefully amd's drivers work well for it right from the start.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@lostrib said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

Actually after having read the review, this game is not bad. If I remember well, GS nagged F3 for its story as well, and in reality it was completely ok to me. I will check other before issuing my judgement.

It was a pretty lame story in FC3, but I doubt too many people care

From what I've heard the game has 10 minute long unskippable cutscenes.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@clyde46 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

While I do agree, I am a big believer in the free market. Let people piss away their money on what ever they wanna piss it away on

As am I but the big problem with the free market is the majority have the buying power. When the masses move, the world shakes so to speak. You will never get people to vote their wallets in enough numbers to make a difference now, people today really don't give a shit about anything unless it affects them directly. They don't care about world issues as long as they get what they want, be it a new iPhone or the latest COD game.

Maybe I'm getting old before my time or maybe I'm being a hypocrite but people today are selfish fucks.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#86 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@always_explicit: exactly... what's messed up is people saying the game sucks because Kevin didnt like the story

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

A big world filled with ways to create your own excitement
Great economy keeps you moving and exploring

That's why I want FC4. I played FC3 over and over because of Reset Outpost mode, not the crap Jason SP campaign. If I can do that with FC4 then it's a must buy to me.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#88 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I'll still play it, when it's on sale of course, and after a get a PS4.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Doesn't sound like a bad score. Crysis 3 got around that, and I enjoyed the shit out of that on the PC. SP was better than Crysis 2s imo. In fact I was a little pissed. I held out on getting it because of that score and it was much better than the score made out.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#90 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

So I guess now is the time to go out and buy Far Cry 3?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#91 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

After reading comments from the review and in this thread, it's obvious that people are stupid and can't think for themselves. The game is a flop by the meta game standards, but damn, people act like a 7 is garbage and that's just ridiculous.

It's one person's opinion and some of you guys act like it's suddenly "a bargain game" but if Kevin had raised the score by 1 or 2 points it would be "a must have game" ? How fucking idiotic?

Welcome to system wars and the internet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#92 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

It's Ubisoft. They've been terrible since Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (with the exception of Far Cry 3). Now every AC game is a rehash and they've had a trend of downgrading games. Watch Dogs was mediocre.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@kuu2 said:

What does questionable themes mean?

WEED, MAN.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

Im going to wait on this and Unity. Just too many games coming out and GTA V + Dragon age are no brainers.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#95  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

From the previews of this game I hardly thought the characters were awful tbh, but maybe they get insufferable over time? They seemed pretty good to me.

This is no 7 from what I've seen. 8 sounds about right, and would have been my guess if we had a hype thread tbh.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Kevin V really dropped the ball on this review. Three blatant reasons

- This game reportedly runs and plays great, unlike AC:U which scored the same.

- Nobody plays a game for a good story, it's an apeshit dumb idea to rate a game by its story, people want good gameplay

- AC:U story sucks but didn't get a downgraded score for it

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@freedomfreak said:

A big world filled with ways to create your own excitement
Great economy keeps you moving and exploring

That's why I want FC4. I played FC3 over and over because of Reset Outpost mode, not the crap Jason SP campaign. If I can do that with FC4 then it's a must buy to me.

Indeed, that's what I came here to post. I caved in yesterday and purchased Far Cry 4, a great-looking fps sandbox game with great immersive environments, vehicles, and a varied animal population.....I never finished Far Cry 3, but I loved it for those reasons mostly, not its story. Oh, and being able to play campain with co-op online, huge plus.....looking forward to trying this in a few hours.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

So what was the expected score in SW?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points