Evidence PS4 is badly outselling X1

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=729088

Click on the link before replying. Not only is PS4 delivering more stock but they're selling faster. Sony is set to dominate this gen.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

you forgot the most important part of that link, the word "anecdotal." That really doesn't prove anything

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sagemode87

Of course I do, dont have enough space to type that.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sagemode87

@lostrib: its cool man, I just don't have enough space in the subject.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

Bullshit, you knew exactly what you were doing, you're allowed 60 characters for a title and with "anecdotal" at the start of your it would have come to 45 characters. You had room

You didn't even write it in the OP either.....

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

misleading thread title is misleading

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lostrib

@Sagemode87 said:

@lostrib: its cool man, I just don't have enough space in the subject.

Yeah you do, there's a whole first post to put that this is anecdotal evidence and is pretty much meaningless. Or you could have just not created the topic

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lostrib

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Bullshit, you knew exactly what you were doing, you're allowed 60 characters for a title and with "anecdotal" at the start of your it would have come to 45 characters. You had room

Lawyered

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

No, you're either sneaky or not smart.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're just not very smart.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Anecdotes, TC. Anecdotes. Which seems to have been shown... Good one, TC.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

That's nuts, gone in a few hours.

Here's a better link.

https://www.facebook.com/GameBelfast?fref=ts

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Desmonic said:

TC....do you know the meaning of the thread title you linked us to? Anecdotal Evidence, as in, it doesn't apply as a general rule, it's just a specific example that does not represent the whole.

It was based on a the facebook page of Game while anecdotal it show in that store that the PS4 is flying out of shelves,quite faster than the xbox one,in fact keep reading down a poster name Bishoptl yeah that one is an admin at GA and he claim something like it as well,while this is anecdotal one things is for sure sony has an impressive demand for the PS4 on their hand,and is actually bigger than demand for the xbox one.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lostrib

@tormentos said:

@Desmonic said:

TC....do you know the meaning of the thread title you linked us to? Anecdotal Evidence, as in, it doesn't apply as a general rule, it's just a specific example that does not represent the whole.

It was based on a the facebook page of Game while anecdotal it show in that store that the PS4 is flying out of shelves,quite faster than the xbox one,in fact keep reading down a poster name Bishoptl yeah that one admit and he claim something like it as well,while this is anecdotal one things is for sure sony has an impressive demand for the PS4 on their hand,and is actually bigger than demand for the xbox one.

If it's anecdotal, then how is it for sure. Perhaps the demand is greater in that one area/store but based just on that post you cannot draw a conclusion about worldwide demand

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

didn't someone post X1 sales at 3 million and PS4 at 2.1 million as facts (from sony and MS) already making this thread pointless and dumb and wrong

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

Click on the link before replying. Not only is PS4 delivering more stock but they're selling faster. Sony is set to dominate this gen.

LOL!

Cows gonna cow.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I though you said you had proof.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tormentos

@lostrib said:

If it's anecdotal, then how is it for sure. Perhaps the demand is greater in that one area/store but based just on that post you cannot draw a conclusion about worldwide demand

Lets see game sell games on UK where the PS4 in 48 hours destroyed every damn record ever done for sales,and passed the xbox one 2 weeks of sales numbers by almost 100k units in those same 48 hours,the you have a gift flaying all over the net,of people running like crazy to get the PS4 and not even looking at the xbox one.

Come on is anecdotal on something that is happening for real all over UK,US and the rest of EU.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Desmonic said:

It was based on a the facebook page of Game while anecdotal it show in that store that the PS4 is flying out of shelves,quite faster than the xbox one,in fact keep reading down a poster name Bishoptl yeah that one is an admin at GA and he claim something like it as well,while this is anecdotal one things is for sure sony has an impressive demand for the PS4 on their hand,and is actually bigger than demand for the xbox one.

whilst the same cant be said for my local game in the major town of Falkirk,Scotland we are looking at roughly January for folks like me to get their hands on their consoles at the minute.

Its the only game store in town aswell not to mention bout the only retailer in this town that actually deals with this outside tesco and asda.The point stands though this evidence is total horse crap.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

The only real evidence will be when actual worldwide sales release starting in 2014. Until then no one can tell, because christmas skews sales too much. Xbox sells like crazy 2 months leading up to christmas and playstation sells better all year round.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By clr84651

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I though you said you had proof.

TC lied. But we all should've known that. No one knows anything until sometime in early 2014.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I can't point to fact for both in my personal area I was able to walk into GameStop on Black Friday at noon and buy a xbox one no problem or for the ps4 a few days later my target had 3 in case in evening. Doesn't really mean anything in the big picture which is selling better over all.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

I dont know why people are fighting for sales. You can quote me now, both systems will sale just about the same by the end of the gen, it wont even matter who won first place.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostrib

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

Lets see game sell games on UK where the PS4 in 48 hours destroyed every damn record ever done for sales,and passed the xbox one 2 weeks of sales numbers by almost 100k units in those same 48 hours,the you have a gift flaying all over the net,of people running like crazy to get the PS4 and not even looking at the xbox one.

Come on is anecdotal on something that is happening for real all over UK,US and the rest of EU.

Then provide actual evidence, not some anecdotes from facebook/neogaf

Fishsticklover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28 Fishsticklover
Member since 2013 • 252 Posts

Bububu anecdotal LOL, this is happening everywhere Lems, face the facts

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lostrib

@Nengo_Flow said:

I dont know why people are fighting for sales. You can quote me now, both systems will sale just about the same by the end of the gen, it wont even matter who won first place.

that would be my guess as well, unless something radically changes

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Sagemode87 said:

You didn't even write it in the OP either.....

Well, that didn't last long...

/thread

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By clr84651

@Nengo_Flow said:

You don't know they will both sell about the same. That's what PS3 vs 360 did, but each gen is different. Only time will tell. People can do all the BS'n and forecasting they want and they'll come out wrong. It's like guessing a number between 1-10000. It's would be sheer luck.

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts

Hahs sell equal? How exactly? 360 just about managed that with a year advantage, lower price and Sony screwing up big time.

If this is the UK, imagine the situation in mainland Europe.

MS have struggled to sell their day one bone's. Sony is king.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts

It's no secret that the PS4 is majorly outselling XBO.
PS4 is outselling the XBO at a store here even though it's out of stock with the next shipment not due til January 31st, whereas the XBO is still in stock lol.

Now that's what you call SDC.
Gotta laugh at all the lems who were claiming Sony was done for a year ago.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

I am shocked that the PS4 is outselling xboxone one so heavily in the UK. Its always been more predominantly xbox favored. PS4 sold more in two days than Xboxone did in a week... by like 100,000 units.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tormentos

@lostrib said:

Dude the Facebook page for that store,what more evidence do you need.? yes it is one store but on that store it did happen,any way what more evidence the xbox one sol 170k in 2 weeks the PS4 250k in 48 hours,is that evidence enough for you of what is happening in UK.?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

Dude the Facebook page for that store,what more evidence do you need.? yes it is one store but on that store it did happen,any way what more evidence the xbox one sol 170k in 2 weeks the PS4 250k in 48 hours,is that evidence enough for you of what is happening in UK.?

I guess you don't understand what factual evidence is mr tormented. 1 store =/= evidence kid. Get something more than anecdotal evidence.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@daious said:

I am shocked that the PS4 is outselling xboxone one so heavily in the UK. Its always been more predominantly xbox favored. PS4 sold more in two days than Xboxone did in a week... by like 100,000 units.

Each gen is different. NA used to be PS land, same with UK. That all changed in gen 7 but looks to be going back to PS in gen 8. Might stay this way or might not, only time will tell.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

*** Scratching head*** HUH!?!?! This is just a forum post. LMAO!! This isn't evidence of anything.

It's also on SonyGaf which is owned and funded by Sony. No one would believe anything coming off that site.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By blackace

@darkangel115 said:

didn't someone post X1 sales at 3 million and PS4 at 2.1 million as facts (from sony and MS) already making this thread pointless and dumb and wrong

If you have a link to that story, I'm sure everyone would like to see it, especially Cows. lol!!

I have no doubt PS4's are flying of the shelves in Europe. That's a given. No proof even need for that. But XB1 are also flying off of shelves. Amazon got a large stock of XB1's in yesterday from Microsoft and they were gone in less then 2hrs. LOL!! Most retailers are completely sold out of both systems. There are some stores with PS4 and XB1 scattered around, but they aren't staying in those stores for long.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

it's obvious

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Daious

@kingtito said:

@daious said:

Each gen is different. NA used to be PS land, same with UK. That all changed in gen 7 but looks to be going back to PS in gen 8. Might stay this way or might not, only time will tell.

I am just shocked that this difference was so huge during the launch. I figured there would be more brand loyalty. I expected Xboxone and PS4 to be neck and neck in the UK especially considering the fact that 360 is still doing rather well there.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Daious
@blackace said:

@Sagemode87 said:

*** Scratching head*** HUH!?!?! This is just a forum post. LMAO!! This isn't evidence of anything.

It's also on SonyGaf which is owned and funded by Sony. No one would believe anything coming off that site.

Sony does not own Neogaf...

"No one would believe anything coming off that site." is an ignorant comment considering major game developers post and have accounts there.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

Xbox may not be selling as well but so what man... MS just needs to drop the kinect and fix the UI and they'll be set.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blackace

@daious said:
@blackace said:

@Sagemode87 said:

"No one would believe anything coming off that site." is an ignorant comment considering major game developers post and have accounts there.

You keep believing that if it makes you feel better. Sony devs post there and have accounts. That's about it.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Daious

@blackace said:

@daious said:
@blackace said:

@Sagemode87 said:

You keep believing that if it makes you feel better. Sony devs post there and have accounts. That's about it.

I never knew Cliffy B and members of Bungi and other major studios like Bethesda were Sony Devs. I am not sure if you are trolling or if you actually don't know anything about the neogaf forum community

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@blackace
@daious said:
@blackace said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Please ignore blackface poor DC attempt. He is confusing of MS and Kotaku.

anybodykilla15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 anybodykilla15
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts

the day after sony released the sales figures of ps4,

xbox one did the same,

if only we could have complete sales figures as of this week........

anybody wanna link it?

PSbore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PSbore
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

hey look at all the games ps4 has coming......flower and resogun? lol

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

that's like some Conservapedia kind of crap sourcing

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

X1 has 5 billion transistors, 50 million combos in KI and 1 billion zombies slayed in DR3 thought. These huge numbers>whatever PS4 has sold!