EA UFC - New Gameplay video! Bruce Lee IS IN!!!!!

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@kingtito said:

@Omega-316 said:

@kingtito said:

@Gargus said:

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Now that is sick!.....idk who would play with any other fighter than Bruce Lee.

People who like the sport.

Are you saying Bruce Lee couldn't not fight?

No were saying its just stupid to put him in it is all.

Might as well just go ahead and put jet li, Jackie chan, van damme and everyother movie action star fighter in it also. Or hell make a new real life sim boxing game and stick stallone in it because he played a boxer.

The only maybe and I mean maybe comparable is Jackie Chan, everyone else on that list isn't even close.

Seems to me the only people complaining are probably those that grew up post Bruce era. I was lucky enough to be alive while Bruce was making his movies and Living in SF. I'm glad Bruce is in and I might have to get this game even though I'm not a big fan of UFC.

Van damme would beat jackie chan pretty easily. I would even favour Van Damme over Bruce Lee due to his size.

Van Damme? Are you serious? He's not anything close to Bruce Lee, it's not even up for debate. Bruce was a master, Van Damme was a buff action hero and that's pretty much it. Bruce had to prove time and time again how skilled he was, Van Damme was busy getting knocked out by the likes of Chuck Zito.

Bruce>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Van Damme

...HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

Van Damma was a pro in Shotokan and kick-boxing. + he has the size.

Bruce Lee was a master in Jeet Kune Do (he was the founder) but he doesn't have the size to beat a man like Van Damme.

Not saying Bruce Lee has zero chance, but in 9/10 fights, Van Damme would probably win.

Both were sh*tty actors though.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

@Suppaman100: But he was a pro in the shit version of kickboxing.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@Suppaman100: But he was a pro in the shit version of kickboxing.

So what? A pro in "sh*t" kickboxing that has almost double the mass of a "master" martial artist will still win most of the fights.

Like I said, Bruce Lee is romanticised like crazy thx to his movies. In real life he would get owned by even the weaker fighters of the UFC.

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Omega-316
Member since 2011 • 981 Posts

@kingtito said:

@Omega-316 said:

@kingtito said:

@Gargus said:

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Might as well just go ahead and put jet li, Jackie chan, van damme and everyother movie action star fighter in it also. Or hell make a new real life sim boxing game and stick stallone in it because he played a boxer.

The only maybe and I mean maybe comparable is Jackie Chan, everyone else on that list isn't even close.

Seems to me the only people complaining are probably those that grew up post Bruce era. I was lucky enough to be alive while Bruce was making his movies and Living in SF. I'm glad Bruce is in and I might have to get this game even though I'm not a big fan of UFC.

Van damme would beat jackie chan pretty easily. I would even favour Van Damme over Bruce Lee due to his size.

Van Damme? Are you serious? He's not anything close to Bruce Lee, it's not even up for debate. Bruce was a master, Van Damme was a buff action hero and that's pretty much it. Bruce had to prove time and time again how skilled he was, Van Damme was busy getting knocked out by the likes of Chuck Zito.

Loading Video...

Van Damme has proved him self in real fights though. While the closest thing to a real pro fight from Bruce Lee is in this video. Van Damme's american kickboxing style is out dated just like Bruce Lee's striking style. But Van Damme has the size advantage over bruce.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Chutebox  Online

I lol'd.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@kingtito said:

@Omega-316 said:

@kingtito said:

@Gargus said:

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

...HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

Van Damma was a pro in Shotokan and kick-boxing. + he has the size.

Bruce Lee was a master in Jeet Kune Do (he was the founder) but he doesn't have the size to beat a man like Van Damme.

Not saying Bruce Lee has zero chance, but in 9/10 fights, Van Damme would probably win.

Both were sh*tty actors though.

Van Damme was an amature. He didn't make it to Pro dude at least not from what I read about on his profile. Don't be fooled by his movies and besides I didn't even say anything about his career as a fighter. I spoke about his skills vs Bruce and in that department it's not even close kid. Bruce was light years ahead of Van Damme in every single way possible.

You completely over estimate Van Damme and his ability. This isn't Blood Sport and Van Damme wasn't in the same class. 9/10 Van Damme would win? Umm no 10/10 Bruce would win and frankly Van Damme's size wouldn't factor in.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By kingtito

@Omega-316 said:

@kingtito said:

@Omega-316 said:

@kingtito said:

@Gargus said:

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Loading Video...

Van Damme has proved him self in real fights though. While the closest thing to a real pro fight from Bruce Lee is in this video. Van Damme's american kickboxing style is out dated just like Bruce Lee's striking style. But Van Damme has the size advantage over bruce.

What are you talking about? 1st of all Van Damme wasn't pro and Bruce didn't need to fight in pro bouts to prove himself. Dude was challenged almost every where he went. What has Van Damme ever done? Bruce invented his fighting style, Van Damme was knocked out by Chuck Zito. Bruce didn't need to prove himself in a ring as most masters of the art didn't.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Chutebox  Online

Damnit, start a new quote chain!

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Wow, comparing Bruce Lee and Van Damme is so wrong on so many levels. What is going on here?

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Wow, comparing Bruce Lee and Van Damme is so wrong on so many levels. What is going on here?

I heard Bruce Lee has 50% more power but Van Damme does better with voice commands

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Omega-316

I think we should add Tony Jaa in this conversation. I think he would beat both Bruce Lee and Van Damme.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I heard Bruce Lee has 50% more power but Van Damme does better with voice commands

Just wait for that Van Damme cloud though

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

i would so buy an ps4/xbox one for this game

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 darkangel115

@chikenfriedrice said:

@darkangel115 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Just wait for that Van Damme cloud though

Nah that's just PR BS ;)

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Chutebox said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Bruce Lee > the sport

This. People bitching because it's UFC and not Jeet Kun Do?

Why is Bruce Lee in it?

Because Bruce Lee that's why. Add in some Chuck Norris DLC and I'll even jump in.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Spartan070

@Suppaman100 said:

LOL, Bruce Lee is good in karate...that's it. He would get owned by even the worst fighters of UFC.

Bruce Lee is romanticised too much. But yes his movies were entertaining.

*preparing flameshield*

You claim Bruce Lee is romanticized yet you claim he merely was "good in karate."

He studied Wing Chun then went on to create Jeet Kun Do.

I will give you this: He never actually mastered any style of fighting, he was always adapting and expanding instead of honing in on one school but to say that any UFC fighter, much less the worst ones, could defeat him? LMAO

Chuck Norris was a nine-time World Karate Champ, nine times consecutively, and even he admitted that Bruce Lee was at least as good as he was. Could some of these chumps in the UFC take on Chuck in his prime? Come now...

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Omega-316

@Spartan070: whooaaa there buddy. Lol, do you know what a shotokan karate competition is all about? Its god damn point sparring. LOL. Its not real fighting.

Karate sucks. Muay thai and boxing destroys shotokan karate any day of the week. Chuck norris never practiced wrestling, so any mma fighter would just take him down with ease and little resistance.

Wing chung is a joke just like akido. Yet ppl believe in that old kung fu crap like a religion. MMA is science. Its proven. There is nothing special about bruce lee, norris. Thetes kung fu fighters in china who do what lee does and better and they cant even make it into the ufc.

Wrestling, bjj, muay thai, and boxing are must have skills. Anything else are just add ons.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#68 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

EA hype train...jump on.

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Omega-316

@KBFloYd: with the next gen consoles lacking games. I think everyone is on whether they like it or not. There is nothing els to play. Lol

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Spartan070

@Omega-316: Believe it or not I do follow you, my father practiced Akido which is a form of Shotokan so I'm pretty familiar.

Still, I stand by my claims. I achieved 1st Kyu in Kenjutsu myself but I've never lopped off any limbs in battle lol. I cross studied Iaido for a few years also, that was nothing but correctly learning to draw and sheath a Katana, or in some cases a Wakizashi. So in other words, given I'm(probably) never going to be in a sword-fight to the death, I understand that all martial arts are not real-world fighting relatable.

Still, I stand by my claim. Gimmie Bruce Lee over Jon Jones anyday.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Anyone saying Bruce Lee shouldn't be in ufc is not a true mma fan. Simple as that. Dana white has called Bruce Lee the godfather mma numerous times now. Yall are to casual an mma fan to realize the importance Bruce Lee has in mma. It only makes sense to have him in the game.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By kingtito

@Omega-316 said:

@Spartan070: whooaaa there buddy. Lol, do you know what a shotokan karate competition is all about? Its god damn point sparring. LOL. Its not real fighting.

Karate sucks. Muay thai and boxing destroys shotokan karate any day of the week. Chuck norris never practiced wrestling, so any mma fighter would just take him down with ease and little resistance.

Wing chung is a joke just like akido. Yet ppl believe in that old kung fu crap like a religion. MMA is science. Its proven. There is nothing special about bruce lee, norris. Thetes kung fu fighters in china who do what lee does and better and they cant even make it into the ufc.

Wrestling, bjj, muay thai, and boxing are must have skills. Anything else are just add ons.

Mixed Martial Arts....isn't that what Bruce did with his Jeet Kune Do? He mixed arts forms and constantly tried to perfect the arts by removing needless and wasteful movements. To say Bruce wouldn't fair well in today's MMA is totally baseless and IMO ignorant. His speed and power would rival anyone in his weight class and maybe even in a lot of the higher weight classes. Bruce wasn't just about mastering the arts but also his body AND mind. His strength training, diet and philosophy played a large roll in what made his such a great martial artist.

If Bruce fought today you can bet your ass he would be one of the top fighters in the world. He was a VERY special fighter even if YOU don't agree.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 darkangel115

@kingtito said:

@Omega-316 said:

Mixed Martial Arts....isn't that what Bruce did with his Jeet Kune Do? He mixed arts forms and constantly tried to perfect the arts by removing needless and wasteful movements. To say Bruce wouldn't fair well in today's MMA is totally baseless and IMO ignorant. His speed and power would rival anyone in his weight class and maybe even in a lot of the higher weight classes. Bruce wasn't just about mastering the arts but also his body AND mind. His strength training, diet and philosophy played a large roll in what made his such a great martial artist.

If Bruce fought today you can bet your ass he would be one of the top fighters in the world. He was a VERY special fighter even if YOU don't agree.

So you are saying that by upgrading his fighting style, he actually got better, even if he couldn't upgrade his body? Well that's impossible ;)

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Omega-316

@Spartan070: your taking bruce lee who weighs 125lbs over the light heavyweight champion of the world who is 6'4 and weighs 215lbs?? Too many kung fu movies for you my man.

No wrestling and bjj knowledge = no win in a mma fight even at the lowest level let alone the UFC who are like the NBA of MMA.

You do realize that gene lebell through bruce lee around rite? Any grappler would beat lee with ease. Let alone a complete mma fighter.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Spartan070

@Omega-316 said:

@Spartan070: your taking bruce lee who weighs 125lbs over the light heavyweight champion of the world who is 6'4 and weighs 215lbs?? Too many kung fu movies for you my man.

No wrestling and bjj knowledge = no win in a mma fight even at the lowest level let alone the UFC who are like the NBA of MMA.

You do realize that gene lebell through bruce lee around rite? Any grappler would beat lee with ease. Let alone a complete mma fighter.

Wait, Jon Jones is 6'4" 215??? Damn, didn't think he was that big. Also yes, the grappling would be a huge factor but we've seen guys who are mostly strikers do well, correct me if I'm wrong but Chuck Lidell rings a bell, wasn't he almost soley a striker?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 kingtito

@darkangel115 said:

@kingtito said:

@Omega-316 said:

So you are saying that by upgrading his fighting style, he actually got better, even if he couldn't upgrade his body?Well that's impossible ;)

Do you know ANYTHING about Bruce Lee? Without upgrading his body? WTF are you talking about?

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By darkangel115

@kingtito said:

@darkangel115 said:

@kingtito said:

@Omega-316 said:

So you are saying that by upgrading his fighting style, he actually got better, even if he couldn't upgrade his body?Well that's impossible ;)

Do you know ANYTHING about Bruce Lee? Without upgrading his body? WTF are you talking about?

If you read the thread, I've been making sarcastic jokes about this argument with the jokes made in system wars. In this case how its impossible for direct X to make the Xbox one run games better. hence the smiley face and the comment above about Bruce lee having 50% more power but Van Damme responding better to voice commands ;)

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Omega-316

@Spartan070: chuck liddel started as a wrestler. He had great striking and great takedown defense to keep the fight standing. For strikers, takedown defense is key. Bruce lee would have to have guys trying to take him down constantly everyday and for a couple years to develop the skills to go against mma fighters.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

guys this is fake

bruce lee is dead

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

LOL, Bruce Lee is good in karate...that's it. He would get owned by even the worst fighters of UFC.

Bruce Lee is romanticised too much. But yes his movies were entertaining.

*preparing flameshield*

Are you being serious right now? Bruce Lee created/perfected the Jeet Kune Do style.. NOT KARATE! It blends fast strikes (punches and kicks) with grappling.. hmm what does that sound like.

Jeez.. stick to video games people.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 kingtito

@darkangel115 said:

@kingtito said:

@darkangel115 said:

@kingtito said:

@Omega-316 said:

If you read the thread, I've been making sarcastic jokes about this argument with the jokes made in system wars. In this case how its impossible for direct X to make the Xbox one run games better. hence the smiley face and the comment above about Bruce lee having 50% more power but Van Damme responding better to voice commands ;)

Oh sorry my mistake. My bad I apologize.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By darkangel115

@kingtito said:

@darkangel115 said:

@kingtito said:

@darkangel115 said:

@kingtito said:

@Omega-316 said:

Oh sorry my mistake. My bad I apologize.

No problem, just amusing myself ;)

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Omega-316

@OhSnapitz: there is no such thing as perfecting a style. He had limited knowledge in grappling. Yes he started to learn it for a while, but not to the point where he can wrestle woth wrestlers, roll with the gracies, ect ect. There is no such thing as perfecting anything. Bruce was far from it. There is unlimited knowledge in mma. There is always new technique, and strategies coming up. Fighting has evolved drastically since the 90's.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Day one buy for me. UFC is the only next-generation fighting game series that exists AFAIK. And by that, I mean it's not a complete clone of previous generation fighting games. The fighting system is mostly governed by real time physics. You can use the same attack and deal different amounts of damage depending on the velocity and angle of the hit. You can actually 1-hit KO people with a well timed and well placed strike. It's incredibly fun to watch and play. it's a lot less static and unpredictable than Street Fighter or Killer Instinct, thus fresh and more exciting.

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Omega-316

@KHAndAnime: i agree 100%. The guys that made fight night know how to make a proper fighting game.

And much respect to EA for keeping this game exclusive to the next gen consoles. They could have easily split the team and downgraded the graphics just to put it on the ps3 and 360 to boost sales. Its decisions like this that tells me the game will be good.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

SW hates fun things, so of course they would react poorly to putting Bruce Li in a fighting game. It's definitely not on the levels of stupid and desperateness of putting Star Wars characters in Soul Caliber.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Spartan070

@JangoWuzHere said:

SW hates fun things, so of course they would react poorly to putting Bruce Li in a fighting game. It's definitely not on the levels of stupid and desperateness of putting Star Wars characters in Soul Caliber.

Seriously, I had no idea UFC guys were such purists, it's a video game.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@Omega-316 said:

@OhSnapitz: there is no such thing as perfecting a style. He had limited knowledge in grappling. Yes he started to learn it for a while, but not to the point where he can wrestle woth wrestlers, roll with the gracies, ect ect. There is no such thing as perfecting anything. Bruce was far from it. There is unlimited knowledge in mma. There is always new technique, and strategies coming up. Fighting has evolved drastically since the 90's.

perhaps stating "perfected" was a bit of a stretch but at least you have knowledge of the fighting style. And of course fighting has evolved over the decades since his death.. but it still would be pretty interesting to see him in a MMA match. It's fan service.. an extra character.. that a gamer DO NOT have to use.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By NFJSupreme

@Spartan070 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

what is annoying is that these guys are not purist just disgruntled gamers. Please do not confuse them with MMA purists. Real MMA purists actually know, respect, and understand Bruce Lee's place in mixed martial arts. Dana White has even called Bruce Lee the godfather of MMA multiple times because he mixed different martial arts that incompased striking and grappling (sound familiar) to create his own fighting style. Is it the perfect end all be all fighting style that everyone uses in MMA today? No but Bruce Lee definitely laid some of the ground work for what we know as MMA today. These people complaining about Bruce Lee being in an MMA game are just petulant gamers not real MMA purists who actually know the history of the sport. Hell I'm a casual MMA fan and even I know.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

@Spartan070 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

what is annoying is that these guys are not purist just disgruntled gamers. Please do not confuse them with MMA purists. Real MMA purists actually know, respect, and understand Bruce Lee's place in mixed martial arts. Dana White has even called Bruce Lee the godfather of MMA multiple times because he mixed different martial arts that incompased striking and grappling (sound familiar) to create his own fighting style. Is it the perfect end all be all fighting style that everyone uses in MMA today? No but Bruce Lee definitely laid some of the ground work for what we know as MMA today. These people complaining about Bruce Lee being in an MMA game are just petulant gamers not real MMA purists who actually know the history of the sport. Hell I'm a casual MMA fan and even I know.

Sounds about right. I know little about MMA, but I know a person like Bruce Li wouldn't feel out of place in such a sport.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 NFJSupreme

@JangoWuzHere said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@Spartan070 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Sounds about right. I know little about MMA, but I know a person like Bruce Li wouldn't feel out of place in such a sport.

I know right. This is how I know people just like to complain for the sake of complaining. So a guy who many consider the godfather of MMA is in a MMA game and this is some how a bad thing? Just goes to show how ignorant people like to follow other ignorant people like sheep.

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Omega-316

@OhSnapitz: of course it would be interesting. I would love to watch him vs a fighter who is willing to keep the fight standing to make it interesting.

I respect bruce lee's skills and talents. But with years of watching combat sports, and 3 years of training muay thai. I also see his flaws. Had bruce lee been born in this generation and had he been taught the modern day martial arts, mix that with his fight IQ and mentality and strive for perfection, bruce would have been amazing fighter.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

So besides from the pissing contest in the thread, I think this is a "fun" idea. Also the game is looking very nice

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 kingtito

@Omega-316 said:

@OhSnapitz: of course it would be interesting. I would love to watch him vs a fighter who is willing to keep the fight standing to make it interesting.

I respect bruce lee's skills and talents. But with years of watching combat sports, and 3 years of training muay thai. I also see his flaws. Had bruce lee been born in this generation and had he been taught the modern day martial arts, mix that with his fight IQ and mentality and strive for perfection, bruce would have been amazing fighter.

So year of watching and 3 years of training makes you and expert and gives YOU the insight to see Bruce Lee's flaws or critique his style? Hhahahahahaha that's funny. Bruce Lee was faaarrrr ahead of his time and no one on THIS board is even remotely qualified to criticize Bruce's fighting style or technique.

Sorry dude but you have NO idea what Bruce would have done in the octagon today. His style was ever adapting and changing and he WOULD have made what ever changes were necessary to win. There isn't a martial artist today that's had the impact he's had.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#95 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

It makes some sense WHY he's in it. He's one of the grandfathers of mixing every fighting style together. Back in the 50s and 60s most people only focused on one or VERY few other fighting styles by their choice(s) While he didn't. Thats kind of what UFC is all about in the end.

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Omega-316

@kingtito: you dont just learn grappling by closing your eyes and wishing so. Bruce had limit knowledge in grappling FACT. That = getting beat up by low level mma let alone the big leagues in UFC.

Even bruce lee him self said that someone who trained in boxing and wrestling for 2 years would destroy a martial artist who trained for 20 years.

So yes, my 3 years experience in muay thai which is the best striking base there is gives me good insight to critique bruce lee's striking. Hence why that kung fu stuff is dyeing off because mma proved its flawed system.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 kingtito

@Omega-316 said:

@kingtito: you dont just learn grappling by closing your eyes and wishing so. Bruce had limit knowledge in grappling FACT. That = getting beat up by low level mma let alone the big leagues in UFC.

Even bruce lee him self said that someone who trained in boxing and wrestling for 2 years would destroy a martial artist who trained for 20 years.

So yes, my 3 years experience in muay thai which is the best striking base there is gives me good insight to critique bruce lee's striking. Hence why that kung fu stuff is dyeing off because mma proved its flawed system.

Bruce's style was ever changing dude. He didn't limit his style now was he limited in anything. You're stating opinions and not fact. You have absolutely NO idea how Bruce would have done in MMA. He was light years ahead of his time so why don't YOU stop pretending like you know anything about Bruce or his abilities.

Why don't you provide proof of that? Bruce studied more than just martial arts. Have you actually ever watched real videos of Bruce? Have you seen how fast, strong and adaptive his style was?

No it doesn't. Your 3 years isn't going to critique a person that dedicated his entire life to every aspect of his body, fighting and the arts. He didn't just train, he live it. You have ZERO business trying to critique anything Bruce Lee has done or was capable of. Your 3 years of experience is laughable compared to what Bruce has done, not only for martial arts but for MMA as well. It's asinine for you to keep pretending like you knew better than he did just because you took 3 years of muay thai.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I wonder what they mean by instant access to him if you preorder. I don't plan on preordering so I hope I can get him the same month of release.

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Omega-316

@kingtito said:

@Omega-316 said:

Bruce's style was ever changing dude. He didn't limit his style now was he limited in anything. You're stating opinions and not fact. You have absolutely NO idea how Bruce would have done in MMA. He was light years ahead of his time so why don't YOU stop pretending like you know anything about Bruce or his abilities.

Why don't you provide proof of that? Bruce studied more than just martial arts. Have you actually ever watched real videos of Bruce? Have you seen how fast, strong and adaptive his style was?

No it doesn't. Your 3 years isn't going to critique a person that dedicated his entire life to every aspect of his body, fighting and the arts. He didn't just train, he live it. You have ZERO business trying to critique anything Bruce Lee has done or was capable of. Your 3 years of experience is laughable compared to what Bruce has done, not only for martial arts but for MMA as well. It's asinine for you to keep pretending like you knew better than he did just because you took 3 years of muay thai.

Loading Video...

lol have you?

I go by this video of Lee. I see that he has good timing and pretty decent foot work. But nothing too crazy like you make him out to be. Either way, you dont know. And I dont know. It's all speculation. The reality is, when someone dies, ppl make him out to be greater then he really was.

Now Im tired of this debate. Im done.

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Omega-316

@gago-gago said:

I wonder what they mean by instant access to him if you preorder. I don't plan on preordering so I hope I can get him the same month of release.

You can unlock him if you win the belt in career mode. Pre ordering it just lets you have access to him rite away.