EA UFC - New Gameplay video! Bruce Lee IS IN!!!!!

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Spartan070 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

LOL, Bruce Lee is good in karate...that's it. He would get owned by even the worst fighters of UFC.

Bruce Lee is romanticised too much. But yes his movies were entertaining.

*preparing flameshield*

You claim Bruce Lee is romanticized yet you claim he merely was "good in karate."

He studied Wing Chun then went on to create Jeet Kun Do.

I will give you this: He never actually mastered any style of fighting, he was always adapting and expanding instead of honing in on one school but to say that any UFC fighter, much less the worst ones, could defeat him? LMAO

Chuck Norris was a nine-time World Karate Champ, nine times consecutively, and even he admitted that Bruce Lee was at least as good as he was. Could some of these chumps in the UFC take on Chuck in his prime? Come now...

LOL, you really don't know how MMA works don't you?

Here's thread by people who know what they're talking about, read it. Conclusion: Bruce would get owned in the UFC even in his prime.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f44/bruce-lee-mma-2238285/

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts
@kingtito said:

@Omega-316 said:

@kingtito: you dont just learn grappling by closing your eyes and wishing so. Bruce had limit knowledge in grappling FACT. That = getting beat up by low level mma let alone the big leagues in UFC.

Even bruce lee him self said that someone who trained in boxing and wrestling for 2 years would destroy a martial artist who trained for 20 years.

So yes, my 3 years experience in muay thai which is the best striking base there is gives me good insight to critique bruce lee's striking. Hence why that kung fu stuff is dyeing off because mma proved its flawed system.

Bruce's style was ever changing dude. He didn't limit his style now was he limited in anything. You're stating opinions and not fact. You have absolutely NO idea how Bruce would have done in MMA. He was light years ahead of his time so why don't YOU stop pretending like you know anything about Bruce or his abilities.

Why don't you provide proof of that? Bruce studied more than just martial arts. Have you actually ever watched real videos of Bruce? Have you seen how fast, strong and adaptive his style was?

No it doesn't. Your 3 years isn't going to critique a person that dedicated his entire life to every aspect of his body, fighting and the arts. He didn't just train, he live it. You have ZERO business trying to critique anything Bruce Lee has done or was capable of. Your 3 years of experience is laughable compared to what Bruce has done, not only for martial arts but for MMA as well. It's asinine for you to keep pretending like you knew better than he did just because you took 3 years of muay thai.

He's right though. I think you believe that his movies are real, LOL.

Fact is, he would get OWNED by even the weakest fighters in UFC (and also Van Damme)

Bruce was a philospher, visionary great Martist, but he was no fighter, or at least there is not a single proof of his fighting skills, I mean, Gracies were tapping his fights and fighting people for real to prove their fighting skills, yet this guy, who's an actor, couldn't get one single fight on tape to show how good he was?

Like I said, Bruce Lee is over romanticised by the media because he died at a very young age. That's all.

Here's Bas Rutten on the subject:

Loading Video...

/thread

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Omega-316 said:

@kingtito said:

@Omega-316 said:

@kingtito: you dont just learn grappling by closing your eyes and wishing so. Bruce had limit knowledge in grappling FACT. That = getting beat up by low level mma let alone the big leagues in UFC.

Even bruce lee him self said that someone who trained in boxing and wrestling for 2 years would destroy a martial artist who trained for 20 years.

So yes, my 3 years experience in muay thai which is the best striking base there is gives me good insight to critique bruce lee's striking. Hence why that kung fu stuff is dyeing off because mma proved its flawed system.

Bruce's style was ever changing dude. He didn't limit his style now was he limited in anything. You're stating opinions and not fact. You have absolutely NO idea how Bruce would have done in MMA. He was light years ahead of his time so why don't YOU stop pretending like you know anything about Bruce or his abilities.

Why don't you provide proof of that? Bruce studied more than just martial arts. Have you actually ever watched real videos of Bruce? Have you seen how fast, strong and adaptive his style was?

No it doesn't. Your 3 years isn't going to critique a person that dedicated his entire life to every aspect of his body, fighting and the arts. He didn't just train, he live it. You have ZERO business trying to critique anything Bruce Lee has done or was capable of. Your 3 years of experience is laughable compared to what Bruce has done, not only for martial arts but for MMA as well. It's asinine for you to keep pretending like you knew better than he did just because you took 3 years of muay thai.

Loading Video...

lol have you?

I go by this video of Lee. I see that he has good timing and pretty decent foot work. But nothing too crazy like you make him out to be. Either way, you dont know. And I dont know. It's all speculation. The reality is, when someone dies, ppl make him out to be greater then he really was.

Now Im tired of this debate. Im done.

It's obvious you haven't. You're going by a video of Lee that's obviously not going all out. It was a exhibition not a real match.

I'm not making him out to be anything but you are. You're trying to say he would be beat by the some of the weakest MMA fighters, that he wouldn't stand a chance against todays fighters. Seems to me you're the one doing a lot of the speculating. I'm saying I think he would do very well but you're running around using your "3 years of training muay thai" claiming that makes you an expert. Hell I've been watching martial arts for well over 35 years, my uncle was on Chuck Noris martial arts team, does any of that make me an expert? Not in the least but then again I'm not claiming it does.

You're right about one thing, neither of us know what would happen.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Its always funny watching gamers talk about fighting. Just for your info Shotakahn karate is not worthless. It gained fame when it's creator defeated a both a wrestler and a boxer in front of hundreds. You may also want to look up a fighter named Lyoto Machida who is currently one of the top 5 middleweights in the UFC and former light Heavyweight champ. His base style is Shotakan Karate.

This is to omega who said karate was worthless.

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Omega-316
Member since 2011 • 981 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

Its always funny watching gamers talk about fighting. Just for your info Shotakahn karate is not worthless. It gained fame when it's creator defeated a both a wrestler and a boxer in front of hundreds. You may also want to look up a fighter named Lyoto Machida who is currently one of the top 5 middleweights in the UFC and former light Heavyweight champ. His base style is Shotakan Karate.

This is to omega who said karate was worthless.

Yes Machida came from Shotokan Karate but thats is not why he is successful. He trains boxing and muay thai as well. Plus he has a sumo background as well and so that is good for defending takedowns.

I am a big believer in how you train is how you will fight. So when you train point sparring day in and day out without committing and following through with your strikes that will be your habit. Yes Shotokan will teach you about timing and distance very well. But when it came down to sparring with these karate guys, they dont last very long in a kickboxing fight because they train to end a fight with one blow. Unfortunately thats rarely happens in a real fight.

Kyokushin Karate is the way to go.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@Gargus said:

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Now that is sick!.....idk who would play with any other fighter than Bruce Lee.

People who like the sport.

Are you saying Bruce Lee couldn't not fight?

No were saying its just stupid to put him in it is all.

Might as well just go ahead and put jet li, Jackie chan, van damme and everyother movie action star fighter in it also. Or hell make a new real life sim boxing game and stick stallone in it because he played a boxer.

Bruce Lee is the grand father of MMA! He was the first to use and promote MMA and it was like 50+ years ago!

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

Yea, stuff like this is gonna get hated a lot on internet, btw, EA got no love for fight night anymore?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#109 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Omega-316 said:

You guys seem like fun guys to chill with...

Its a game. A fighting game. Bruce Lee is in it. That's not fun? Bunch of negative little girls on this forum.

Kinda like putting Ali in a current Boxing gam imo. Bruce was a fighter. There wasn't a UFC then for him to compete in. Nice little homage to the Man.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 cainetao11

@Chutebox said:

@Omega-316 said:

You guys seem like fun guys to chill with...

Its a game. A fighting game. Bruce Lee is in it. That's not fun? Bunch of negative little girls on this forum.

You're right. While we're at it, might as well put Chuck Norris in there too. You know, because it's not supposed to be a fighting sim at all.

It's lame.

Don't see how putting one of the martial artists that A) created his own art, many regard the founding principles of MMA; B) saying "might as well put Norris in" as a slight when he held full contact Karate championship from 1968-1974, stops it from being a fighting sim. Madden has fantasy teams; NBA has put Jordan and other greats in; as has NHL.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

@cainetao11: Those fantasy players have played the sport. Lee never did MMA as far as I know. I know he trained in more than one field, but that doesn't make it MMA.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

god these hypotheticals are hilarious. i love it when people can't govern their passions.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 cainetao11

@Chutebox said:

@cainetao11: Those fantasy players have played the sport. Lee never did MMA as far as I know. I know he trained in more than one field, but that doesn't make it MMA.

How could he, MMA as an organized sport did not exist. But full contact martial arts did. He was a highly regarded teacher because in the 1960's many tournaments were "almost hit" and judges decide who would have won. Lee was very vocal about needing to spar and actually fight in order to grow as a martial artist. His grappling skills were never focused on because frankly its boring to watch two men roll around grappling to a large % of people. Striking is more exciting. Lee studied wrestling/judo with Gene Lebell.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@Chutebox said:

How could he, MMA as an organized sport did not exist. But full contact martial arts did. He was a highly regarded teacher because in the 1960's many tournaments were "almost hit" and judges decide who would have won. Lee was very vocal about needing to spar and actually fight in order to grow as a martial artist. His grappling skills were never focused on because frankly its boring to watch two men roll around grappling to a large % of people. Striking is more exciting. Lee studied wrestling/judo with Gene Lebell.

I understand that. He still never combined it all in a fight or sparring session, unless I'm wrong in that. It's not a big deal, I think it's stupid though. Obviously others disagree with me. We'll all move on.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

Enter the Dragon is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Bruce Lee vs. Royce Gracie would be an awesome match.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

@AM-Gamer: Machida is a great fighter indeed.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 cainetao11

@Chutebox said:

@cainetao11 said:

@Chutebox said:

I understand that. He still never combined it all in a fight or sparring session, unless I'm wrong in that. It's not a big deal, I think it's stupid though. Obviously others disagree with me. We'll all move on.

To say he never combined it all is stupid because he spent many years fighting on rooftops in Hong Kong street competitions, earned the right to teach non Chinese by fighting an artist in Northern CA china town community. Its well documented that the man fought. Real fights, not with rules, and a ref. The kind where other Martial artists are looking to hurt you. He had a fascinating, martial arts world changing life. Really worth reading about.