EA Apologizes To Nintendo For Unacceptable April Fools Joke

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@DJ-Lafleur said:

Eh, I largely agree, I just think there is some difference between "lying" and "not being able to keep one's word." I mean, if I was going to take a test, and I was saying 'I'm totally going to get over 90% on this test," but I actually ended up geetting a 78%, I wouldn't exactly say that is lying, when in my head I was sure that I would manage to get a 90%.

Overall what they said they would pull off with the Wii U has managed to be false to a significant extent, I just question how deliberateness of it all.

Yeah but the thing is, games take years to develop. They knew for a fact they were making more Wii Sports, more WIi Fit, another launch minigame compilation, more 2D Mario, more 2D Donkey Kong, and they knew they were NOT launching or bringing out within 18 months, a Zelda, a Metroid, a Fire Emblem, a Paper Mario, a Battalion Wars, all of which came in the Wii's first year. Not to mention they had to know their 3rd party relations were still in the toilet.

If you were "totally going to get 90%" but knew you weren't going to study at all for the next year, one could question how honest you were in the first place :P

Though this is all a tangent anyway. Lying or just being mistaken, the end result is the same ;)

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#102 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

@locopatho said:

@DJ-Lafleur said:

Eh, I largely agree, I just think there is some difference between "lying" and "not being able to keep one's word." I mean, if I was going to take a test, and I was saying 'I'm totally going to get over 90% on this test," but I actually ended up geetting a 78%, I wouldn't exactly say that is lying, when in my head I was sure that I would manage to get a 90%.

Overall what they said they would pull off with the Wii U has managed to be false to a significant extent, I just question how deliberateness of it all.

Yeah but the thing is, games take years to develop. They knew for a fact they were making more Wii Sports, more WIi Fit, another launch minigame compilation, more 2D Mario, more 2D Donkey Kong, and they knew they were NOT launching or bringing out within 18 months, a Zelda, a Metroid, a Fire Emblem, a Paper Mario, a Battalion Wars, all of which came in the Wii's first year. Not to mention they had to know their 3rd party relations were still in the toilet.

If you were "totally going to get 90%" but knew you weren't going to study at all for the next year, one could question how honest you were in the first place :P

Though this is all a tangent anyway. Lying or just being mistaken, the end result is the same ;)

Fair enough. I was mostly arguing semantics I guess.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 locopatho

@DJ-Lafleur said:

@locopatho said:

@DJ-Lafleur said:

"Mostly arguing semantics" should be System Wars official motto :P

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#104 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

@locopatho said:

@DJ-Lafleur said:

@locopatho said:

@DJ-Lafleur said:

"Mostly arguing semantics" should be System Wars official motto :P

No kidding.

I guess I've been on SW too long. Starting to become harmful for my well being...

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 locopatho

@DJ-Lafleur said:

No kidding.

I guess I've been on SW too long. Starting to become harmful for my well being...

Nah, just remember: games are fun and so is ranting at people, and you'll be fine :P

ratchet_usa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ratchet_usa
Member since 2005 • 376 Posts

@super600 said:

@ratchet_usa said:

@super600 said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

How can they be a joke if they're true?

I don't thnk any nintendo employee that read those tweets found the tweets funny. It's unprofessional to bash a business partner like that on twitter.I hope you are not being sarcastic.

It is not EA's fault that nintendo sucks at keeping up with new technologies LMAO wiiu!

So it's okay for an actual EA emloyee to bash the wiiu on a public forum like twittter because people despise it? Even if the wiiu is a flawed product no company that has a business relationship with the company that released the product can bash the product because it unprofessional and bad.

I have seen many times people like Micheal pacher bash microsoft or Sony and everybody agrees with him. In that case the vibe would be yeah "it sucks" "it's a failure" " it will go bankrupt" etc.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#107 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

ScrewAttack posted about this news on their recent Hard News. More and more, I'm reminded of why I only watch that for Death Battle now.

razu2444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 razu2444
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts

this is proof nintendo is in such a lame state right now.