EA Apologizes To Nintendo For Unacceptable April Fools Joke

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Would have been even more funny if they took a crack at Microsoft and their Xbox One for being underpowered.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17676 Posts

Is there something wrong with making Nintendo the butt of jokes? Who is responsible for putting them in such a position to be targeted? Oh, that's right.....Nintendo. Any company that lags years behind everyone else and makes it a point of pride to bury its head in the sand and willingly ignore the world around them deserves nothing less than ridicule and laughs.

I have no problem with this, and EA's apology is not necessary. Perhaps being poked fun at will help wake Nintendo up from their delusions, arrogance, and ignorance. I doubt they even know about this joke, tbh.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

If I were a Nintendo employee, I wouldn't be offended about the jokes, I'd be offended about the quality of those jokes.

Somehow I imagine this guy sitting in a cubicle snorting while he typed them.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#54  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@KBFloYd said:

these guys hate nintendo more than doc sanchez and speaklow lol

Maybe DocSanchez and Speaklow are EA employees.

Also, g0ddyx.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 nintendoboy16

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

They don't hate Nintendo.

*interrupts Marc Mues style* "Don't hate Nintendo" my ass! Sanchez admitted himself, even using the word, that he's a hater. I buy that as much as I buy the fact that DSP is a "lifelong Nintendo fan".

Loading Video...

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

They just wrote what most people thinks.

Is it professional? Not at all.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@Sollet said:

They just wrote what most people thinks.

Is it professional? Not at all.

if ea had a good sense of humor, they would've tore into xbone,

but doing Nintendo like that,

kicking them while they are down, **** ea.

im starting my personal ea boycott,

not that I bought any of their games since fight night round 4, but still,

**** them from now on.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178857 Posts

Not even funny.....sad April Fool's joke. EA sucks though so who cares.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

nintendo didn't even say anything about it lol

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#60 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

EA sucks

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Is it just me or am i the only one who thinks that is what EA really thinks about Nintendo and that the jokes were infact their "truth?

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Nintendo is worthy as being criticized as any other company, but those "jokes" were pretty lame.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

I don't see what is so mean about all this. It isn't like they are picking on a small company or something. They are picking on Gaming's oldest power house. This seems a lot kinder then the folks who play pranks at the expense of fans who have eagerly awaited a game for years and years, particularly since they don't have the war chest or the rights to make it themselves, and Nintendo could easily reproduce Frostbite if they wished to.

Yeah Nintendo is having trouble now, but that is their fault, and they are still a powerhouse and gaming's most recognizable name.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#64 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19588 Posts

Nintendo is the biggest gaming company. Why wouldn't EA want to take pot-shots at them?

DA1M0Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DA1M0Z
Member since 2010 • 34 Posts

Haha @ EA... dem guys are funny!!!

No really EA... YOU're funny.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@nintendoboy16: I've clarified time and time again my position on Nintendo. I don't blindly hate anyone, but I find the company worthy of a lot of criticism and hate the direction they have taken gaming in. They are cheap and living off past glories and the extreme loyalty of their long term fans. If they changed their ways I'd change my opinion but I wont excuse them.

If you want to define me as a hater I'll live with that.

steamistrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By steamistrash
Member since 2014 • 431 Posts

**** nintendo bunch of sell outs

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

IDK, I lol'd, more because it's some cheeky shit.

Sony's nonsense on the other hand about 'power food' or something was just horrendous and they should apologise to gamers everywhere and offer a game or something for stealing 3min of peoples lives.

I actually don't have a beef with Nintendo's hardware, the thing that pisses me off is the short cuts they take, with the GC it was the small DVD, with the Wii it was the horrendous GPU, and this time with the Wii U it's the CPU. Nintendo are really selfish with that, because devs actually do want to make use of more CPU power. I actually don't have that much of a problem with the Wii U's GPU. I think last gen games look good enough still and next gen games certainly haven't proved themselves as good enough graphically to warrant a new console.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178857 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

@nintendoboy16: I've clarified time and time again my position on Nintendo. I don't blindly hate anyone, but I find the company worthy of a lot of criticism and hate the direction they have taken gaming in. They are cheap and living off past glories and the extreme loyalty of their long term fans. If they changed their ways I'd change my opinion but I wont excuse them.

If you want to define me as a hater I'll live with that.

At least Nintendo tries to do different things. They don't follow the crowd and stay true to themselves. And for some people their games are the ones to have which is why they purchase their consoles. Direction they are taking gaming? Depends on what kind of gamer you are.

For me personally there are two directions I despise in gaming and Nintendo didn't create either.....online MP and micro transactions. They are what's killing gaming.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

This would be better coming from a company that makes good games, like maybe Rockstar or Blizzard. EA just looks bad because the vast majority of their games are awful, and even their good games are about on par with Nintendo's worst. This makes them look petty.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#71 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

@DocSanchez: maybe not everyone wants dude bro shooters that we find in the ps4 and xbone. Nintendo appeals to a different gamer that you obviously aren't a part of. I personally love their games and can't have enough of them.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

I actually thought DICE saying 'Quality is the most important thing to us' was way more funny

But that wasn't posted on april 1 :/

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@DocSanchez: I've seen septic tanks that are less full of shit than you.

What direction are you even talking about, the dlc rampant , micro transaction laden, sjw pandering one we live in today?

Last I checked nintendo started none of those

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

The jokes weren't even funny to begin with.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#75 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59088 Posts

All the power in the world apparently can't make Battlefield have a good single player. Or work.

way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#76 way2funny
Member since 2003 • 4570 Posts

I think EA should have apologized on behalf of the quality of the joke, not the joke itself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#77 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@steamistrash said:

**** nintendo bunch of sell outs

lol

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#78  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Is there something wrong with making Nintendo the butt of jokes? Who is responsible for putting them in such a position to be targeted? Oh, that's right.....Nintendo. Any company that lags years behind everyone else and makes it a point of pride to bury its head in the sand and willingly ignore the world around them deserves nothing less than ridicule and laughs.

I have no problem with this, and EA's apology is not necessary. Perhaps being poked fun at will help wake Nintendo up from their delusions, arrogance, and ignorance. I doubt they even know about this joke, tbh.

It's unprofessional to post like that Dice employee did on twitter and it looks bad to any potential business partners like nintendo. That is why Peter Moore apologized.If the jokes were not related to the console at all it would have been better.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#79 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I hate this kind of shit.

People know damn well that some of the shit they say is going to ruffle some feathers. Grow some balls, own up to it and move on.

On the other hand- It was a joke; a shitty one, but a joke nonetheless. all of the blathering on about it is kind of silly. We all know that EA seems to be populated by corporate bro type dimwits, this isn't surprising at all.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DocSanchez

@Shinobishyguy: I have literally no desire to get into a slanging match with you. Because you are incapable of getting into a discussion about gaming without losing your temper.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DocSanchez

@sirk1264: This obsession some of you have with the "dude bro" label is particularly embarrassing. You've framed the debate as Nintendo vs everything else, and everything else is this "dude bro" whatever that is. I'm from Britain. We don't say dude bro.

Are all sports games dude bro? Because Nintendo isn't getting any. Are western RPGs all dude bro? Because Nintendo isn't getting any. What about sandbox games? Are they all dude bro? Because Rockstar isn't doing any business with Nintendo. In fact, outside of the slim boundaries of what Nintendo is releasing, you're not getting anything much at all. That might be enough for you, but it isn't for me, and this is the exact place to talk about why that is and to criticise Nintendo for it. System wars.

Don't go quoting the dude bro shite at me. It's 2014.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@SolidTy said:

I've been telling you guys EA sucks for a long time, but noooo, you keep buying their games.

Yes, I will stop buying good games because SolidTY said EA sucks. Take a deep breath bro, you aren't all of that and a bag of chips.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

online MP and micro transactions. They are what's killing gaming.

LOL, online MP is killing gaming. That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Microtransactions, hurt the industry, but it will not kill gaming. I

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts
@millerlight89 said:

@SolidTy said:

I've been telling you guys EA sucks for a long time, but noooo, you keep buying their games.

Yes, I will stop buying good games because SolidTY said EA sucks. Take a deep breath bro, you aren't all of that and a bag of chips.

But he is a bag of chips. Ruffles if I had to guess.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

*interrupts Marc Mues style* "Don't hate Nintendo" my ass! Sanchez admitted himself, even using the word, that he's a hater. I buy that as much as I buy the fact that DSP is a "lifelong Nintendo fan".

And I have to repeat: hate implies passion and intensity. You "hate" someone who betrayed you or broke your heart. People laughing at the WiiU don't hate it, they just don't care about it.

I think the most likely people to "hate" the WiiU would be loyal Nintendo fans who bought it Day 1 and actually believed Nintendo's lies about it being for the core and getting 3rd party support.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@millerlight89 said:

@SolidTy said:

From this day forward, I will NOT BUY ANY EA SPORTS GAMES ON THE Wii U! DONE.

Of course, my boycott is aided due to the fact that EA isn't really supporting Wii U, lol.

But he is a bag of chips. Ruffles if I had to guess.

Holy guacamole you know my brand! :P

miller, I was jokin'.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 nintendoboy16
@locopatho said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

And I have to repeat: hate implies passion and intensity. You "hate" someone who betrayed you or broke your heart. People laughing at the WiiU don't hate it, they just don't care about it.

I think the most likely people to "hate" the WiiU would be loyal Nintendo fans who bought it Day 1 and actually believed Nintendo's lies about it being for the core and getting 3rd party support.

Did Nintendo really lie about it, or did they fall back on it after the backlash they received for THAT game? If anything, the "hardcore" gamers NEVER wanted Nintendo to do this since that announcement and flip-flopping their stance on what they wanted from that company.

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

I think they would have got away with it if they said the game cube or N64 and made some BS about finding the secret to cartridges. But attacking the WiiU kinda felt like the awkward lets make a joke a kid whose mum just died or something. As much as I dislike the way Nintendo has gone and some of the god awful aragont personas that some of their "fans" seem to have, I personally don't want Nintendo to fail because its bad for the business. I don't think anyone likes the idea of a 2 horse race because most of the time its never really close and you'll be stuck with one platform (this gen most likely PS4) and you have to hope that Sony don't start exploiting it too much.

Hopefully Nintendo react to this by bringing out a new system. I know people will say "They just need to make good games!" well you're wrong. They need more than just good games. They need a system with mass 3rd party support. They HAVE to create new IPs and not rely on Diddy Kong 18 as their sole sources of income. Sure keep making them but one day either Sony or Microsoft or someone for PC will make a better crappy (sorry not a fan) racing game and people will flock to it. I mean, what is Nintendos best FPS? I bet the first thought in your mind will be "golden eye". That simply can't be the answer anymore. It can be one of the greatest but it can't be the answer that comes first, they need to have something like Titanfall, Quake well anything that is a good FPS, sports games as well! Racing that isn't mario and his mates. They need to broaden. Still keep the old but bring in the new.

Farsendor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Farsendor1
Member since 2012 • 462 Posts

@sirk1264 said:

@DocSanchez: maybe not everyone wants dude bro shooters that we find in the ps4 and xbone. Nintendo appeals to a different gamer that you obviously aren't a part of. I personally love their games and can't have enough of them.

xbox and playstation have a wide variety of games, to dismiss those games because a few FPS games are popular is ridiculous.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#92 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

I found all those tweets boring instead of being funny . The best joke could've been this :

Congratulations ! . Battlefield is going to be fixed completely in our new April 1st patch .

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 DocSanchez

@Farsendor1: Absolutely.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 locopatho

@nintendoboy16 said:
@locopatho said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

Did Nintendo really lie about it, or did they fall back on it after the backlash they received for THAT game? If anything, the "hardcore" gamers NEVER wanted Nintendo to do this since that announcement and flip-flopping their stance on what they wanted from that company.

Yes. They lied about it. I don't really care, since I wasn't stupid enough to actually believe their lies. Seems pretty harsh for any loyal fans who actually believed them though.

Your bullshit theories are hilarious as ever, your attempts to blame gamers for Nintendo's **** ups are not. Seriously, bout as low as I've seen anyone go to defend Nintendo: "Well of course WiiU is shit, Nintendo is responding to fanboys who demanded it be shit on System Wars!". Yeah, no.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By DJ-Lafleur
@locopatho said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@locopatho said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@locopatho said:
@KBFloYd said:

Yes. They lied about it. I don't really care, since I wasn't stupid enough to actually believe their lies. Seems pretty harsh for any loyal fans who actually believed them though.

Your bullshit theories are hilarious as ever, your attempts to blame gamers for Nintendo's **** ups are not. Seriously, bout as low as I've seen anyone go to defend Nintendo: "Well of course WiiU is shit, Nintendo is responding to fanboys who demanded it be shit on System Wars!". Yeah, no.

How are they lying about it being for the core. I mean, they aren't exactly doing a great job pf trying to cater to the core gamer or any gamer for that matter, but I'm not seeing how they are lying about wanting to appeal to core gamers, when they have stuff like X, Wonderful 101, Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, and bought out bayonetta 2.

I'm sure they do try to cater to the more hardcore gamers, but as I said, they just don't really do a great job of it on the console front.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

To be fair, the 3DS is actually a great piece of gaming hardware. Maybe Nintendo should stop making home consoles and stick to their handhelds since the Gameboy, Color, Advance, and DS all sold crazy good and even had better games than the N64, Gamecube, and Wii. The 3DS just proves the point that their handhelds do better than their home platforms, lol.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@-paranorman- said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

What do you mean i hurt your feelings?....................Didn't know you had any.

What do you mean I ain't kind?............... I'm just not your kind.

Haha, another Megadeth fan! Love 'em.

Man, I saw them live in San Francisco 9/11/07. James Lomenzo on the bass was sick!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 nintendoboy16

@locopatho said:

@nintendoboy16 said:
@locopatho said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

And you're defending most BS caused by gamers. Seriously, hardly have I seen you say to your fellow gamer that what they have been doing is wrong, outside of getting emotional towards EA and calling out their BS or fanboyishly defending something a company does (even if it's not that big of a damn deal), going as far as boycott. I'm not saying Nintendo was right in everything they handled about the Wii U. I never did. Even I called them out on several things. But you, you refuse to see how every major party (not just Nintendo) is at fault. You continually brush off the controversy over THAT game as if was "just fanboy rage", brushing it off as if it was nothing (obviously, it was something, otherwise one of the three parties involved wouldn't be bringing it up, it was the same level as the Mass Effect 3 ending). Heck, I've yet to see you get on a third party's ass over something related (which, believe it or not, some ARE to blame, read these Twitter posts by the former developer of the Wii U version of Need for Speed: Most Wanted, who blames both Nintendo AND EA for that mess, heck when I made a thread about it on this very forum, I didn't even defend Nintendo at all) to the same system.

No wonder SM (one of Nintendo's bigger critics, mind you, surely bigger than anyone here) thinks Nintendo going for the hardcore was a mistake. And hardware (good or bad) has nothing to do with why.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 locopatho

@DJ-Lafleur said:

How are they lying about it being for the core, or what do you even mean when you say "core?" I mean, they aren't exactly doing a great job pf trying to cater to the core gamer or any gamer for that matter, but I'm not seeing how they are lying about wanting to appeal to core gamers, when they have stuff like X, Wonderful 101, Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, and bought out bayonetta 2 (or perhaps I'm not exactly understanding what you even mean by "core").

They repeatedly said that Wii's performance wasn't good enough for core gamers (true) and said the WiiU would fix it.

They said they would develop more core games and yet have brought out mostly minigames, 2d platformers (which I guess are core games but not very ambitious or exciting, there's nothing really new to them after the SNES), and ports. Nothing wrong with the games you mentioned but they are a trickle at best, slower than Wii (which even Nintendo said wasn't good enough).

They said that WiiU could be the prefered place for multiplats and yet after a few last gen ports, promptly stopped getting multiplats.

I consider those to be lies.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii-u-message-confusing-nintendo/1100-6383049/

"Do we want to reach out to the core audience? Absolutely. They're very much part of our audience and the group of consumers we hope will find the way you can reimagine games on the Wii U. The Wii U could become the preferred way to play those games for some of the core gamers. You can imagine how a game like Call of Duty would work on the Wii U--the GamePad will allow you to declutter the TV and pull gaming items like maps down and not interrupt your interaction and enjoy the cinematic quality of the game on the TV. That's one application that could be exciting and could enhance gameplay for a core gamer."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-30-iwata-wii-u-will-appeal-to-core

"Iwata said he believed the Wii failed to satisfy enough "core" gamers.

"I certainly do not think that Wii was able to cater to every gamer's needs, so that's also something I wanted to resolve," he said. "The general public's impression that Nintendo was casual grew as time went by.""

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 DJ-Lafleur

@locopatho said:

@DJ-Lafleur said:

How are they lying about it being for the core, or what do you even mean when you say "core?" I mean, they aren't exactly doing a great job pf trying to cater to the core gamer or any gamer for that matter, but I'm not seeing how they are lying about wanting to appeal to core gamers, when they have stuff like X, Wonderful 101, Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, and bought out bayonetta 2 (or perhaps I'm not exactly understanding what you even mean by "core").

They repeatedly said that Wii's performance wasn't good enough for core gamers (true) and said the WiiU would fix it.

They said they would develop more core games and yet have brought out mostly minigames, 2d platformers (which I guess are core games but not very ambitious or exciting, there's nothing really new to them after the SNES), and ports. Nothing wrong with the games you mentioned but they are a trickle at best, slower than Wii (which even Nintendo said wasn't good enough).

They said that WiiU could be the prefered place for multiplats and yet after a few last gen ports, promptly stopped getting multiplats.

I consider those to be lies.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii-u-message-confusing-nintendo/1100-6383049/

"Do we want to reach out to the core audience? Absolutely. They're very much part of our audience and the group of consumers we hope will find the way you can reimagine games on the Wii U. The Wii U could become the preferred way to play those games for some of the core gamers. You can imagine how a game like Call of Duty would work on the Wii U--the GamePad will allow you to declutter the TV and pull gaming items like maps down and not interrupt your interaction and enjoy the cinematic quality of the game on the TV. That's one application that could be exciting and could enhance gameplay for a core gamer."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-30-iwata-wii-u-will-appeal-to-core

"Iwata said he believed the Wii failed to satisfy enough "core" gamers.

"I certainly do not think that Wii was able to cater to every gamer's needs, so that's also something I wanted to resolve," he said. "The general public's impression that Nintendo was casual grew as time went by.""

Eh, I largely agree, I just think there is some difference between "lying" and "not being able to keep one's word." I mean, if I was going to take a test, and I was saying 'I'm totally going to get over 90% on this test," but I actually ended up geetting a 78%, I wouldn't exactly say that is lying, when in my head I was sure that I would manage to get a 90%.

Overall what they said they would pull off with the Wii U has managed to be false to a significant extent, I just question how deliberateness of it all.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 locopatho

@nintendoboy16 said:

And you're defending most BS caused by gamers. Seriously, hardly have I seen you say to your fellow gamer that what they have been doing is wrong, outside of getting emotional towards EA and calling out their BS or fanboyishly defending something a company does (even if it's not that big of a damn deal), going as far as boycott. I'm not saying Nintendo was right in everything they handled about the Wii U. I never did. Even I called them out on several things. But you, you refuse to see how every major party (not just Nintendo) is at fault. You continually brush off the controversy over THAT game as if was "just fanboy rage", brushing it off as if it was nothing (obviously, it was something, otherwise one of the three parties involved wouldn't be bringing it up, it was the same level as the Mass Effect 3 ending). Heck, I've yet to see you get on a third party's ass over something related (which, believe it or not, some ARE to blame, read these Twitter posts by the former developer of the Wii U version of Need for Speed: Most Wanted, who blames both Nintendo AND EA for that mess, heck when I made a thread about it on this very forum, I didn't even defend Nintendo at all) to the same system.

No wonder SM (one of Nintendo's bigger critics, mind you, surely bigger than anyone here) thinks Nintendo going for the hardcore was a mistake. And hardware (good or bad) has nothing to do with why.

Lol that is a brilliant rant. References to random shit that only exists in your own head,

"hardly have I seen you say to your fellow gamer that what they have been doing is wrong" - what the **** are you talking about?

"But you, you refuse to see how every major party (not just Nintendo) is at fault." - what the **** are you talking about?

"you continually brush off the controversy over THAT game as if was "just fanboy rage"," - it was. It happens for dozens of games, all the time. Look at Titanfall and how the Cows are slating it non stop, yet will happily buy Titanfall 2. Get the **** over it.

"Heck, I've yet to see you get on a third party's ass over something related" - what the **** are you talking about?

"No wonder SM (one of Nintendo's bigger critics, mind you, surely bigger than anyone here) thinks Nintendo going for the hardcore was a mistake. And hardware (good or bad) has nothing to do with why." - what the **** are you talking about?