DYK Just how Bad the PS4 is Destroying the X1 in games? Wow.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@thegreatgeneral said:
@darkangel115 said:

I feel like cows have to constantly try and say how much the PS has to offer as if to convince themselves.

This thread is based on facts and not wishful opinions like lemmings (and charizard) love to do, so I dont see your problem.

I don't have a problem, but throwing out a bunch of obscure games isn't exactly highlighting a system. most people aren't going to own 500 games across a gen and everyone has different taste in games. If you look at say a top 20 exclusives from either system, you'll see its mostly based around a few franchises. Sony has infamous, killzone, GT, UC, TLOU and god of war. MS has halo, fable, gears, forza, forza horizon, crackdown. they really aren't very different. its all a matter of what you prefer. This gen i barely used my PS4 so far. last gen the only good sony games i played were UC, god of war, and TLOU. basically 5 games (ascension sucked) For my 360 gears (3 were good, judgement sucked) Halo (4 games) fable 2 (3 sucked) alan wake, thats about 9 that stand out. Sure they both might have had a few i left off that were good, but not stand out good. Of course this is 100% all my opinion, but when it comes to games i want to play, i pay attention to my opinion and not list wars. and i don't feel the need to parade it around to try and force that opinion on others. My main point is, if a company is really putting out good games, people will notice and not need it forced down there throat. The constant cow harping just makes it feel like they are overcompensating for lack of something.

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts
@darkangel115 said:

@thegreatgeneral said:
@darkangel115 said:

I feel like cows have to constantly try and say how much the PS has to offer as if to convince themselves.

This thread is based on facts and not wishful opinions like lemmings (and charizard) love to do, so I dont see your problem.

I don't have a problem, but throwing out a bunch of obscure games isn't exactly highlighting a system. most people aren't going to own 500 games across a gen and everyone has different taste in games. If you look at say a top 20 exclusives from either system, you'll see its mostly based around a few franchises. Sony has infamous, killzone, GT, UC, TLOU and god of war. MS has halo, fable, gears, forza, forza horizon, crackdown. they really aren't very different. its all a matter of what you prefer. This gen i barely used my PS4 so far. last gen the only good sony games i played were UC, god of war, and TLOU. basically 5 games (ascension sucked) For my 360 gears (3 were good, judgement sucked) Halo (4 games) fable 2 (3 sucked) alan wake, thats about 9 that stand out. Sure they both might have had a few i left off that were good, but not stand out good. Of course this is 100% all my opinion, but when it comes to games i want to play, i pay attention to my opinion and not list wars. and i don't feel the need to parade it around to try and force that opinion on others. My main point is, if a company is really putting out good games, people will notice and not need it forced down there throat. The constant cow harping just makes it feel like they are overcompensating for lack of something.

Please use paragraphs next time.

And wow you have a very narrow gaming taste if you only include top selling franchises. Neither of your listed games are even my favorites on either consoles.

@darkangel115 said:

The constant cow harping just makes it feel like they are overcompensating for lack of something.

Its was actually the other way around right before launch and the last few weeks, so I cant agree to that. Cows are actually very quiet about their lineup even if its factually better than the xbone. But dont worry you will get your taste on real bragging next year.

Edit: Yeah now that I think about it, its actually the sheep that are really bragging about games this whole year.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

lol List War site.

When a couple of those ps4 exclusives are bellow 60 on MC, it really shows.

thr1llh0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By thr1llh0us
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Cows using games like Flower to declare "destruction" is just painful to watch.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@tormentos said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Lol enjoying those Indies ehh....I would be so sad if all I had was a PS4, ever since I sent my X1 in for repairs I haven't been able to play FH2, SO and I am missing out on MCC....and my PS4 just sits there flipping me off

The same indies you hypocrites use to hype on 360.?

I would be more sad if i were you,your console already broke and Halo MCC is basically in all its form on 360,while Fh2 is also on 360 and the only thing really exclusive to play is SO...

The best games on xbox one this holiday are some where else as well..lol

You don''t need and xbox one for Halo CE,Halo 2,Halo 3 and Halo 4 neither for FH2.

@Animal-Mother said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

And yet xbox one has better games. newsflash....indies and F2P trash doesn't count.

yet MS spent 2 billion on an indie....

Yep and they pretend it didn't happen and when you mention it they ignore it..hahaha

Indies don't count because they all leave MS in the dust after MS threat them like dirt last gen..

@RR360DD said:

Yeah, a list full of garbage games / indies I can play on my laptop does not impress.

Come back when the PS4 starts getting blockbusters worth talking about.

Towerfall is higher rated than FH2,SO,Titanfall and all the Kinect shovel ware on xbox one,i guess in the end you don't need to have a 100 million dollar game to be good.

But we already know that...

Loading Video...

Never forget..hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

How a 2 hour PSN Indie game beat Halo 4 and Mass Effect 3 for Goty on 2012..hahaha

Since you and other cows love to play sales why don't you throw the sales number up for that GOTY. On second thought, don't bother because its sales sucked. Hard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#107  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

@thegreatgeneral said:
Yeah now that I think about it, its actually the sheep that are really bragging about games this whole year.

To be fair, I think that's mostly the same couple of Nintendrones (KBFloYD and Charizard) repeating the same shit over and over again. Or, at least, that's what it looks like to me...

@deadline-zero0 said:

When a couple of those ps4 exclusives are bellow 60 on MC, it really shows.

Could be worse. At least it's not 23, like Fighter Within.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Since you and other cows love to play sales why don't you throw the sales number up for that GOTY. On second thought, don't bother because its sales sucked. Hard.

It could have sell 3 copies for all i care it beat Halo 4 for Goty..hahaha A PSN game that last 2 hours..hahaha

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/halo-the-master-chief-collection

And look who is trailing TLOU score already on Meta..hahaha

If this doesn't change soon Halo MCC will be behind TLOU score in Meta and it will be an epic holiday for you lemmings,well there is always gamespot were you can hold tied to as only reliable source even that this site it self advertise alone side its score a Metacritic one..hahaha

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#109  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@RR360DD said:

@tormentos said:

The only thing exclusive about MCC is Halo 5 beta,the rest is a collection of old ass games

Yeah thats not true. Maybe do a bit of research

are most of the games 5+ years old? Yes. They're old ass games.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#110 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Jesus, what a stupid thread.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 darkangel115

@thegreatgeneral said:
@darkangel115 said:

@thegreatgeneral said:
@darkangel115 said:

And wow you have a very narrow gaming taste if you only include top selling franchises. Neither of your listed games are even my favorites on either consoles.

@darkangel115 said:

The constant cow harping just makes it feel like they are overcompensating for lack of something.

Its was actually the other way around right before launch and the last few weeks, so I cant agree to that. Cows are actually very quiet about their lineup even if its factually better than the xbone. But dont worry you will get your taste on real bragging next year.

Edit: Yeah now that I think about it, its actually the sheep that are really bragging about games this whole year.

Narrow taste? based on what. Its not like i said I didn't like other games, I just said standout ones, like ones that come to mind easily. All i see is great variety on PS4, then i look at my PS4 and its useless right now. Nobody ever lists anything they personally like, the few names people have listed have 0 interest to me. I don't want to play 8 bit indie games like when i was a kid, I don't like Japanese sex games that come form japan and are geared towards horny teenagers who can't get laid. Now nothing wrong if they like them, everyone can like what they please, but cows come off as wine snobs talking trash about a wine someone else likes. like a bunch of hipsters.

and quiet about their line-up? come on, most of the threads are started by cows here either bashing the Xbone or praising the PS4. Hardly "quiet" and what do you mean taste on real bragging? The order looks good to me regardless of the negative impressions, bloodborne doesn't interest me at all, i never liked the souls series. I'll grab UC4 but not expecting much, the 3rd was a let down and TLOU while good, isn't half as good as people claim it to be. Next year looks like my PS4 isn't gonna do much either as well. but at least the order will let me dust off the old PS4 for a bit and make use of it.

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 cantloginnow
Member since 2013 • 381 Posts

The PS4 offers nothing.

Its no games and constant damage control for the Cows.Glad I didnt slap down $400 on hype.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

Does this mean the Xbox 360 was better than the PS3 last gen?

Because it had about 3000 more indie games than the PS3 did, and a few hundred extra retail games, yet I see a lot of people say the PS3 was the best console last gen.

I'm guessing the Sony fans won't agree with that idea though.

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 TheGreatGeneral

@darkangel115 said:

@thegreatgeneral said:

@darkangel115 said:

Narrow taste? based on what. Its not like i said I didn't like other games, I just said standout ones, like ones that come to mind easily.

Standout titles are for me not the stables like UC, Halos or Marios, but more the hidden gems of the gens.

@darkangel115 said:

and quiet about their line-up? come on, most of the threads are started by cows here either bashing the Xbone or praising the PS4. Hardly "quiet" and what do you mean taste on real bragging? The order looks good to me regardless of the negative impressions, bloodborne doesn't interest me at all, i never liked the souls series. I'll grab UC4 but not expecting much, the 3rd was a let down and TLOU while good, isn't half as good as people claim it to be. Next year looks like my PS4 isn't gonna do much either as well. but at least the order will let me dust off the old PS4 for a bit and make use of it.

Yeah they are quiet and its not true that most bragging/bashing threads about games are made by cows. I dont get how you can say that if you were here the last few weeks.

Bloodborne, The Order and Uncharted are not the only games to look forward to in 2015. Your narrow tastes in play again, it seems.

Playstation plattforms are always about variety and that will not change this gen. I for one welcome this.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@tormentos said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

And yet xbox one has better games. newsflash....indies and F2P trash doesn't count.

By metacritics it doesn't either..

And if indies don't count on PS4 Kinect games don't count on xbox one,so that mean you only got 1 exclusive in 2014 Sunset Over drive the rest either doesn't count or is multiplatform how sad the xbox one is..lol

hmm, forza horizon 2 scored a 9, and halo MCC is exclusive to xbox one. what does the ps4 have? nothing at all.

Forza Horizon 2 didn't score a 9 even here hahahaaaaaaaa. It had 8 and on meta it has 85..lol

The only thing exclusive about MCC is Halo 5 beta,the rest is a collection of old ass games,Halo CE is on Xbox,xbox 360,PC and Xbox one this holiday,Halo 2 on xbox and xbox one,Halo 3 on xbox 360 and xbox one,Halo 4 on xbox 360 and xbox one..

lol Juts because is call MCC doesn't mean it is a brand new game is a collection of games out now which are been play on this very moment out there.

Yes the PS4 already got TLOU which has 95% on meta far away from anything on xbox one score wise,MLB,Samurai Warriors,Velocity 2X,DC and soon LBP3..And early next year Bloodborn and The Order when the xbox one doesn't have anything for like the first 6 months..lol

You are right and wrong on MCC. Can you play Halo 1 maps in Halo 2? Can you play Halo 2 campaigns in Halo 3? Nope. So, while the games have been on other platforms before, they are a little bit more than just the four games on one disc.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@RR360DD said:

@tormentos said:

The only thing exclusive about MCC is Halo 5 beta,the rest is a collection of old ass games

And?

My issue was him saying the only thing exclusive is the beta.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 darkangel115

@thegreatgeneral said:

@darkangel115 said:

@thegreatgeneral said:

@darkangel115 said:

Narrow taste? based on what. Its not like i said I didn't like other games, I just said standout ones, like ones that come to mind easily.

Standout titles are for me not the stables like UC, Halos or Marios, but more the hidden gems of the gens.

@darkangel115 said:

Yeah they are quiet and its not true that most bragging/bashing threads about games are made by cows. I dont get how you can say that if you were here the last few weeks.

Bloodborne, The Order and Uncharted are not the only games to look forward to in 2015. Your narrow tastes in play again, it seems.

Playstation plattforms are always about variety and that will not change this gen. I for one welcome this.

Feel free to enlighten me then as to what these "hidden" gems are. because I don't see variety on the PS4 at all.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@tormentos said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

It could have sell 3 copies for all i care it beat Halo 4 for Goty..hahaha A PSN game that last 2 hours..hahaha

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/halo-the-master-chief-collection

And look who is trailing TLOU score already on Meta..hahaha

If this doesn't change soon Halo MCC will be behind TLOU score in Meta and it will be an epic holiday for you lemmings,well there is always gamespot were you can hold tied to as only reliable source even that this site it self advertise alone side its score a Metacritic one..hahaha

Nobody cares about your wimpy ass artsy fartsy game. Nobody bought it, I don't even remember the name of it lol. Truth is...ps4 has nothing but flops this year, not even flops, flop because they have no games.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts
Loading Video...

just for the laugh!!

LMAO @tormentos owned a bunch of delusional lembots they think halo is everything LOL

dat little indy game journey beats master chief bahahaha

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 TheGreatGeneral

@darkangel115 said:

Feel free to enlighten me then as to what these "hidden" gems are. because I don't see variety on the PS4 at all.

For PS3 it was folkore, VC and so on.

For 360 it was Tales of Vesperia, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey (To a lesser extent). (360 had a lot less of them compared to PS3 in general)

The PS4 has not many of them right now other than Resogun, Velocity X and Transistor. But in 2015 YS, Rime, The tommorow children, DQH and some more will get released and I hear not often about them here on SW.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 StormyJoe

@lglz1337 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: lems using a lackluster MS 1st party since 2006 to declare "destruction" is just painfull to watch

Killer Instinct? Crackdown 3? Project Spark? Those are both announced 1st party, and they are not Gears-Halo-Forza-Fable

so much after 8 years LOL

killer instinct: mediocre

crackdown: mediocre and not 1st party

project spark: wanabee LBP

MS studio's are a big joke!

Yeah - move the time table back to last gen to try an make a point. Epic fail on your part.

Regardless of what you think of MS 1st party, your point of "they only do forza-halo-fable-gears" is bullshit, and discredited. Suck it up and deal.

i know ms 1st party is a joke a proven fact since 2006!

1. Halo - One of the biggest FPS franchises in video games
  2. Forza - Best racing sim on consoles
  3. Fable - Decent RPG
  4. Gears (now MS property) - One of the best 3rd person shooters, revolutionary online play

Yeah... it really sucks.

Cows gonna cow, I guess.

yes and there we have it LOL

same thing every year so excited LOL

and they call us cows LOL

Killzone 5, Uncharted 4, Gran Turismo 7, Little Big Planet 3. Pot, met kettle.

You are making yourself look the fool.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 darkangel115

@thegreatgeneral said:

@darkangel115 said:

For PS3 it was folkore, VC and so on.

For 360 it was Tales of Vesperia, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey (To a lesser extent). (360 had a lot less of them compared to PS3 in general)

The PS4 has not many of them right now other than Resogun, Velocity X and Transistor. But in 2015 YS, Rime, The tommorow children, DQH and some more will get released and I hear not often about them here on SW.

Yet most of those games, i could care less about. I mean maybe for young kids who never played old style games or older people looking for some nostalgia, but I didn't buy new consoles to play the same games i played as a kid 30 years ago.

folklore? a JRPG no thanks

VC? no idea what this is

tales of vespria? again JRPG no thanks

Blue dragon? Lost oddyssey? same as above

resogun? boring. I grew out of those games with the raiden project on my PS1

Velocity X? a vita platform game ported to the PS4

transistor ? a jrpg indy game (also on PC, mac, and linux BTW) again no thanks

Listen I'm not going to trash your taste in games, but don't come around telling me about all these great games because you like them. In my opinion every game you listed there for both xbox and PS suck, So for me, there is no varity as you speak of as its all indies and JRPGs thats the definition of no variety. clearly you like JRPGs and if you do, then yes the PS4 is probably the system for you, But if you don't like JRPGs, PS systems really don't bring a lot of good games. and no 1000 JRPGs is not variety. its just as bad as 1000 FPS games

then for 2015 you throw out more indie platformers. I didn't buy a PS4 to play indie platformers all the time. Your list gives me nothing to look forward to

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By lglz1337

@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: lems using a lackluster MS 1st party since 2006 to declare "destruction" is just painfull to watch

Killer Instinct? Crackdown 3? Project Spark? Those are both announced 1st party, and they are not Gears-Halo-Forza-Fable

so much after 8 years LOL

killer instinct: mediocre

crackdown: mediocre and not 1st party

project spark: wanabee LBP

MS studio's are a big joke!

Yeah - move the time table back to last gen to try an make a point. Epic fail on your part.

Regardless of what you think of MS 1st party, your point of "they only do forza-halo-fable-gears" is bullshit, and discredited. Suck it up and deal.

i know ms 1st party is a joke a proven fact since 2006!

1. Halo - One of the biggest FPS franchises in video games
  2. Forza - Best racing sim on consoles
  3. Fable - Decent RPG
  4. Gears (now MS property) - One of the best 3rd person shooters, revolutionary online play

Yeah... it really sucks.

Cows gonna cow, I guess.

yes and there we have it LOL

same thing every year so excited LOL

and they call us cows LOL

Killzone 5, Uncharted 4, Gran Turismo 7, Little Big Planet 3. Pot, met kettle.

You are making yourself look the fool.

sony 1st party >>>>>>>>>> MS 1st party

do not twist, we got goty's and you not LOL

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 TheGreatGeneral
@darkangel115 said:

Yet most of those games, i could care less about. I mean maybe for young kids who never played old style games or older people looking for some nostalgia, but I didn't buy new consoles to play the same games i played as a kid 30 years ago.

Is that not even more reason for you to widen your gaming habits?

You dismiss japanese games just because of the origin even when most of them are top notch.

@darkangel115 said:

1000 JRPGs is not variety. its just as bad as 1000 FPS games

Thats so untrue. The games I listed play, look and feel complettly different and are not even all JRPG.

@darkangel115 said:

Listen I'm not going to trash your taste in games, but don't come around telling me about all these great games because you like them. In my opinion every game you listed there for both xbox and PS suck, So for me, there is no varity as you speak of as its all indies and JRPGs thats the definition of no variety. clearly you like JRPGs and if you do, then yes the PS4 is probably the system for you, But if you don't like JRPGs, PS systems really don't bring a lot of good games. and no 1000 JRPGs is not variety. its just as bad as 1000 FPS games

then for 2015 you throw out more indie platformers. I didn't buy a PS4 to play indie platformers all the time. Your list gives me nothing to look forward to

None of them were indies or plattformers. (Rime is more of a puzzle game with plattforming elements)

If you really just play mainstream AAA games (Which I play too) or western games in general (Which I play too), I cant help but feel buffled.

Its okay I guess, but you are missing out a lot.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By StormyJoe

@lglz1337 said:

sony 1st party >>>>>>>>>> MS 1st party

do not twist, we got goty's and you not LOL

Again, that's your opinion. You ar ethe one who said MS's first party is "same thing every year".

You are the one being proven the fool, by your own comments. It would be wise for you to just bow out now... ;-)

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts
@RR360DD said:

Yeah, a list full of garbage games / indies I can play on my laptop does not impress.

Come back when the PS4 starts getting blockbusters worth talking about.

Not to mention he is call game like TLOU remastered and injustice gods among us "exclusive". The list is bullshit.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 darkangel115

@thegreatgeneral said:
@darkangel115 said:

Is that not even more reason for you to widen your gaming habits?

You dismiss japanese games just because of the origin even when most of them are top notch.

@darkangel115 said:

1000 JRPGs is not variety. its just as bad as 1000 FPS games

Thats so untrue. The games I listed play, look and feel complettly different and are not even all JRPG.

@darkangel115 said:

None of them were indies or plattformers. (Rime is more of a puzzle game with plattforming elements)

If you really just play mainstream AAA games (Which I play too) or western games in general (Which I play too), I cant help but feel buffled.

Its okay I guess, but you are missing out a lot.

1) i do have a pretty broad range. I'll play some sports games, RPGs, sandbox, TPS, FPS, action adventure, platforms, survival horror, and every once in a while a good indie game. I pretty much play everything except the boring sports (racing, baseball) JRPGs, Fighting, and RTS games

And i don't just dismiss them due to origin, I don't like turn based combat, its boring and most JRPGs are turn based, I don't like the whole anime look and stories that come with it. I'll never enjoy in the world these games are set in. I did used to like them back in the day, but i grew out of it, and looking back, kids generally like dumb crap. as a kid i liked dumb crap. Do you see the shows kids watch? Having 2 kids of my own, i sometimes watch tv with them and think, dam i liked stupid crap as a kid lol.

2) even if they look or play different, they are still JRPGs. skyrim and fallout look and play different but are still RPGs regardless.

3) yes they were indie games. puzzle plat former? like catherine? that game was terrible. and yes they were also platformers for the most part what you listed

4) I don't just play mainstream games, but yes i do play mostly AAA games, with a rare good indie or 2. But having a lineup of 1000 indie games doesn't interest me. I can play one here and there but thats it. take max: the curse of brotherhood. was actually a good game i got free. and i beat it. but for every max there are 20 crappy ones like don't starve, contrast, chariot etc etc.as far as western, depends on your view. I don't play Japanese games because they don't appeal to me, but i'll play games form any other country. france, poland, canada, USA, UK, etc Its just Japanese games i find dumb and repelling.

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 TheGreatGeneral
@scottpsfan14 said:

Funny cos Halo>Killzone. Forza>GT in recent years.

Halo and Forza are MS's games that are head and sholders above the competition as an experiece. Sony don't have franchises on the scale of Halo. Uncharted is barely the size of Gears. It's arguably a better single player game, but even then Gears multiplayer is better unless you count the verticality in Uncharted.

I agree as a whole, Naughty Dog, SSM, Media Molecule offer some of the best games in the industry, but the others are hit and miss like Evolution with DriveClub, GG with Killzone 3 and Shadow Fall, hell, even ND have had their bad apples with Uncharted 3 to some. But who hasn't I guess?

At the end of the day, what matters is who is delivering now. Infamous SS proved to be nothing special for the franchise. Killzone Shadow Fall was shit. DriveClub was well.. you know what. This is Sony first party NOW. Sucker Punch and GG were two potential big hitters in 2013/2014. They both failed to maintain dat Sony first party "elite" status.

So what is your opinion about PS and Xbox first party as a whole?

You said practically nothing with so many words.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

I think SW is almost back in full swing.

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 TheGreatGeneral

@darkangel115:

Its okay we just have different tastes.

Here is a trailer of Rime made by an indie developer but published by Sony. (Like nintendo and platinum with bayonetta)

Its an open world puzzle game with platforming elements.

Loading Video...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Lol, I'd still take Xbone every time.

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By TheGreatGeneral
@scottpsfan14 said:

It was more of an overview of Sony's first party. They aren't consistent elites. They hardly ever deliver greatness inbetween ND games.

I think you judge games too much on reviews. Motorstorm for example is the most fun arcade racers I played and that did not set the world aflame with their reception.

ND games are commercial and critical successes but are hardly my favorites.

You put halo, forza (sells as much as killzone and fh2 bombed) and gears as your examples for Xbox but thats practicly all they have and halo and forza have almost yearly releases already.

Edit: Not to mention that gears was third party and halo got bought together with bungie back then.

In my eyes they those 3 games are more of a curse for xbox because a) I dont like them and b) take to much resources MS could put into better games.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 darkangel115

@thegreatgeneral said:

@darkangel115:

Its okay we just have different tastes.

Here is a trailer of Rime made by an indie developer but published by Sony. (Like nintendo and platinum with bayonetta)

Its an open world puzzle game with platforming elements.

Loading Video...

I've seen that several times. I have 0 interest in it. It just doesn't look fun. also platinum is an AAA studio that puts out great games like bayonetta 1 and 2 and MGS: rising. and yes i know they are a japan studio and have made games i consider dumb like the wonderful 101 and legend of korra.

Rime is made by TW who has only made 1 game (an XBLA exclusive) and it sucked lol

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#138 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I have a ps4 and theres not much I want to play on it. The only game I've finished is the last of us. I'm mostly waiting for bloodborne and future exclusives like god of war and uncharted. I'm waiting to see more for the order so far it looks interesting.

I have my WiiU to hold me over in the meantime. Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule warriors are great Smash will be awesome too.

Nothing on xbox interests me. I don't care about their first party stuff like halo or gears.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#139  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@RR360DD said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@RR360DD said:

@tormentos said:

And?

Yeah the beta and halo 2 is the only exclusive thing.... Are halo 1-4 on the Xbox 360?

Yes except for 2.....

Halo 1 Anniversary http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Combat-Evolved-Anniversary-Xbox-360/dp/B0050SYY5E

Halo 3 http://www.amazon.com/Halo-3-Xbox-360/dp/B000FRU0NU/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1415758653&sr=1-1&keywords=Halo+3

Halo 4 http://www.amazon.com/Halo-4-Xbox-360-Standard-Game/dp/B0050SYX8W/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1415758660&sr=1-1&keywords=Halo+4

It says they're on xbox 360. The MCC aside from the remade 2 are not exclusive at all.

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

indie and arcade titles have never counted because they are not held to the same standard as full retail titles. While some indie/arcade games can be great they are not released at a $60 price tag and held to the standard that they should provide $60 worth of quality and content. Resogun at $10 is an AA game but at $60 it would be a totally different story.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts
@lostrib said:

And yet still lacks enough interesting games to make it a worthwhile purchase at the moment

In your opinion....I could say the same thing about PC and X1.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@slim70 said:

I just don't see how a list of exclusives dominated by indie games can be considered a win. Can anyone here even say that they've purchased either a 360, X1, PS3 or a PS4 specifically for indie games? I know that I'm certainly not going to drop $400 on a console to play games that my tablet or cell phone can play neither is anyone that I personally know.

Speak for yourself. Towerfall Ascension is one of my favorite games this gen. Just because you don't like indies doesn't mean others don't.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:
@lostrib said:

And yet still lacks enough interesting games to make it a worthwhile purchase at the moment

In your opinion....I could say the same thing about PC and X1.

yes, i thought that would have been implied. Maybe next year it will be worth the money

CitizenCold23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 CitizenCold23
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

The Wii U blows both out of the water, but I'm definitely getting an Xbox One in 2015. The games look more appealing to me.

charomid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#145 charomid
Member since 2005 • 901 Posts

@Eddie-Vedder: Do you realize how dumb you sound? There is literally NO GAME on ps4 right now that makes you say "WOW I HAVE TO BUY A PS4" or "I NEED THIS GAME NOW". You can name all the games you want, but until it produces an actual great game... Ill pass, as I am sure many feel the same way

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@SolidTy said:

I glanced at the link. Interesting.

For those mobile users who can't be bothered to click the hyperlink,

The Link (and tabs in link) cover the:

1. quality argument (metacritic scores, PS4 has more at the moment),

2. Upcoming games (58 PS4 vs. 53 Xbone),

3. Released Retail games (74 PS4 vs. 68 Xbone),

4. Released Digital games (97 PS4 vs. 40 Xbone),

5. Total Released games (171 PS4 vs. 108 Xbone),

6. PS+ vs. GwG (22 free PS+ games vs. 8 free GWG games),

7. New IPs (9 PS4 vs. 8 Xbone).

HOLY GEEZAS, ps4 is destroying xbone so bad, at least gen they had a chance.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@RR360DD said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@RR360DD said:

@tormentos said:

And?

Yeah the beta and halo 2 is the only exclusive thing.... Are halo 1-4 on the Xbox 360?

Yes except for 2.....

Halo 1 Anniversary http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Combat-Evolved-Anniversary-Xbox-360/dp/B0050SYY5E

Halo 3 http://www.amazon.com/Halo-3-Xbox-360/dp/B000FRU0NU/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1415758653&sr=1-1&keywords=Halo+3

Halo 4 http://www.amazon.com/Halo-4-Xbox-360-Standard-Game/dp/B0050SYX8W/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1415758660&sr=1-1&keywords=Halo+4

It says they're on xbox 360. The MCC aside from the remade 2 are not exclusive at all.

So I was right in calling out tomato for saying the beta is the only thing exclusive.

What exactly is the issue here again?

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#149 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@SolidTy said:

I glanced at the link. Interesting.

For those mobile users who can't be bothered to click the hyperlink,

The Link (and tabs in link) cover the:

1. quality argument (metacritic scores, PS4 has more at the moment),

2. Upcoming games (58 PS4 vs. 53 Xbone),

3. Released Retail games (74 PS4 vs. 68 Xbone),

4. Released Digital games (97 PS4 vs. 40 Xbone),

5. Total Released games (171 PS4 vs. 108 Xbone),

6. PS+ vs. GwG (22 free PS+ games vs. 8 free GWG games),

7. New IPs (9 PS4 vs. 8 Xbone).

HOLY GEEZAS, ps4 is destroying xbone so bad, at least gen they had a chance.

tbh X1 doesn't stand a chance, specially next year

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 lglz1337

@scottpsfan14: funny guy GT beats both saleswise!